Has Lebron caught Michael Jeffrey Jordan

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

PeptoKlepto
Senior
And1: 702

Re: Has Lebron caught Michael Jeffrey Jordan 

Post#221 » by PeptoKlepto » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:01 pm

11 pages in and I'm still wondering why you decided to include his middle name in the title. :-?
MC3
RealGM
And1: 7,747

Post#222 » by MC3 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:07 pm

never will. it's like that cartoon road runner and the coyote. he can try, sure
Wraps_fan
Analyst
And1: 5,735

Post#223 » by Wraps_fan » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:14 pm

Nah, but he's getting close.

MJ is just so historic, I'm not sure anyone will ever pass him as the GOAT, even if they might have a better career in theory.

If James can win the title this year, and add another 2 or 3 in his last 6 or 7 years, while continuing to be this dominant, a legit case can be made
Hero
RealGM
And1: 53,363

Post#224 » by Hero » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:17 pm

jwpark23 wrote:
Hero wrote:When LeBron is finished he will be the GOAT. No doubt about it.

Never had a hall of fame coach like Phil nor the crazy talented cast with hall of famers like Pippen and Rodman.

lmao. Phil and Pippen were nobodies until they met MJ. MJ developed Pippen and even Pippen would acknowledge. You can hate MJ all you want for whatever reason but at least do some research before posting stupid stuff and making yourself look dumb af lol. BTW, Pippen was great as a sidekick but don't act like he was MJ's savior lol. Rodman was great at rebounding with literally ZERO offensive presence dummy.

LeBron had to do it himself to a much larger degree than Jordan had to.
Look at LeBron's finals numbers, Jordan's doesn't even compare for most years.

A lot of it comes down to fortune, and Jordan was much more fortunate than LeBron.
James40
Veteran
And1: 1,048

Post#225 » by James40 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:40 pm

Hero wrote:
jwpark23 wrote:

Never had a hall of fame coach like Phil nor the crazy talented cast with hall of famers like Pippen and Rodman.

lmao. Phil and Pippen were nobodies until they met MJ. MJ developed Pippen and even Pippen would acknowledge. You can hate MJ all you want for whatever reason but at least do some research before posting stupid stuff and making yourself look dumb af lol. BTW, Pippen was great as a sidekick but don't act like he was MJ's savior lol. Rodman was great at rebounding with literally ZERO offensive presence dummy.

A lot of it comes down to fortune, and Jordan was much more fortunate than LeBron.

Except for the era's in which they played and Lebron is probably more athletically gifted, natural born talent vs extremely hard work and talent is what Lebron vs Jordan boils down to.

Everyone knew Lebron was going to be great, nobody, not even his college coach saw Jordan becoming the greatest ever.

Lebron is gifted like Wilt was, athletically head and shoulders above everyone. Jordan was a great athlete no doubt, but guys like Lebron and Wilt are off the charts for their size and abilities. Plus Jordan had a chip on his shoulder larger than a house, dude is a straight up asswipe and it's why he was able to be better than everyone else, like Kobe, but even Kobe isn't an ass like Jordan was/is.
PeptoKlepto
Senior
And1: 702

Post#226 » by PeptoKlepto » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:50 pm

MC3 wrote:never will. it's like that cartoon road runner and the coyote. he can try, sure

I'll you what, he plays like he did in the last finals and he beats us, he's the GOAT.
bearjew289
Sophomore
And1: 240

Post#227 » by bearjew289 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:42 pm

Has anyone brought up the fact that Jordan faced significantly worse competition in the finals than Lebron and mostly with stronger supporting casts?
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,134

Post#228 » by Froob » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:44 pm

sanitylaker wrote:Losing 4 finals with 2 massive choking jobs in the Finals? Nah

2011 was obviously one, but what was the other massive choke job? 2007 he was severely over matched, 2014 he roasted the Spurs and his teammates sucked, 2015 his second best player was Dellavedova.

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
RIP Kobe
Analyst
And1: 4,505

Post#229 » by RIP Kobe » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:59 pm

he couldn't win without stacking his team, pushing management to sign players he wanted, etc. he's a modern day bully, and let's not forget when he tried to twist phil's words into being 'racist'.

so no. i look forward to him retiring so i don't have to see his antics. one of the softest players the NBA has seen.

TheGOATRises007
RealGM
And1: 18,395

Post#230 » by TheGOATRises007 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:15 pm

bearjew289 wrote:Has anyone brought up the fact that Jordan faced significantly worse competition in the finals than Lebron and mostly with stronger supporting casts?

And Lebron has faced significantly worse teams in the East. It can go both ways.

Stronger supporting cast is arguable.
nurseryc
Analyst
And1: 1,236

Post#231 » by nurseryc » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:27 pm

When Lebron made 'The Decision' and left his team to link up with arguably the worlds second best player along with Bosh who was top 10, just so he could ever win a title, for me that was the end of James ever being talked about in GOAT conversation. Then once that team was aging and done, he did it again with the Cavs. He's never been good enough to be on a team and simply make the players around him good enough from the get go to win a title. His method is to move from team to team buying the worlds best talent, to win a championship.
soxfan2003
RealGM
And1: 4,178

Post#232 » by soxfan2003 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:33 pm

RingsDontLie wrote:Is he there yet, if not, how much further. All I hear about now is people saying Lebron is better than Jordan. I'm not sure if they really believe it or not, but it just seems like the norm these days. Maybe it's just because Jordan has been retired for so long, but then again Lebron has caught up to Jordan in accolades.

Lebron is better since basketball is a team game. He does a better job of making his teammates better and team better through his versatility than Jordan. If it was just a 1 on 1 competition, I may bet on Jordan.
jwpark23
Senior
And1: 113

Post#233 » by jwpark23 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:57 am

Hero wrote:
jwpark23 wrote:

lmao it was so tough to do it by himself in a watered down league with all those flops and zero contact LOL. Do some research and educate yourself before trying to argue dum dum. BTW, you should send Ray Allen a cake for saving his career. Feels good to join superstars lmao.
Side beard
Analyst
And1: 2,297

Post#234 » by Side beard » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:11 am

CountOnAlex wrote:he couldn't win without stacking his team, pushing management to sign players he wanted, etc. he's a modern day bully, and let's not forget when he tried to twist phil's words into being 'racist'.

so no. i look forward to him retiring so i don't have to see his antics. one of the softest players the NBA has seen.

It still be a sweep in PO, bud.
RIP Kobe
Analyst
And1: 4,505

Post#235 » by RIP Kobe » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:14 am

Side beard wrote:
CountOnAlex wrote:he couldn't win without stacking his team, pushing management to sign players he wanted, etc. he's a modern day bully, and let's not forget when he tried to twist phil's words into being 'racist'.

It still be a sweep in PO, bud.

cleveland isn't sweeping anyone this time around..
rcontador
Junior
And1: 165

Post#236 » by rcontador » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:35 am

mobifree wrote:
RingsDontLie wrote:Is he there yet, if not, how much further. All I hear about now is people saying Lebron is better than Jordan. I'm not sure if they really believe it or not, but it just seems like the norm these days. Maybe it's just because Jordan has been retired for so long, but then again Lebron has caught up to Jordan in accolades.

When he took the Warriors to game 6 with that squad he had last year in a losing effort, I think he proved he was better than Jordan.

There is NO way in hell Jordan or anyone else takes that Cavaliers team to a game 6 vs the Warriors with Love and Irving gone.

Definitely.

1) Lebron
2) Marc Gasol
3) Jordan
jwpark23
Senior
And1: 113

Post#237 » by jwpark23 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:29 am

rcontador wrote:
mobifree wrote:

When he took the Warriors to game 6 with that squad he had last year in a losing effort, I think he proved he was better than Jordan.

There is NO way in hell Jordan or anyone else takes that Cavaliers team to a game 6 vs the Warriors with Love and Irving gone.

Definitely.

1) Lebron
2) Marc Gasol
3) Jordan

NT LeFLOP lmao. Let's look for players to get some help to save the career LUL under this watered down pussified league shell we since he's garbage under crunch times even with under this no touch league? Keep going on LOL
jrob23
Starter
And1: 791

Post#238 » by jrob23 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:05 am

no, and there's nothing he'll ever be able to do to catch Jordan. Heck, he'll never catch Magic and Bird either. Those three players defined basketball and never had meltdowns or acted like Lebron has. You can't undo choking, constantly shrinking from last shots and the bad taste of an obviously fixed finals last season. But, he's a top 10 player in all of history and that's pretty damn impressive. With is body and athleticism though...he's actually underachieved.
nurseryc
Analyst
And1: 1,236

Post#239 » by nurseryc » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:00 pm

Hero wrote:
jwpark23 wrote:

Jordan also had a better career and was a more talented basketball player and teammate than LBJ
NeoDragonKnight
Starter
And1: 2,571

Post#240 » by NeoDragonKnight » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:12 am

The biggest thing separating Lebron and Jordan is Jordan's competitiveness. The only other player that I have seen to match it was Bird. Jordan and Bird took the challenges before them and used that to make them better, Lebron sometimes did but more often shrunk away or deferred it to others. Lebron is still going to go down as one of the best ever.

Return to The General Board