Lions Post Game - NFCN Champs - Giants Leadup

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis, humanrefutation

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,913

Re: Lions Post Game - NFCN Champs - Giants Leadup 

Post#21 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Jan 2, 2017 5:35 am

After 16 games I don't know what we could have held back, that would be brand new that the Giants haven't seen on tape. I guess MM or Capers could try something new but sticking with what worked to win 6 straight is good with me.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
WiscoKing13
RealGM
And1: 1,274

Post#22 » by WiscoKing13 » Mon Jan 2, 2017 5:35 am

Packers not only will need to find a roster spot for a CB but for Pennel. Options are, Starks/Rollins to IR, and/or Ringo/Callahan cut
DanoMac wrote:
bullox wrote:That phone number was an asset to you. You had a direct line to the gm. You've squandered it.

I squandered an asset? Then Hammond taught me well.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,262

Post#23 » by Mags FTW » Mon Jan 2, 2017 5:35 am

ReasonablySober wrote:I like getting the late game.

Just glad they're playing on Sunday. You can sit and enjoy the Saturday games.

Another benefit of this is that it probably increases our chances of keeping Cook. He's now on his most successful team ever and headed to the playoffs for the first time. Gotta be enjoying it right now.
Mags FTW
RealGM

Post#24 » by Mags FTW » Mon Jan 2, 2017 5:37 am

MickeyDavis wrote:After 16 games I don't know what we could have held back, that would be brand new that the Giants haven't seen on tape.

A screen pass.
WiscoKing13
RealGM
And1: 1,274

Post#25 » by WiscoKing13 » Mon Jan 2, 2017 5:37 am

Only CB on the practice squad is herb waters who was a WR for almost all of training camp. So i'm sure he'll be promoted.
DanoMac wrote:
bullox wrote:That phone number was an asset to you. You had a direct line to the gm. You've squandered it.

I squandered an asset? Then Hammond taught me well.
thomchatt3rton
Head Coach
And1: 2,228

Post#26 » by thomchatt3rton » Mon Jan 2, 2017 5:42 am

FAH1223 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Odell Beckham is going to torch us next week

F*ck Odell Beckham and f*ck the Giants. We exorcise those demons next week.
thomchatt3rton
Head Coach
And1: 2,228

Post#27 » by thomchatt3rton » Mon Jan 2, 2017 5:44 am

MickeyDavis wrote:After 16 games I don't know what we could have held back, that would be brand new that the Giants haven't seen on tape. I guess MM or Capers could try something new but sticking with what worked to win 6 straight is good with me.

I'd be disappointed if they didn't have anything held back.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#28 » by Bernman » Mon Jan 2, 2017 5:44 am

I'd be fine if Matt Ryan got it because his team is pretty dependent upon him, his team had a better record, he put up pretty big #'s in his own right and for an extended stretch, unlike Aaron, I don't think he struggled.

Choices of Brady, Elliot, and Prescott would bother me. Brady didn't even play the first 4 games and his team were 3-1. And with the Cowboys all their offensive players make each other better. Their OL really should be MVP of the league, but of course it's not a unit award.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,365

Post#29 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Jan 2, 2017 5:50 am

4,400 yards, 40 TDs and only 7 INTs. For a QB on a 4-6 team to say "we're going to win the rest" and go 6-0 while having the best statistical stretch of his entire career and lead the league in touchdowns (let's not forget his rushing TDs too), should completely seal it. If Brady gets it, it's a joke. He missed 4 games and his team went 3-1 without him. Maybe you can make a case for Carr? But his numbers are nowhere near Rodgers'. Ryan is the only other player who has a legitimate argument, and even then it's flimsy (are we really gonna put that much value in one extra win?).
JEIS
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,142

Post#30 » by JEIS » Mon Jan 2, 2017 6:12 am

WiscoKing13 wrote:Only CB on the practice squad is herb waters who was a WR for almost all of training camp. So i'm sure he'll be promoted.

They should just put Geronimo out there on D.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,315

Post#31 » by trwi7 » Mon Jan 2, 2017 6:13 am

MickeyDavis wrote:After 16 games I don't know what we could have held back, that would be brand new that the Giants haven't seen on tape. I guess MM or Capers could try something new but sticking with what worked to win 6 straight is good with me.

Granted it was on offense but on that big 3rd and 1 we ran the read option which I've never seen us do.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Mags FTW
RealGM

Post#32 » by Mags FTW » Mon Jan 2, 2017 6:15 am

trwi7 wrote:

Granted it was on offense but on that big 3rd and 1 we ran the read option which I've never seen us do.

We did it on the 2 point conversion at Atlanta.
Asher
Starter
And1: 159

Post#33 » by Asher » Mon Jan 2, 2017 6:30 am

Elliott will likely get ROY, and no way he wins that AND MVP over Ryan or Rodgers. A sneaky play could give Elliott the MVP and Prescott the ROY, but that would be a shocker. Both Rodgers' and Ryan's stats crush Prescott's. Brady I agree played 75% of the season, and again, doesn't have the numbers next to the NFC guys--though only throwing two picks is pretty impressive.
neiLz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,475

Post#34 » by neiLz » Mon Jan 2, 2017 6:44 am

Rodgers is clearly the mvp. Take him off the packers and they are the browns. Take Brady off and the pats are still a playoff team. Only Ryan has a shot at mvp. But what Rodgers has do e the last 6 games proves he's the mvp.
XtremeDunkz
General Manager
And1: 6,760

Post#35 » by XtremeDunkz » Mon Jan 2, 2017 6:47 am

Casey Hayward led the league in picks. If only...
10/27/16
Nemesis21 wrote:It is absolutely hilarious hearing people still say Embiid has superstar potential.The guy is one injury away from being Greg Oden.:lol: Except Oden manged to play over 100 games in the NBA, I don't think Embiid will play more.
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,324

Post#36 » by El Duderino » Mon Jan 2, 2017 8:07 am

WiscoKing13 wrote:Cold game will help slow down OBJ and Sharpe, but it could get brutal if Rollins, Randall, & Dorleant are out. Rely on Hawkins who hasn't been active the last 4 weeks along with a street FA.

This will sound cold given his injury, but Rollins has been crap all season long. I'd rather see if Hawkins could play better and then hope at least one of Randall and/or Dorleant can be healthy enough to play.

Ron Wolf was so right when he stated that a team can't ever have to many good corners. Gotta add some in every draft in case of injury or some don't pan out. Ted needed to hit on Randall and Rollins, but so far the results with both aren't exactly inspiring, even when healthy.
Mags FTW
RealGM

Post#37 » by Mags FTW » Mon Jan 2, 2017 8:41 am

Gotta think Romo's cameo appearance today hurts Dak's MVP chances. Dude comes in for his first drive of the year and marches right down the field for a TD. Showed that they would proabably have the same record if any competent QB was back there.
jazzfanWA
Jazz Forum GTS Champion 2018-2019
And1: 362

Post#38 » by jazzfanWA » Mon Jan 2, 2017 3:33 pm

XtremeDunkz wrote:Casey Hayward led the league in picks. If only...

I wonder what the compensation pick will be for him?
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,657

Post#39 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Jan 2, 2017 3:39 pm

Brice has been kind of an unsung hero for them this season. He hasnt been perfect (was late on the almost tate td) but for an undrafted rookie hes played a ton of defensive snaps and for the most part held his own out there. Its been so useful being able to put him at safety and move burnett around.

Sent from my SM-G930V using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,213

Post#40 » by LUKE23 » Mon Jan 2, 2017 3:45 pm

Really worried about the secondary. I already was, but the injuries only heighten it. Rodgers is going to need to be unreal.

Return to Green Bay Packers