Best upcoming team. Twolves or Nuggets [Poll added]

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Who is the best upcoming team between these two?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 4, 2017 4:59 pm

Wolves
62%
Nuggets
38%

Total votes: 95

mcmurphy
Starter
And1: 1,874

Re: Best upcoming team. Twolves or Nuggets 

Post#261 » by mcmurphy » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:59 am

I say that Denver did a miracle to finish GSW and T-wolves games 1-1 without SF/PF starters and main bench rotations (Gallo-Chandler-Faried-DA).
I hope that after ASG all the injured players return.
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,904

Post#262 » by FlatearthZorro » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:21 am

I'd say Denver has more veterans and thus is better(guys like Farried, Gallinari, Chandler ,Jameer). Twolves definitely have more potential. I mean Wiggins/Towns/Muhammad(the guy who tore his ACL)..
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#263 » by Basti » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:11 am

Boston34Bg wrote:I'd say Denver has more veterans and thus is better(guys like Farried, Gallinari, Chandler ,Jameer). Twolves definitely have more potential. I mean Wiggins/Towns/Muhammad(the guy who tore his ACL)..

Zach Lavine you mean, no? Bazz is healthy as ever and has been a beast off the bench in recent weeks.
Johnlac1
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,605

Post#264 » by Johnlac1 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:09 pm

I know many people here have been making a lot of noise for Jokic in the last month, but I'd still probably take KAT or Porzingis over him based on def. observations. KAT and Porzingis are by no means excellent def. centers, but they do have more potential in that area. They can block shots and intimidate. Watching Jokic's def. play on LP he has a long way to go to be a good def. center. I'm sure he can improve, but right now he's not much better than Zaza.
Rubio9Guy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,318

Post#265 » by Rubio9Guy » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:14 pm

Porzingis is an excellent defender. KAT isn't at this point

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 using RealGM mobile app
BucksPackers
Analyst
And1: 599

Post#266 » by BucksPackers » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:17 pm

Johnlac1 wrote:I know many people here have been making a lot of noise for Jokic in the last month, but I'd still probably take KAT or Porzingis over him based on def. observations. KAT and Porzingis are by no means an excellent def. centers, but they do have more potential in that area. They can block shots and intimidate. Watching Jokic's def. play on LP he has a long way to go to be a good def. center. I'm sure he can improve, but right now he's not much better than Zaza.

Wish I could plus 1 this a million times! People need to get off this nuggets band wagon. They are a team filled with mediocre players and 1 potential all-star. I would think the T-wolves are in a better position just because of the youth they have. I would also take the 76ers over denver and if Parker didn't get hurt the Bucks over Denver. Even with Parker hurt the bucks have just as much if not more potential than the nuggets.

The teams that most people are missing are the Jazz and Celtics. If they can keep hayward and Gobert keeps improving they will be a top team in the future. The reason the Celtics are upcoming are because they won't win a championship this season or next but they have 2 more firsts from Brooklyn the next 2 seasons. And most likely both those picks will be top 3!
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#267 » by Prokorov » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:02 am

wolves, jazz, nuggets, sixers
Rubio9Guy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,318

Re: RE: Re: Best upcoming team. Twolves or Nuggets 

Post#268 » by Rubio9Guy » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:53 am

Prokorov wrote:wolves, jazz, nuggets, sixers

I think this is correct. Jazz could leap frog if they're able to consolidate say Favors and Hood for Butler or George

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 using RealGM mobile app
Quentin
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,204

Post#269 » by Quentin » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:15 am

Sir Psycho Sexy wrote:
Metin91 wrote:
thinktank wrote:Jokic was 6 for 19. Towns was 8 for 19, had his best rebounding night of the season (19 boards) and had best +/- on court.

I saw a very frustrated Jokic get a T for elbowing Towns.

Not sure what game you were watching.

Don't bother the guys from serbia, clear fanboy. Jokic got his a$$ handed too him today.

By whom? Wiggins's dunk was the only time when he got owned and he got owned big time there. Jokic played the same game he is playing the whole year he just couldn't hit anything and got really frustrated. He missed at least 5 layups and still finished with 15/14/4 with 4 blocks and he was the only guy in + from Denver alongside Johnny O'Bryant who played 5 minutes.

KAT had better game no question but Jokic played mainly against Dieng, when he played against KAT he would came out as a winner. I'll download the game tomorrow and post gif of every Jokic vs KAT play if you want
Metin91 wrote:Towns averages for the season against Denver
26 pts 14 rebs and 5 assists.

Jokic season averages against the Wolves
14 pts, 8 rebounds and 6 assists.

Whose better head too head?

You can't compare like that when they play against each other 30% of the game. Curry had an awful game against Denver 2 days ago but I can't say that Jokic is better h2h cause he had triple double (a little overblown example but point stands)

It's tomorrow.

Here's something for you.

29 seconds
39 seconds
1:20
1:33
1:56

:lol:

I hang out here and mnrubecentral
Sir Psycho Sexy
Senior
And1: 502

Post#270 » by Sir Psycho Sexy » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:31 am

Figured out it's way too much work to make a gif of every play they were against each other :lol: Use google, it's very easy to find that game online. Don't think I'm allowed to post links.
1Q:
6:02 left: Jokic blocks Towns under the basket
3:54 left: Towns putback over Jokic
3:16 left: Towns hits a 3 over Jokic
3:01 left: Jokic misses wide open 3
2:54 left: Jokic blocks or makes Towns airball from 2ft
2Q:
5:17 left: Jokic misses another wide open 3
3:42 left: Jokic makes a 3 over Towns
3:23 left: Towns misses heavily contested 3ft jumper
2:28 left: Towns fouls Jokic for 2 FTs (1 made)
1:57 left: Towns gets offensive rebound over Jokic then misses
1:11 left: Jokic misses layup then makes a hard foul on Towns
3Q:
11:42 left: Towns scores over Jokic under the basket
9:45 left: Jokic misses a hook shot
6:40 left: Jokic misses open layup after outpowering Towns, gets a rebound, misses another layup without contest
4:07 left: Jokic fouls Towns, he makes 2
4Q:
8:09 left: Towns misses fade away
7:35 left: Jokic blocks Towns under the basket
6:30 left: Towns drives and scores
6:15 left: Jokic misses hook shot
5:18 left: Jokic hits a 3
4:06 left: Jokic scores 2, goaltending on Towns
2:00 left: Jokic drops the simple pass, Towns picks it up
1:30 left: Jokic gets a T
0:30 left: Jokic almost broke Towns's hands and he hits 2 FTs

So all in all:
Jokic 9 points, on 3/10 with 1/6 for 2 and 2/4 for 3, 1/1 for 1 and 2 or 3 blocks and 1 TO.
Towns 13 points on 4/10 with 3/9 for 2, 1/1 for 3, 4/4 for 1 and a steal.

My impression was that Jokic was better in 1 on 1 situations and I wasn't right, probably cause of those blocks but I'm still right that Towns didn't own him and that he didn't outscore Towns just because he missed so many open layups which has nothing to do with the defense.
thinktank
Analyst
And1: 1,714

Post#271 » by thinktank » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:43 pm

It's not good to miss open layups.

Jokic only averaging 16 a game or so and he's the best player on their team.

I need to see a lot more from Jokic to put him in conversation with KAT.
"a poor addition to the board"
Manimal
Starter
And1: 1,524

Post#272 » by Manimal » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:10 pm

thinktank wrote:It's not good to miss open layups.

Jokic only averaging 16 a game or so and he's the best player on their team.

I need to see a lot more from Jokic to put him in conversation with KAT.

It's hard to look at Jokic's numbers in a vacuum like that, considering Malone was vastly misusing him for the first 25 or so games of the season. Once he was actually made the 30+ mpg starter and Nurkic was benched, his stats look much different. Along with the Nuggets success as a team.

In that time he's averaging more like 22/11/5.5/1/1 and shooting something like 60/40/85 for percentages. Of course that sample size is still pretty small, but at least it's not him playing 20 mpg and extrapolating the numbers out to per36 or whatever. Those are numbers he's actually put up in real games. And most importantly, it's led to wins. Which is another (albeit slight) advantage he has on KAT right now...more team success (despite less overall talent).
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,153

Post#273 » by cpower » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:21 pm

I have to go with Nuggets...because Jokic is the best player among young stars. KAT is the only star in wolves and Wiggins is extremely overrated.
Avihs7
Junior
And1: 167

Post#274 » by Avihs7 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:27 pm

cpower wrote:I have to go with Nuggets...because Jokic is the best player among young stars. KAT is the only star in wolves and Wiggins is extremely overrated.

And how is this 21 yr old overrated if anything he's underrated
cpower
RealGM

Post#275 » by cpower » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:33 pm

Avihs7 wrote:
cpower wrote:I have to go with Nuggets...because Jokic is the best player among young stars. KAT is the only star in wolves and Wiggins is extremely overrated.

He is overrated for a 23 PPG scorer whom literally has no impact on team winning. Usually a star player improves a lot in his 3rd year but I have yet to see that progression in him(bad BPM and RPM numbers). Wiggins is on a path to become the next Rudy Gay.
mcmurphy
Starter
And1: 1,874

Post#276 » by mcmurphy » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:57 pm

thinktank wrote:It's not good to miss open layups.

It's one game.

Towns should improve long to have the same precision of Jokic.
:wink:

Avihs7
Junior
And1: 167

Post#277 » by Avihs7 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:08 pm

cpower wrote:
Avihs7 wrote:

He is overrated for a 23 PPG scorer whom literally has no impact on team winning. Usually a star player improves a lot in his 3rd year but I have yet to see that progression in him(bad BPM and RPM numbers). Wiggins is on a path to become the next Rudy Gay.

Well considering hes not gonna hit his prime for 5 years I'm willing to bet by that time the t wolves will be a playoff team and he's gonna be a big reason why. I don't see why the hate for wiggens. Just like Philadelphia fans say trust the process. Wiggens WILL be a superstar in the near future same goes for kat.
cpower
RealGM

Post#278 » by cpower » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:15 pm

Avihs7 wrote:
cpower wrote:
Avihs7 wrote:And how is this 21 yr old overrated if anything he's underrated

Well considering hes not gonna hit his prime for 5 years I'm willing to bet by that time the t wolves will be a playoff team and he's gonna be a big reason why. I don't see why the hate for wiggens. Just like Philadelphia fans say trust the process. Wiggens WILL be a superstar in the near future same goes for kat.

if Wiggens WILL be a superstar, which previous superstar had the similar skillsets as him?
SkyHookFTW
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,097

Re: Best upcoming team. Twolves or Nuggets [Poll added] 

Post#279 » by SkyHookFTW » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:12 pm

Between the Wolves and Nuggets, I took the Nuggets. Wolves to me should be better than what they are with that talent. Among all the young teams it depends on the health of Embiid. To me, Embiid is the only young big who has shown the ability to be all-star level impactful on both ends, with a few parts of his game having elite potential. He has barely played the game compared to others; that hints to me that his ceiling is much higher than the rest.
"It's scarier than Charles Barkley at an all you can eat buffet." --Shaq on Shark Week
"My secret to getting rebounds? It's called go get the damn ball." --Charles Barkley
Nuggets_Talk
Head Coach
And1: 2,296

Post#280 » by Nuggets_Talk » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:26 pm

BucksPackers wrote:
Johnlac1 wrote:I know many people here have been making a lot of noise for Jokic in the last month, but I'd still probably take KAT or Porzingis over him based on def. observations. KAT and Porzingis are by no means an excellent def. centers, but they do have more potential in that area. They can block shots and intimidate. Watching Jokic's def. play on LP he has a long way to go to be a good def. center. I'm sure he can improve, but right now he's not much better than Zaza.

Wish I could plus 1 this a million times! People need to get off this nuggets band wagon. They are a team filled with mediocre players and 1 potential all-star. I would think the T-wolves are in a better position just because of the youth they have. I would also take the 76ers over denver and if Parker didn't get hurt the Bucks over Denver. Even with Parker hurt the bucks have just as much if not more potential than the nuggets.

The teams that most people are missing are the Jazz and Celtics. If they can keep hayward and Gobert keeps improving they will be a top team in the future. The reason the Celtics are upcoming are because they won't win a championship this season or next but they have 2 more firsts from Brooklyn the next 2 seasons. And most likely both those picks will be top 3!

Every time buckspackers cries, I smile a little bit more

Return to The General Board