Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,386

Release the Kraken! 

Post#1 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:22 pm

Note: Realgm now has an official Kraken Forum! See link below:

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewforum.php?f=470

Read on Twitter

The Oak View Group (OVG), run by Tim Leiweke and Irving Azoff, has signed a future KeyArena concessionaire partnership with Buffalo-based Delaware North — a food-services company owned by Jeremy Jacobs, considered one of the most powerful NHL figures outside of commissioner Gary Bettman...The longtime Boston Bruins owner is chairman of the NHL’s board of governors and an influential figure on the league’s powerful executive committee, which has huge sway over major issues — expansion being one of them.

“Jeremy Jacobs is without a doubt the most powerful owner in the NHL,’’ Ken Campbell, senior writer for The Hockey News in Canada, said Tuesday. “And he’s the one who has the most sway when it comes to the executive committee — which is where the real power lies in the NHL. It’s not so much with the entire board of governors; it’s with the executive committee, and he’s the alpha male of the executive committee. So that’s really all you need to know.’’

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 56,892

Re: NHL to Seattle? 

Post#2 » by bwgood77 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:19 am

Cactus Jack wrote:Seattle may be on the verge of getting an NHL team...

Read on Twitter

The Oak View Group (OVG), run by Tim Leiweke and Irving Azoff, has signed a future KeyArena concessionaire partnership with Buffalo-based Delaware North — a food-services company owned by Jeremy Jacobs, considered one of the most powerful NHL figures outside of commissioner Gary Bettman...The longtime Boston Bruins owner is chairman of the NHL’s board of governors and an influential figure on the league’s powerful executive committee, which has huge sway over major issues — expansion being one of them.

“Jeremy Jacobs is without a doubt the most powerful owner in the NHL,’’ Ken Campbell, senior writer for The Hockey News in Canada, said Tuesday. “And he’s the one who has the most sway when it comes to the executive committee — which is where the real power lies in the NHL. It’s not so much with the entire board of governors; it’s with the executive committee, and he’s the alpha male of the executive committee. So that’s really all you need to know.’’

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Could Seattle get an expansion team by 2020?

Probably a better chance than the Nuggets winning a playoff series in 94.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#3 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:30 am

bwgood77 wrote:Probably a better chance than the Nuggets winning a playoff series in 94.

Mutombo, man! I still have nightmares. That was an epic choke job. Payton & Ricky Pierce didn't get along & the chemistry of the team was off. Otherwise that team should have won the title that year. :(
North_of_Border
Pro Prospect
And1: 369

Post#4 » by North_of_Border » Fri May 26, 2017 11:06 pm

Quebec City.

..... drops the mic.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using RealGM mobile app
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#5 » by Cactus Jack » Fri May 26, 2017 11:33 pm

North_of_Border wrote:Quebec City.

..... drops the mic.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using RealGM mobile app

It's Seattle or bust for future NHL expansion. The league has demonstrated they prefer the Seattle market to a team in Quebec. The city is in the final process of securing a new arena that would house hockey.

Read on Twitter
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#6 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Jun 7, 2017 9:24 pm

macNcheese3
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Post#7 » by macNcheese3 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:14 pm

Would be cool hopefully this would lead to another NBA franchise as well
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#8 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:35 pm

Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,965

Post#9 » by Otis Driftwood » Sun Oct 1, 2017 4:38 pm

And more positive news...

http://www.king5.com/news/local/arena/oak-view-group-selected-seattle-keyarena-renovation/446404255

Bringing serious fire power it appears, my friend.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#10 » by Cactus Jack » Sun Oct 1, 2017 5:22 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:

And more positive news...

http://www.king5.com/news/local/arena/oak-view-group-selected-seattle-keyarena-renovation/446404255

Bringing serious fire power it appears, my friend.

Indeed! :D
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,170

Post#11 » by Mr Swagtastic » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:10 pm

Not to be a downer but I don't think Seattle should be getting the next NHL team. I think Quebec is the next NHL ready market. Hockey is like a religion in Quebec and as bad as the Montreal Canadians are right now they are still selling out games. I get that Seattle is a great sports city but what happens if they fail? The city will be on the hook for a $600+ million arena and be left selling the team for pennies on the dollar.

Also are they talking about a new expansion team like The Las Vegas Golden Knights? or a relocation of say The Arizona Coyotes? Either way I think it's a risky venture that will not pay off, if anything Seattle should be getting a NBA back first
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#12 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:45 pm

Mr Swagtastic wrote:Not to be a downer but I don't think Seattle should be getting the next NHL team. I think Quebec is the next NHL ready market. Hockey is like a religion in Quebec and as bad as the Montreal Canadians are right now they are still selling out games. I get that Seattle is a great sports city but what happens if they fail? The city will be on the hook for a $600+ million arena and be left selling the team for pennies on the dollar.

Also are they talking about a new expansion team like The Las Vegas Golden Knights? or a relocation of say The Arizona Coyotes? Either way I think it's a risky venture that will not pay off, if anything Seattle should be getting a NBA back first

Quebec absolutely deserves a franchise. But, Seattle does as well. We've been waiting a long time. It's true the NBA should be back. However, all signs point to the NHL putting a team in Seattle first. A new arena is on the way. A new hockey team could begin play as soon as 2020. NHL investors are lined up & waiting for approval from the league. It's happening, my friend! :D
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Re: RE: Re: NHL to Seattle? 

Post#13 » by Mr Swagtastic » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:51 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr Swagtastic wrote:Not to be a downer but I don't think Seattle should be getting the next NHL team. I think Quebec is the next NHL ready market. Hockey is like a religion in Quebec and as bad as the Montreal Canadians are right now they are still selling out games. I get that Seattle is a great sports city but what happens if they fail? The city will be on the hook for a $600+ million arena and be left selling the team for pennies on the dollar.

HOW DARE YOU!??

Quebec absolutely deserves a franchise. But, Seattle does as well. We've been waiting a long time. It's true the NBA should be back. However, all signs point to the NHL putting a team in Seattle first.

Seattle is a world class city but I still think Quebec needs a team first. Good thing with Seattle though is you have the islands of BC like Victoria who can go and Portland and even the greater Washington state area.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#14 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:54 pm

Mr Swagtastic wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

HOW DARE YOU!??

Quebec absolutely deserves a franchise. But, Seattle does as well. We've been waiting a long time. It's true the NBA should be back. However, all signs point to the NHL putting a team in Seattle first.

Seattle is a world class city but I still think Quebec needs a team first. Good thing with Seattle though is you have the islands of BC like Victoria who can go and Portland and even the greater Washington state area.

There is a good hockey fanbase in Seattle. The Seattle Thunderbirds (WHL) is strongly supported. A good natural rival for Vancouver & the Canucks.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#15 » by Mr Swagtastic » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:27 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr Swagtastic wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:HOW DARE YOU!??

There is a good hockey fanbase in Seattle. The Seattle Thunderbirds (WHL) is strongly supported. A good natural rival for Vancouver & the Canucks.

Yeah I get that Seattle has a great minor league team, I think they are a obvious market but knowing Bettman he will put a team in say Ohio before a team in Quebec to many Canadians he's the worst thing to happen to hockey in a long time
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#16 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Dec 5, 2017 12:58 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#17 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Dec 5, 2017 1:20 pm

Mr Swagtastic wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr Swagtastic wrote:

Yeah I get that Seattle has a great minor league team, I think they are a obvious market but knowing Bettman i.e.; Buttplug he will put a team in say Ohio before a team in Quebec to many Canadians he's the worst thing to happen to hockey in a long time ever

I'm here to help.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#18 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Dec 5, 2017 1:22 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

BramptonYute
Head Coach
And1: 8,677

Post#19 » by BramptonYute » Tue Dec 5, 2017 6:48 pm

Mr Swagtastic wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

HOW DARE YOU!??

I think theres more potential for growth in both Seattle and Houston.

I think those cities will get a team before Quebec. 1 being an expansion team, and the other being a relocation.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#20 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Dec 5, 2017 7:39 pm

Read on Twitter

Return to The General NHL Board