Tomorrow's prediction: 3-1 Reds
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,592

Re: Official Liverpool FC Thread 

Post#642 » by Baphomet » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:17 pm

I'm predicting a pool win too. I think the pressing and team shape will give City fits, not a good match up for them.

I've been wrong many times before though!
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,633

Post#643 » by danfantastk32 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:10 pm

Well, I thought this would be the season for us. We've been ok the last 2-3 games....but we were going through a rough patch there late Nov - early Dec.

To be 9 points behind Chelsea would have prob dashed any hope of a title. Pretty amazed we won, honestly....and by grinding out a defensive win at that. They continue to impress me.

Still plenty of season left. Still need to beat Chelsea coming up soon. Let's see how we come out of it here in the next week or 2. A flurry of games. I think a title is prob high-hopes for this team....but the longer we're in title contention, the better our chances of Euro-contention will be.

Hope everyone had good holidays....and enjoy the new-year! We got a good win today. We're on the right track...no doubt.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#644 » by danfantastk32 » Sun Jan 1, 2017 7:57 pm

This is on Liverpool's official site (well....it's liverpoolfc.com...I assume that's their site):

"Joe Hart is not a target for Liverpool in this transfer window or the next, according to Sky sources.
The 29-year-old has won two Premier League titles with Manchester City but lost his place as first-choice goalkeeper following the arrival of Pep Guardiola."

Not sure how I feel about that. We certainly could use a solid top-notch goalie. He is 29...there's still a few years worth in him, I'm sure. But how many? I don't really know what he's like, teammate wise. Give us a great goalie, and a couple solid defenders though, and I see no reason why we can't compete for a title.

Last thought: skip the damn Carling-Cup match, and prepare for the ManUre game like 4 days later. Carling cup - shmarling cup.....I dont wanna waste our time with that.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,399

Post#645 » by Cactus Jack » Sun Jan 1, 2017 10:16 pm

danfantastk32 wrote:This is on Liverpool's official site (well....it's liverpoolfc.com...I assume that's their site):

"Joe Hart is not a target for Liverpool in this transfer window or the next, according to Sky sources.
The 29-year-old has won two Premier League titles with Manchester City but lost his place as first-choice goalkeeper following the arrival of Pep Guardiola."

Not sure how I feel about that. We certainly could use a solid top-notch goalie. He is 29...there's still a few years worth in him, I'm sure. But how many? I don't really know what he's like, teammate wise. Give us a great goalie, and a couple solid defenders though, and I see no reason why we can't compete for a title.

Last thought: skip the damn Carling-Cup match, and prepare for the ManUre game like 4 days later. Carling cup - shmarling cup.....I dont wanna waste our time with that.

Rumor was Klopp wanted Kasper Schmeichel in his place.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#646 » by danfantastk32 » Sun Jan 1, 2017 10:26 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:Rumor was Klopp wanted Kasper Schmeichel in his place. Not sure how realistic that was. Looks like Mignolet is the guy going forward. Would be nice to pick up another CB. There was a rumor earlier this week about Zaha coming in to replace Mane but he's off to the AFCON too. It's going to be a really difficult month with so many games coming up. Hopefully, we can keep pace with Chelsea.

I would like us to keep looking for a keeper. I cross my fingers that the "Karius scare" got Mignolet to buckle down and work twice as hard. He clearly isn't good enough in Klopps eyes...and so he knows he needs to do better. If he improves, fine. But if not, we need to find better.

Yes...Chelsea are up 6, and we play them soon (remember they were having that "disaster start"!??!....whatever happened to that?!) Beating MC was great....and it would be awesome to beat MU as well. We have a Prem game....a FA cup game, then that Carling cup game followed by ManUre in the Prem. The FA game is about 6-7 days from MU, with the Carling game smack dab in the middle. Send all the backups to that game...screw it.

Our chances are slim....but we're still in this! And beating teams like MU will go a long way in securing Europe. We're only like 5 points from dropping to 7th or something....it's really tight up there at the top. We still dont have Coutinho back, and we're about to lose Mane. We need to FOCUS our players on games that actually matter. Let the bench play most of the FA game, and all the Carling game. Give the starters a 10 day break.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#647 » by danfantastk32 » Mon Jan 2, 2017 5:13 pm

Well never mind then. Whatever that game was the other day....it doesn't really matter. We can't even take care of easy opponents, so just forget it. Way to take that Man-City win, and just flush it down the sh***ter before it even got cold. Nice work.

God this team frustrates the everloving sh** out of me.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#648 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Jan 4, 2017 9:54 pm

danfantastk32 wrote:Well never mind then. Whatever that game was the other day....it doesn't really matter. We can't even take care of easy opponents, so just forget it. Way to take that Man-City win, and just flush it down the sh***ter before it even got cold. Nice work.

Silver lining, A Chelsea loss
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#649 » by danfantastk32 » Sun Jan 8, 2017 8:40 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
danfantastk32 wrote:Well never mind then. Whatever that game was the other day....it doesn't really matter. We can't even take care of easy opponents, so just forget it. Way to take that Man-City win, and just flush it down the sh***ter before it even got cold. Nice work.

Silver lining, A Chelsea loss

True that. Boy we needed it.

Hey...don't get me wrong. This has been a great season for us. We look so much better, and this team is the most fun to watch that I've seen in years. But I smell blood in the water, and I wanna see us take it. If we don't hoist big-ears...so be it. But jeez, let's at least handle business.

But your right Cactus....we tied...they lost. Point gained. Take em' where you can get em.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#650 » by danfantastk32 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:09 am

Win today. Swansea in 3 days....they really pack em' in this time of year.

So listen to our next 8 or so Prem games: Swansea, Chelsea, Hull, Tottenham, Leicester, Arsenal, Burnley, Man-City, Everton.

That's a big-a$$ block o' ugly right there. I dunno....I'm curious to see if we're even in the hunt after that. We're gonna have to regain some of that early-season form...that's for sure. The Good news: Home to Chel$ea...home to Arsenal...home to Tottenham, home to Everton. Hurry back Mane!!! We got Coutinho back, and we need you to be a complete squad.

Question: No Sturridge against ManUre, with Coutinho a sub, and Mane off-duty??? I GOTTA think Klopp is refusing to play him. I mean...right? Wouldn't you, if you were Sturridge? I find this all confusing. Does anyone know anything?
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#651 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:49 am

danfantastk32 wrote:Win today. Swansea in 3 days....they really pack em' in this time of year.

So listen to our next 8 or so Prem games: Swansea, Chelsea, Hull, Tottenham, Leicester, Arsenal, Burnley, Man-City, Everton.

That's a big-a$$ block o' ugly right there. I dunno....I'm curious to see if we're even in the hunt after that. We're gonna have to regain some of that early-season form...that's for sure. The Good news: Home to Chel$ea...home to Arsenal...home to Tottenham, home to Everton. Hurry back Mane!!! We got Coutinho back, and we need you to be a complete squad.

Question: No Sturridge against ManUre, with Coutinho a sub, and Mane off-duty??? I GOTTA think Klopp is refusing to play him. I mean...right? Wouldn't you, if you were Sturridge? I find this all confusing. Does anyone know anything?

He started today.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#652 » by danfantastk32 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:13 am

Cactus Jack wrote:He started today. Klopp prefers him coming in as a sub later. Which makes sense. It's not like he has the best reputation of playing big minutes & staying fit at the same time. I think he's approached it the right way. The guy just hasn't stayed healthy. So might as well try to limit his minutes & keep him fresh.

Well thats good he played today. Yeah....he's oft-injured. But not seeing him at Man-U was pretty surprising. I figured that was the final straw. Not sure how Sturridge feels in all this....but it's Klopps team.

It's good to hear he's alive at least!
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#653 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:48 am

danfantastk32 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:He started today. Klopp prefers him coming in as a sub later. Which makes sense. It's not like he has the best reputation of playing big minutes & staying fit at the same time. I think he's approached it the right way. The guy just hasn't stayed healthy. So might as well try to limit his minutes & keep him fresh.

Well thats good he played today. Yeah....he's oft-injured. But not seeing him at Man-U was pretty surprising. I figured that was the final straw. Not sure how Sturridge feels in all this....but it's Klopps team.

It's good to hear he's alive at least!

Hey, Congrats on the Packers run so far! Rodgers is amazing.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#654 » by danfantastk32 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:41 am

Thanks. Yeah...that was quite a game against Dallas! Aaron got all hot at the right time.

Still gotta be Atlanta next. They are no joke either. In Atl. We'll see what happens.

I bet it felt good to rip the Cavs a new one last week. God, I hope the warriors win it this year. I'm kinda sick of Lebron. Guy's a great basketball player....but I'm sick of him.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#655 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:46 am

danfantastk32 wrote:Thanks. Yeah...that was quite a game against Dallas! Aaron got all hot at the right time.

Still gotta be Atlanta next. They are no joke either. In Atl. We'll see what happens.

I bet it felt good to rip the Cavs a new one last week. God, I hope the warriors win it this year. I'm kinda sick of Lebron. Guy's a great basketball player....but I'm sick of him.

I really really hate Dallas, so I was rooting hard for them to pull it off.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#656 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:49 am

The Seattle curse has been lifted! :wink:
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#657 » by danfantastk32 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:51 am

Cactus Jack wrote:It's KD's time! :D

That's right! Jeez....with everything that's gone on the last few months, I had actually forgot KD had joined this season....didn't have a ring yet, and everything. Boy....what a strange year 2016 was.

Yeah....I really hope he has a good post-season. It would be great for him to dominate....take the wind out of the inevitable "well of course he won....he cherry-picked his title-winning team!" BS.

The west seems pretty weak this year. For once, GS might get lots and lots of rest...while the eastern team comes in all beat-up and worn down.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#658 » by danfantastk32 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:52 am

If KD brings it this post-season...I just don't see how they lose.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#659 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:59 am

It's on to Swansea...
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#660 » by HIF » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:01 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:It's on to Swansea...

and with losses like that you can forget the title. Aim for CL.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:

Return to The General Soccer Board