Post#2 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:14 am

No way Elway does that one.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
RavenMad31
Senior
And1: 252

Re: tony romo for Trevor Siemian? 

Post#3 » by RavenMad31 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:19 am

It makes sense in one respect, but makes no sense when you take the contract numbers out of the equation. If I'm Dallas, I go for it, but come to the table asking for a mid round draft pick along with Siemian. My hunch is that on paper, Romo will look like the more valuable commodity, therefore commanding higher value. If the trade were to out, I say Dallas gets a low cost insurance policy and Denver ends up with Romo either getting hurt or not being the Tony Romo you remember from whenever it was that he wasn't in traction.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Post#4 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:21 pm

I'm resigned to the fact Romo will be tagged for a June 2 release. Can't trade a commodity everyone knows you are letting go. Only possibility is that you get two or more teams competing for the same commodity. If that happens, then Jerry has an option. I don't get the sense Denver is willing to do it nor do I get a sense KC wants to change QB's.

But (and this is a big but) - nothing happens around the league until after the combine. Once you get all the league GM's and Coaches in the same zip code chatting, anything is possible.

So - we wait.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,242

Post#5 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:04 pm

shagadelic45 wrote:thoughts of a trade with denver?

would denver do it?

would dallas do it?

gives superbowl ready denver the best qb...dallas get something in return

I don't think Romo would want to go there. Running game is up in the air and you have to admit, the Denver O-line is not all that good. Romo would get too beat up and take too many hits behind that Bronco O-line. Most likely not make it through the season. I still like Houston, K.C. and one other sleeper where Romo would rather go.
RavenMad31
Senior

Post#6 » by RavenMad31 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:34 am

Honestly, at this point in his career, Romo needs to look in the mirror and have a tough conversation with himself about his worth. The smartest thing for everyone involved is for him to be man enough to take a pay cut that makes his role as backup more reasonable. If dak gets hurt, or has a sophomore slump, which is entirely possible, he can ride in and play out an abbreviated season for the team that is the best fit for him. Does anyone know if this is even doable under the league cap rules?
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,242

Post#7 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:45 am

RavenMad31 wrote:Honestly, at this point in his career, Romo needs to look in the mirror and have a tough conversation with himself about his worth. The smartest thing for everyone involved is for him to be man enough to take a pay cut that makes his role as backup more reasonable. If dak gets hurt, or has a sophomore slump, which is entirely possible, he can ride in and play out an abbreviated season for the team that is the best fit for him. Does anyone know if this is even doable under the league cap rules?

Would also be his best chance to get a ring before heading out to pasture.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Post#8 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:30 pm

RavenMad31 wrote:Honestly, at this point in his career, Romo needs to look in the mirror and have a tough conversation with himself about his worth. The smartest thing for everyone involved is for him to be man enough to take a pay cut that makes his role as backup more reasonable. If dak gets hurt, or has a sophomore slump, which is entirely possible, he can ride in and play out an abbreviated season for the team that is the best fit for him. Does anyone know if this is even doable under the league cap rules?

Actually, he'll probably look in the mirror and say to himself "Man - I'm WAY better than over half of these scrubs out there!"
RavenMad31
Senior

Post#9 » by RavenMad31 » Wed Mar 1, 2017 1:11 am

Otis Driftwood wrote:

Actually, he'll probably look in the mirror and say to himself "Man - I'm WAY better than over half of these scrubs out there!"

And he'd be right, provided he doesn't shatter.
ProPlaya98
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#10 » by ProPlaya98 » Sat Mar 4, 2017 2:57 pm

If I was John Elway, I wouldn't think about making that trade. There is no guarantee, that Tony Romo can stay healthy.

Return to The General NFL Board