5%

Total votes: 40

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,230

Re: NFC East 

Post#381 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Mar 1, 2017 4:50 pm

imdaman99 wrote:Franchise tag on JPP :rock:

Even the rockin man has more fingers than JPP. :falloff: We have only 1 finger for you guys. By the way, what's JPP doing this 4th of July?
imdaman99
Ballboy
And1: 17

Post#382 » by imdaman99 » Wed Mar 1, 2017 5:50 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Please, don't get any wrong ideas. Cowboys are not interested in JPP and neither am I. I think its great you guys kept him. :lol:

Sadly it's true. They didn't need him to dominate the Cowboys offensive line in that big win, Romeo Okwara stepped up big time.

If anything, someone in the division would have offered him something if only to weaken the Giants DLine depth.
bsjaffe6
Freshman

Post#383 » by bsjaffe6 » Wed Mar 1, 2017 9:16 pm

so the Redskins tagged Cousins and he will get 24 million without and extension way to much for a QB with no play-off wins

and just to compare Big Ben is making 18.5 with the Steelers and Aaron Rodgers makes 20 with the Packers and Cousins doses't warrant more money than either of these two guys

i hope we can convince the 49ers to take him for a 1and 3 this year and a 1and 4 next year or something close and then we spend money on the d-line and wide receivers we need to sign or resign
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#384 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Mar 1, 2017 9:19 pm

bsjaffe6 wrote:so the Redskins tagged Cousins and he will get 24 million without and extension way to much for a QB with no play-off wins

and just to compare Big Ben is making 18.5 with the Steelers and Aaron Rodgers makes 20 with the Packers and Cousins doses't warrant more money than either of these two guys

i hope we can convince the 49ers to take him for a 1and 3 this year and a 1and 4 next year or something close and then we spend money on the d-line and wide receivers we need to sign or resign

:rofl: :falloff: Hail to the foreskins !!!!!
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Post#385 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Mar 1, 2017 11:12 pm

bsjaffe6 wrote:so the Redskins tagged Cousins and he will get 24 million without and extension way to much for a QB with no play-off wins

You can't compare QB salaries. They just change every year when someone else raises the bar. I can promise you that just as people lost their minds when Romo signed his deal 5 years ago and when Wilson signed his (last year?), people are going to lose their minds when Dak gets his money in a couple of years. It's the nature of the position.

The Redskins aren't getting two 1's for KC. Ain't happening.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#386 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Mar 3, 2017 4:34 pm

I hope you get your wish and ship Scuzzins off to the 49ers, :rofl:. But there is no way you will get 2 first round draft choices for that scrub, please. You Redskin fans are just out to lunch too often. You guys better smartin up or next season spells cellar dwellers for you guys. :crazy:
bsjaffe6
Freshman

Post#387 » by bsjaffe6 » Tue Mar 7, 2017 3:32 am

hey i'd be happy with a 1st,2nd and 3rd spread out over 2 years.
sorry kirk isn't worth 24 let alone 20 but he will get stupid money because of the system and he will destroy the teams talent just like the saints did when the signed Brees to that stupid extension 3 years ago why to you think the released all those players who could still play they had to get under the cap and that ruined the depth and defense
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#388 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Mar 7, 2017 9:28 pm

Cowboy's redo Sean Lee contract today and save $5 million of salary cap dollars !
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 3,993

Post#389 » by Mr B » Wed Mar 8, 2017 5:31 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Cowboy's redo Sean Lee contract today and save $5 million of salary cap dollars !

Once they trade or cut Romo it will save them another $5 mil. The money will likely all be spent in house. I still think they should wait until later in the off season to trade or cut him (if a trade doesn't materialize before the draft.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#390 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Mar 8, 2017 3:29 pm

Giants sign Brandon Marshall. Wonderful, just f....... wonderful.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,423

Post#391 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Mar 8, 2017 5:04 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Giants sign Brandon Marshall. Wonderful, just f....... wonderful.

:lol:
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Mr B
RealGM

Post#392 » by Mr B » Wed Mar 8, 2017 7:30 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Giants sign Brandon Marshall. Wonderful, just f....... wonderful.

Eli will still be throwing to them right? They still have a **** OL right? My bet is that Odell will say something to really piss of Marshall this year and Marshall will stomp the living **** out of Odell.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#393 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Mar 8, 2017 8:18 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Cowboy's redo Sean Lee contract today and save $5 million of salary cap dollars !

Once they trade or cut Romo it will save them another $5 mil. The money will likely all be spent in house. I still think they should wait until later in the off season to trade or cut him (if a trade doesn't materialize before the draft.

I'm glad Romo will be going. I was never one of those Cowboy fans that had a small part of him staying as back up QB. Always thought he would be gone from the start. I was just hoping we would get something for him. Oh well, at least we will get some cap relief and the jinx will be gone shortly.
CDior510
Junior
And1: 105

Post#394 » by CDior510 » Wed Mar 8, 2017 11:35 pm

Mr B wrote:

Eli will still be throwing to them right? They still have a **** OL right? My bet is that Odell will say something to really piss of Marshall this year and Marshall will stomp the living **** out of Odell.

Sure he's not perfect and at times can be frustrating, but unless it's A-Rod, Big Ben, TB12, Matt Ryan, Cam or Russell Wilson I don't put any other NFL QB over Eli. He's had a mediocre line since the end of our championship run in 2011. Odell gave the pundits what they wanted and found a way to not be better than his two previous seasons, either mentally or physically. We have tight ends who either can't catch but can block, or can't block but can catch. No NFL quality starting Tackles. Jennings who has basically been stealing money from us compared to the value he brings. Yet everyone blames Eli. The only QB to dethrone Brady not once, but twice.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#395 » by Mr B » Thu Mar 9, 2017 6:01 am

CDior510 wrote:
Mr B wrote:

Sure he's not perfect and at times can be frustrating, but unless it's A-Rod, Big Ben, TB12, Matt Ryan, Cam or Russell Wilson I don't put any other NFL QB over Eli. He's had a mediocre line since the end of our championship run in 2011. Odell gave the pundits what they wanted and found a way to not be better than his two previous seasons, either mentally or physically. We have tight ends who either can't catch but can block, or can't block but can catch. No NFL quality starting Tackles. Jennings who has basically been stealing money from us compared to the value he brings. Yet everyone blames Eli. The only QB to dethrone Brady not once, but twice.

I give Eli a ton of credit for his accomplishments. He's easily one of the best big game QB's of all time. With that said his last big game win was a while ago and he's no spring chicken. Then throw in the rest of the offense. Crappy OL, crappy RB's and suspect TE's. Adding and older Brandon Marshall is not that big a deal.
bsjaffe6
Freshman

Post#396 » by bsjaffe6 » Thu Mar 9, 2017 1:28 pm

yeup until some other pieces improve the giants are going to waste that defense
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Post#397 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Mar 9, 2017 2:14 pm

bsjaffe6 wrote:yeup until some other pieces improve the giants are going to waste that defense

Bro...

Your team...

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Washington Post Reporter: Bruce Allen Leaked "Fake" 3-Way Trade to Ian Rapoport
http://thebiglead.com/2017/03/06/washington-post-reporter-bruce-allen-leaked-fake-3-way-trade-to-ian-rapoport/
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
shawn_hemp
Starter
And1: 1,194

Post#398 » by shawn_hemp » Thu Mar 9, 2017 9:17 pm

NFC East is starting to look like it could be the most talented division on offense next year

Marshall to NYG with an Eli who must know his window is beginning to close and an OBJ who seems due to have an awesome year to silence his critics

Jeffrey and Torrey Smith to Phi with a 2nd year Carson Wentz

Dallas returns their offense with the best O line, best RB, and a top flight WR and TE, led by an uber efficient QB

Washington with a... yeah there's always an outlier... I do like Jordan Reed but Cousins doesn't seem to want to play in Washington and can you blame him. Either sign the guy long term or don't. You're doing nothing for his confidence by continuously tagging him.

It's like Washington is saying "look Kirk, we really like you. We're just not sure if that will be true a year from now"

Yeah, let me play real hard for you... Dan Snyder is one of the worst owners in pro sports year in and year out

All that said... might want to draft a CB in the 1st round boys
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,551

Post#399 » by blazza18 » Thu Mar 9, 2017 9:56 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
CDior510
Junior
And1: 105

Post#400 » by CDior510 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:20 am

blazza18 wrote:Image

He's good, but I never felt he really broke through that wall to get out of B Marshall's shadow after all that time of being "The Little Brother" in Chicago. Then when he was finally the man in Chicago, he didn't produce a lot, I know Jay Cutler is his QB and that gives him some leniency in my book, but I assumed he'd be in the Julio Jones, AJ Green category. He's more in the TY Hilton, Jarvis Landry company and I say they're probably better than him. Hopefully this is his year.

Return to The General NFL Board