What Game Will You Just Never Forget?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

JordansBulls
RealGM
And1: 5,314

Re: What Game Will You Just Never Forget? 

Post#61 » by JordansBulls » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:40 am

1997 Finals Game 5
1998 Finals Game 6
1992 Finals Game 1 and 6
1991 Finals Game 2
1993 Finals Game 6
1993 ECF Game 5
1998 ECF Game 7
1996 ECF Game 1
1991 ECF Game 1 and 4
2000 WCF Game 7
2011 Finals Game 6
2004 WCSF Game 5
2002 WCF Game 7
2011 WCSF Game 1
2013 Finals Game 6
2016 Finals Game 7
2010 Finals Game 7
1984 Finals Game 7
1988 Finals Game 6
1969 Finals Game 7
1974 Finals Game 7
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
- Michael Jordan
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,773

Post#62 » by Johnny Bball » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:41 am

Raptors vs Nets Game 7 2015 - Toronto. Different reason. For the crowd, I have never been to an event where the crowd was louder than that ... ever.
Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,937

Post#63 » by Mamba4Goat » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:51 am

The Knicks vs Bulls Easter game like 4 years back, Melo hit two buzzer beaters to send it to OT and double OT and eventually ended up winning against the D-Rose Bulls.

I'm honestly a huge Rondo fan, and I remember the game where D-Wade dislocated Rondo's shoulder during a scramble and Rondo kept playing through it. Also I remember Rondo taking over a game (I believe that went into OT) once Pierce fouled out and carrying the team to a win.

There's also the Lakers-Celtics game 7 where my boy MWP stole the show.
Rest in peace Mamba. There'll never be another Kobe.
Prius
Junior
And1: 324

Post#64 » by Prius » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:55 am

The game that the league tried with ALL their effort to get Lakers a win vs Warriors on April 12th of 2013 to try and get the Lakers into the playoffs as 7th seed because a team with Kobe, Dwight, etc. missing the playoffs would be an embarrassment to the Lakers which would be an embarrassment to the league some how.

That game is the most rigged game in the history of the NBA and if people disagree, they either forgot about how the game was reffed or think their team was screwed more but let facts be facts, that game was the most rigged crap I've ever seen. In the end Warriors only lost by 2 but should've won by 30 with how everything went. The basketball Allahs saw this and everyone one in the basketball world know what happened after that.

KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,154

Post#65 » by KnicksGadfly » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:51 am

Jeremy Lin 38 points versus the Lakers

Pablo Novi
Senior
And1: 233

Post#66 » by Pablo Novi » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:58 am

THREE (-4) Games:
0) I attended a number of Harlem Globetrotters games the year Wilt Chamberlain played for them (1959-1960). The first of those games just blew me away - the size of the players, the skills, the showmanship. But, especially, when they let Wilt bring the ball up and he out point-guarded the other team's defense.

1) Back in the early-mid 1960s, I attended a game at Boston Gaaaaden. The only thing I remember about it, and what makes it so memorable for me was: MANY white fans booing and verbally abusing their own BLACK players. They were even screaming the ugliest things I ever heard at the great Bill Russell - that changed my life. I became an intensely anti-racist organizer from that evening onwards to 50+ years later.

2) About a decade later, I attended a game in San Diego. I only remember that some klutz white guy was the center for "our" team. What was memorable was that, during the intermission, I was walking up the stairs to go to the mezzanine (or whatever they're called) and actually MET WILT CHAMBERLAIN. He was seated in an aisle seat (not all that much shorter seated than I was standing (I'm 5'8"); we made eye-contact. he smiled and extended his hand. I shook his hand but FROZE; I couldn't get my mouth to work.

That was easily the most embarrassing moment of my life - blowing the chance to chat with Wilt!

3) One of the televised 7th Game, Finals super-close losses of the L.A. Lakers to the Boston Celtics. West and Baylor (my all-time favorite players because in a terribly racist-divided era, they proved the two races could not only get along, but respect each other fully, and perform incredibly skilled and beautiful basketball - while being virtual equals - something that was not the case with the Big "O" and Jerry Lucas - who were my 2nd favorite pair of teammates ever - for the same bi-racial reason). Baylor and especially West were magnificent - but the real MVP of the Celtics, Red Auerbach, just out-manned and out-coached the Lakers.

I couldn't get my mind to think about hardly anything else. It took me weeks to recover from that loss.

Of course, there's been a number of games since then that really stand out; but these ARE the 3-4 the most-affected my entire adult life.
=====
For being so supposedly memorable, how come I remember so little?

Maybe it's because most of that was a half-century ago - consider yourselves lucky I remember that much! LOL
thomchatt3rton
Head Coach
And1: 2,228

Post#67 » by thomchatt3rton » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:08 am

I'm surprised nobody mentioned Reggie Miller's 8 points in 9 seconds game.
OsuCavsfan103
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,047

Post#68 » by OsuCavsfan103 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:20 am

Well the easy one is Cavs vs GS Game 7 last year.... easily my favorite sports moment ever.

Cavs vs DET 2007 ECF where LeBron scored 25 straight pts, such a good game.
shawn_hemp
Starter
And1: 1,194

Post#69 » by shawn_hemp » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:27 am

Game 1 of the first round of the 2012 playoff series when Derrick Rose hurt his ACL.

It was such an avoidable injury too. The Bulls were definitely going to win that game, did DRose really have to embarrass Spencer Hawes one last time?

who knows if he would have held up for the rest of the playoffs if he didn't go down, and I'm not sure if that Bulls team would have beat a 2nd year Miami team with LeBron anyway

but that injury and subsequent sidelining really opened the gates for LeBron to just walk into the finals

Also, Iguodala ended the series with a pair of free throws and I remember thinking "highlight of this dude's life right now"

Nah I always had a feeling he would go off and have success as a role player
Ice Trae
RealGM
And1: 10,932

Post#70 » by Ice Trae » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:32 am

mavs vs blazers game 4. The comeback led by Roy was just so damn filthy
-Sammy-
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,699

Post#71 » by -Sammy- » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:36 am

AdagioPace wrote:
BombsquadSammy wrote:
DNP - Old wrote:Game 4 2014 Finals. Will never forget the beating the Heat got from the Spurs, and the feeling I got that the Spurs would just win the ring no matter what. IIRC that was the game the score was something like 7x-40, and the Manu on Bosh dunk too. That night basketball just made me happy.

Yeah, the last three games of that series are my three favorite NBA games of all time. I've rewatched each of them at least 15 times.

The last two games of the 2013 Finals are equally memorable, for the exact opposite reasons.

game 3 in 2014 is my fav
blowing out the heat in the FIRST quarter 41-25, shooting like 70% from the field, with the HEAT fans already on their way home
:lol: game sealed in 12 minutes. Seriously,that was some nasty stuff never seen on such stage!

A buddy of mine is one of the Miami scorekeepers, and I was chatting with him on Facebook throughout the series, and he said the arena was like a funeral home at halftime of games three and four. He said he'd never seen anything like it; like it was some kind of invisible dark spirit that came over the whole building.
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,045

Post#72 » by bstein14 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:37 am

I was in attendance at the Palace for the Pistons vs Pacers brawl and I'm not sure any other game could ever be more memorable than those few minutes... The game was already out of reach but still the adrenaline in that place when the Pacers starting running into the stands it was one of the most surreal moments to watch it unfold.
adarsh1
Junior
And1: 62

Post#73 » by adarsh1 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:43 am

That Bucks-76ers series in 2001 was one of the biggest jokes of officiating I've ever seen. Can't believe the Bucks got hosed like that. And that team was very entertaining.

Others:

Kings-Lakers 02
Mavs-Heat game where DWade just murdered everyone - 2006
Lakers-Pacers game 6
Wizards-Bulls - Arenas buzzer beater.
Wizards-Cavs - Wizards win in Cleveland without Arenas and Butler plays a great game.
zike_42
Sixth Man
And1: 500

Post#74 » by zike_42 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:00 am

I love the way Chris Childs goes up to LJ and tells him to settle down because he still needs to hit the free throw. I was jumping up and down like the crowd in my house in Australia when I was 14.
Fresh360Waves
Veteran
And1: 339

Post#75 » by Fresh360Waves » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:04 am

I was at the Heat/Lakers game in 2009 when Kobe made the game winner off balance for the win. The energy around me was just surreal. My seat was so close to the court. A moment I will never forget.
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,289

Post#76 » by goodboy » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:05 am

Bright
BigLurch92
Analyst
And1: 1,005

Post#77 » by BigLurch92 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:08 am

rockets blazers where lillard hit the shot over parsons. I have never lost my sh*t like i did that night.
GlenRiceARoni
Sixth Man
And1: 793

Post#78 » by GlenRiceARoni » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:13 am

For me it's Kobe scoring 60.

I was always fairly anti-kobe, mostly due to how ridiculously overrated he was by all his fanboys.

I thoroughly enjoyed watching him flame out the last five years or so of his career.

But in the 30 for 30 about jimmy conors there is a line that sticks out to me when jimmy is close to the championship game and they say "Jimmy is getting what we all want. One more time."

I turn 35 this year. So I watched Kobe from roughly age 14-15 on. The lakers have been a threat for the majority of my nba Fanhood and Kobe was on TV too many times to count.

He was there when I made the varsity team in high school and would stay up late watching games after practice. He was there when I watched playoff games in the fraternity house. He was there when I gambled entire weeks paychecks on games for years. He was just there... until he wasn't anymore. Those last few years you knew the Lakers were zero threat. And somehow watching Kobe go 1 for 7 in 22 minutes just wasn't as riveting as him going 6 for 24 while his teammates scowled at him. He was the artist formerly known as Kobe.

That was a night I got hammered drunk all by myself because I didn't want any distractions from the Warriors going for #73 or Kobe's last game. And what a night it was for a true basketball fan.

It was such a surreal experience watching Kobe pour in all those late points. I found myself rooting for him to fill up the scoreboard. He was utilizing every move he had, just the way I used to do in 1988 on my orange Nerf hoop emulating Kelly Tripucka and Dell Curry.

As I sit here as an old man today I often find myself wishing I had one more time. Whether it's getting with the high school cheerleader, sitting in the student section hammered, sinking a 3 pointer at homecoming, or just watching an NBA legend score an unfathomable 60 points in his final game of his 20 year career.

That game was the reason sports are so incredible. In a year where I've witnessed a monumental super bowl comeback, a 100 year MLB drought end in extra innings of game 7, a last second NCAA miracle 3 pointer, a 73 win team, the greatest shooting display of all time, the greatest nba finals game 7, and a last second ncaa touchdown pass for the title..

Somehow I just remember watching Kobe score 60 points. When that game ended I looked around dumbfounded at how much I had drank and how emotionally drained I was from watching him.

Then he had to revert to his total D-bag self and say "Mamba out". Totally ruined it and reminded everyone why we hate Kobe because he just has zero personality.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Excited about the Playoffs now that Durant has given other teams a fighting chance
SimonFish
General Manager
And1: 2,029

Post#79 » by SimonFish » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:20 am

The game which Derrick Rose tore his ACL.
msr999
Sophomore
And1: 145

Post#80 » by msr999 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:07 pm

Game 6 of 2013 finals. I watched the game live. Not just that Ray Allen shot. The way Lebron willed his from about a 10 point deficit in late 3rd Quarter to a lead by late 4th Q, with both Wade and Bosh on the bench, is something you can only appreciate if you have watched it live. That stretch is truely the greatest performance by any sportsperson I have ever watched. Add that Ray Allen shot and everything that followed, I don't think I will ever watch a better game in my life time.

Return to The General Board