ImageImage

2017 Fantasy Baseball

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

Viva La Grinch
Sophomore
And1: 1

2017 Fantasy Baseball 

Post#1 » by Viva La Grinch » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:04 pm

We have a salary dynasty league that has been going on for over ten years that needs some new owners. Old age and family has taken away some of our owners, so we are down to 8 owners in a twelve team league. The cost of the league is $50 with 100% payback to the top three teams in the league and the season wins leader. This is a standard 5x5 scoring format with a minor league roster option. Lots of Brewer fans in the league.

Our idea for new owners is to have an expansion draft with the following rules:
Existing owners can submit a full set of keepers for this year. ( this is limited to a set dollar and at most existing teams can keep 8 players from last year)
Any new owners can pluck any remaining players left over from each teams roster from last year. If they decide to take any players, they would be at the salary levels from last years roster plus the salary increase due for 2017. Also new owners are free to take any players from the teams not returning and any free agents from last year.

This is a very active league with great owners. We are hoping to fill these slots quickly, and any new owners would have to pay dues before a team slot is reserved. The expansion draft section pick order will be determined by the first teams paying dues for this year. Hope to hear from a new crop of owners soon, and you can email me at tsatorius@yahoo.com for quick responses!!
wichmae
RealGM
And1: 1,031

Re: 2017 Fantasy Baseball 

Post#2 » by wichmae » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:23 am

I really want to join this but with my job, a new baby, and my current league I just dont think I will have the time. If you hit a dead end every where else you turn let me know.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,169
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#3 » by Kerb Hohl » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:36 pm

I emailed you.
Viva La Grinch
Sophomore
And1: 1

Post#4 » by Viva La Grinch » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:07 pm

Here is a little more information to those that are interested. We have a copy of our rules that I can provide, but we are trying to make them a bit less complicated before the season starts. Also....since when does a job and a baby come before fantasy?? The only reason I have a job is so that I get paid while I check my fantasy stats.

The expansion auction would be in a few weeks, with the regular auction scheduled for later next month. I have given existing owners a couple of weeks to get their keeper list in to me, with the remaining players all eligible for the expansion draft. All teams have a cap of $270, and existing owners can only keep players with salaries totaling less than $125 and no more than eight players total, not including a maximum of five minor league players. So plenty of good players will remain, and I can provide rosters once keepers start rolling in.

Return to Milwaukee Brewers