If The Raptors Had Kemba Walker They Would Be A Lock For The Finals

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Kswiss
Rookie
And1: 370

Re: If The Raptors Had Kemba Walker They Would Be A Lock For The Finals 

Post#41 » by Kswiss » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:43 am

The_Hater wrote:
Illmatic12 wrote:A team that could really use Walker is the Milwaukee Bucks. A dynamic shooting/scoring PG is what they're missing, they would be blowing Toronto out of the water if they had Kemba.

Walker wouldn't help the Bucks as much as you think. He would take the ball out of Giannis and Middleton's hands while providing far worse defense than Brogdan and Delle. I think Bucks are better with the ball in the hands of those 2 players on offense and having all those long armed defenders who can switch everything in defense.

This. Applies to most teams starting PG's as well. Kemba's a natural sixth man, but a lot of people underrate sixth men. Crawford was very good in his prime
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,480

Post#42 » by Duke4life831 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:47 am

HornetsFan29 wrote:Kemba byhimself took a UConn team who was not even good and led them to a national Title.That is how much of a leader and clutch Kemba is .

Well damn Melo carried an even worse team to the national title for Syracuse. I bet that dude must be the ultimate winner and lead his teams to deep playoff runs.....
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,755

Post#43 » by Prez » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:49 am

You guys are crazy about Kemba on the Bucks, he would make us monumentally better. One of the bigger issues with the Bucks all season has been having no super quick attacking guard to put pressure on defenses and take pressure off Giannis and Jabari or Middleton. In this era damn near every good team has to have a guy like that.
MrBaynes
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,863

Post#44 » by MrBaynes » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:49 am

I don't even think the Raptors would be a lock if they ADDED Kemba to their current team, let alone if you take away Lowry....
DoubleO8
Rookie
And1: 308

Post#45 » by DoubleO8 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:58 am

I love trashing Lowry but I'm not sure how balanced they would be as a team with Walker instead of him. Walker would definitely be scoring better but, Lowrys defense and leadership would be missed I reckon.
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,634

Re: RE: Re: If The Raptors Had Kemba Walker They Would Be A Lock For The Finals 

Post#46 » by yosemiteben » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:16 am

3Diamantidis wrote:Maybe brogdon himself(who knows?)... But he is also a better shooter than kemba.

wot

Kemba is Steph Curry level at C&S threes. Educate yourself.
slothrop8
Head Coach
And1: 7,278

Post#47 » by slothrop8 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:29 am

MrBaynes wrote:I don't even think the Raptors would be a lock if they ADDED Kemba to their current team, let alone if you take away Lowry....

Exactly. If we add Kahwi Leonard I don't hate our chances. Adding Kemba Walker doesn't make us a lock to beat Milwaukee let alone make the Finals.
OrangeBlueSkies
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,097

Post#48 » by OrangeBlueSkies » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:33 am

Kemba ain't ****. He's an undersized Jamal Crawford. Hit or Miss. Get out of here with that, Lowry is an all around GEM.
LeMasta
Veteran
And1: 2,194

Post#49 » by LeMasta » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:58 am

If the Hawks had Wall, PG and Butler they'd be a lock for the finals
tundraknight
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,913

Post#50 » by tundraknight » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:18 am

He would make a good 6th man scorer.

For example a team like this,

PG - John Wall
SG - Jimmy Butler
SF - Kawhi Leonard
PF - Giannis Antetokounmpo
C - Rudy Gobert

Bench - Kamba Walker, Devin Booker, Otto Porter, Serge Ibaka, Bismack Biyambo.
BatumtheGlue
Starter
And1: 441

Post#51 » by BatumtheGlue » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:38 am

Dude, don't you realize that majority of Raptors fans think Lowry is a better player than Derozan?
Mamut menteng ureh utusku, isen mulang jite penyangku.
Credit to amcoolio for the signature .gif.
peralta
Bench Warmer
And1: 894

Post#52 » by peralta » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:55 am

Hornets was in the thick of things in playoff seeding battle in the East...then they fell off...if Kemba is so good. what happened there?
peralta
Bench Warmer

Post#53 » by peralta » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:56 am

BatumtheGlue wrote:Dude, don't you realize that majority of Raptors fans think Lowry is a better player than Derozan?

nah...we just like the brotherhood Deebo and Kyle have. Chemistry is important.
Jables
Analyst
And1: 2,443

Post#54 » by Jables » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:02 am

Lillard and now Lowry. It's funny how they can consistently produce utter garbage on the big stage but they don't get much criticism, Lowry to an even bigger extent. Obviously the Raptors thing helps him there.
Emhoward
Junior
And1: 397

Post#55 » by Emhoward » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:30 am

peralta wrote:Hornets was in the thick of things in playoff seeding battle in the East...then they fell off...if Kemba is so good. what happened there?

Pretty sure This is a rhetorical, and you believe Lowry>>>Kemba with ease, but in case you're really asking -- Cody Zeller going down is what really happened there.
shanghaifanzi
Senior
And1: 796

Post#56 » by shanghaifanzi » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:50 am

how many times kemba go through playoffs in his entire career? only 2 times so nope he's not better than lowry
3Diamantidis
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,300

Re: RE: Re: If The Raptors Had Kemba Walker They Would Be A Lock For The Finals 

Post#57 » by 3Diamantidis » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:00 am

yosemiteben wrote:
3Diamantidis wrote:Maybe brogdon himself(who knows?)... But he is also a better shooter than kemba.

wot

You are being a homer.
Brogdon is shooting 40.4% on his rookie season.
Kemba's pct is 39%. That's not a huge difference..
But malcolm is a rookie. Rookies usually improve not decline. Especially if they have the work ethic of brogdon.
I love kemba. I just don't think he's a good fit for all teams :wink:
peralta
Bench Warmer

Post#58 » by peralta » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:01 am

Emhoward wrote:
peralta wrote:Hornets was in the thick of things in playoff seeding battle in the East...then they fell off...if Kemba is so good. what happened there?

Pretty sure This is a rhetorical, and you believe Lowry>>>Kemba with ease, but in case you're really asking -- Cody Zeller going down is what really happened there.

it was not meant that way....i just wasn't able to catch Hornets games much this season...I was wondering what really did happn...coz when Raps face the Hornets it was always a tough game. Ooo tough break losing Zeller.
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,634

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: If The Raptors Had Kemba Walker They Would Be A Lock For The Finals 

Post#59 » by yosemiteben » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:26 am

3Diamantidis wrote:
yosemiteben wrote:

wot

You are being a homer.
Brogdon is shooting 40.4% on his rookie season.
Kemba's pct is 39%. That's not a huge difference..

Actually I'm not:

http://stats.nba.com/players/catch-shoot/#!?Season=2016-17&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&sort=CATCH_SHOOT_FG3_PCT&dir=1&CF=CATCH_SHOOT_FG3A*GE*2:GP*GE*10

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/kemba-walker-doesnt-care-how-close-youre-guarding-him/

Kemba was an elite three point shooter for much of this season, finished 7th in the league in made threes, and was literally one of the two or three best in the league in C&S situations. Disrespectful to act like a rookie who averaged one made three per game is the better shooter, especially given the far greater volume Kemba shot and the greater defensive attention Kemba receives. Is Brogdon a better shooter than Beal, Eric Gordon, and Harden?
Hornet Mania
General Manager
And1: 7,391

Post#60 » by Hornet Mania » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:20 am

I'd definitely rather have Kemba if my team was playing today. Lowry hasn't looked well, maybe he's still shaking off the rust.

If the Raps had a healthy Kemba they'd raise their odds of making the conference finals for sure, assuming his struggles are injuries/rust (which is my personal belief), but the actual Finals are still a Lebron injury away for any East team.

The folks saying Kemba should be a 6th man aren't staying current. He made a mini-leap this year in 3pt shooting, he's putting up percentages and volume that are just below the uber-elite (Steph/Klay/etc) in that area. That was always what held his game back, taking midrange shots instead of 3s (and shooting 3s at a low percentage when he did take them), but he's the rare case of a poor shooter becoming an excellent shooter through repetition.

Give Kemba a longer look next year (or if you have league pass check some archived games), he's much better than you remember.

Also, the reason Charlotte fell out of the playoffs was injuries. Zeller specifically, that was the real killer because we have zero depth at C, but Batum also missed time and took weeks to play himself back into form. We went from 4-6th place to 9-12th place in basically a month. In spite of that the team finished near the top 10 in efficiency stats, suggesting without injuries they're almost certainly the 4th-6th type team we thought and not the lottery squad they ended up. They key is to add depth in the offseason and pray the injury gods leave us alone in 2018.

Return to The General Board