ImageImage

How good can our Secondary be in a year or two?

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,368

Re: How good can our Secondary be in a year or two? 

Post#21 » by M-C-G » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:45 pm

Bump
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,337

Post#22 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:10 pm

What a difference a year makes. Usually players (good one's anyway) make a nice step forward between year 1 and year 2. Our two guys did the opposite (I know, I know, injuries yada yada yada). And of course Shields going down for the count as well.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,368

Post#23 » by M-C-G » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:49 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:What a difference a year makes. Usually players (good one's anyway) make a nice step forward between year 1 and year 2. Our two guys did the opposite (I know, I know, injuries yada yada yada). And of course Shields going down for the count as well.

Like I said in the other thread, I think most people felt pretty good about where our secondary was at last year. Basically everything went wrong that could go wrong, no more evident than having to use an UDFA from the prior year against Julio Jones.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,721

Post#24 » by emunney » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:58 pm

DIS-A-POINT-ING CLAP CLAP CLAP-CLAP-CLAP
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,009

Post#25 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:00 am

I need to post more in these prediction threads. I let myself down in this one.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,969

Re: RE: Re: How good can our Secondary be in a year or two? 

Post#26 » by humanrefutation » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:11 am

ReasonablySober wrote:I need to post more in these prediction threads. I let myself down in this one.

You mischievous mod you.
Jollay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 661

Post#27 » by Jollay » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:58 pm

Hope this draft doesn't turn out to be Edwards/Vinson/McKenzie minus the McKensie...

Eric Kendricks at MLB...ugh. Would have fit like a glove.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,520

Post#28 » by Profound23 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:16 pm

Jollay wrote:Hope this draft doesn't turn out to be Edwards/Vinson/McKenzie minus the McKensie...

Yes, Or Landon Collins
Jollay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 661

Post#29 » by Jollay » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:53 pm

Profound23 wrote:
Jollay wrote:Hope this draft doesn't turn out to be Edwards/Vinson/McKenzie minus the McKensie...

Yes, Or Landon Collins

True, but I can live with that. Position of relative strength already. Plus I can say I would have passed, unlike Kendricks.

Can't live as well with a position where you pretend Nate Palmer is a legit promising starter on opening day. Or Blake Martinez beating out Carl Bradford is some sort of legit achievement.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,520

Post#30 » by Profound23 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:29 pm

Take a page out of the Vikings book and steal Xavier Rhodes next year?
XtremeDunkz
General Manager
And1: 6,815

Post#31 » by XtremeDunkz » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:50 am

I still think Rollins and Randall can continue to improve. I think injuries had a lo to do with Randalls bad year.
10/27/16
Nemesis21 wrote:It is absolutely hilarious hearing people still say Embiid has superstar potential.The guy is one injury away from being Greg Oden.:lol: Except Oden manged to play over 100 games in the NBA, I don't think Embiid will play more.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#32 » by WRau1 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:08 am

Not good.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,245

Post#33 » by rilamann » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:20 am

XtremeDunkz wrote:I still think Rollins and Randall can continue to improve. I think injuries had a lo to do with Randalls bad year.

I'm still holding out hope that Randall can pull a Davante Adams in 2017.Randall for as bad he looked last season looked pretty solid his rookie year.Hopefully it was just injuries and he can come back healthy this season.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,663

Re: RE: Re: How good can our Secondary be in a year or two? 

Post#34 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:18 am

rilamann wrote:
XtremeDunkz wrote:I still think Rollins and Randall can continue to improve. I think injuries had a lo to do with Randalls bad year.

I'm still holding out hope that Randall can pull a Davante Adams in 2017.Randall for as bad he looked last season looked pretty solid his rookie year.Hopefully it was just injuries and he can come back healthy this season.

There are some similarities with adams and randall. I think that ankle injury to adams really killed his ability to make hard cuts and without that he really struggled to get open and his struggles seemed to get in his head and snowball. Randall hurt his groin early and that certainly could have lead to him playing softer in coverage because he didnt trust his burst and from there he seemed to fall apart and he also suffered other injuries that certainly didnt help. Playing hurt is just part of being an nfl player but i do think we underestimate it as a skill young guys need to learn.

We have to hope that randall and rollins have the right mentality to put last year behind them. Adams deserves some praise for mental toughness because after 2015 everyone was calling him a bum and saying he might not make the team, he definitely could have let it get to him and went even deeper into his downward spiral.

Sent from my SM-G930V using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,246

Post#35 » by HKPackFan » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:03 am

rilamann wrote:

Ya, Randall was too good his first year to suddenly be so awful.

How does all this talent disappear?

He's stride for stride making plays on the ball in this highlights. He's jumping routes. Making tackles and acrobatic plays.

Saw none of that this season, just burn after burn after burn. I'm willing to give him a re-do, but we do need to draft 2 more corners to cover our butts.
#FreeChuckDiesel
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#36 » by FAH1223 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:53 pm

HKPackFan wrote:
rilamann wrote:

Ya, Randall was too good his first year to suddenly be so awful.

How does all this talent disappear?

He's stride for stride making plays on the ball in this highlights. He's jumping routes. Making tackles and acrobatic plays.

Saw none of that this season, just burn after burn after burn. I'm willing to give him a re-do, but we do need to draft 2 more corners to cover our butts.

We need a veteran CB in addition to a draft pick.

If only we kept Casey Hayward. He got a really affordable contract. I'm still pissed TT let him go.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,663

Post#37 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:24 pm

Is there any evidence that Hayward wanted to come back to GB? My guess is he wanted to go where he was assured playing time. Much like tretter this year. These guys are ufas so its not like the pack can just match the deal and keep them.

Sent from my SM-G930V using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,620

Post#38 » by Ron Swanson » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:51 pm

Think the young corners still have a lot of potential, Randall more so than Rollins. Gunther is just woefully out-matched as a starter and much like Hyde, you can't expect him to cover guys like Julio Jones and Stefan Diggs in space. Just need that one guy who can stabilize the secondary in the absence of Shields. You can go and get him in this draft. I still like the House idea or another veteran who knows the system and can come in a 1-2 year deal.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,330

Post#39 » by crkone » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:45 pm

Read on Twitter

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,246

Post#40 » by HKPackFan » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:57 am

House as your 3rd or 4th corner is much better than dragging guys off the parking lot like we did last year.
#FreeChuckDiesel

Return to Green Bay Packers