ImageImageImageImageImage

2017 / 2018 Season FA/Trade Wishing Well

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Clyde Frazier
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,274

Re: 2017 FA/Trade Wishing Well - 5 Card Stud Edition 

Post#361 » by Clyde Frazier » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:20 am

Mudiay has pretty much bottomed out in Denver. I haven't given up on him, tho. What would you consider a reasonable offer for both parties?
Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,536

Post#362 » by Meat » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:07 pm

Clyde Frazier wrote:Mudiay has pretty much bottomed out in Denver. I haven't given up on him, tho. What would you consider a reasonable offer for both parties?
if they're trading, they should try for exum
Clyde Frazier
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#363 » by Clyde Frazier » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:21 pm

Meat wrote:
Clyde Frazier wrote:Mudiay has pretty much bottomed out in Denver. I haven't given up on him, tho. What would you consider a reasonable offer for both parties?

I meant reasonable offer for knicks / nuggets.
aq_ua
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,177

Post#364 » by aq_ua » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:38 pm

Clyde Frazier wrote:
Meat wrote:

Kyle and our two second round picks.
digitaldropoff
Starter
And1: 520

Post#365 » by digitaldropoff » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:38 am

aq_ua wrote:
Clyde Frazier wrote:
Meat wrote: if they're trading, they should try for exum

The problem with former lotto picks is that their teams use where they picked the guy pair with the youth and potential and still demand a high price, regardless if they are actually worth it or not.
Clyde Frazier
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#366 » by Clyde Frazier » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:03 am

digitaldropoff wrote:
aq_ua wrote:
Clyde Frazier wrote:

The problem with former lotto picks is that their teams use where they picked the guy pair with the youth and potential and still demand a high price, regardless if they are actually worth it or not.

Agree in principle, but they seem totally done with him. His value has plummeted, so either they take what they can get, or they're stuck with him.
andyhop
Analyst
And1: 1,274

Post#367 » by andyhop » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:20 am

Clyde Frazier wrote:
digitaldropoff wrote:
aq_ua wrote:Kyle and our two second round picks.

Agree in principle, but they seem totally done with him. His value has plummeted, so either they take what they can get, or they're stuck with him.

I'm not sure they are done with him as much as they are going all out to make the playoffs this year and are prioritising that over developement
"Football is not a matter of life and death...it's much more important than that."- Bill Shankley
eagle54
Pro Prospect
And1: 502

Post#368 » by eagle54 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:19 am

2 seconds picks and KOQ for mudiay ? too expansive, he isn't in Denver rotation now and his season is very complicated. I'm not convinced by him this year ( Lots of To, no shoots, poor D).
Bklyn&company
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,051

Post#369 » by Bklyn&company » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:41 pm

Question who wants Otto Porter Jr.?
With Rose contract off the books and say we trade K.Quinn and Kuz (who is not an NBA player) for a Future pick, basically a salary dump... is $25 million per enough ($100 at 4 years) to get Washington not to match? I feel Porter will be great in a front with KP and with or without Melo.... he is in that beginner mode where K.Leonard and J.Butler was before they turned the corner and went to another level.

Porter is only 23yrs old... basically the only player in 2017 free agency I would want us to throw all our cap money at... with drafting a point guard.

WHat the hell was Phil thinking in given a broken down Noah that huge contract and Kuz is a waste of $3 million and roster space... Noah contract is scary disgusting and prevented us from sign, or atleast be a potential designation for a Durant or Chris Paul etc.... especially Durant who GSW is going to have trouble resign him and Curry.

Phil/Mills are numbers idiot! Mills doing the same garbage he did with Isiah Thomas... smh... he better get this right this summer
alphad0gz
Analyst
And1: 405

Post#370 » by alphad0gz » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:00 pm

Clyde Frazier wrote:
digitaldropoff wrote:
aq_ua wrote:Kyle and our two second round picks.

Why would we want him? He is exactly as many of us figured he would be. He will never be a very good NBA player.
Clyde Frazier
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#371 » by Clyde Frazier » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:19 pm

alphad0gz wrote:
Clyde Frazier wrote:
digitaldropoff wrote:

Why would we want him? He is exactly as many of us figured he would be. He will never be a very good NBA player.

Nah, jury isn't out yet. Just turned 21, and I'd jump on bringing him here if the price was low. Could run the P&R / penetrate and dish better than anyone we've had since 2013 Felton.
swisscheeseD
NCAA Bracket Challenge Champion
And1: 4,239

Post#372 » by swisscheeseD » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:39 pm

Bklyn&company wrote:Question who wants Otto Porter Jr.?

Washington.

And as for the rest of your long-winded post, you're only setting yourself up for disappointment in this Front Office with the lofty expectations of an Otto Porter Jr. Free Agency acquistion.
Chicago Bulls

PG: Kemba Walker / T.Rozier / B.Wannamaker
SG: Donte DiVincenzo / T.Ross / P.Connaughton
SF: Kawhi Leonard / R.O’Neale / Caleb Martin
PF: Draymond Green / B.Portis / A.Aminu
C: Jonas Valanciunas / M.Harrell / F.Kaminsky
Bklyn&company
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,051

Post#373 » by Bklyn&company » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:32 pm

swisscheeseD wrote:
Bklyn&company wrote:Question who wants Otto Porter Jr.?

Washington.

And as for the rest of your long-winded post, you're only setting yourself up for disappointment in this Front Office with the lofty expectations of an Otto Porter Jr. Free Agency acquistion.

Not disappointment, just hope... maybe we will get something right. Also if the post is long-winded for you and too much for you to take... why are you reading it? Are you offended by something? Clown, LOL
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,363

Post#374 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:42 pm

Looks like DWade will opt out of his contract with da Bulls.

knickstape4ever
Head Coach
And1: 7,026

Post#375 » by knickstape4ever » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:56 pm

Real question...what can we get for Melo in the offseason? It seems like his time here is coming to an end
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,681

Post#376 » by Knicksfan1992 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:03 pm

knickstape4ever wrote:Real question...what can we get for Melo in the offseason? It seems like his time here is coming to an end

Probably a mid 1st, a b-grade level prospect, and a bad contract of some sort unless Boston flames out and decides to pony up while Melo expands his list of teams.
knickstape4ever
Head Coach
And1: 7,026

Post#377 » by knickstape4ever » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:17 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:
knickstape4ever wrote:Real question...what can we get for Melo in the offseason? It seems like his time here is coming to an end

Probably a mid 1st, a b-grade level prospect, and a bad contract of some sort unless Boston flames out and decides to pony up while Melo expands his list of teams.

I'd kill for another lottery pick. Heck, George Hill fetched one last year.

Wonder if Melo would accept a deal to the Lakers; they've got some young pieces they could trade like Russell, Clarkson, Ingram, Randle. They have the assets to get both Melo and PG13

BOS would be ideal. Really like Jaylen Brown, better than Ingram
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,681

Post#378 » by Knicksfan1992 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:35 pm

knickstape4ever wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:

I'd kill for another lottery pick. Heck, George Hill fetched one last year.

Wonder if Melo would accept a deal to the Lakers; they've got some young pieces they could trade like Russell, Clarkson, Ingram, Randle. They have the assets to get both Melo and PG13

BOS would be ideal. Really like Jaylen Brown, better than Ingram

It's just so hard to get a team with high enough picks to commit to a guy who maybe has 2 years of high level play left. Most teams who would want Melo feel like they can win a title now and don't have the assets we crave so we're kind of stuck. Honestly

I don't think it really matters if we trade Melo anyway. We've shown we can lose big with him. The issue with Boston is Brooklyn is just so damn bad that they can't possibly trade the potential number 1 pick for a guy like Melo and their own pick is past 20 so we don't want any part of that obviously.

I have a feeling if Brooklyn was slotted in the 6-12 range of this years draft Melo would probably be a Celtic at this point. But Boston would be dumb to give up that number 1 pick for 2 good years of Melo.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,158

Post#379 » by KnicksGod » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:41 am

O'Quinn and 2nds for Ulis? Nah they probably won't deal him.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,363

Post#380 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:52 am

Not interested in Mudiay

Return to New York Knicks