50%

Total votes: 14

RavenMad31
Senior
And1: 252

Re: AFC North 

Post#41 » by RavenMad31 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:15 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:The curse is real...

Read on Twitter

And that was also right around the time Cleveland, Pittsburgh and Baltimore where transferred from the NFL to the inferior Afc when the merger took place. Being in the AFC hasn't been to kind to the Browns. But I do remember how they made Meredith retire early before leaving the NFL.

Inferior? The Ravens/Colts (Baltimore identified, not Modell identified), Steelers, Broncos, Raiders and Patriots have held up their end of the bargain since the merger. Anything you can say about the Bills, you can also say about the Vikings. I love AFC football. It might have to do with growing up with Enberg, Trumpy, Brodie, Don Criqui, Merlin Olsen and Pete Axthelm all part of the AFC presentation. Madden and Summerall are the only team that stick out in my mind who did NFC games and at present, Joe Buck makes any marquee NFC game unwatchable.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,218

Post#42 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:21 pm

RavenMad31 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:The curse is real...

Read on Twitter

And that was also right around the time Cleveland, Pittsburgh and Baltimore where transferred from the NFL to the inferior Afc when the merger took place. Being in the AFC hasn't been to kind to the Browns. But I do remember how they made Meredith retire early before leaving the NFL.

Inferior? The Ravens/Colts (Baltimore identified, not Modell identified), Steelers, Broncos, Raiders and Patriots have held up their end of the bargain since the merger. Anything you can say about the Bills, you can also say about the Vikings. I love AFC football. It might have to do with growing up with Enberg, Trumpy, Brodie, Don Criqui, Merlin Olsen and Pete Axthelm all part of the AFC presentation. Madden and Summerall are the only team that stick out in my mind who did NFC games and at present, Joe Buck makes any marquee NFC game unwatchable.

Just think about how many more Super Bowls the NFC would have today and less for the AFC if the Steelers and Colts were still in the NFC/NFL.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,970

Post#43 » by Otis Driftwood » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:08 pm

RavenMad31 wrote:...Joe Buck makes any marquee NFC game unwatchable.

And yet, you ignore Phil Simms.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
RavenMad31
Senior

Post#44 » by RavenMad31 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:55 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:

Who is as boring of a color guy as he was a qb. I would choose his brand of boring over Joe Buck every day of the week though.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#45 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:42 am

RavenMad31 wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:

Who is as boring of a color guy as he was a qb. I would choose his brand of boring over Joe Buck every day of the week though.

He's beyond boring. He sucks. Joe Buck is leaps and bounds above him. You could argue this point. You would be wrong.
RavenMad31
Senior

Post#46 » by RavenMad31 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:13 am

Otis Driftwood wrote:
RavenMad31 wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:

He's beyond boring. He sucks. Joe Buck is leaps and bounds above him. You could argue this point. You would be wrong.

Just personal taste here, but I'll take someone who is boring, or even bad over someone who actively says things that make me want to break his legs. Hell, even if he was saying something like, "RavenMad31, we want to give you a million dollars," I'd want to punch him just from the way he talks.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#47 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:31 am

RavenMad31 wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
RavenMad31 wrote:Who is as boring of a color guy as he was a qb. I would choose his brand of boring over Joe Buck every day of the week though.

Just personal taste here, but I'll take someone who is boring, or even bad over someone who actively says things that make me want to break his legs. Hell, even if he was saying something like, "RavenMad31, we want to give you a million dollars," I'd want to punch him just from the way he talks.

Understand... personal taste at this end also. I've liked Buck from the outset and never really got why people dislike him so much. Only time I thought he went too far was with the Randy Moss thing. I just think he provides everything a play-by-play guy should with down, distance, situations and does a great job of setting Aikman up for his color job. And I've listened to enough interviews with him to know he doesn't take himself nearly as seriously as some seem to think.

And - I also like Nance... a lot. But... Simms brings nothing to the dance. My problem with him is what you seem to like... he's so damn generic and bland I don't feel like he gives me anything as a viewer that is revealing.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#48 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:48 pm

I'll let you guys battle that one out. But I do have to admit, Phil Sims, like watching golf, makes me fall asleep.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,074

Post#49 » by bwgood77 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:34 pm

Read on Twitter
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#50 » by bwgood77 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:46 pm

Read on Twitter
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#51 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:24 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Browns.

:lol:
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#52 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:25 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Read on Twitter

It makes plenty of sense for the Steelers to be looking for their next quarterback, even if Roethlisberger ultimately objects to the use of a high draft pick on a quarterback when it otherwise could be used on getting him help as he pursues a third Super Bowl win. Still, it doesn’t seem to be a major priority, at least not for now.

One thing about the Steelers... it won't matter whether Ben objects or not. That's not how the Rooneys operate.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#53 » by bwgood77 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:28 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Browns.

They might as well. Not much to lose.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#54 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:59 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Browns.

Ain't like Josh McCown or RGIII are there to monopolize the position anymore are they?
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#55 » by bwgood77 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:41 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
Browns.

Ain't like Josh McCown or RGIII are there to monopolize the position anymore are they?

Read on Twitter
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#56 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:14 pm

^^^^ I laughed... ^^^^
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#57 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:51 pm

RIP Dan Rooney...
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#58 » by Otis Driftwood » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:02 pm

Feeling absolutely horrible for Todd Heap this morning. Man... I cannot begin to imagine what he's going through nor want to.

Read on Twitter
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#59 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:19 pm

Our annual bon mot from PacMan...

Adam 'Pacman' Jones Tells Officer to 'Suck My D--k' in Arrest Video Footage
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2705519-adam-pacman-jones-tells-officer-to-suck-my-d-k-in-arrest-video-footage?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

A video published Monday showed Cincinnati Bengals cornerback Adam Jones in a confrontation with a police officer before and after his January arrest.

Per TMZ, Jones was captured in the back of a squad car saying "suck my d--k," among other expletives, to an officer (warning: video contains NSFW language).

Jones also told the officer "I hope you die tomorrow."

When Jones interrupted the officer, the officer said, "Keep yelling, and see what happens."

Jones was charged with assault, disorderly conduct and obstructing police.

The 33-year-old also allegedly spit on a nurse while he was being booked, but a felony charge of harassment with a bodily substance was dropped in March. He pleaded not guilty to the misdemeanor charges and is due back in court May 16.
CNN.com
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#60 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:05 pm

Going into this upcoming, does anyone get the feeling the Steeler's are going to go on a magical ride this season? Ben almost retired and perhaps is back for his last season. Rooney passes away so I can see the patch going on the uniforms this year in his recognition and contribution to not only to the Steeler's, but football. I can for see this team playing on high intensity and emotion all year based just on that despite their pourous defense.

Return to The General NFL Board