ImageImageImageImageImage

Fury #9 wins...err, Minny wins the coin toss!

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Re: Fury #9 wins...err, Minny wins the coin toss! 

Post#621 » by Greenie » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:28 pm

Knicksfan20 wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Knicksfan20 wrote:So we lucked out 2 years ago by dropping 1 spot in the draft..Maybe this is a blessing in disguise also?

Here's the big difference. Knicks were still in the top 4. Now, the Knicks are looking at being towards the bottom of the top 10.

It's a little easier to be lucky each spot you move up. See Curry, Seth.

Yes I understand this, but at the same time...many great players get drafted in the 7-15 range also. And many busts end up in the 1-5 range.

Im just trying to be partially optimistic here. :cry:

Kawhi wasn't top 10
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#622 » by Greenie » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:29 pm

We can still get a really good player. Even a superstar. We have to have a meshing roster though.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 49,446

Post#623 » by Deeeez Knicks » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:39 pm

Guess either way its still Frank or top 3. Its just therapuetic to complain about this
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 81,775

Post#624 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:56 pm

Greenie wrote:
Knicksfan20 wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Here's the big difference. Knicks were still in the top 4. Now, the Knicks are looking at being towards the bottom of the top 10.

Yes I understand this, but at the same time...many great players get drafted in the 7-15 range also. And many busts end up in the 1-5 range.

Kawhi wasn't top 10

Outlier. Also, I always acknowledge you can get a very good, even great player from 8 on down. It's just the chances go way down. Also, lets factor in the random luck factor even after good scouting. Lets say every year, without fail, a Kawhi level player appears, let's say 10th, for arguments sake. That means a somewhat rotating cast of teams passes on that sort of player 9 times, yet it can't be that everyone of those scouting departments is lame. Ok, so a few obvious picks and drafting for need, but it still sort of indicates 4-5 teams not doing a very good job of scouting. Possible, just not preferable.

Hey, it's water under the bridge, the Knicks are picking 7th or 8th, might luck out with the lottery (doubtful - those odds again), but for a moment there there was a real shot at 4th. And face it, the real impact players tend to be in top 3, which 4th would have at least given the Knicks better odds plus a crack at the guy just out of the top 3.
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#625 » by HEZI » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:09 pm

You all should blame the TWolves not the Knicks. The Knicks barely beat a depleted Sixers team, barely being the key word. The pathetic TWolves couldn't beat the Thunder without Westbrook. Tank commander Rubio doing what he does best
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
whocares1
General Manager
And1: 5,975

Post#626 » by whocares1 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:11 pm

SMAC-K wrote:You all should blame the TWolves not the Knicks. The Knicks barely beat a depleted Sixers team, barely being the key word. The pathetic TWolves couldn't beat the Thunder without Westbrook. Tank commander Rubio doing what he does best

But..I thought Rubio was supposed to ruin our tank if we traded for him? Wasn't that why people didn't want him?
HEZI
RealGM

Post#627 » by HEZI » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:13 pm

whocares1 wrote:
SMAC-K wrote:You all should blame the TWolves not the Knicks. The Knicks barely beat a depleted Sixers team, barely being the key word. The pathetic TWolves couldn't beat the Thunder without Westbrook. Tank commander Rubio doing what he does best

But..I thought Rubio was supposed to ruin our tank if he traded for him? Wasn't that why people didn't want him?

Yeah he was supposed to be the guy that was going to destroy our tank and make our young guys better and blah blah blah

People were crying over a bench player
DENVER NUGGETS
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,309

Post#628 » by dakomish23 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:21 pm

ctorres wrote:
VirginiaKnickFan wrote:
Besart19 wrote:we're getting a top3 pick... no doubt about it... Adam Silver is a Knick fan after all!!

Unless that anti-NYK conspiracy is true :D

Not a conspiracy but a curse. Picks 7-9....are the likely outcome.

I don't really get why ending up 7-9 is a problem.

I would be more than happy to draft Markkanen and have him bomb away threes alongside either KP or Willy. The spacing they can create would be a thing of beauty.

We willingly dropped back a spot in the order if we don't end up in the top 3. I don't think anyone complains if we lose that game and have the 6th spot if the draft order doesn't change.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
whocares1
General Manager

Post#629 » by whocares1 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:25 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
ctorres wrote:
VirginiaKnickFan wrote:
Not a conspiracy but a curse. Picks 7-9....are the likely outcome.

I would be more than happy to draft Markkanen and have him bomb away threes alongside either KP or Willy. The spacing they can create would be a thing of beauty.

We willingly dropped back a spot in the order if we don't end up in the top 3. I don't think anyone complains if we lose that game and have the 6th spot if the draft order doesn't change.

The fact that N'Dour decided the game meant it was going to happen anyway. Minnesota lost to the Lakers twice and OKC without Westbrook while playing their best players 40 minutes a game. The basketball gods have spoken man.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 47,893

Post#630 » by DOT » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:25 pm

SMAC-K wrote:
whocares1 wrote:

But..I thought Rubio was supposed to ruin our tank if he traded for him? Wasn't that why people didn't want him?

Yeah he was supposed to be the guy that was going to destroy our tank and make our young guys better and blah blah blah

I also blame the Heat and Bulls, those two wins down the stretch were crucial for us, I have no idea how we won them
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#631 » by dakomish23 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:39 pm

whocares1 wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
ctorres wrote:

The fact that N'Dour decided the game meant it was going to happen anyway. Minnesota lost to the Lakers twice and OKC without Westbrook while playing their best players 40 minutes a game. The basketball gods have spoken man.

You complain about a comment I made about a game we won in JANUARY when we were still in the playoff race because "fans knew we needed to tank".

And now you're accepting that they hurt their own tank on the last game of the season in APRIL.

Do you not see how your argument are conflicting?

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
HEZI
RealGM

Post#632 » by HEZI » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:44 pm

K-DOT wrote:
SMAC-K wrote:
whocares1 wrote:

I also blame the Heat and Bulls, those two wins down the stretch were crucial for us, I have no idea how we won them

At least the Heat competed hard in that game, things were just not going their way. The Bulls were pathetic in their effort and energy and just laid down and took the L.
DENVER NUGGETS
whocares1
General Manager

Post#633 » by whocares1 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:49 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
whocares1 wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:

You complain about a comment I made about a game we won in JANUARY when we were still in the playoff race because "fans knew we needed to tank".

And now you're accepting that they hurt their own tank on the last game of the season in APRIL.

Lol we were never in the playoff race. Even in January we were destined for the lottery and anyone with any sort of awareness knew that.
Im no longer part of team tank Im really just part of "don't stress it, Knicks are gonna Knick" team. Knicks of course won the last game on a game winner by Maurice NDour because Knicks. Knicks of course lose the "coin flip" to Minnesota because Knicks. At a certain point I just realized that the team loses when they should win, and win when they should lose and I don't need that stress in my life.
PeteW
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,568

Post#634 » by PeteW » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:53 pm

I'm still hanging onto that 18%. That's not bad odds at all. And in the case we dont jump to the top 3, I'm warming up to Frank a bit.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#635 » by dakomish23 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:53 pm

whocares1 wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
whocares1 wrote:

Lol we were never in the playoff race. Even in January we were destined for the lottery and anyone with any sort of awareness knew that.
Im no longer part of team tank Im really just part of "don't stress it, Knicks are gonna Knick" team. Knicks of course won the last game on a game winner by Maurice NDour because Knicks. Knicks of course lose the "coin flip" to Minnesota because Knicks. At a certain point I just realized that the team loses when they should win, and win when they should lose and I don't need that stress in my life.

This is a terrible spin job.

And it still doesn't explain why you are so hardcore about tanking in January but are fine with winning the final game which put you back one slot??

Spoiler:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 81,775

Post#636 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:56 pm

If the basketball gods have spoken, they have said "We like tank" because that's exactly what Minny was doing losing twice to the Lakers. And they got rewarded for their effort.
whocares1
General Manager

Post#637 » by whocares1 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:03 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
whocares1 wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:

This is a terrible spin job.

And it still doesn't explain why you are so hardcore about tanking in January but are fine with winning the final game which put you back one slot??

I was hardcore back in January, but the pointless victories were stressing me out. Every win the same ****. One side saying that rooting for losses makes you a fake fan, one side saying that we need as many losses as possible to get a high draft pick and then a few users sprinkled in there that would say "It's just one game. They can't lose them all. Knicks are still in a good position to lose these next couple of games." At a certain point you get tired of it.

Btw I'm not "fine with winning the last game." I just knew it was going to happen. I was at the gym watching it with my friend who doesn't watch regular season basketball and I told him that the Knicks were going to find a way to win. He came to same conclusion as me after they won. The Knicks are cursed so don't waste your passion on a team that can't get out of their own way. Just sit on the sideline until there's something to cheer about.
Traveyknicks23
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,775

Post#638 » by Traveyknicks23 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:34 pm

lol born to lose but refuse to walk away :banghead:
Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Post#639 » by Marty McFly » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:40 pm

Knicksfan20 wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Knicksfan20 wrote:So we lucked out 2 years ago by dropping 1 spot in the draft..Maybe this is a blessing in disguise also?

many great players get chosen by teams that aren't the knicks. the times that we've picked in that range over the last 15 years, the draft has not been kind to us. the best out of that bunch is gallo, and he's been injury prone for most of his career, which is why having a top 5 would have likely mitigated our undistinguished lottery history, as it did in kp's case.

i really do hope that we land the best player int he draft in that range, cause i know the anti-tankers are going to act like we didn't try to compete this season, the next time we put a pedestrian team on the floor.
Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.
Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Post#640 » by Marty McFly » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:44 pm

PeteW wrote:I'm still hanging onto that 18%. That's not bad odds at all. And in the case we dont jump to the top 3, I'm warming up to Frank a bit.

worst come to worst, if we fall to 10 and frank is there, i can't see how that's not a godsend at that point.
Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.

Return to New York Knicks