2016/17 College Prospects

Moderator: chitownsports4ever

fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,381

Re: 2016/17 College Prospects 

Post#381 » by fleet » Sat Apr 8, 2017 12:59 am

So apparently, the Bears twitter-trolled Aaron Rodgers and his breakup with Munn. Are you freaking kidding me?
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,957

Post#382 » by chitownsports4ever » Sat Apr 8, 2017 3:01 am

heir_jordan22 wrote:Apparently he ran a 4.33 at his pro day

Sent from my SM-G920P using RealGM mobile app

If thats true and his private workout went well he will probably be the pick outside of a trade down.
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
patryk7754
General Manager
And1: 1,108

Post#383 » by patryk7754 » Sat Apr 8, 2017 3:27 am

i think it was officially 3.38 at his proday
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#384 » by RedBulls23 » Sat Apr 8, 2017 12:29 pm

As the draft gets closer, I like the thought of Jamal Adams. Especially after I saw he ran a 4.33 on his pro day. That's insane.

Plus, sounds like a guy that could really be a leader of a defense. High IQ as well.

Sign me up.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Re: RE: Re: 2016/17 College Prospects 

Post#385 » by City of Trees » Sat Apr 8, 2017 6:14 pm

RedBulls83 wrote:As the draft gets closer, I like the thought of Jamal Adams. Especially after I saw he ran a 4.33 on his pro day. That's insane.

Plus, sounds like a guy that could really be a leader of a defense. High IQ as well.

Sign me up.

Adams is fast with good hips. Free Safety is in play with him. But with that type of physicality I'd look to play him a SS

Sent from my SM-J700T using RealGM mobile app
heir_jordan22
Assistant Coach
And1: 325

Post#386 » by heir_jordan22 » Sat Apr 8, 2017 10:54 pm

Article on the Bears website compiles the top experts' opinion on who the Bears will pick

5 votes for Jonathan Allen
3 votes for Marshon Lattimore
2 votes for Jamal Adams
1 vote for Malik Hooker

Todd McShay projects Allen
Daniel Jeremiah projects Lattimore
Bucky Brooks projects Adams
Mel Kiper projects Hooker

heir_jordan22
Assistant Coach

Post#387 » by heir_jordan22 » Sat Apr 8, 2017 11:29 pm

Jonathan Allen had the highest grade of all college players last year. I think he is without question the second or third best player in this draft.

We have 19 DBs. We have 4 guys who can start at CB (Amukamara, Cooper, Fuller, Porter). We have 3 guys who could be the starter at safety (Demps, Amos, Fuller).

We have 8 DL. Have our unquestioned starting NT in Goldman. Good backups at the position in Jenkins and Sutton. We have a pro bowler at 1 DE spot. But all the other DLinemen are backups.

We need a starting DE. Allen was a dominant force and clearly the best player on the best defense in the country. He's the best player to come out of there in years. He has to be the pick if he's on the board.

Reports are that the surgery Allen had was to clear up restrictive scar tissue in his shoulder and that he does not have arthritis. He destroyed everyone and didn't have full use of his arms. Bigger, stronger version of Aaron Donald in my opinion.

chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,957

Post#388 » by chitownsports4ever » Sun Apr 9, 2017 4:16 am

heir_jordan22 wrote:Jonathan Allen had the highest grade of all college players last year. I think he is without question the second or third best player in this draft.

We have 19 DBs. We have 4 guys who can start at CB (Amukamara, Cooper, Fuller, Porter). We have 3 guys who could be the starter at safety (Demps, Amos, Fuller).

We have 8 DL. Have our unquestioned starting NT in Goldman. Good backups at the position in Jenkins and Sutton. We have a pro bowler at 1 DE spot. But all the other DLinemen are backups.

We need a starting DE. Allen was a dominant force and clearly the best player on the best defense in the country. He's the best player to come out of there in years. He has to be the pick if he's on the board.

Reports are that the surgery Allen had was to clear up restrictive scar tissue in his shoulder and that he does not have arthritis. He destroyed everyone and didn't have full use of his arms. Bigger, stronger version of Aaron Donald in my opinion.

We have 3 guys that could be a starter at safety but we dont have one guy who is the cornerstone of the backfield .

I like Allen but if you have a guy who can be a all pro safety for the next 10 years you take him we have invested in the D-line and took Floyd last year the safety position is simply too important in todays nfl to pass on all pro safeties .

Now my complaint for the last 2 months has been about how much we have invested in Dbs so its crazy to me but if Pace believes for one second that Hooker or Adams are gonna be all-pros for 10 years the has to take one . You cross your fingers and hope Bullard is ready to start across from Hicks .

I wont be upset at all if he takes Allen I like him but man everyone in chicago and the organization knows we havent had a good safety since Mike Brown . Now if grabs Allen and then Bubba baker in the second that would maybe the be the ideal scenario
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
heir_jordan22
Assistant Coach

Post#389 » by heir_jordan22 » Sun Apr 9, 2017 3:59 pm

Dashon Goldman was a pro bowler several times under Fangio. He has been nothing since he left SF and he was nothing until Fangio built that front 7 up. Fangio took several DBs that were good and made then look great because of his front 7 (Whitner and Rodgers off the top of my head).

I think Adams and Hooker will be excellent players. I think Adams will be an excellent run stopper and Hooker will be great in the deep half. Personally I think what Hooker will contribute in the league is more valuable than Adams because of the passing game now.

With that said, I think Allen is better. And I think he would play a more important role in the defense (eating up blockers to free up our LBs for pass rushing and run stopping, while still putting up great numbers himself, and ultimately making the DBs' jobs easier.) And he fills the bigger hole. Best player, biggest need, most impactful position. In my opinion.

If Pace goes another route then I'll trust it until he's proven wrong since he's done an amazing job with the drafts. But I wouldn't be thrilled. Unless he somehow trades down and still grabs Hooker, Adams or Lattimore

Chi town
RealGM
And1: 6,998

Post#390 » by Chi town » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:26 pm

Sol Thomas all day IMO. Niners will take him unless Browns make a big mistake and take Trubisky #1.

If Thomas isn't there I think Pace will drop back to #6 with the Jets and Take Allen, Hooker, or Adams.
heir_jordan22
Assistant Coach

Post#391 » by heir_jordan22 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:42 am

Who would the Jets trade up for?

patryk7754
General Manager

Post#392 » by patryk7754 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:22 pm

heir_jordan22 wrote:Who would the Jets trade up for?

Fornette, Adams, Thomas, or Allen
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#393 » by City of Trees » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:32 am

Gruden says Mahomes is the best QB in this draft class.

fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,381

Post#394 » by fleet » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:13 am

Lattimore sounds good to me. If Fuller and Hall can play safety, I'd be all in. Or trade down for him.

—Scouting sources with the Tennessee Titans have confirmed the team's interest in Ohio State cornerback Marshon Lattimore and Clemson wide receiver Williams. If Lattimore is on the board at No. 5 overall, I expect he'll be the team's pick. If Lattimore is gone, to Chicago for example, look for Williams to get heavy consideration.

—As mentioned above, Lattimore to Chicago is a hot rumor among NFL general managers. One executive I spoke with felt "99 percent sure" the Bears would draft a defensive back if they keep the No. 3 overall pick.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2703486-matt-millers-scouting-notebook-latest-on-qbs-new-2-round-mock-draft-and-more
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
patryk7754
General Manager

Post#395 » by patryk7754 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:50 pm

fleet wrote:Lattimore sounds good to me. If Fuller and Hall can play safety, I'd be all in. Or trade down for him.

—Scouting sources with the Tennessee Titans have confirmed the team's interest in Ohio State cornerback Marshon Lattimore and Clemson wide receiver Williams. If Lattimore is on the board at No. 5 overall, I expect he'll be the team's pick. If Lattimore is gone, to Chicago for example, look for Williams to get heavy consideration.

—As mentioned above, Lattimore to Chicago is a hot rumor among NFL general managers. One executive I spoke with felt "99 percent sure" the Bears would draft a defensive back if they keep the No. 3 overall pick.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2703486-matt-millers-scouting-notebook-latest-on-qbs-new-2-round-mock-draft-and-more

Hooker, Lattimore, and Adams are all can't misses. Adams probably being the safest pick. But unless we trade down with someone like the jets, I hold off on a DB until the second. I think we still take Allen at 3. It's the biggest need outside maybe WR and this secondary class is possibly the deepest ever. That class includes Budda Baker, who reminds me of Mathieu. He's not the biggest or strongest guy on the field but that doesn't keep him from being physical and making big hits. He's a very good tackler in pass and run situations. Can cover well, smart, and a really good play maker.
molepharmer
Head Coach
And1: 1,130

Post#396 » by molepharmer » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:42 pm

fleet wrote:Lattimore sounds good to me. If Fuller and Hall can play safety, I'd be all in. Or trade down for him.

I'm a Titan fan as well as a Bear fan. And like the Bears the Titans have very similar needs, aside from QB. They need CB, WR, S, TE and defensive line/LB.

Over at a Titan board, they pretty much hate M Williams as a pick at 5; much preferring C Davis or J Ross. They're doing a Draft Wars bracket and it was 84% for Davis, 16% for Williams. Their bracket semi-finals are Hooker vs Lattimore and Howard vs Davis. Many also feel they'll try to trade #5 with Browns for #12 and a second. Should be an interesting first round after Garrett.
TGibson (1/28/17); "..."a 4 or 5 on a scale of 1 to 10 for drama"...What's the worst? "...yelling matches with Thibs, everybody is just going crazy and I'm just sitting there...like, 'Don't call my name please..."
heir_jordan22
Assistant Coach

Post#397 » by heir_jordan22 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:16 pm

Rumor has it the Bears are trying to trade down. But if there's a trade in the top 5 I think it'll be with the Titans trading down from 5. Some QB needy team might try to trade up in front of NYJ to get their guy.

City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#398 » by City of Trees » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:42 am

Within the past 2 days the Browns have come out and shared a team has contacted them about trading up to #1 with the plan to draft a QB.

patryk7754
General Manager

Post#399 » by patryk7754 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:20 pm

a Lot of different rumors surrounding the bears. They will take a QB. It'll Watson, It'll Be Mitch. It'll be Mahomes. They won't take a QB. They like Adams. The like Lattimore. They like Hooker. They'll trade down. They won't trade down.

When I made this thread I was hoping we wouldn't be bad enough to take one of the two best players in the draft, Garret or Allen. Turns out we're bad enough to take Allen at 3 and I think that's whats gonna happen.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#400 » by City of Trees » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:41 pm

I'm nervous Garrett is gonna be a bust.

Return to Chicago Bears