Warriors upset because KD was not pampered by OKC mgmt. For real?

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,199

Re: Warriors upset because KD was not pampered by OKC mgmt. For real? 

Post#101 » by bondom34 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:11 pm

Rapcity_11 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
NeoWarriors wrote: I suspect his source is Royce Young. .

I mean, considering this same writer trashed Westbrook in February and Young instantly tweeted out Presti's reply, going to go no here. But if it makes anyone feel better to trash Royce sure. He's a good writer.

Royce's homerism is a little over the top for me, but I've noticed he gets a lot of respect from fellow writers.

Oh yeah he's a homer, but pretty much all the ESPN truehoop guys seem to be. ESS is another, Haynes as well. A few teams still have em.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,126

Post#102 » by MartinToVaught » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:15 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:Warriors are the best team in the league...will win this years title....and will win two or three more.
Spurs had two of the best big men of all time....top number lottery picks when they had no business getting them....and gacked to the Lakers and Cavs....should have been a dynasty but under achieved.
Cavs garbage their way to one championship ...ever. Lebron feasting on a week East with a bunch of second tier wannabes.
Houston....pretenders...Teams that don't play defense don't win championships. Period.
Clippers...floppers...fading CP3 who will sign a long term deal only to hamper the Clippers over the next 5 years...like an over paid pitcher with a bad arm.

Have a nice day :)

3-1... 'nuff said.
OsuCavsfan103
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,047

Post#103 » by OsuCavsfan103 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:15 pm

Patches Perry wrote:
OsuCavsfan103 wrote:
Patches Perry wrote:
Most people believe the Earth is spherical because their textbook told them so.

And because it makes F ing sense lol

There is far more evidence for sphere, but nobody is above indoctrination. People will generally just believe what they're taught by people they trust. If textbooks taught flat earth, most people would believe that. Indoctrinating someone into the right view doesn't mean it isn't indoctrination.

Far is an understatement, there is tons of proof of spherical, zero proof the earth is flat. It goes beyond textbooks merely teaching it though. Fly on a plane, how could you fly west to go to Asia, and also technically east connecting in say LHR or Dubai to get to Asia?

History shows textbooks and even what people tell you can in fact influence someone's beliefs, but it also takes a person growing up and actually realizing it for itself in many cases.

Questioning is fine for things there isn't necessarily tangible proof, but there comes a point and time with certain things were it's clear it's X, and any belief of Y is out of shear stubbornness or arrogance.
mvpshaq32
Starter
And1: 2,265

Post#104 » by mvpshaq32 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:31 pm

LouisLitt wrote:
mvpshaq32 wrote:the people in this thread are the type to believe the Earth is flat if their textbooks told them so

I think it speaks more to the fact that the Warriors think they're something they're not, which is a storied winning franchise.

The fact that this sounds remotely like something they'd do, is really sad.

and that is why people are so easily taken advantage of.
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#105 » by MartinToVaught » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:43 pm

Where was all this hypersensitivity to "fake news" when LeBron asked for a serviceable backup point guard to eat some minutes and got accused of demanding a superstar to come carry him to a ring? So many people on this board hopped on the bandwagon and started calling LeBron a diva, a crybaby, questioning his desire to compete, etc. I guess negative stories should only be viewed with skepticism when they're about the Warriors?
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,496

Post#106 » by zimpy27 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:05 pm

This is pretty bad if true
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
AdagioPace
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,123

Post#107 » by AdagioPace » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:11 pm

mixerball wrote:if you transfer to a rival club you are hated forever and security precautions have to be implemented for that guys safety. this is in football and basketball. by europe he means europe.

semi-OT
nothing serious has to be implemented to protect single players. Security measures are often already strenghtened if the 2 teams facing each other are in a feud,regardless of the players playing. Moreover the distance between the football field and the hooligans is massive in football/soccer so to represents a natural barrier for contact. Yeah, players are insulted but from the stands. You have to be able to withstand that,psychologically. There's no real physical danger. Also, there's only 1 time in the entire season an ex player can go to play in his former city (danger is nonexistent if the player has moved in another league)

to be fair
The only "sensitive" case I remember is Fabio Quagliarella who's been threatened for years by bullies/stalkers in Neaples for joining Juve and this gained local national relevance. This case was archived only a couple of days ago with the arrest of the stalker because Fabio didn't offer informations but kept refusing playing in his former (but native) city,every year, without explanations. So it was complicated for the Police

Maybe there are some other examples in western europe, Spain,England and France,Germany that I don't remember, nothing serious.
Goetze,Lewandowski and Hummels that moved from Dortmund to Bayern are candidates but there was nothing, I don't think fans of BVB are angry. They've become stoics and accepted the subordination :D

end OT
"La natura gode della natura; la natura trionfa sulla natura; la natura domina la natura" - Ostanes
NBAFan93
RealGM
And1: 14,221

Post#108 » by NBAFan93 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:58 pm

So based on the post above about players getting hate for transferring - is there no "trading" of players in Europe? For instance like what happened w/ cousins recently - do trades like that not happen or if they do in cases like this do the fans give the player a pass on the hate?

It's interesting that fans take ring chasing that serious over there, but you'd hope no one was ever actually physically hurt over a sports game.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,399

Post#109 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:02 am

NBAFan93 wrote:So based on the post above about players getting hate for transferring - is there no "trading" of players in Europe? For instance like what happened w/ cousins recently - do trades like that not happen or if they do in cases like this do the fans give the player a pass on the hate?

Its very rare for a player for player trade. Its almost extensively a player/money exchange.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 10,411

Post#110 » by TMU » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:04 am

Are they serious about this bickering? OKC owes them nothing.
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#111 » by Ballerhogger » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:07 am

Bomani Jones ESPN raido , said he's heard KD's mom has been called horrible words. His mom.. ok , i understand KD ripped the heart out of Thunder fans but give me a break if that true.
Prius
Junior
And1: 324

Post#112 » by Prius » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:07 am

MartinToVaught wrote:
ILOVEIT wrote:Warriors are the best team in the league...will win this years title....and will win two or three more.
Spurs had two of the best big men of all time....top number lottery picks when they had no business getting them....and gacked to the Lakers and Cavs....should have been a dynasty but under achieved.
Cavs garbage their way to one championship ...ever. Lebron feasting on a week East with a bunch of second tier wannabes.
Houston....pretenders...Teams that don't play defense don't win championships. Period.
Clippers...floppers...fading CP3 who will sign a long term deal only to hamper the Clippers over the next 5 years...like an over paid pitcher with a bad arm.

3-1... 'nuff said.

ZERO championships, ZERO WCF championships, ZERO WCF appearances and a treadmill team for the past 6 years. Nuff said. Actually I'm just going to say this last part, I almost felt bad posting those facts, almost. lmao.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#113 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:07 am

TMU wrote:What a bunch of sociopaths and self-centered bastards... are they serious about this bickering? OKC owes them nothing.

Maybe a few of the players feel this way. But, the Media is trying to create buzz for tonight's game. Nothing more.
Starboy
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,192

Post#114 » by Starboy » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:08 am

MartinToVaught wrote:
Clippers...floppers...fading CP3 who will sign a long term deal only to hamper the Clippers over the next 5 years...like an over paid pitcher with a bad ar

3-1... 'nuff said.

Clippers "fans" talking about 3-1? Really?
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#115 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:08 am

Ballerhogger wrote:Bomani Jones ESPN raido , said he's heard KD's mom has been called horrible words. His mom.. ok , i understand KD ripped the heart out of Thunder fans but give me a break if that true.

Yeah, its true.
TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 10,411

Post#116 » by TMU » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:11 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
TMU wrote:Are they serious about this bickering? OKC owes them nothing.

Maybe a few of the players feel this way. But, the Media is trying to create buzz for tonight's game. Nothing more.

I mean, there's already bad blood between the two players but why would one organization stir up more drama? The best would be for both teams to just really move on. Durant is a Warrior and there's nothing anyone can do about it. Likewise, you can't change Thunder's perception of him.
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#117 » by Ballerhogger » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:16 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote:Bomani Jones ESPN raido , said he's heard KD's mom has been called horrible words. His mom.. ok , i understand KD ripped the heart out of Thunder fans but give me a break if that true.

Yeah, its true.

Ok theres no mend the fences at this point. Adam Sliver cant fix this fence.
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#118 » by MartinToVaught » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:27 am

Starboy wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:
Clippers...floppers...fading CP3 who will sign a long term deal only to hamper the Clippers over the next 5 years...like an over paid pitcher with a bad ar

3-1... 'nuff said.

Clippers "fans" talking about 3-1? Really?

At least we didn't choke away a 73-win season and championship when we did it.
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#119 » by MartinToVaught » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:30 am

Prius wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:

3-1... 'nuff said.

ZERO championships, ZERO WCF championships, ZERO WCF appearances and a treadmill team for the past 6 years. Nuff said. Actually I'm just going to say this last part, I almost felt bad posting those facts, almost. lmao.

All that, and the Warriors STILL haven't beaten us in a playoff series. But hey, you guys still have us beat in whining, flopping, choking and overall diva behavior. Which is quite the feat, since we have Doc Rivers and Chris Paul.
Teko
Sixth Man
And1: 1,429

Post#120 » by Teko » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:32 am

Prius wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:

3-1... 'nuff said.

But but but, there are tons of teams have zero championships, but there is only ONE team that ever choked away 3-1 lead in the NBA Finals... :wink:

Return to The General Board