Warriors upset because KD was not pampered by OKC mgmt. For real?

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Thabo Sefolosha
Thunder Forum The Opening Tip
And1: 6,504

Re: Warriors upset because KD was not pampered by OKC mgmt. For real? 

Post#61 » by Thabo Sefolosha » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:18 pm

Are GSW mad at San Antonio for not giving David West a tribute too?
BadWolf
General Manager
And1: 3,227

Post#62 » by BadWolf » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:21 pm

bondom34 wrote:They really should bake him a batch of cupcakes.

that would be ... perfect. Would probably start a brawl, but totally worth the fine.
nbafan38
Head Coach
And1: 5,307

Post#63 » by nbafan38 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:22 pm

Durant is really such an I don't know what. Lebron was treated 1000X worse when he went to Miami and you didn't see the heat organization moaning about the way he was treated in Cleveland.
Edrees
RealGM
And1: 11,114

Post#64 » by Edrees » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:26 pm

Bolivar wrote:It will be a great day once this franchise isn't a contender anymore.

But you'll just hate the contender that replaces them so your day would probably be just as bad

Am the only one who sees this for what it truly is? Warriors doing their part to making sure KD resigns there. It's obvious. They want him to feel like they've got his back.
HeartBreaking
Starter
And1: 2,313

Post#65 » by HeartBreaking » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:28 pm

should have cupped his ballsack and this wouldn't be an issue
PaulieWal wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:He's going to get fined by the league for that. Marv Albert was actually saying don't do that, don't do that. Meanwhile half the audience was thinking Marv should know.

That's Kevin Harlan.
hongdayuan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,793

Post#66 » by hongdayuan » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:29 pm

nbafan38 wrote:
hongdayuan wrote:A wiretap article talks about warriors mindset in feb yet only quoting Okc management from July. And now realgm celebrating as they just found a new reason to hate the warriors, and it's not even like they need any more reasons.

Quick, it's abt the warriors, you can leave your rationales behind.

Because OKC management did what they needed to do in July when he left, they were respectful and classy. It's absolutely ridiculous to say that OKC management need to throw a whole big thank you welcome to Durant in February months after he left. Both Durant has moved on and the OKC franchise has moved on from him by that point.

Sure realgm has an anti-warrior bias I will acknowledge that but the warriors do it to themselves, Green and even at times their higher ups make really quite frankly narcissistic comments.

I have no problem with what OKC did. I'm questioning the truth in warriors management's complaint. Like if the article is talking abt warriors complaining, give us a quote from them, not a quote from OKC management when kd just left.
Bolivar
Starter
And1: 4,321

Post#67 » by Bolivar » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:31 pm

Edrees wrote:
Bolivar wrote:It will be a great day once this franchise isn't a contender anymore.

But you'll just hate the contender that replaces them so your day would probably be just as bad

Point taken, but I think there will be a year or two before the new contender becomes despicable :lol:
mvpshaq32
Starter
And1: 2,265

Post#68 » by mvpshaq32 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:50 pm

honestly, they should be rolling out the red carpet for the best player in Thunder franchise history.

I wouldn't settle for anything less than the entire Thunder roster cooking up a 5-star pre-game meal for the Warriors with a side of gourmet cupcakes with frosting that says "Thanks KD" and other personal messages from the kids whose lives KD has touched. If Westbrook wants, he can do his little dances in the visitor locker room for entertainment until tip-off
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,199

Post#69 » by bondom34 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:52 pm

hongdayuan wrote:
nbafan38 wrote:
hongdayuan wrote:A wiretap article talks about warriors mindset in feb yet only quoting Okc management from July. And now realgm celebrating as they just found a new reason to hate the warriors, and it's not even like they need any more reasons.

Quick, it's abt the warriors, you can leave your rationales behind.

Because OKC management did what they needed to do in July when he left, they were respectful and classy. It's absolutely ridiculous to say that OKC management need to throw a whole big thank you welcome to Durant in February months after he left. Both Durant has moved on and the OKC franchise has moved on from him by that point.

Sure realgm has an anti-warrior bias I will acknowledge that but the warriors do it to themselves, Green and even at times their higher ups make really quite frankly narcissistic comments.

I have no problem with what OKC did. I'm questioning the truth in warriors management's complaint. Like if the article is talking abt warriors complaining, give us a quote from them, not a quote from OKC management when kd just left.

It mentions GSW complaining after the February game, and is written by a guy who generally follows Golden State.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,199

Post#70 » by bondom34 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:55 pm

Kerr to save the day.

Read on Twitter
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
hongdayuan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,793

Post#71 » by hongdayuan » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:59 pm

bondom34 wrote:
hongdayuan wrote:
nbafan38 wrote:

It mentions GSW complaining after the February game, and is written by a guy who generally follows Golden State.

Thanks for the info and thanks for the video u posted below. If a report is true then everyone is entitled to their opinions. However there are some reporters that have been biased towards kd and warriors this season (eg Royce young). I'm just hoping crowds to get drawn into individuals agenda.
They_Them_Hatin
Sixth Man
And1: 548

Post#72 » by They_Them_Hatin » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:17 pm

Michael Lucky wrote:
Anyways, the Warriors have no reason to complain about how Durant was treated. On the other hand, what his mother had to take while attending the game was completely disgusting.

Can you link an article please?
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,330

Post#73 » by Texas Chuck » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:35 pm

bondom34 wrote:Kerr to save the day.

Read on Twitter

If I am ever elected President, I am giving Steve Kerr the Sean Spicer role. And just so everyone is clear, I am not comparing Kerr to Spicer in any way, but rather than who better to speak for me/do PR than Kerr. He is the ultimate master.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Yoshun
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,644

Post#74 » by Yoshun » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:58 pm

Glad to see other people questioned the legitimacy of this.
Perishable517
Analyst
And1: 1,934

Post#75 » by Perishable517 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:30 pm

Simmons25 wrote:LOL honestly... the Warriors have become so full of themselves. Never seen a franchise so full of their own self importance.

Hate to be the person that cleans all the mirrors in their change rooms.

Ewww.
" If you take away the alc l r g on Malcolm Brogdon is Mom Bod :("
- emunney

"I’d place the phone directly between my cheeks while I let one rip right in John Hammond’s ear."
- BroncoBuck
ShazamDaShiznt
Analyst
And1: 4,766

Post#76 » by ShazamDaShiznt » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:30 pm

London2Boston wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:
ShazamDaShiznt wrote:
Do you really think a man whos making millions of dollars playing in cali is going to really care what the midwest americans think of him?

The implication that people in California are somehow better than in Middle America is pretty rich.

You would think there was a lesson from the Election.. :lol:

what does election have to do with this? Yall coming up with some of these examples just to try to sound smart :lol: in election every vote has the same value, so if you are giving this example you are saying that for KD every teams fanbase matters the same :lol:

KD is playing in one of the most attractive free agent destinations, while basically having the highest chance of winning a title. Oklahoma chapter is a history, he wasn't born in that state, he aint got family living there, all he did out there was his job. I'm pretty sure you dont care about every ex co-worker either.
Texas Chuck
And1: 88,330

Post#77 » by Texas Chuck » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:42 pm

ShazamDaShiznt wrote:
London2Boston wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:
The implication that people in California are somehow better than in Middle America is pretty rich.

You would think there was a lesson from the Election.. :lol:

what does election have to do with this? Yall coming up with some of these examples just to try to sound smart :lol: in election every vote has the same value, so if you are giving this example you are saying that for KD every teams fanbase matters the same :lol:

KD is playing in one of the most attractive free agent destinations, while basically having the highest chance of winning a title. Oklahoma chapter is a history, he wasn't born in that state, he aint got family living there, all he did out there was his job. I'm pretty sure you dont care about every ex co-worker either.

Well I didn't speak of any election. I think if you meant that Durant no longer cares what the OKC fans think of him, that's a totally fine and reasonable assumption. It's just you didn't say that. You made a broad generalization implying Californians' opinions are somehow more valuable than another entire region of the country.

It's certainly possible KD feels the way you suggest he does, but I'm not sure you've actually established that, have you? And based on what we know about KD and what we've heard directly from him(not even counting this specific topic) then yeah I believe he does care very much what people think of him--including those in the MidWest.

But again I'm basing that belief not on my own opinions or my own assumptions about what a rich athlete might think, but rather on the words that have come directly from Kevin Durant.

I mean this is a stupid story that appears to be written out of some sort of misguided jealousy towards the Warriors and that's disappointing. I'm just not a fan of retaliating against an entire region of people based one person's "reporting".
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Starboy
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,192

Post#78 » by Starboy » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:48 pm

Patches Perry wrote:Even the Warriors fans can't defend this one, keep calling it a non-story, it only translates into stop making this a story because it's embarrassing.

What is there to defend? It's a non-story because only the media is making it a story using "sources". :noway:
Phase 3
Veteran
And1: 758

Post#79 » by Phase 3 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:50 pm

lol at the outrage over this clearly fake news.
ShazamDaShiznt
Analyst
And1: 4,766

Post#80 » by ShazamDaShiznt » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:04 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
Well I didn't speak of any election. I think if you meant that Durant no longer cares what the OKC fans think of him, that's a totally fine and reasonable assumption. It's just you didn't say that. You made a broad generalization implying Californians' opinions are somehow more valuable than another entire region of the country.

It's certainly possible KD feels the way you suggest he does, but I'm not sure you've actually established that, have you? And based on what we know about KD and what we've heard directly from him(not even counting this specific topic) then yeah I believe he does care very much what people think of him--including those in the MidWest.

But again I'm basing that belief not on my own opinions or my own assumptions about what a rich athlete might think, but rather on the words that have come directly from Kevin Durant.

I mean this is a stupid story that appears to be written out of some sort of misguided jealousy towards the Warriors and that's disappointing. I'm just not a fan of retaliating against an entire region of people based one person's "reporting".

thats what I wanted to say. I may have used wrong words, it happens. Hes on another team, playing in a way more attractive place than oklahoma, which is nothing wrong with that, so he really shouldn't care what oklahoma fans think about him. If he cared about them fans so much he would have stayed in oklahoma. He was one win away from the finals and he chose obvious ring chasing over fans. He knew if he left them for warriors they would never like him again, he's a professional who had time to make his decision, so I am not sure why would he care about oklahoma fans, it's over.
Those interviews may be his true feelings or he may have said a few words for a reason to bring more attention to this KD and oklahoma storyline as this current nba season has way too many chatty patty rumors and social media "beefing"

Return to The General Board