Early most disappointing team next season

Moderator: bwgood77

Mich3006
Head Coach
And1: 3,682

Early most disappointing team next season 

Post#1 » by Mich3006 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:19 pm

I think the Bengals have a strong chance to be dead last in their division. Losing Zeitler and Whitworth will hurt them big time and they didn´t sign any WR after losing Sanu and Jones in 2016 (main reason for their bad season last year imo).

Jets, Bears,... won´t be a surprise though.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Re: Early most disappointing team next season 

Post#2 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:39 pm

Ayatollah wrote:I think the Bengals have a strong chance to be dead last in their division. Losing Zeitler and Whitworth will hurt them big time and they didn´t sign any WR after losing Sanu and Jones in 2016 (main reason for their bad season last year imo).

Bengals have started that decline you see with teams who's window is closing. And they are making the same choices those teams tend to make with regard to Free Agents. Completely agree with you.

Bears won't be a surprise but at least you see signs they are building the right way. I thought Glennon was a good signing so I give them a bit of a pass. They won't be good in that division but no one is expecting them to be either. Arrow is pointing up.

Jets suck.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
RavenMad31
Senior
And1: 252

Post#3 » by RavenMad31 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:58 pm

Ayatollah wrote:I think the Bengals have a strong chance to be dead last in their division. Losing Zeitler and Whitworth will hurt them big time and they didn´t sign any WR after losing Sanu and Jones in 2016 (main reason for their bad season last year imo).

They won't be bad enough to fall behind the Browns next year. Plus, if you are calling them a team in decline, then I don't think it will be a surprise if they have a losing season.
I was just thinking a sophomore slump from Dak and a year that was less than last year for Elliot and Dallas is ripe to disappoint. I say they go 9-7, lose the division to the Giants and miss the playoffs.
Denver is going to continue their slide. The talk all offseason is how they need to get Romo as if they are a QB away from going back to the Super Bowl, but the reality is that Ware just retired, the architect of the defense is gone for LA and they had no O-line or running game last year. I believe they were 9-7 last year, shave at least a win, maybe two off of that total unless they get some quick production out of the draft.
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,744

Post#4 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:26 am

Maybe my Raiders? I sure as hell hope/pray not though. I sincerely hope we don't regress...
Would be crushing.
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,146

Post#5 » by bleu » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:27 am

Every team not named the Panthers will be disappointed that they don't win the Super Bowl :lol:

No, in all reality. I think the Vikings probably fall short of many expectations. The Cowboys will be a let down to anyone thinking they win 14 games again. They'll still be good, but not THAT good. As much as I hate to say it, the Chiefs will probably be a bit of a let down.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,424

Post#6 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:14 am

Gotta be Dallas :D
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#7 » by Ballerhogger » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:52 am

Im going say the Colts. I dont see this turning around any time soon.
Ballerhogger
RealGM

Post#8 » by Ballerhogger » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:56 am

bleu wrote:Every team not named the Panthers will be disappointed that they don't win the Super Bowl :lol:

No, in all reality. I think the Vikings probably fall short of many expectations. The Cowboys will be a let down to anyone thinking they win 14 games again. They'll still be good, but not THAT good. As much as I hate to say it, the Chiefs will probably be a bit of a let down.

The panthers kinda got on the roll to end the season. Peppers coming back for a year doesnt move the needle to much. Newton just needs to play better and wear the Tie his coach wants. Less me me and more lets get somthing done. His outfits in press confernces after a bad loss is not good for team morale. If hes winning and can rally the troops , all is forgotten. See what happens for Panthers this year.
Ballerhogger
RealGM

Post#9 » by Ballerhogger » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:00 am

By the way the rivera tie thing made no sense. It was just weird.
Mich3006
Head Coach
And1: 3,682

Post#10 » by Mich3006 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:58 am

RavenMad31 wrote:

They won't be bad enough to fall behind the Browns next year. Plus, if you are calling them a team in decline, then I don't think it will be a surprise if they have a losing season.
I was just thinking a sophomore slump from Dak and a year that was less than last year for Elliot and Dallas is ripe to disappoint. I say they go 9-7, lose the division to the Giants and miss the playoffs.
Denver is going to continue their slide. The talk all offseason is how they need to get Romo as if they are a QB away from going back to the Super Bowl, but the reality is that Ware just retired, the architect of the defense is gone for LA and they had no O-line or running game last year. I believe they were 9-7 last year, shave at least a win, maybe two off of that total unless they get some quick production out of the draft.

I didn´t see them declining last year, I really thought they´d contend.

Even with their former O-line Dalton got sacked 5-6 time per game, I guess that number won´t decrease next year...
Celtsfan1980
Assistant Coach
And1: 192

Post#11 » by Celtsfan1980 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:57 am

Steelers and Redskins.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#12 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:50 am

Cactus Jack wrote:Gotta be Dallas :D

Troll.

8-)
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#13 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:51 am

Ballerhogger wrote:
bleu wrote:Every team not named the Panthers will be disappointed that they don't win the Super Bowl :lol:

The panthers kinda got on the roll to end the season. Peppers coming back for a year doesnt move the needle to much. Newton just needs to play better and wear the Tie his coach wants. Less me me and more lets get somthing done. His outfits in press confernces after a bad loss is not good for team morale. If hes winning and can rally the troops , all is forgotten. See what happens for Panthers this year.

I sense sarcasm.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,233

Post#14 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:02 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:Gotta be Dallas :D

After the Jets it has to be Houston, then Seattle !! :falloff:
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,357

Post#15 » by bwgood77 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:22 pm

Whichever teams relied a great deal on rookies, particularly on offense. You have to figure they will have that sophomore slump. Defenses usually key in on the offensive tendencies on these guys. Of course it probably won't impact guys like Bosa as much though.
RavenMad31
Senior

Post#16 » by RavenMad31 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:03 am

GoRapstheoriginal wrote:Maybe my Raiders? I sure as hell hope/pray not though. I sincerely hope we don't regress...
Would be crushing.

I think you're safe there. Everyone who matters is in their prime and if they stay with the trend of making great draft picks and offseason moves, I'd expect them to be at least as good and hopefully not get a fluke injury going into the playoffs. My one concern is trusting Jack Del Rio as the long term answer at head coach.

Ayatollah wrote:
RavenMad31 wrote:

I didn´t see them declining last year, I really thought they´d contend.

Even with their former O-line Dalton got sacked 5-6 time per game, I guess that number won´t decrease next year...

Neither did I. Going into last year, I picked them to get their act together and finally win a playoff game. Shows what I know. Now, after seeing last year, I expect them to get worse, not be good, so when they suck, it'll just be back to the Bengals sucking like the world is supposed to work.

Celtsfan1980 wrote:Steelers and Redskins.

I hope you're right, especially with the Steelers. I hope Cousins gives Washington the finger and sits out this year. Some team that values a proven, productive QB will pay him a truck load of money.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,233

Post#17 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:43 pm

RavenMad31 wrote:

If the Browns have a good draft and get a decent QB, I can see the Bengals finishing last in the division. Bad element and culture going on in Cincinnati. I also agree with you that Denver is not as good as advertised. Your wrong about my Boys though. We will be a btter team next year but our record won't be as good. Last year we had a 5th place schedule which IMHO was one of the main contributing factors we were playoff ready. The young guys still have some learning to do.
RavenMad31
Senior

Post#18 » by RavenMad31 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:58 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
RavenMad31 wrote:

If the Browns have a good draft and get a decent QB, I can see the Bengals finishing last in the division. Bad element and culture going on in Cincinnati. I also agree with you that Denver is not as good as advertised. Your wrong about my Boys though. We will be a btter team next year but our record won't be as good. last year we had a 5th place schedule.

Oh BJJ, for your own sake, I wish you hadn't said that. That's EXACTLY what I said about the Bengals going into last year.
You could be right about the Browns, but there's a lot of IF in that statement and their history should make anyone skeptical. Realistically, the Browns should expect no more than 5 wins next year and if they're smart, they'll be comfortable with that provided the draft picks produce or at least show promise. To make a comparison, this year's Browns team should be similar to the '89 Cowboys. It shouldn't be measured in wins, but in draft value.
To get the thread back on track, I think anyone who is expecting a bounce back or some kind of return to form from the Panthers is going to be disappointed. He's now played 7 years and Cam Newton is a just-above-.500 qb who has managed to ride the wave of a couple nice seasons when the defense played very well. Unless someone sees the defense doing an about face from #26 scoring defense to top ten again in a division with Drew Brees, Matt Ryan and an upward trending Jameis Winston, I'd expect something more in the neighborhood of 6-9 wins.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,357

Post#19 » by bwgood77 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:09 pm

Probably the Cowboys. Sophomore slump time.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#20 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:16 pm

bwgood77 wrote:Probably the Cowboys. Sophomore slump time.

That's my worry. Not so much on offense - I actually think they will be OK. But our defense is going to be young. Really, really young. And the schedule will be significantly tougher. Add to that the Giants appear to have improved and the Iggles have WR's now where they didn't last year...

Return to The General NFL Board