ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA - Sun 3/12 - Sat 3/18 - Tank Wars Edition or How To Catch A Tank

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Kinglee
Analyst
And1: 1,177

Re: Around the NBA - Sun 3/12 - Sat 3/18 - Tank Wars Edition or How To Catch A Tank 

Post#41 » by Kinglee » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:03 am

Nurkic

15/10/4/2 52% fg since being traded to Portland. How the hell did Denver end up with two of these goddamn beast at center?
Kinglee
Analyst

Re: Around the NBA - Sun 3/12 - Sat 3/18 - Tank Wars Edition or How To Catch A Tank 

Post#42 » by Kinglee » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:06 am

Jrue Holiday is trash. I don't care what his numbers say, I'm a believer of going with what my eyes show me. I don't know why this is the point guard we are targeting, but dude is trash.
sushibear
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,984

Post#43 » by sushibear » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:27 am

i dont know about you all but i would do jahlil okafor for willy in a heart beat. dude just needs to be better defensively but that can be fixed. hes still young.
aq_ua
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,180

Post#44 » by aq_ua » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:44 am

sushibear wrote:i dont know about you all but i would do jahlil okafor for willy in a heart beat. dude just needs to be better defensively but that can be fixed. hes still young.

I am firmly of the view that Jahlil Okafor is just another name for Eddy Curry.
Red Vines
RealGM
And1: 8,575

Post#45 » by Red Vines » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:46 am

Philly should be in the playoff hunt next year.
sushibear
Lead Assistant

Post#46 » by sushibear » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:07 am

aq_ua wrote:
sushibear wrote:i dont know about you all but i would do jahlil okafor for willy in a heart beat. dude just needs to be better defensively but that can be fixed. hes still young.

I am firmly of the view that Jahlil Okafor is just another name for Eddy Curry.

Hes a hell of a talent. no way is he eddy curry. eddy curry weighs more than shaq
PeteW
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,576

Post#47 » by PeteW » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:09 am

Philly playing GS tough, they're a scrappy bunch.
reub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,309

Post#48 » by reub » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:11 am

Philly blundered by giving away Noel and Okafor can't shine Willy's shoes. They only know how to lose.
SelbyCobra
General Manager
And1: 17,843

Post#49 » by SelbyCobra » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:15 am

I'm going to be completely honest here: I'm dumb in this process (2017 NBA Draft research) thus far and am basing this on nothing other than scouting reports, highlight videos, and an ignorant gut feeling, but Malik Monk is the guy I want in the draft if we can't land Ball. There's something about a guy who can get buckets while simultaneously being efficient from everywhere on the floor that is wildly appealing to me.

Yes, I understand it's irrational. And it goes totally against my general desire for well-rounded players and/or playmakers. And he's got T-Rex arms to boot. But he's so efficient at 19 years old already even if he does nothing else.
sushibear
Lead Assistant

Post#50 » by sushibear » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:19 am

fuq it man sixers are my second favorite team. love their young guys esp that mconnel dude
Blockwatcher
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,174

Post#51 » by Blockwatcher » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:25 pm

TANK RANK
TODAY'S GAMES' DRAFT IMPACT SCORES
Wednesday March 15............VTankHelpV
SAC Sac 88.5 Phx PHX............SAC
NO No 72.3 Mia MIA.............NO
CHA Cha 57.7 Ind IND..............CHA
LAL Lal 53.8 Hou HOU.......unimportant
MEM Mem 53.1 Chi CHI..............CHI
DAL Dal 51.5 Was WAS.............DAL
MIN Min 50.0 Bos BOS..............MIN
MIL Mil 42.3 Lac LAC..............MIL
POR Por 39.2 Sa SA.................POR
UTA Uta 28.5 Det DET..............DET
1 John 2 : 15-17
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#52 » by Dr. Detfink » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:25 pm

I like Philly too. The Front court of PF Ben Simmons and C Embiid looks filthy.

I just can't see Okafor flourishing on this team. He's such a different kid before all those off court incidents. I think the off-court incidents in Philly always have him concerned that trouble will follow him.

Noel is injured in Dallas. I never saw the upside to him. He's a good hustle player but he's nothing more than a decent role player or a good player on a craptastic team.
Dr. Detfink
RealGM

Post#53 » by Dr. Detfink » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:29 pm

Also yet another win with Cousins and Davis playing side by side.
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,285

Post#54 » by RHODEY » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:32 pm

ozwizard8 wrote:
RHODEY wrote:Lakers are rearming for the tank wars...http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/245288/Lakers-Shut-Down-Timofey-Mozgov-To-Give-Playing-Time-To-Younger-Bigs If only our management could be as shameless and despicable

After what Lebron did 2 times in last 7 years i dont think tanking hard is shameless move.
Lebron still cries when he doesnt have the best team in the league. But his fans and all bball media praising him for 6 consecutive NBA Finals. He always played with bunch of other franchise players in last 6 years but somehow he got the all praise not critics.

Anyway its similar to Lebron's despicable hunt for success.
Lakers management knows that NO ONE going to remember what they did in last 20 games of their meaningless 16-17 season.
If they draft Fultz and become contender in next 2-3 years, everyone going to praise them.
I dont think people care much how they did it.

Lakers might become successful in 2020's and we may still suck. I know that no one going to defend Knicks franchise for our meaningless wins in 16-17 season.

Lets be honest; we are tanking accidentally again.
We didnt tank for KP. Phil Jackson's plan sucks too much and somehow it becomes a tanking season.

True its not despicable but it is shameless. Nothing wrong with that. Shameless tanking means you dont care if it looks like tanking from the outside. We should definitely follow suit, but we definitely wont...
digitaldropoff
Starter
And1: 520

Post#55 » by digitaldropoff » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:07 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:
digitaldropoff wrote:
LOL....yeah, because Ricky didn't slow down John Wall and KAT had a monster game....Ricky had a very small hand in helping in that win. Who exactly slows Wall down from doing what he wants to? Fact is, Rubio essentially went punch for punch with Wall by matching his pace. The Wolves were able to run just as much as the Wiz, who are an incredible fastbreak team. Ricky will always have his haters, but he's been playing out of his mind the past 15-20 games.

Rubio would have made the Knicks so much better, but the Knicks rightfully didn't want to give up their pick or Willy.....which would have been the actual cost of Rubio, not Rose.

:lol: Why does Rose even play anymore.....no one wants that guy.

Stop. This is ridiculous. Rose is an expiring. Rubio has TWO more seasons. He's no starter.

John Wall 14-19 from the free throw line. How do you break down a Thibs defense? You penetrate and draw fouls to loosen up the action. Finished with 27 pts. Outside of Bradley Beal who is a weapon on that front court? Morris? No. Gortat? Pulease. Porter Jr? Maybe.

Rubio is a victim every time of pick and rolls. He's horrible shooter. 13% LOWER in the paint. I DO appreciate how the Wolves are dressing him cause someone will be stupid enough to pick up that contract.

OWNED.

Owned? Did you even read what you wrote? First, you dismiss this hottest team coming into that game. Nevermind how you didn't address what I started with....that no one slows down John Wall. Even you avoiding that, you call out Wiz guys like they are scrubs playing for the Knicks. Gortat is a solid center, Morris is a solid tweener, Porter is one of the most up and coming guys in the NBA, also leading in three pt percentage...lol, but yeah, besides those guys, Beal, and Wall...who do they got?!

You can spout off all the bull you'd like.....it still doesn't change the fact that no one wants Rose except for Phil Jackson 6 months ago...now, no one does. He's a worse basketball player than Ricky Rubio, and it's not debatable. Further, Rubio is paid respectable money to be an average starter......saying that someone would be stupid to pick up his contract is just silly, even more so, coming from a team that hired Noah for four years. :lol:
Dr. Detfink
RealGM

Post#56 » by Dr. Detfink » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:16 pm

digitaldropoff wrote:
Owned? Did you even read what you wrote? First, you dismiss this hottest team coming into that game. Nevermind how you didn't address what I started with....that no one slows down John Wall. Even you avoiding that, you call out Wiz guys like they are scrubs playing for the Knicks. Gortat is a solid center, Morris is a solid tweener, Porter is one of the most up and coming guys in the NBA, also leading in three pt percentage...lol, but yeah, besides those guys, Beal, and Wall...who do they got?!

You can spout off all the bull you'd like.....it still doesn't change the fact that no one wants Rose except for Phil Jackson 6 months ago...now, no one does. He's a worse basketball player than Ricky Rubio, and it's not debatable. Further, Rubio is paid respectable money to be an average starter......saying that someone would be stupid to pick up his contract is just silly, even more so, coming from a team that hired Noah for four years. :lol:

Well, let's see here....Toronto, Golden State, OKC just to name a few. Wall plays in the East where he doesn't have to get up and face Harden, Westbrook, Curry, Leonard but he's still given a hard time against Toronto even without Lowry.

So don't get all crazy.

FU#K Rose. The ONLY reason why Derrick Rose was the better option, because he's $20M off the books at the end of the season. Rubio has TWENTY-SEVEN MILLION owed over the next 2 seasons.

NO. He is not a difference maker. He can't defend the pick and roll. He can't shoot. He's a terrible drive to the basket.

He's a younger Jose Calderon.

The Wolves tried desperately to fu#k the Knicks but when the Knicks requested a first rounder or some combination of picks for taking on additional payroll. The Wolves balked.

Teams know how to handle Rubio.

Knicks need to get BIGGER, FASTER, CHEAPER, and YOUNGER. That's not Rubio. Sorry.
Blockwatcher
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,174

Post#57 » by Blockwatcher » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:10 am

Come on mavericks finish this
1 John 2 : 15-17
islanders11040
Head Coach
And1: 6,926

Post#58 » by islanders11040 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:32 am

Blockwatcher wrote:Come on mavericks finish this

Mavs got this. Time to pray for the Pelicans :pray:
Kinglee
Analyst

Post#59 » by Kinglee » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:49 am

Why every time something isn't going well, the star players have to be called a bad fit? Why can't it be the coaching is bad or the team have a lack of talent? Why do people be so quick to say something is a bad fit?
whocares1
General Manager
And1: 5,975

Post#60 » by whocares1 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:54 am

Kinglee wrote:Why every time something isn't going well, the star players have to be called a bad fit? Why can't it be the coaching is bad or the team have a lack of talent? Why do people be so quick to say something is a bad fit?

Coaches are literally the first people blamed. Then star players then the rest of the squad. That's why coaching turnover is high.

Return to New York Knicks