Looks like Raiders may move to Vegas 

Post#1 » by bleu » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:03 pm

Read on Twitter
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,759

Re: Looks like Raiders may move to Vegas 

Post#2 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:20 pm

I don't know how I feel about Raiders moving to Las Vegas, it's not the same as if the Raptors moved from Toronto or the Leafs.

Still sucks for Oakland though.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,413

Post#3 » by bwgood77 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:56 am

The positive thing is, I can make a Vegas trip when the Chargers visit.
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#4 » by Ballerhogger » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:06 am

Saw it coming. . Lot money being to be made. Lots of trouble to.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,272

Post#5 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:39 pm

I thought we already discussed and predicted this way back early in the season. Can't remember which thread it was on though.
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,146

Post#6 » by bleu » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:21 pm

Well, the Raiders have officially filed for relocation to Vegas. The only step left is a 2/3 approval vote by the owners. Translation: hello Sin City Raiders.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,433

Post#7 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:39 pm

The move wont be for another 2-3 years. Seems kind of odd to file now. If I was an Oakland fan, I'd boycott.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: RE: Re: Looks like Raiders may move to Vegas 

Post#8 » by bleu » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:31 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:The move wont be for another 2-3 years. Seems kind of odd to file now. If I was an Oakland fan, I'd boycott.

Why is that? I was under the impression that it could happen pretty immediately
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Re: RE: Re: Looks like Raiders may move to Vegas 

Post#9 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:39 pm

bleu wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:The move wont be for another 2-3 years. Seems kind of odd to file now. If I was an Oakland fan, I'd boycott.

They haven't even broken ground yet on the stadium. It was reported that the team would play in Oakland for the next 2 seasons. Wouldn't move til 2019.
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Looks like Raiders may move to Vegas 

Post#10 » by bleu » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:41 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bleu wrote:

They haven't even broken ground yet on the stadium. It was reported that the team would play in Oakland for the next 2 seasons. Wouldn't move til 2019.

Hmmm, gonna have to read into that. They haven't broken ground, but UNLV has a 35,000 seat stadium
Ballerhogger
RealGM

Post#11 » by Ballerhogger » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:43 pm

They need consider a curve for their players. Lots and lots of sin to be found in Las Vegas. If you know what I mean.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#12 » by FNQ » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:44 pm

Its not the Raiders' fault.. Oakland's mayor has delayed delayed delayed and seems intent on driving all teams from the area. They want a completely privately funded stadium for either the Raiders or A's. And since that won't ever happen, they keep drawing up these ridiculous fake proposals. One of which actually implied that the Raiders would take a giant loan out from the city of Oakland, and would pay an interest rate that would be based on their profits. It's just insane how they position themselves in public "oh, we're trying".

No, you're lying. Just say you dont want sports teams in Oakland. Lacob left instantly after dealing with the mayor for about 2 months. It took non-businessman Mark Davis 3 years to figure out how little Oakland wanted him there. The A's are next.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Looks like Raiders may move to Vegas 

Post#13 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:44 pm

bleu wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
bleu wrote:Why is that? I was under the impression that it could happen pretty immediately

Hmmm, gonna have to read into that. They haven't broken ground, but UNLV has a 35,000 seat stadium

Right. But, the team isnt going to move right away. They plan on staying in Oakland til the new one is complete. Which is why this announcement now is odd.
Ballerhogger
RealGM

Post#14 » by Ballerhogger » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:45 pm

If that's where they dead set I would do it as soon as possible. Also I will recommend not being near the Oakland stadium area when it official happens. Raiders fans can get crazy.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by FNQ » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:47 pm

Ballerhogger wrote:

If that's where they dead set I would do it as soon as possible. Also I will recommend not being near the Oakland stadium area when it official happens. Raiders fans can get crazy.

Of note: Fans were arrested more in Santa Clara, at a rate of 5:1, over Oakland

The whole thug fanbase thing is complete fabrication in Oakland. Now in LA, that was legitimate. Gangs would have Raiders jerseys with undershirts of their colors, and that was a huge deal. But somehow the rep transferred to Oakland.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#16 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:47 pm

FNQ wrote:

Its not the Raiders' fault.. Oakland's mayor has delayed delayed delayed and seems intent on driving all teams from the area. They want a completely privately funded stadium for either the Raiders or A's. And since that won't ever happen, they keep drawing up these ridiculous fake proposals. One of which actually implied that the Raiders would take a giant loan out from the city of Oakland, and would pay an interest rate that would be based on their profits. It's just insane how they position themselves in public "oh, we're trying".

No, you're lying. Just say you dont want sports teams in Oakland. Lacob left instantly after dealing with the mayor for about 2 months. It took non-businessman Mark Davis 3 years to figure out how little Oakland wanted him there. The A's are next.

I know. Seattle politicians are just as lame here. They keep delaying a new arena.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#17 » by FNQ » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:48 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
FNQ wrote:

I know. Seattle politicians are just as lame here. They keep delaying a new arena.

Thing is, I understand why. Most sports teams are a drain on the local economy. And Oakland is becoming a hipster haven.

But just friggin say it. Say you dont want the team. But this horrid mayor, Libby Schaff, keeps pandering to Raider fans like shes trying.. and a lot of Raider fans believe her, which is infuriating
Ballerhogger
RealGM

Post#18 » by Ballerhogger » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:48 pm

LAR can be their abbreviation on the scoreboard :lol:
Ballerhogger
RealGM

Post#19 » by Ballerhogger » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:53 pm

As far city paying for the stadium I think it's kinda ridiculous in 2017. Billionaires have the mone/connections to pay for one easily .
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#20 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:00 pm

FNQ wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
FNQ wrote:

Thing is, I understand why. Most sports teams are a drain on the local economy. And Oakland is becoming a hipster haven.

But just friggin say it. Say you dont want the team. But this horrid mayor, Libby Schaff, keeps pandering to Raider fans like shes trying.. and a lot of Raider fans believe her, which is infuriating

The same guy who tried to move the Kings, has offered to privately finance a new arena all by himself & yet the city of Seattle is still trying to duck out. The city has been dragging their feet for 5 plus years on this thing. It's been beyond frustrating for basketball/hockey fans. Seattle missed out on NHL expansion because of it. Maddening.

Return to The General NFL Board