ImageImageImageImage

Memorbilia Collectors

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Brownsbacker44
Ballboy
And1: 2

Memorbilia Collectors 

Post#1 » by Brownsbacker44 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:19 pm

Hello Cowboys fans, I'd like to address this message to any fans who enjoy collecting items of the Cowboys. I have collected and recorded games for many years and have a few on dvd. Iam looking to downsize what I have. If anyone is interested in collecting these memories, please let me know. You can also contact me at - footballholic247@gmail.com
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,218

Re: Memorbilia Collectors 

Post#2 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:38 am

Brownsbacker44 wrote:Hello Cowboys fans, I'd like to address this message to any fans who enjoy collecting items of the Cowboys. I have collected and recorded games for many years and have plenty on dvd. Iam looking to downsize what I have. If anyone is interested in collecting these memories, please let me know. You can also contact me at - footballholic247@gmail.com

I would be interested in the following Cowboy games if you have it; 1971 NFC Championship game, Super Bowl V, 1972 NFC Championship game, 1973 Divisional games vs, 49ers, 1976 NFC Championship game vs, Rams, 1979 NFC Championship game vs, Rams, late 1979 regular season game vs, Redskins (for division championship) and the 1981 NFC championship game vs. the egals (last game in their old, original royal blue jersey jinx jerseys).
Brownsbacker44
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#3 » by Brownsbacker44 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:13 pm

hi bluejersey, I don't have games that far back, I can send you a list of the 8 games I do have.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,970

Post#4 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:20 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Brownsbacker44 wrote:Hello Cowboys fans, I'd like to address this message to any fans who enjoy collecting items of the Cowboys. I have collected and recorded games for many years and have plenty on dvd. Iam looking to downsize what I have. If anyone is interested in collecting these memories, please let me know. You can also contact me at - footballholic247@gmail.com

I would be interested in the following Cowboy games if you have it; 1971 NFC Championship game, Super Bowl V, 1972 NFC Championship game, 1973 Divisional games vs, 49ers, 1976 NFC Championship game vs, Rams, 1979 NFC Championship game vs, Rams, late 1979 regular season game vs, Redskins (for division championship) and the 1981 NFC championship game vs. the egals (last game in their old, original royal blue jersey jinx jerseys).

I have a bunch of games from the 70's bjj. Some I bought from NFL films. Some I "found" on eBay. Some of these aren't there to be had. Super Bowl V is one of them. All I was ever able to find was one that started somewhere in the 2nd Quarter but didn't even have the Orr play on it. Useless. But I have all the other Super Bowls (wins and losses). Also have the 79 WASH@ DAL game. Not the best quality but watchable.

I also have (with the exception of one Cardnals game) the entire 1992 season. I was working nights so I was usually sleeping on Sunday afternoons. I would watch the games that night. Never erased those tapes so I started transferring them to DVD. I need to get back to that.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#5 » by Otis Driftwood » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:15 pm

Speaking of old classic games, just watched the 1982 NFC Championship game between the Cowboys and Redskins. I had forgotten how much I hated Rod Hill. I remember now.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#6 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:13 am

The game that finally convinced Landry that Staubach was the man and future, the 1973 divisional vs. the 49ers. Down 28 - 13, in the fourth quarter, Staubach comes in the game and pulls his magic and knocked the 49ers out of the playoffs for the 3ird year in a row.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#7 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:11 pm

December 23, 1972. First clip.

I had never seen the second clip before. I was in England in the Air Force. Pretty funny.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#8 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:31 pm

Of course I collect all games where the Cowboys wear their old royal blue jersey road uniforms. Love watching those games from time to time. You wouldn't happen to have the 1968 conference final between the Cowboys vs. Browns? And another thing I need you guys to keep an eye on for me if you could. Just realized looking and going through my blue room here at home, that of my 408 plaques on the walls, I only have 1 total plaque of the 1977 NFC Championship game vs, the Vikings. I need more photos of that game.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#9 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:38 pm

The games I wish I could get my hands on are fewer and fewer. Super Bowl V... that 1972 divisional game above... a clean copy of the 1979 game against Washington at Dallas...

And yeah - the 68 Browns game would be a keeper along with the '66 Championship game at the Cotton Bowl. That was the game where I became a fan.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#10 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Mar 3, 2017 4:48 pm

Well please let me know if you can ever get your hands on the 1971 NFC championship game. It was the Cowboys very first championship and the very last game played at Kezar Stadium. 49 whiners moved to Candlestick the following year.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#11 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Mar 5, 2017 6:25 pm

Otis and Mr. B. Please tell me your all time favorite top 3-5 Dallas Cowboy players. I have something in mind for you guys. Been updating my blue room, doing some restoration projects and I have found many extra vintage photo's etc., for you guys, I hope.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#12 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Apr 1, 2017 2:24 am

Hey guys. I have over a hundred extra vintage photo's of the Cowboy's if your interested. Let me know.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#13 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Apr 3, 2017 1:05 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Otis and Mr. B. Please tell me your all time favorite top 3-5 Dallas Cowboy players. I have something in mind for you guys. Been updating my blue room, doing some restoration projects and I have found many extra vintage photo's etc., for you guys, I hope.

1 - Roger
2 - Woody
3 - Witten
4 - H. Martin
5 - Stepnoski (had and has some personal opinions I share)
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#14 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Apr 3, 2017 2:48 pm

Can you be more specific on Woody. Not sure who you are referring to. Just most if not all my vintage photo's are pre Jerry Jones era. Sorry.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#15 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Apr 3, 2017 3:02 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Can you be more specific on Woody. Not sure who you are referring to. Just most if not all my vintage photo's are pre Jerry Jones era. Sorry.

There is only one "Woody". Number 28. Safety. Hall of Famer (except he probably won't be selected) and absolute Ring of Honor member.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#16 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Apr 4, 2017 1:13 am

Otis Driftwood wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Can you be more specific on Woody. Not sure who you are referring to. Just most if not all my vintage photo's are pre Jerry Jones era. Sorry.

There is only one "Woody". Number 28. Safety. Hall of Famer (except he probably won't be selected) and absolute Ring of Honor member.

I have good news and bad news. I found 5 Roger Staubach photo's for you. 2 from Super Bowl VI, 1 from 1978NFc championship game and 2 others. I also have a nice Chuck Howley from Super bowl V and some more from Super Bowl VI of Bob Lilly, Larry Cole, George Andrie, Duane Thomas, Cliff Harris and another black and White photo of Herb Adderley. I have all kinds of Dan Reeves, Ed "Too Tall" Jones, Preston Pearson and Bob Lilly's. I have a few Of Walt Garrison, Drew Pearson, Lee Roy Jordan, Mel Renfro, 1 of Cornell Green, 1 of John Fitzgerald, a nice black and White of Charlie Waters, 1 of Dennis "Dirt" Thurman in 1983 divisional, one real nice one of Don Meredith (somewhere between 1964 and 1967 in the older original royal blue jersey. There were 3 stripes on the sleeves which is the only way I could tell), a Butch Johnson and a few of Randy White (1 of him in Super Bowl XII). A Lance Alworth In 1971 NFC Championship and a couple real nice ones Of Tom Landry, (1 of which is him being carried off the field in Super Bowl XII). My most current photo's of are Troy Aikman, Emmitt, Smith, a couple as well of Ken Norton Jr., Michael Irvin, Russell Maryland and 1 of Lean Lett.
P.S. I had a Bunch of Craig Morton's at one time. Every time I re-watch Super Bowl V, I burned one of them. Do you really want to know what year I burned the last one?
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#17 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Apr 4, 2017 11:53 am

My father-in-law had some old 70's trading cards he handed off to me. Some of the greats (Staubach, Pearson, Howley, Jordan) and spares (Golden Richards, Jean Fugett, Randy Hughes)... I watch out for random appearances by those guys. I've gotten Howley and Jordan to sign theirs.

My pride and joy stuff is right behind me now on the wall... the newspapers from all the 90's NFC Championship games and those Super Bowls. I framed them and mounted them on the wall. Also have the replica papers from the Dallas Morning News for the '72 and '78 Super Bowls. Included in the framed 1996 NFC Championship game paper are our tickets from the game. Only other Cowboys paper I have (not framed) is from February 13, 2000. It was a full front section dedicated to Tom Landry after his passing.

Also have the papers from the Stars Stanley Cup and Mavs 2011 championship. I'm a sports weenie.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#18 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Apr 5, 2017 12:17 am

Mr. B, you are as well can have dibbies on anything you may like up there as well.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 3,954

Post#19 » by Mr B » Sun Apr 9, 2017 2:29 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Otis and Mr. B. Please tell me your all time favorite top 3-5 Dallas Cowboy players. I have something in mind for you guys. Been updating my blue room, doing some restoration projects and I have found many extra vintage photo's etc., for you guys, I hope.

1. Michael Irvin

2. Roger Staubach (never got to see him play live)

3. Darren Woodson

4. Troy Aikman

5. Jason Witten
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 3,954

Post#20 » by Mr B » Sun Apr 9, 2017 2:33 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Mr. B, you are as well can have dibbies on anything you may like up there as well.

Believe it or not I'm not much of a memorabilia guy. I have some old trading cards from when I was a kid that I keep in a binder but that's really about it. I appreciate the offer though.

Return to Dallas Cowboys