ImageImageImageImage

Cowboy's nicest surprises and biggest disappointments of the 2016 season.

Moderator: Texas Chuck

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,242

Cowboy's nicest surprises and biggest disappointments of the 2016 season. 

Post#1 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Feb 2, 2017 5:43 pm

Now that the season is over I thought I would throw this out among us to discuss and debate till the upcoming NFL draft gets here in a few weeks from now. I'll let you guys start out first and I'll catch up as we go along. So besides the obvious pleasantries with Elliot and Prescott, what are the nice surprises and biggest disappointments of the past season?
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Re: Cowboy's nicest surprises and biggest disappointments of the 2016 season. 

Post#2 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Feb 2, 2017 5:45 pm

To start out, I thought our 6th round draft choice, Anthony Brown was a nice surprise and shows a lot of promise. I was a bit disappointed we didn't see much of Charles Tapper to see what we have in him.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#3 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:24 pm

I was extremely disappointed in Garrett once again, especially in the playoff game. Not being prepared for Aaron Rogers' hard count and no huddle offense was totally inexcusable to me let alone not adjusting to it till halfway through the second period. Thought we should have run the ball more as well. But we have been bitching about Garrett and his play calling, time management, etc., for years.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,001

Post#4 » by Mr B » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:00 pm

We should get to see Tapper this year. I'm really hoping he can give the team something (anything).

I also really hated that they cut Darius Jackson. I still think that kid is going to be a very good starting RB in this league.

Swaim was also a nice surprise until he got hurt. I didn't expect anything out of him at all and he showed he can actually play. Dak seemed to have good chemistry with him until he went out.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#5 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Mar 3, 2017 4:51 pm

The other disappointments for me were the red flag players we previously discussed at length the off season before. R. McClain, Gregory, etc. This has to stop.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#6 » by Mr B » Fri Mar 3, 2017 8:38 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:The other disappointments for me were the red flag players we previously discussed at length the off season before. R. McClain, Gregory, etc. This has to stop.

Keep an eye on the RB Mixon if he makes it to the 3rd or 4th round. Has a serious off field issue but could be the best RB in the draft.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#7 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Mar 5, 2017 4:11 pm

If he has serious off the field issues, than I bet Jerry loves him. Wonderful. Both you and Otis know exactly what I want in the upcoming draft, so I won't say it.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#8 » by Mr B » Sun Mar 5, 2017 7:33 pm

I think they will go DE and CB with their first two picks. And if they do and Mixon is sitting there in the 3rd I think he'll be the pick. Jerry can't resist a falling player.
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#9 » by studcrackers » Sun Mar 5, 2017 7:36 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:If he has serious off the field issues, than I bet Jerry loves him. Wonderful. Both you and Otis know exactly what I want in the upcoming draft, so I won't say it.

...do you not know about Mixon's past?
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#10 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Mar 5, 2017 7:42 pm

studcrackers wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:If he has serious off the field issues, than I bet Jerry loves him. Wonderful. Both you and Otis know exactly what I want in the upcoming draft, so I won't say it.

...do you not know about Mixon's past?
I don't know anything about the kid. One of the other poster's mentioned he has off field issues and I was just being a wise ass back because Jerry is notourius for signing red flag players. My focus for the Cowboys is all out draft war on DEFENSE.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#11 » by Mr B » Sun Mar 5, 2017 7:57 pm

Mixon is the guy that punched that girl. It happened 3 years ago but the video just came out in December. He hasn't been in trouble since then but he did was horrible. It's why he wasn't invited to the Combine (rightfully so) even though he. Ugh the the best RB in the draft.
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#12 » by studcrackers » Sun Mar 5, 2017 11:07 pm

Mr B wrote:Mixon is the guy that punched that girl. It happened 3 years ago but the video just came out in December. He hasn't been in trouble since then but he did was horrible. It's why he wasn't invited to the Combine (rightfully so) even though he. Ugh the the best RB in the draft.

he also got suspended a game for throwing a ticket in a police officer's (or campus officer's, i forget) face

i think it's dumb he wasnt invited to the combine cause the troublemaker guys are exactly the type of guys every team would want to interview
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Post#13 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Mar 6, 2017 1:16 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:The other disappointments for me were the red flag players we previously discussed at length the off season before. R. McClain, Gregory, etc. This has to stop.

Keep an eye on the RB Mixon if he makes it to the 3rd or 4th round. Has a serious off field issue but could be the best RB in the draft.

I want nothing to do with that fool. I don't care how good he is. Let someone else deal with the circus that accompanies him. Because there will be one. And we have all had plenty of that crap the last few years.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Post#14 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Mar 6, 2017 1:18 pm

studcrackers wrote:
Mr B wrote:Mixon is the guy that punched that girl. It happened 3 years ago but the video just came out in December. He hasn't been in trouble since then but he did was horrible. It's why he wasn't invited to the Combine (rightfully so) even though he. Ugh the the best RB in the draft.

he also got suspended a game for throwing a ticket in a police officer's (or campus officer's, i forget) face

i think it's dumb he wasnt invited to the combine cause the troublemaker guys are exactly the type of guys every team would want to interview

I tend to agree that he should have been invited. Regardless of the fact I don't want him here - case is closed. Even with the Combine being the meat market it is, he should have been invited.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."

Return to Dallas Cowboys