Is Nikola Jokic a franchise level talent?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,570

Re: Is Nikola Jokic a franchise level talent? 

Post#861 » by UcanUwill » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:41 am

I am putting some cash on Serbia this summer. Teodosic and Jokic on the same team, deadly.
blazeyo
Sixth Man
And1: 1,864

Post#862 » by blazeyo » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:49 am

Jokic can't even dunk.. not impressed.

Top 8 player in the league for me, sue me.
Ritzo
Sixth Man
And1: 2,238

Post#863 » by Ritzo » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:50 am

OT: Do you think trading for Ibaka would be good for Denver? I just think he fits perfectly with Jokic in the frontcourt with his rim protection. Trade players like Galo, Mudiay or Plumlee. I love Galo but Juancho looks like a stud, he needs to play more minutes.
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,692

Post#864 » by Pachinko_ » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:59 am

Ritzo wrote:OT: Do you think trading for Ibaka would be good for Denver? I just think he fits perfectly with Jokic in the frontcourt with his rim protection. Trade players like Galo, Mudiay or Plumlee. I love Galo but Juancho looks like a stud, he needs to play more minutes.

Nah, Jokic doesnt need rim protection, he's fine. He's best with fast players who cut a lot and catch his water polo passes. Constant movement and shooting exactly like they did last night.

If you put a large "rim protector" type next to him, he's only gonna be in his way.
hickfromfrenchlick
General Manager
And1: 9,125

Post#865 » by hickfromfrenchlick » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:09 pm

Jokic is on a mission to make sure everyone who doubted him in this thread has to say, "My bad."

17-21-12. Who does that?
GlenRiceARoni
Sixth Man
And1: 793

Post#866 » by GlenRiceARoni » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:17 pm

Jokic can't be good tho some guy has never heard of him

-----------------------------------------------------------------------Hinkie has created a monster that will awaken in 2018 precisely 200 years after Mary Shelley published Frankenstein in 1818 A.D.
I don't think for a second this is coincidental as Hinkie is well educated and a fan of Classic British Lit
r0drig0lac
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,268

Post#867 » by r0drig0lac » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:12 pm

RLPH wrote:I would love to have Jokic on my team but he is this hot name in NBA that might get exposed when the defenses prepare for him next year. So far so good, solid drafting Denver!

as? Your basketball qi looks way above the other players on the court always ... remember larry bird .. no matter, it will adjust
ORL
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 64

Post#868 » by ORL » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:13 pm

UcanUwill wrote:I am putting some cash on Serbia this summer. Teodosic and Jokic on the same team, deadly.

Read on a Serbian portal a couple of days ago that Denver could be in play for Teodosic this summer (alongside Jazz and Spurs).
nomansland
Head Coach
And1: 4,567

Post#869 » by nomansland » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:16 pm

Ritzo wrote:OT: Do you think trading for Ibaka would be good for Denver? I just think he fits perfectly with Jokic in the frontcourt with his rim protection. Trade players like Galo, Mudiay or Plumlee. I love Galo but Juancho looks like a stud, he needs to play more minutes.

Trading for him? No.

Going after him in the offseason? Sure.

The problem is that retaining or signing Ibaka is a longshot so there's no reason to give up a lot going after him.
spacemonkey
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,661

Post#870 » by spacemonkey » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:33 pm

GlenRiceARoni wrote:Jokic can't be good tho some guy has never heard of him

-----------------------------------------------------------------------Hinkie has created a monster that will awaken in 2018 precisely 200 years after Mary Shelley published Frankenstein in 1818 A.D.
I don't think for a second this is coincidental as Hinkie is well educated and a fan of Classic British Lit

Look if Jokic was good the guy would have heard of him because he's a huge NBA fan. Quod erat demonstrandum.
lars_rosenberg
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,741

Post#871 » by lars_rosenberg » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:37 pm

I was wondering how many players (not centers) in the NBA are better passers than Jokic.
I think one hand is enough to count them.
GlenRiceARoni
Sixth Man

Re: RE: Re: Is Nikola Jokic a franchise level talent? 

Post#872 » by GlenRiceARoni » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:42 pm

lars_rosenberg wrote:I was wondering how many players (not centers) in the NBA are better passers than Jokic.

Heck let's go back in the annals.

I got Stockton, Nash, Kidd, Paul and Magic easily ahead of him.

Lebron probably although his athleticism really has a lot to do with his ability to pass.

Wall can be pretty incredible.

After that he starts becoming arguable i think.

lars_rosenberg
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,741

Post#873 » by lars_rosenberg » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:50 pm

GlenRiceARoni wrote:
lars_rosenberg wrote:I was wondering how many players (not centers) in the NBA are better passers than Jokic.

Lebron probably although his athleticism really has a lot to do with his ability to pass.

I mean right now in the NBA. If you go back in time of course there's a lot more people.
I agree on Chris Paul, LeBron I think is close. Not sure about Wall, Rubio.
Harden and Westbrook have great number but I think it's more a consequence of their offensive gravity that creates double teams and open men. They are very good passers of course, but I don't see them being as creative as the other guys mentioned above.
GlenRiceARoni
Sixth Man

Post#874 » by GlenRiceARoni » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:54 pm

I was wondering how many players (not centers) in the NBA are better passers than Jokic.

His pure passing ability is uncanny. The placement, ball spin, vision etc is as good as it gets.

Nash, paul, kidd, wall, etc use their ball handling, athleticism, etc to create angles. Jokic doesnt really need any of that. He acts like its a freaking cue ball in pool.

Its similar to saying Klay might be the best pure shooter that ever lived, but he cant create his own shot the way Curry can.

If jokic athleticism and ballhandling improve hes a guy who easily could average ~8 assists.

Heck i dont think 10 is completely out of the question (id bet on that at like 40:1 odds at least)

Jadoogar
RealGM
And1: 14,655

Post#875 » by Jadoogar » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:55 pm

Jokic's play (and the Raptors general suckage) has me on the Denver bandwagon. Hope they hold on to the 8th seed, would be awesome to see all these guys in the playoffs
cjx
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,480

Post#876 » by cjx » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:03 pm

Jokic obliterated KP and then he obliterated Durant and Curry, slapped them around like the silly wimps they are, who's next on the hit list? Jokic will be the 2017 NBA Finals MVP, Nuggets win it all this year, you know it's true, you know what time it is, stop the hating, NJ no. 1, case closed!
Take a couple of minutes and check out this comic book, my friends: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/574101710/the-assemblage-issue-1a-courage-and-no-more-crises
Warriors07
Rookie
And1: 750

Post#877 » by Warriors07 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:30 pm

Jokic too OP, we all witnessing it.
/thread
Porz
Junior
And1: 276

Post#878 » by Porz » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:37 pm

cjx wrote:Jokic obliterated KP and then he obliterated Durant and Curry, slapped them around like the silly wimps they are, who's next on the hit list? Jokic will be the 2017 NBA Finals MVP, Nuggets win it all this year, you know it's true, you know what time it is, stop the hating, NJ no. 1, case closed!

:banghead: feeling like i'm reading youtube comments. Can't you ban these trolls anyone, let them bash somewhere else. They have nothing to do with understanding or respecting the game. They would be the guys who will be sent to the d league, to grow up.
Luka Doncic life matters too. No to racism!
Else_where
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,510

Post#879 » by Else_where » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:48 pm

this kid is an all star next year!
Manimal
Starter
And1: 1,468

Post#880 » by Manimal » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:03 pm

I still remember the moment he was drafted. The excitement as his name was announced, seeing him up there on the stage, shaking Silver's hand...

Return to The General Board