Will ANY NBA team visit the white house?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Carlos_Danger
Junior
And1: 623

Re: Will ANY NBA team visit the white house? 

Post#121 » by Carlos_Danger » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:55 am

Crooked-I wrote:I don't know what to believe anymore.

Skepticism? Unwillingness to blindly believe what you see/hear in media?

That kind of behavior is verboten citizen.

Iraq has WMDs, Obama is a secret Kenyan manchurian candidate, PPACA will lower your insurance premiums, Hillary Clinton will win the election and Trump has no path to 270, Trump is a secret Russian manchurian candidate. Consume your daily doses of truth without question plebe.
NyKnicks1714
RealGM
And1: 24,180

Post#122 » by NyKnicks1714 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:00 am

Carlos_Danger wrote:

Iraq has WMDs, Obama is a secret Kenyan manchurian candidate, PPACA will lower your insurance premiums, Hillary Clinton will win the election and Trump has no path to 270, Trump is a secret Russian manchurian candidate. Consume your daily doses of truth without question plebe.

Yes yes, you're enlightened and we're all sheeple, we get it.
Erifee
Senior
And1: 305

Post#123 » by Erifee » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:01 am

Eoghan wrote:I wish my President had better things to do than pretend to give a chit about random team from random sport winning random championship.

Think of all the turkeys he could be pardoning instead.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:His Suns about 5 or 6 years ago came close to getting to the Finals who got ripped off in that one playoff series when he was thrown across a table by Robert Horry who you might also consider an excellent core piece.
Crooked-I
General Manager
And1: 2,686

Post#124 » by Crooked-I » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:11 am

The earth is flat.
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE

RIP Kobe and Gigi
Crooked-I
General Manager
And1: 2,686

Post#125 » by Crooked-I » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:11 am

Carlos_Danger wrote:

#staywoke
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE

RIP Kobe and Gigi
Daddy 801
General Manager
And1: 2,436

Post#126 » by Daddy 801 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:24 am

I would skip the trip regardless of who is in office. It's a joke we have anyone with that much power. I'm glad a guy like Trump got it in so people can see how silly the whole idea of a president is.
Kurosawa0
Analyst
And1: 3,276

Post#127 » by Kurosawa0 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:25 am

Carlos_Danger wrote:
Senbonzakura wrote:If you're a Trump supporter you're either an idiot or a racist, misogynist, islamophobe or the like.

THIS is the good stuff right here. Everyone who is against Trump should let Trump supporters or people who are even THINKING about maybe voting to reelect him in 2020 have it like this. As often as possible.

This rational and reasoned argument will change hearts and minds and the GOP will totally not increase their Senate majority in Nov. 2018 with all those 2012 Obama reelection year Senate seats up for grabs again.

Arguing electoral success = being right is pretty weak. I mean, it's the same argument homophobes used a few years ago when saying that gay marriage was wrong because it was defeated on the ballot time after time. Voters chose a disgusting option then, just as they did in November.

I'm not saying that you're a bad person for supporting Trump, but it is a morally bankrupt position to take. If you are fine supporting someone whose political career was born in the racist sin of birtherism then, yes, I'm sorry, but people have the right to call that out. And hiding behind vote counts doesn't change the fact that what you support is morally repugnant, behind liberal or conservative.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,588

Post#128 » by HiRez » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:55 am

Would love to see Draymond Green get in Trump's face.
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,467

Post#129 » by RIPskaterdude » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:56 am

Crooked-I wrote:Image

Is everyone sure only 7 Patriots opted out? lol

EDIT: maybe this picture is fake news like Trumps small inauguration crowd size.

Already been debunked
tpickles
Sophomore
And1: 36

Post#130 » by tpickles » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:05 am

JoeyMorgan619 wrote:If/when the Bucks win, Spencer Hawes would love to go

Why did you say that?
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#131 » by Mylie10 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:07 am

Shock Defeat wrote:There are a ton of players from the pats skipping today's white house visit. The NBA is more liberal than the NFL and a bunch of players and coaches have outright criticized Trump. There is NO WAY that I see any NBA champion visiting the White House while Trump is there.

I thought I heard 6 players. Is that right? Hardly a ton.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#132 » by Mylie10 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:08 am

Pretty sure Steph and Iguodala wouldn't go.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Wolfy1983
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,299

Post#133 » by Wolfy1983 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:21 am

I bet if Obama was making the same executive desicions, these guys would go. The hypocrisy is laughable. These players couldn't care less about politics as long as a mixed black man was in the White House.
Sig By: MettaWorldPanda
Bankai
RealGM
And1: 26,485

Post#134 » by Bankai » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:40 am

Wolfy1983 wrote:I bet if Obama was making the same executive desicions, these guys would go. The hypocrisy is laughable. These players couldn't care less about politics as long as a mixed black man was in the White House.

Except Obama wouldnt and didnt. Thats his character. Tim Thomas didnt want to meet Obama and that was his right. NBA teams met with Bush just fine.

Or maybe more people just dont like Trump is because he looks like a Devil with funny hair.
EmperorLocky
Sixth Man
And1: 3,043

Post#135 » by EmperorLocky » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:02 am

Well if Warriors win I'm fairly certain the whole of Oakland and San Francisco will undergo what historians in years to come call "The Triggering" if a single Warrior shows up at the Whitehouse.

The whole American government machine is corrupt and dangerous and has caused massive amounts of tragedies around the world. But you know stuff Trump I guess because feelings. Wish Bogut was still a Warrior cause he would definitely be going.
Wolfy1983
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,299

Post#136 » by Wolfy1983 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:03 am

Bankai wrote:
Wolfy1983 wrote:I bet if Obama was making the same executive desicions, these guys would go. The hypocrisy is laughable. These players couldn't care less about politics as long as a mixed black man was in the White House.

Except Obama wouldnt and didnt. Thats his character. Tim Thomas didnt want to meet Obama and that was his right. NBA teams met with Bush just fine.

Or maybe more people just dont like Trump is because he looks like a Devil with funny hair.

Obama didn't bomb parts of the Middle East and he didn't have an immigration ban ? Are we gonna play that game?
Sig By: MettaWorldPanda
Simmons25
Analyst
And1: 2,235

Post#137 » by Simmons25 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:00 am

Crooked-I wrote:Image

Is everyone sure only 7 Patriots opted out? lol

EDIT: maybe this picture is fake news like Trumps small inauguration crowd size.

Ouch. Now don't you look a little silly.

You know it's bad... when the New York times post yet another anti-Trump article that is so fake... that even the New England Patriots come out and call you out for #fakenews.

Read on Twitter

So New York Times.... posted a "retraction" in the form of an "update" which hardly anyone has seen.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnd the New York Times lied... AGAIN within their update.... by saying 34 visited today vs 50 in 2015. WRONG.

So the New England Patriots... had to once again correct the #Fakenews of the New York Times... where in fact 36 players visited in 2015... not 50 as the New York Compost claimed.

Read on Twitter

So at what point... do you guys finally realise that its the Mainstream Media that is the one feeding the BS.... and that THEY are the fake news?
DK-All Day
General Manager
And1: 8,331

Post#138 » by DK-All Day » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:14 am

Myth wrote:
DK-All Day wrote:
Shock Defeat wrote:There are a ton of players from the pats skipping today's white house visit. The NBA is more liberal than the NFL and a bunch of players and coaches have outright criticized Trump. There is NO WAY that I see any NBA champion visiting the White House while Trump is there.

Only seven player are skipping. The rest are going.

And no, I don't see a NBA team skipping the White House visit.

I thought I read over half did not attend. Like 34 skipped is what I thought I read, not 7.

If 34 players skipped, the White House would have canceled the entire ceremony. It would basically be Kraft and Belichick
Handsome.
Jables
Analyst
And1: 2,443

Post#139 » by Jables » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:58 am

I hated Bush growing up but it still would have been awesome to go to the White House under his presidency if I won a ring. Trump I wouldn't want to go near. Realistically as well NBA players have their image to look after to a different extent to NFL players who are obviously in a very conservative environment.
Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Post#140 » by Kabookalu » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:08 am

Wolfy1983 wrote:
Bankai wrote:

Obama didn't bomb parts of the Middle East and he didn't have an immigration ban ? Are we gonna play that game?

When did he have an immigration ban?
Read on Twitter

Return to The General Board