ImageImageImageImageImage

Official NY Yankees Thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,437

Re: Official NY Yankees Thread 

Post#1901 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:58 am

Zombie George will track down and devour Randy Levine. What a stupid douche bag play. We'll give you Familia for him. Shake?
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,324

Post#1902 » by Mecca » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:42 pm

Niese is going to be a starter for us when the season begins. I like that signing a lot.

Tanka
Pineda
CC
Severino
Niese

is my best guess.
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1903 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:00 pm

Mecca wrote:Niese is going to be a starter for us when the season begins. I like that signing a lot.

Mecca
RealGM

Post#1904 » by Mecca » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:20 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Mecca wrote:Niese is going to be a starter for us when the season begins. I like that signing a lot.

Hey, when Pineda is your #2, anyone with MLB experience is an upgrade :lol:
Brooklyn Nets
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1905 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:23 pm

Mecca wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Just wait till has a few of these games where he's going great for 3 or 4 inning and then inexplicably implodes ending with him storming off the mound with that scowl on his face. THEN the next day you'll read his quotes about how the fielding let him down.

Seriously, I can't believe the Yankees didn't go after Jason Hammel. The Royals picked him up for only 2 years/$16M. He won 15 games for the Cubs last year.
levendis
Sixth Man
And1: 1,189

Post#1906 » by levendis » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:28 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Mecca wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Just wait till has a few of these games where he's going great for 3 or 4 inning and then inexplicably implodes ending with him storming off the mound with that scowl on his face. THEN the next day you'll read his quotes about how the fielding let him down.

Seriously, I can't believe the Yankees didn't go after Jason Hammel. The Royals picked him up for only 2 years/$16M. He won 15 games for the Cubs last year.

apparently they're viewing him more as a reliever. He'll probably get spot starts here and then which is fine by me. Seems more like long man/mop up duty work. An underated aspect of the signing is that he can make up to 2 mill... the difference in salaries between the Yankees and Betances.

As far as Hammels. Yeah I wouldn't have mind him for that deal. Wins are irrelevant, look who he was playing for, and having to move to the AL East would hurt him. My biggest issue with him is that he only gives you 150 good innings a year. He's usually god awful at the end of the year. Which is why the Cubs didn't even include him in their playoff roster.
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#1907 » by Dr. Detfink » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:53 pm

First off, I'm really disappointed that Betances ran his mouth with diarrhea. Even though I know where he's coming from, I thought it was the wrong time for that kind of comment. If he wants sympathy, he can go to Goose Gossage.

Niese is a better concept. He's an innings eater. He offers a change of pace on the mound. That said, the guy is a bit of a prick in the dugout and knuckleballers are always going to make things hellish for the catcher.
bishnykfan
Knicks Forum Game Commish
And1: 13,599

Post#1908 » by bishnykfan » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:09 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:First off, I'm really disappointed that Betances ran his mouth with diarrhea. Even though I know where he's coming from, I thought it was the wrong time for that kind of comment. If he wants sympathy, he can go to Goose Gossage.

Niese is a better concept. He's an innings eater. He offers a change of pace on the mound. That said, the guy is a bit of a prick in the dugout and knuckleballers are always going to make things hellish for the catcher.

I don't think NIese is a knuckleballer?

Low risk/low reward move IMO, fifth starter competition in spring training which at this point doesn't hurt. Another vet to compete with some of our young players who can maybe step in and eat some innings.
All-Time Draft

PG- Oscar Robertson/Bob Cousy
SG- Earl Monroe/James Harden/Dana Barros
SF- Billy Cunningham/Michael Finley/Chet Walker
PF- Elvin Hayes/Dolph Schayes/Tom Chambers/Danny Manning
C- Walt Bellamy/Neil Johnston/Darryl Dawkins
Dr. Detfink
RealGM

Post#1909 » by Dr. Detfink » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:44 pm

bishnykfan wrote:I don't think NIese is a knuckleballer?

Low risk/low reward move IMO, fifth starter competition in spring training which at this point doesn't hurt. Another vet to compete with some of our young players who can maybe step in and eat some innings.

My bad. I don't watch the Mets that often to be honest. I thought he was one of those junk ball, off-speed or Knuckleball pitchers. Never mind.
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#1910 » by MaseInYourFace » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:07 am

Niese is young. I thought dude was much older. He's only 30.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
Mecca
RealGM

Post#1911 » by Mecca » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:10 am

Dr. Detfink wrote:
bishnykfan wrote:I don't think NIese is a knuckleballer?

My bad. I don't watch the Mets that often to be honest. I thought he was one of those junk ball, off-speed or Knuckleball pitchers. Never mind.

I remember him having a nasty curve or change.
Brooklyn Nets
Dr. Detfink
RealGM

Post#1912 » by Dr. Detfink » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:00 am

Mecca wrote:
I remember him having a nasty curve or change.

You are right! Yeah he never had a blow it by pitch but his off-speed and movement was what he lived by.

Might be a good short-term fit as a #4 change of pace.

Again, I could be reaching but Kershaw has an 2018 Opt-out clause. I'd still like ONE free agent starting pitcher horse. Doesn't have to be Kershaw but someone who can get the Yanks there. The young kids behind Tanaka should be mature by then.

Speaking of the Dodgers, Eric "Gag me" Gagne is attempting a come back. Remember when that chump won the Cy Young and later, busted for PEDS?!? Yeah meanwhile Mo kept trucking along.
Polk377
General Manager
And1: 5,364

Post#1913 » by Polk377 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:07 am

Spring training is finally here tomorrow and I cant wait to see these young guys playing with the vets. Mitchell gets the start and I really think he has a great chance of winning a rotation spot. He was on fire last year in spring training before the foot injury.
Polk377
General Manager
And1: 5,364

Post#1914 » by Polk377 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:33 pm

Good first game for the kids today. There will be a lot of tough decisions that have to be made this spring.

Mitchell looked good in 2 innings and so did Cessa. The race for the final 2 rotation spots will be really fun to watch.

That shot by Judge was amazing. If he can cut the strikeouts down he is well worth the trade off.

Not a good game at the plate for Sanchez but he called a great mix behind the plate and framed pitches really well.

We saw Didi's power right from the start. He has potential to be an all star this year.

Frazier, Andujar and Fowler had good at bats and made heads up plays running the bases.

Torres had a sloppy inning but showed off his arm strength and drove in a run.

Higashioka hit a nice bomb as well. I wouldn't be surprised if he beats out Romine for the backup catcher spot with his hitting and defensive ability.

I expect Tejada to beat out Torreyes as well for the utility infield position.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,230

Post#1915 » by Papi_swav » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:41 am

Polk377 wrote:Good first game for the kids today. There will be a lot of tough decisions that have to be made this spring.

Mitchell looked good in 2 innings and so did Cessa. The race for the final 2 rotation spots will be really fun to watch.

That shot by Judge was amazing. If he can cut the strikeouts down he is well worth the trade off.

Not a good game at the plate for Sanchez but he called a great mix behind the plate and framed pitches really well.

We saw Didi's power right from the start. He has potential to be an all star this year.

Frazier, Andujar and Fowler had good at bats and made heads up plays running the bases.

Torres had a sloppy inning but showed off his arm strength and drove in a run.

Higashioka hit a nice bomb as well. I wouldn't be surprised if he beats out Romine for the backup catcher spot with his hitting and defensive ability.

I expect Tejada to beat out Torreyes as well for the utility infield position.

So many things to look forward too, I am way too excited for this season and years to come.
Dr. Detfink
RealGM

Post#1916 » by Dr. Detfink » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:20 pm

Frazier, Torres, and Andujar continue to show promise. I don't put too much stock into these games but it's nice to see youth coming along nicely.
Ror1997
Analyst
And1: 911

Post#1917 » by Ror1997 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:27 pm

****. So this is where you guys hide the Yankee forum :lol:
Dr. Detfink
RealGM

Post#1918 » by Dr. Detfink » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:22 pm

I think Aaron Judge is the key for this young team to make the wild card. IF he can strike out less than 50% (as he did last season) and be a little more productive....That will make the Holliday, Sanchez combo A LOT more lethal.
Mecca
RealGM

Post#1919 » by Mecca » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:23 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:I think Aaron Judge is the key for this young team to make the wild card. IF he can strike out less than 50% (as he did last season) and be a little more productive....That will make the Holliday, Sanchez combo A LOT more lethal.

I think Bird is more important. Looks like a pure hitter.
Brooklyn Nets
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1920 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:39 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:Niese is young. I thought dude was much older. He's only 30.

Only 30? Really? I thought he was around 32. Still, 30 isn't "young." Especially when he's had shoulder, elbow and knee problems.

Return to New York Knicks