ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread IV

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Rotten Apple
General Manager
And1: 5,113

Re: Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread IV 

Post#1701 » by Rotten Apple » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:05 pm

Only Remy I acknowledge is J4remi.

With that said that diss was weak IMO. Her flow is so garbage to me personally. Jokes about her butt, accusations of banging Wayne, Drake, Ebro and Trey and then bringing up money which is something you don't do when you just sold 3,000 albums. Overall weak and on top of that the Ether beat was disrespect in the process.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,432

Post#1702 » by j4remi » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:39 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:Only Legit NYC cats from the era can spit like this...

Fuq these Glitter shoe rappers.

Killed this...
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#1703 » by IllmaticHandler » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:04 pm

Don Q Dropped a Mixtape today. My favorite song of it.

Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,324

Post#1704 » by Mecca » Wed Mar 1, 2017 12:35 am

IllmaticHandler wrote:Don Q Dropped a Mixtape today. My favorite song of it.

Lol, I texted Jose7 to peep this track earlier. Don Q and Roc came hard this month.
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#1705 » by Marcus » Fri Mar 3, 2017 5:45 pm

So Remy dropped another one called "another one" lol.
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
DowNY
RealGM
And1: 10,366

Post#1706 » by DowNY » Sat Mar 4, 2017 2:54 am

http://www.vladtv.com/article/225541/eminem-signs-westside-gunn-and-conway-to-shady-records

"Eminem added two respected names in underground rap to his roster on Friday (March 3). The Detroit legend's Shady Records announced that they signed Westside Gunn and Conway to their roster.

An official press release from Eminem read, "The style and energy of Griselda Records, Gunn and Conway are infectious. We can’t wait to put them on the platform they have earned and deserve."

Westside Gunn also commented, saying, "We’re bringing a new sound to the game, but it’s also reminiscent of the grimey 90’s. Art is in everything we do… it’s the essence. We’re fusing boom-bap/dark sounds with the hipster cool kid lifestyle. A new lane is being carved.”

What do you think of Eminem's new artists?"
Mecca
RealGM

Post#1707 » by Mecca » Sat Mar 4, 2017 2:55 am

DowNY wrote:http://www.vladtv.com/article/225541/eminem-signs-westside-gunn-and-conway-to-shady-records

"Eminem added two respected names in underground rap to his roster on Friday (March 3). The Detroit legend's Shady Records announced that they signed Westside Gunn and Conway to their roster.

An official press release from Eminem read, "The style and energy of Griselda Records, Gunn and Conway are infectious. We can’t wait to put them on the platform they have earned and deserve."

Westside Gunn also commented, saying, "We’re bringing a new sound to the game, but it’s also reminiscent of the grimey 90’s. Art is in everything we do… it’s the essence. We’re fusing boom-bap/dark sounds with the hipster cool kid lifestyle. A new lane is being carved.”

Happy for them both, but it's bad for their careers. Eminem hasn't had luck getting anyone's career going.
Brooklyn Nets
DowNY
RealGM

Post#1708 » by DowNY » Sat Mar 4, 2017 3:01 am

Mecca wrote:
DowNY wrote:http://www.vladtv.com/article/225541/eminem-signs-westside-gunn-and-conway-to-shady-records

Happy for them both, but it's bad for their careers. Eminem hasn't had luck getting anyone's career going.

What about 50's career? Lol
Mecca
RealGM

Post#1709 » by Mecca » Sat Mar 4, 2017 3:04 am

DowNY wrote:
Mecca wrote:

Yelawolf, Skylar Grey, Slaughterhouse.... Shady Records is trash. Should've waited for a better label.
Brooklyn Nets
DowNY
RealGM

Post#1710 » by DowNY » Sat Mar 4, 2017 4:16 am

Mecca wrote:
DowNY wrote:
Mecca wrote:

Yelawolf, Skylar Grey, Slaughterhouse.... Shady Records is trash. Should've waited for a better label.

I see your point but to be fair, he was pressured into signing Yelawolf (who to me should've went to Tech 9ne's "strange music" label & is overrated anyway). Hindsight, he should've signed Mac Miller. Diddy signed MGK around the same time & he bummed just like Yelawolf.

Skylar Grey? meh, many singers under a major name get the tax write off treatment.
A lot of them can't make it out that path like Rihanna.

Slaughterhouse, I think Em just wanted to give back to the vets. Think he expected them to handle business as usual & they expected Em to do some amazing ****. They're not on the same wave length. Em probably expected them to handle their stuff with a bigger budget & that's it. Em gave them a few verses & that's it. :lol:
I don't know. We'll just have to see where it goes. Never know. Could work out. Could not.
Knicklyn718
Sophomore
And1: 115

Post#1711 » by Knicklyn718 » Mon Mar 6, 2017 12:59 am

ImageImage
EchelonNYK
RealGM
And1: 6,660

Post#1712 » by EchelonNYK » Mon Mar 6, 2017 1:35 am

Still listening to this in 2017!
Fury
RealGM
And1: 14,850

Post#1713 » by Fury » Mon Mar 6, 2017 1:38 am

DowNY wrote:
Mecca wrote:
DowNY wrote:

I see your point but to be fair, he was pressured into signing Yelawolf (who to me should've went to Tech 9ne's "strange music" label & is overrated anyway). Hindsight, he should've signed Mac Miller. Diddy signed MGK around the same time & he bummed just like Yelawolf.

Skylar Grey? meh, many singers under a major name get the tax write off treatment.

Slaughterhouse, I think Em just wanted to give back to the vets. Think he expected them to handle business as usual & they expected Em to do some amazing ****. They're not on the same wave length. Em probably expected them to handle their stuff with a bigger budget & that's it. Em gave them a few verses & that's it. :lol:
I don't know. We'll just have to see where it goes. Never know. Could work out. Could not.

Yelawolf is actually really good and Eminem sucks as a promoter. Yelawolf does all the work, and did all the work for his number 1 single Till It's Gone. He's actually one of the more versatile artists out, but is kinda crazy.
Mecca
RealGM

Post#1714 » by Mecca » Mon Mar 6, 2017 3:11 am

Fury wrote:
DowNY wrote:
Mecca wrote:

Yelawolf is actually really good and Eminem sucks as a promoter. Yelawolf does all the work, and did all the work for his number 1 single Till It's Gone. He's actually one of the more versatile artists out, but is kinda crazy.

I'm still mad at myself for name dropping Yelawolf without including your name. :lol: Yeah, he's nice. People who love Em love Yelawolf. I have friends that stan hard for Yelawolf. I heard he fell off though.
Brooklyn Nets
Fury
RealGM

Post#1715 » by Fury » Mon Mar 6, 2017 3:17 am

Mecca wrote:
Fury wrote:
DowNY wrote:I see your point but to be fair, he was pressured into signing Yelawolf (who to me should've went to Tech 9ne's "strange music" label & is overrated anyway). Hindsight, he should've signed Mac Miller. Diddy signed MGK around the same time & he bummed just like Yelawolf.

I'm still mad at myself for name dropping Yelawolf without including your name. :lol: Yeah, he's nice. People who love Em love Yelawolf. I have friends that stan hard for Yelawolf. I heard he fell off though.

He came out with two songs for his next album, trial by fire. I'd check out daylight. Probably mastered the folk rap with that song and it received good buzz but a month or so after he had a fallout with his friends and his band (bones and klever) and went off the deep end. Starting spazzing out, drunk and ****. They sent him to a mental hospital and he got out after a day and changed his name to MWA (his name Michael Wayne atha).

Soooo he's in a phase with like braids and polished black nails and dressing like a eclectic hobo. But he's recently done a mixtape with DJ Paul which should come out soon and now he's back as Yelawolf and I think he's actually gonna tour for trial by fire now, also read some stuff that he might be back with his crew. My only hope is that he releases the album cause the first two songs (daylight and shadows) sound cohesive as ****.
DowNY
RealGM

Post#1716 » by DowNY » Mon Mar 6, 2017 8:05 am

Fury wrote:
Mecca wrote:
Fury wrote:

He came out with two songs for his next album, trial by fire. I'd check out daylight. Probably mastered the folk rap with that song and it received good buzz but a month or so after he had a fallout with his friends and his band (bones and klever) and went off the deep end. Starting spazzing out, drunk and ****. They sent him to a mental hospital and he got out after a day and changed his name to MWA (his name Michael Wayne atha).

Soooo he's in a phase with like braids and polished black nails and dressing like a eclectic hobo. But he's recently done a mixtape with DJ Paul which should come out soon and now he's back as Yelawolf and I think he's actually gonna tour for trial by fire now, also read some stuff that he might be back with his crew. My only hope is that he releases the album cause the first two songs (daylight and shadows) sound cohesive as ****.

Either way, I think he would've fit better on "Strange Music" with Tech 9ne, Ritz & Snow Da Product.

The way you described how he spazzed out reminds me of Charles Hamilton. Jimmy Iovine wanted him to do folk rap. He started spazzing out, doing drugs & ended up at a mental hospital himself too. Spoke about Witch craft in interviews & had black fingernails.
Crazy how it's almost a loop with certain type of artists.
Fury
RealGM

Post#1717 » by Fury » Mon Mar 6, 2017 12:04 pm

DowNY wrote:
Fury wrote:
Mecca wrote:

Either way, I think he would've fit better on "Strange Music" with Tech 9ne, Ritz & Snow Da Product.

The way you described how he spazzed out reminds me of Charles Hamilton. Jimmy Iovine wanted him to do folk rap. He started spazzing out, doing drugs & ended up at a mental hospital himself too. Spoke about Witch craft in interviews & had black fingernails.
Crazy how it's almost a loop with certain type of artists.

Damn

Yeah, strange music wouldn't have been bad. Tho he's doing his own thing too with slumerican
EchelonNYK
RealGM
And1: 6,660

Post#1718 » by EchelonNYK » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:59 pm

Vordul Mega
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,653

Post#1719 » by Knicksfan1992 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:55 pm

Cool that Joey got a Cole feature. Not many rappers get that. Cole usually snaps whenever he features on something and after hearing the backstory to how it became a thing, it seems like he gave Joey his full attention post-album release. Real excited to hear those 2 on a track together. That album is one of my most anticipated ones of the year.
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#1720 » by Greenie » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:01 pm

DowNY wrote:
Mecca wrote:

Ja Rule did that.

Return to New York Knicks