ImageImageImageImageImage

Official NY Yankees Thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Re: Official NY Yankees Thread 

Post#1921 » by Dr. Detfink » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:57 pm

Mecca wrote:I think Bird is more important. Looks like a pure hitter.

He's definitely important but Judge gets a higher priority than Bird because I am slightly worried about the alternative..which is the Yankees shelling out $200M for Andrew McCutchen or Bryce Harper because Cashman is still paying off HIS boy, Jacob Ellsbury.
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,324

Post#1922 » by Mecca » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:34 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:
Mecca wrote:I think Bird is more important. Looks like a pure hitter.

He's definitely important but Judge gets a higher priority than Bird because I am slightly worried about the alternative..which is the Yankees shelling out $200M for Andrew McCutchen or Bryce Harper because Cashman is still paying off HIS boy, Jacob Ellsbury.

Even if Judge busts, we have Rutherford developing.

I don't want McCutchen as he's older, but I'd put all my eggs in the Machado/Harper basket
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
Dr. Detfink
RealGM

Post#1923 » by Dr. Detfink » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:37 pm

Mecca wrote:Even if Judge busts, we have Rutherford developing.

I don't want McCutchen as he's older, but I'd put all my eggs in the Machado/Harper basket

I'm all in for Machado BUT I dunno about Harper. Just something about that guy worries me about throwing a huge contract.
Mecca
RealGM

Post#1924 » by Mecca » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:21 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:

I'm all in for Machado BUT I dunno about Harper. Just something about that guy worries me about throwing a huge contract.

He's a bit of an oddball, but still, if you sign him to a 10 year deal, you're getting 7-8 years of his prime.
Brooklyn Nets
levendis
Sixth Man
And1: 1,189

Post#1925 » by levendis » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:46 pm

Mecca wrote:
Dr. Detfink wrote:

He's a bit of an oddball, but still, if you sign him to a 10 year deal, you're getting 7-8 years of his prime.

Yeah people forget Harper is only 24, and already had one of the greatest seasons of all time. I'm sure he dominates these next 2 years and cashes in. He's the type of player you should be giving 10 year deals to. My concern with Machado is his 2 major knee surgeries, but he's seemed healthy since the last one. I'd probably prefer to sign Arenado instead whose a FA the year after.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,703

Post#1926 » by F N 11 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:09 pm

Every year we throw out trash starting 5's.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
Dr. Detfink
RealGM

Post#1927 » by Dr. Detfink » Wed Mar 1, 2017 4:00 am

Cashman seems intent on developing starting pitching. I really hope so but his track record hasn't been great.
NYKinMIA
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,947

Post#1928 » by NYKinMIA » Wed Mar 1, 2017 1:35 pm

Birdman with 2 dingers yesterday was nice to hear.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,703

Post#1929 » by F N 11 » Wed Mar 1, 2017 4:31 pm

So happy for Greg he had a hot ending to 2015 and he got hurt. Unfortunate. He has it all. Defense and Offense. Excited man.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#1930 » by MaseInYourFace » Wed Mar 1, 2017 9:15 pm

Has kaprelian pitched at all?
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
Polk377
General Manager
And1: 5,364

Post#1931 » by Polk377 » Wed Mar 1, 2017 9:59 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:Has kaprelian pitched at all?

He is being brought along slowly since he only pitched 18 innings last season. It is still unclear whether he will get a chance in spring training but I expect he will towards the end. He will likely start in AA this year and if he stays healthy will work his way to AAA.
Polk377
General Manager

Post#1932 » by Polk377 » Wed Mar 1, 2017 10:22 pm

levendis wrote:
Mecca wrote:
Dr. Detfink wrote:

Yeah people forget Harper is only 24, and already had one of the greatest seasons of all time. I'm sure he dominates these next 2 years and cashes in. He's the type of player you should be giving 10 year deals to. My concern with Machado is his 2 major knee surgeries, but he's seemed healthy since the last one. I'd probably prefer to sign Arenado instead whose a FA the year after.

The hope is that the Yankees can move on from Gardner and Elsbury in the near future to pave a way for Harper. An outfield of Harper, Frazier and Judge would be dangerous. It all depends on how these guys develop in the next 2 years really. The Yankees have a ton of young outfield prospects who might make Harper unnecessary. They are trying to develop Mateo as a CFer, Fowler has been progressing nicely, Mckinney might put it all together this season, Rutherford looks like a major prospect down the line so we will see where it goes.

I don't think Machado will be a major target either for the same reason for the same reason as Harper. The Yankees are stacked with middle infield prospects. We have already seen Didi's development into a great shortstop, Torres has shown his potential, Mateo might stay in the infield long term, Andujar is being touted as a future star, Wade still has potential, Garcia could step up his game this season and Castro could have a break out year as well this season.

Of course some of these guys will not live up to there potential that is just the way it is. It all depends on where the Yankees are in the next couple of years and whether they can develop their own stars.
Mecca
RealGM

Post#1933 » by Mecca » Wed Mar 1, 2017 10:57 pm

Polk377 wrote:
levendis wrote:
Mecca wrote:

The hope is that the Yankees can move on from Gardner and Elsbury in the near future to pave a way for Harper. An outfield of Harper, Frazier and Judge would be dangerous. It all depends on how these guys develop in the next 2 years really. The Yankees have a ton of young outfield prospects who might make Harper unnecessary. They are trying to develop Mateo as a CFer, Fowler has been progressing nicely, Mckinney might put it all together this season, Rutherford looks like a major prospect down the line so we will see where it goes.

I don't think Machado will be a major target either for the same reason for the same reason as Harper. The Yankees are stacked with middle infield prospects. We have already seen Didi's development into a great shortstop, Torres has shown his potential, Mateo might stay in the infield long term, Andujar is being touted as a future star, Wade still has potential, Garcia could step up his game this season and Castro could have a break out year as well this season.

Of course some of these guys will not live up to there potential that is just the way it is. It all depends on where the Yankees are in the next couple of years and whether they can develop their own stars.

Well, I'd say Machado would be the perfect fit as he can slide into 3rd base.
Bird/Didi/Torres/Machado infield would be dangerous.
Frazier/Mateo/Judge outfield
Brooklyn Nets
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,069

Post#1934 » by moocow007 » Wed Mar 1, 2017 11:13 pm

As much as folks rail on Harper for his perceived (or real) ARod like personality, Manny Machado usually is ranked as the most hated players in major league baseball for his perceived (or real) poor attitude and a reputation (perceived or real) of being a dirty player. I think it ultimately comes down to who is doing better, who is healthier and who seems to fit a bigger need. As it is there's talk of moving at least one of the Yankees current SS options to 3rd so Machado may not be as necessary as it may seem. Harper is in the spotlight a lot more and I think that he gets a bad rep sometimes because he's simply just a more public and visible guy.
Dr. Detfink
RealGM

Post#1935 » by Dr. Detfink » Thu Mar 2, 2017 2:32 am

There's no way the Yankees move Elsbury. Too many seasons to go under contract on that guy.

Too many red flags on Bryce Harper, he's coming off his worst season. Guy strikes out A LOT. Hasn't hit 100 RBIs yet.

We'll see. Maybe he'll prove me wrong.
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#1936 » by MaseInYourFace » Thu Mar 2, 2017 9:53 am

Dr. Detfink wrote:There's no way the Yankees move Elsbury. Too many seasons to go under contract on that guy.

Too many red flags on Bryce Harper, he's coming off his worst season. Guy strikes out A LOT. Hasn't hit 100 RBIs yet.

Jeez you're right. Didn't realize his contact was this terrible. It's worse than I thought. Wtf was Cashman thinking?! As much as I love what he's doing now with building up farm, he should have been fired for the Ellsbury contract. Only thing that might save yankees is Ellsbury having a great season and selling him. Eating half the contract of course. Otherwise they'll have to pay him to be a high paid 4th outfielder.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
Polk377
General Manager

Post#1937 » by Polk377 » Thu Mar 2, 2017 8:15 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:
Dr. Detfink wrote:There's no way the Yankees move Elsbury. Too many seasons to go under contract on that guy.

Jeez you're right. Didn't realize his contact was this terrible. It's worse than I thought. Wtf was Cashman thinking?! As much as I love what he's doing now with building up farm, he should have been fired for the Ellsbury contract. Only thing that might save yankees is Ellsbury having a great season and selling him. Eating half the contract of course. Otherwise they'll have to pay him to be a high paid 4th outfielder.

They could always bite the bullet and just buy him out like they did with A-Rod.
Dr. Detfink
RealGM

Post#1938 » by Dr. Detfink » Thu Mar 2, 2017 8:39 pm

Polk377 wrote:
They could always bite the bullet and just buy him out like they did with A-Rod.

The Yankees OWE Ellsbury $21M per season. He's NOT a free agent until 2022

Bean counter Hal is NOT going to allow Cashman to pay that amount for him to go away.

And this is ALL on GM Brian Cashman.
Polk377
General Manager

Post#1939 » by Polk377 » Fri Mar 3, 2017 1:12 am

Dr. Detfink wrote:
Polk377 wrote:

The Yankees OWE Ellsbury $21M per season. He's NOT a free agent until 2022

Bean counter Hal is NOT going to allow Cashman to pay that amount for him to go away.

And this is ALL on GM Brian Cashman.

Anyone is moveable if you attach a couple of prospects and some money back. Ellsbury needs to stay healthy and get back to above average though.
Polk377
General Manager

Post#1940 » by Polk377 » Fri Mar 3, 2017 1:15 am

Damn these kids are good. They all find a way to contribute and make heady plays. The future is very bright here.

Return to New York Knicks