2017 Off-Season/Free Agency/Draft Thread

Moderator: Cactus Jack

Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,377

Re: Off-Season/Free Agency Thread 

Post#21 » by Danny Darko » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:56 pm

Crap, sounds like we need a backup QB: Boykins arrested for public intoxication and drug charges after being a passenger in a car injuring 4

Seattle Seahawks quarterback Trevone Boykin was arrested early Monday morning in Dallas after a car he was riding in crashed into a bar and injured multiple people.

According to a Fox 4 News report, a woman driving the vehicle hit four people on a sidewalk and injured a worker inside the bar when her vehicle crashed. Boykin, who was listed on the police report as a passenger, was arrested on related drug charges and public intoxication.
jaymo123
Starter
And1: 745

Post#22 » by jaymo123 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:47 pm

With Boykins being arrested, might as well go after Kap. You can get him on the cheap and he'll fit right in because the Seahawks are full off players and coaches who ain't scared to express their opinions.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,386

Post#23 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:37 pm

jaymo123 wrote:With Boykins being arrested, might as well go after Kap. You can get him on the cheap and he'll fit right in because the Seahawks are full off players and coaches who ain't scared to express their opinions.

Yeah, as much as I & a lot of fans dislike the guy, he's still an upgrade.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#24 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:59 pm

Read on Twitter
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#25 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Apr 5, 2017 8:32 pm

Read on Twitter

I was hoping he'd stay retired. Disappointing news. :cry:
JustinCredible
Head Coach
And1: 2,965

Richard Sherman Trade Rumors 

Post#26 » by JustinCredible » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:09 pm

Will Seattle find a deal that makes sense? You'd have to think that a deal would happen before or during the NFL Draft if it ends up happening.

I can't imagine Seattle going into this season as a contender with no good CB's so there would have to be a backup plan to Sherman if he is traded. Would a deal with New England work where we get back Malcolm Butler plus a draft pick?

What are your thoughts on the Sherman rumors? Personally I love him as a player but can't stand his mouth anymore.

http://www.oregonlive.com/nfl/index.ssf/2017/04/seattle_seahawks_will_most_lik.html
All posts are my own opinion.
Twitter: @itsjwills
JustinCredible
Head Coach

2017 NFL Draft Thread (Seahawks Edition) 

Post#27 » by JustinCredible » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:21 pm

Who are some guys that you would love to see the Seahawks draft?

Use this thread to post any prospect highlight videos, mock draft news, or players you would like to see drafted.

The latest 1st round mocks for Seattle:

Kiper: CB Marlon Humphrey - Alabama
McShay: CB Kevin King - Washington

Other Mocks:
OT Cam Robinson - Alabama
OL Forrest Lamp - Western Kentucky
CB Adoree Jackson - USC

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seahawks/updating-seahawks-mock-drafts-cornerbacks-such-as-uws-kevin-king-and-offensive-linemen-popular-choices-for-seattle/
JustinCredible
Head Coach

Re: 2017 NFL Draft Thread (Seahawks Edition) 

Post#28 » by JustinCredible » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:31 pm

CB Kevin King - Washington:

CB Marlon Humphrey - Alabama:

If we can somehow land another late 1st round pick or if he slides to the 2nd....I'd LOVE TJ Watt. Dude was an absolute beast at Wisconsin and just flat out knows how to play.

TJ Watt - Wisconsin
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Re: Richard Sherman Trade Rumors 

Post#29 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:46 am

Hey, nice to have another Hawks fan on this forum. Btw, a Hawks fan in cheesehead country? :wink:

I'm not sure what's gonna happen with Sherm tbh. Different reports almost everyday. He's going, he's staying...

I think it's likely 50/50 at this stage that he suits up for the team this fall. If he does get traded, it better be for a decent haul. At least a (1st & another pick)/ or (decent lineman + a pick) in return. This team is too short on db's to loose him for a mid-round pick at best. Starting potentially two rookies at corner could also spell disaster. Carolina fell apart when they let Norman go.

Love Sherm, but at his age (29), I'm okay parting with him. But, again it would have to be a "good to great" offer.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#30 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:09 am

I haven't really followed a lot of the mocks or draft prospects but CB & OL are our biggest needs obviously.

This draft is deep with CB's & not so much with OL. I expect us to take a CB with our 1st or 2nd pick. If we trade Sherm, I think it's almost certain we would take one early.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#31 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:58 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
JustinCredible
Head Coach

Post#32 » by JustinCredible » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:34 pm

I fell in love with Russell Wilson as a QB in his lone year as a Badger. I have some friends on the inside of the athletic department and they raved about him as a person.

I decided that whatever team drafts Wilson that will be my favorite team. I've watched every Seahawks game since and have been a diehard fan. I've hated the Packers since they traded Favre (was a good move in hindsight but still hate them).

My wife and I made the trip and went to the NFC Championship game in Seattle against the Niners and it was amazing.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#33 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:32 pm

JustinCredible wrote:I fell in love with Russell Wilson as a QB in his lone year as a Badger. I have some friends on the inside of the athletic department and they raved about him as a person.

I decided that whatever team drafts Wilson that will be my favorite team. I've watched every Seahawks game since and have been a diehard fan. I've hated the Packers since they traded Favre (was a good move in hindsight but still hate them).

My wife and I made the trip and went to the NFC Championship game in Seattle against the Niners and it was amazing.

That's great to hear! That championship game against the Pack must have been extra sweet for you lol.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#34 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:13 pm

Read on Twitter
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#35 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:25 am

Hmmm....

NFL draft rumors: Seahawks, Falcons getting ready for potential day 1 trade

Once they move back, the Seahawks will then target an offensive lineman. The name given to me is tackle Garett Bolles of Utah. Seahawks offensive line coach Tom Cable was on the Utes campus this past Sunday meeting with the team’s top offensive line prospects.

I’m told the compensation for the swap is likely to end up being a fourth-round pick.

http://www.fieldgulls.com/2017/4/25/15428956/nfl-draft-rumors-seahawks-falcons-trade-garett-bolles-charles-harris
JustinCredible
Head Coach

Post#36 » by JustinCredible » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:48 am

Cactus Jack wrote:Hmmm....

Once they move back, the Seahawks will then target an offensive lineman. The name given to me is tackle Garett Bolles of Utah. Seahawks offensive line coach Tom Cable was on the Utes campus this past Sunday meeting with the team’s top offensive line prospects.

I’m told the compensation for the swap is likely to end up being a fourth-round pick.

http://www.fieldgulls.com/2017/4/25/15428956/nfl-draft-rumors-seahawks-falcons-trade-garett-bolles-charles-harris

I heard he was the most athletic offensive lineman in the draft so that fits the Seahawks mold. They believe they can teach skill on the line and like to bring in athletes.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#37 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:55 am

JustinCredible wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Hmmm....

I heard he was the most athletic offensive lineman in the draft so that fits the Seahawks mold. They believe they can teach skill on the line and like to bring in athletes.

If he's not available at the pick, who do you see them going with?
JustinCredible
Head Coach

Post#38 » by JustinCredible » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:23 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
JustinCredible wrote:

If he's not available at the pick, who do you see them going with?

It is really starting to seem like Bolles is their target and that they would possibly entertain moving up to 19 to get him. If he is gone I think they trade back with Atlanta or out of the first round entirely.
JustinCredible
Head Coach

Post#39 » by JustinCredible » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:25 pm

Here is a good story on Bolles:

http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/nfl/seattle-seahawks/seahawks-insider-blog/article146728954.html

Reading it makes you realize how much of a Hawks guy he is. Seems like the ideal fit.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#40 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:57 pm

JustinCredible wrote:Here is a good story on Bolles:

http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/nfl/seattle-seahawks/seahawks-insider-blog/article146728954.html

Reading it makes you realize how much of a Hawks guy he is. Seems like the ideal fit.

I would agree. It's not ideal that he's basically a 25 year old rookie, but at this point I'd take any good tackle available. Then best CB in round two.

Return to Seattle Seahawks