bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,233

Re: Where will Romo Go after this year? 

Post#261 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:13 am

jwise44 wrote:
shawn_hemp wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
And - they get out of that contract. That alone would probably qualify them as a winner in all this.

Yeah that's what I meant, the cap room they gain alone is worth the price of a 2nd rounder considering Houston isn't overly far from competing for a SB appearance IMO

DeAndre Hopkins had a down year last season but look who was throwing him the ball

Will Fuller is one of the fastest players in the NFL and I think Braxton Miller could be a decent slot guy this year

Their defense will be on point when Watt comes back now that Clowney seems to be healthy and producing how everyone thought he would

Houston should win at least 11/12 games next year if they sign Romo, especially being in the AFC South

You underestimate us losing bouye!

I see the Jaguars aren't messing around and going after him.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 3,998

Post#262 » by Mr B » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:36 am

Well no trade yet. From what I've been hearing all afternoon is that the Texans are saying that still do not want to trade for Romo. They are definitely interested if he's released but do not want to trade.

Also the Cowboys are saying they are in no hurry to release Romo. Sounds like they are doing exactly what I wanted them to do. If no trade materializes just hold on to Romo. There is no need to cut him now. Eventually the Texans will see just how much Savage sucks. Or the Broncos will realize that Siemian is a backup having to start and that they need a veteran QB.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,424

Post#263 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:39 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
jwise44 wrote:
shawn_hemp wrote:
Yeah that's what I meant, the cap room they gain alone is worth the price of a 2nd rounder considering Houston isn't overly far from competing for a SB appearance IMO

DeAndre Hopkins had a down year last season but look who was throwing him the ball

Will Fuller is one of the fastest players in the NFL and I think Braxton Miller could be a decent slot guy this year

Their defense will be on point when Watt comes back now that Clowney seems to be healthy and producing how everyone thought he would

Houston should win at least 11/12 games next year if they sign Romo, especially being in the AFC South

You underestimate us losing bouye!

I see the Jaguars aren't messing around and going after him.

The amount of money being thrown around is mind boggling. Crazy money.

Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#264 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:40 am

Mr B wrote:Well no trade yet. From what I've been hearing all afternoon is that the Texans are saying that still do not want to trade for Romo. They are definitely interested if he's released but do not want to trade.

Also the Cowboys are saying they are in no hurry to release Romo. Sounds like they are doing exactly what I wanted them to do. If no trade materializes just hold on to Romo. There is no need to cut him now. Eventually the Texans will see just how much Savage sucks. Or the Broncos will realize that Siemian is a backup having to start and that they need a veteran QB.

I'm more with you on this one. I want Romo gone and always knew he would go, but damn it, I want something in return for Romo. Vikings gave up a first and third for Bradford. I always said we were in the driver's seat, but with Jerry you never know what happens behind the scenes.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#265 » by Mr B » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:45 am

There is a very good chance this will go on up to the draft in late April. Which I'm perfectly fine with. I'd even be willing to let this drag out into training camp. There is no way they should get compensation for a QB of Romo's caliber.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#266 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:48 am

Mr B wrote:There is a very good chance this will go on up to the draft in late April. Which I'm perfectly fine with. I'd even be willing to let this drag out into training camp. There is no way they should get compensation for a QB of Romo's caliber.

Houston way over played their hand too early. They are in a bind now having no QB. Jerry is playing poker.
jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 9,341

Post#267 » by jwise44 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:53 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:There is a very good chance this will go on up to the draft in late April. Which I'm perfectly fine with. I'd even be willing to let this drag out into training camp. There is no way they should get compensation for a QB of Romo's caliber.

Houston way over played their hand too early. They are in a bind now having no QB. Jerry is playing poker.

Rick smith plays connect 4

And loses
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#268 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:55 am

As Tom Coughlin puts all the nice pieces together in Jacksonville.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#269 » by Mr B » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:00 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:As Tom Coughlin puts all the nice pieces together in Jacksonville.

I still say that wouldn't be a bad spot for Romo. Not as good as Houston or Denver but if I were Romo I'd at least be open to Jacksonville.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#270 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:03 am

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:As Tom Coughlin puts all the nice pieces together in Jacksonville.

I still say that wouldn't be a bad spot for Romo. Not as good as Houston or Denver but if I were Romo I'd at least be open to Jacksonville.

I honestly believe Romo would do just as well if not better with the Jaguars than the Texans at this point. And they have the cap space and $$$$ to do it. Houston better **** or get off the pot or they might end up with Kaep or Cutler, :lol:
Mr B
RealGM

Post#271 » by Mr B » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:34 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:

I honestly believe Romo would do just as well if not better with the Jaguars than the Texans at this point. And they have the cap space and $$$$ to do it. Houston better **** or get off the pot or they might end up with Kaep or Cutler, :lol:

Gino Smith is still available!
jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 9,341

Post#272 » by jwise44 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:41 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:

You ain't wrong

I am starting to have a bad feeling I'm gonna be eating so much crow soon...and bjj is gonna gladly cut it up and feed it to me slowly
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#273 » by FNQ » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:52 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:

To be fair, did they have a QB before?
Mr B
RealGM

Post#274 » by Mr B » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:28 pm

FNQ wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

To be fair, did they have a QB before?

Very true. It's going to be interesting to see what they do at QB. Savage isn't going to lead them to the promised land. If they don't find a quality QB they are just waisting that defense.
RaoulDuke79
RealGM
And1: 4,152

Re: Where will Romo Go after this yar? 

Post#275 » by RaoulDuke79 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:41 pm

To think they could have grabbed Baby Carr and took Xavier instead.

Bleh.
We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,510
Location: Defending Planet Earth with a Jet-Pack & a Ray-Gun!

Post#276 » by Mr. E » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:53 pm

RaoulDuke79 wrote:To think they could have grabbed Baby Carr and took Xavier instead.

Bleh.

This is why I'm not concerned over giving up a second round pick. After thinking about some of the Texans draft decisions it feels OK.

I heard a guy today saying that the Texans should give Manziel a chance to see if he's matured. Yeah, hard pass on that one!

I don't know if they'd actually trade for Romo, though. I'm getting the feeling that Cutler will end up here.
"A fanatic is one who can't change their mind and won't change the subject."
- Winston Churchill
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#277 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:30 am

You guys ever wonder why your team always will be playing second fiddle to the Cowboys when it comes to football? The Texans already look like fools here and played their hand way too soon. After trading Osweiller, not making a play for Romo as of yet, and currently don't have a QB to go with that awesome defense is playing with fire at this point. What if Denver changes their minds and makes a play for romo now that Leary has signed their. What if another team makes a bid and steals him away. And after all that, to end up with a Cutler or Manziel would look totally insane and be a horrible waste of resources when you guys are so close in the division your playing in.
RaoulDuke79
RealGM
And1: 4,152

Post#278 » by RaoulDuke79 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:00 am

I can't imagine they would sign someone like Manziel, but then again...I can totally imagine that.

And it's horrifying.

But, it's the Texans. We had a decent QB for a few years once with Schaub, until he crumbled into a pile of irrelevant fecal matter.

Other than that, business as usual. Mediocrity at the most important position that causes a usually strong defense to pick up the slack and ultimately come up short.
We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,424

Post#279 » by Cactus Jack » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:22 am

RaoulDuke79 wrote:But, it's the Texans. We had a decent QB for a few years once with Schaub, until he crumbled into a pile of irrelevant fecal matter.

Sherm's pick 6 against him pretty much sealed his fate. That was a heck of a game! :wink:

Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Post#280 » by Otis Driftwood » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:32 am

Mr. E wrote:
RaoulDuke79 wrote:To think they could have grabbed Baby Carr and took Xavier instead.

Bleh.

This is why I'm not concerned over giving up a second round pick. After thinking about some of the Texans draft decisions it feels OK.

I heard a guy today saying that the Texans should give Manziel a chance to see if he's matured. Yeah, hard pass on that one!

I don't know if they'd actually trade for Romo, though. I'm getting the feeling that Cutler will end up here.

Good Lord...

JFF is the last guy you need.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."

Return to The General NFL Board