WCQF | (1) Golden State Warriors vs Portland Trailblazers (8) | GSW 4-0

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Series Prediction

Warriors in 4
53%
Warriors in 5
30%
Warriors in 6
5%
Warriors in 7
0%
Trailblazers in 4
4%
Trailblazers in 5
1%
Trailblazers in 6
4%
Trailblazers in 7
3%

Total votes: 409

Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,221

Re: WCQF | (1) Golden State Warriors vs Portland Trailblazers (8) | GSW 2-0 

Post#1401 » by Dan Z » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:27 am

Does anyone know if Nurkic will play in game 3?
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#1402 » by Mylie10 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:29 am

bakesale wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:This might be blasphemous, but I would trade Lillard for a huge package. His value is extremely high and could get your more than McCollum. And I personally think McCollum is more complete as a player.

Trading Lillard at the time of the draft could reap huge benefits.

Interesting take.

I would disagree that McCollum is a more complete player than Lillard though. Lillard is a better leader and playmaker, ie he makes his team go, whereas McCollum is more of a complementary player. I don't have the stats on me but I'd guess that Lillard is better at finishing at the rim too.

Both aren't great defenders however again going with my eyeball test I reckon Lillard's is better.

There's a reason why Lillard is more valuable...

McCollum is a much better and more willing defender. Lillard is more of a cherry picker.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
bakesale
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,776

Post#1403 » by bakesale » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:41 am

Mylie10 wrote:
bakesale wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:This might be blasphemous, but I would trade Lillard for a huge package. His value is extremely high and could get your more than McCollum. And I personally think McCollum is more complete as a player.

Interesting take.

I would disagree that McCollum is a more complete player than Lillard though. Lillard is a better leader and playmaker, ie he makes his team go, whereas McCollum is more of a complementary player. I don't have the stats on me but I'd guess that Lillard is better at finishing at the rim too.

Both aren't great defenders however again going with my eyeball test I reckon Lillard's is better.

There's a reason why Lillard is more valuable...

McCollum is a much better and more willing defender. Lillard is more of a cherry picker.

I dunno... from what I've seen the past couple of seasons from McCollum is that he gets beaten off the dribble more easily than most. That's either slow feet or not as "willing" as you think.

I keep thinking, if only Klay had better handles, he'd blow by McCollum every time...
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#1404 » by Mylie10 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:56 am

Warriors bench with 50 tonight
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
CnG
Rookie
And1: 2,554

Post#1405 » by CnG » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:33 am

That game at Oracle where Dame was out and CJ ran the point turned me from fan into all-in on CJ. If I had to build around one I'd choose him over Dame considering the latter could probably net you a better package too.

Although I LOVE the take no prisoners, confident, f••k you attitude of that back court. Their comments re: Draymond's trash talk were like music to my ears, unlike the response from a certain person in the GOAT conversation 8-)

Edit: also I wonder what odds I could've got on McGee to outscore Lillard and CJ in a playoff game, whilst being 100% from the field :lol:
Read on Twitter
Young_Star11
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,767

Post#1406 » by Young_Star11 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:13 am

Had GS in no more than 5 and it's looking very accurate at this stage. They say never judge a playoff series until both teams have played at home, but I don't think it changes how I will see this series.
NBAfan3024
RealGM
And1: 7,035

Post#1407 » by NBAfan3024 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:37 am

Great performance and mcgee was great
antonac
Starter
And1: 2,196

Post#1408 » by antonac » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:45 am

it sucks that TNTs response to the shaqtin' thing was to poutily go "we'll just never mention him again." rather than apologise for letting it get too far.

I feel like he's still getting punished by them as these sorts of performances should be drawing a lot of praise.
NBAFan93
RealGM
And1: 14,221

Re: WCQF | (1) Golden State Warriors vs Portland Trailblazers (8) | GSW 1-0 

Post#1409 » by NBAFan93 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:24 am

Jkam31 wrote:Every 3 they hit is celebrated as a game winner

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

When I see this comment, I'm so glad I missed most of this game watching OKC post game interviews, etc. It's so unwatchable when they do that over-celebrating during blowouts, especially at home.

Glad McGee did well though. Saw he did the postgame interview on the court - good for him :).
Ganji
Analyst
And1: 1,912

Post#1410 » by Ganji » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:39 am

NBAfan3024 wrote:Great performance and mcgee was great

McGee deserves a ring, after the years of abuse.

laika
Analyst
And1: 1,996

Post#1411 » by laika » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:12 pm

antonac wrote:it sucks that TNTs response to the shaqtin' thing was to poutily go "we'll just never mention him again." rather than apologise for letting it get too far.

I feel like he's still getting punished by them as these sorts of performances should be drawing a lot of praise.

Let's hope NBA GMs are all Shaq fans. If other teams allow the Warriors to resign McGee then they deserve to lose.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#1412 » by Mylie10 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:04 pm

Ganji wrote:
NBAfan3024 wrote:Great performance and mcgee was great

McGee deserves a ring, after the years of abuse.

Shaq cost him millions of dollars. Dude is about to recoup.
Khoee wrote “
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#1413 » by Mylie10 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:07 pm

McGee did all his damage in 12 minutes lol!
Khoee wrote “
MisterHibachi
RealGM
And1: 19,073

Post#1414 » by MisterHibachi » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:09 pm

Warriors don't need KD.
"He looked like Batman coming out of nowhere"
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#1415 » by and1GS » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:32 pm

Tim Lehrbach wrote:

McCollum is not "more complete as a player" than Lillard, really. As a Warriors fan, I'd think you should be able to appreciate the gravity that Lillard brings to the offense not only by his shooting but also from his overall activity, whereas CJ is almost strictly a one-on-one savant. Not everybody agrees, but these two are actually terrific complements for one another. I'd hate to see them broken up, unless somebody offers an even better, win-now sorta player for one of them.

I'd say Lillard is tied for as the 5th best PG with Kyrie and right behind John Wall, depending what day it is. In this era where the NBA is loaded with premier PG talent, that means he's an incredibly special player and franchise cornerstone. If there's one guy I'd never trade on the Blazers, it's Dame. Great leader that can do all things on the court and is a perfect height for his position.

I've always been impressed when watching CJ, but he reminds me a lot of a less developed, shorter Klay. We love Klay over in Warrior land, but sometimes he seems just as likely to go 2/20 as he does 18/20 and it gets tough to rely on him at the highest levels, except for those random games where he goes nuclear. Even if he has a **** game though he can still contribute a lot because of his size and defensive prowess, where CJ doesn't excel. I'm not sure I'd actively shop him, but if there's one core player the Blazers could move on it would be him.

I'm of the belief that this Blazers team is so **** close that they should just roll with what they got. Nurk for a full year already vaults them up a seed or two. Add maybe Ibaka at the 4 and you're getting to top 5. Then you need a 3 who can mask the lack of size from CJ - PG would be phenomenal, but maybe even Otto Porter or Covington?

May be talking out my ass - how do Blazers fans feel about this core? Outside looking in it's a great roster with young bench guys that the jury is still out on.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#1416 » by and1GS » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:37 pm

antonac wrote:it sucks that TNTs response to the shaqtin' thing was to poutily go "we'll just never mention him again." rather than apologise for letting it get too far.

Agreed. Obviously Shaq has a big ego and IDK if folks remember, but when he first joined the team his commentary would be god awful. He'd either make an awkward joke or rip on players and say he's better than them, or that they'd never be on his level. He's refusing to let the JaVale thing go and I was fairly annoyed that after he was our player of the game and got the post game interview, they don't even speak his name or discuss the impact during Inside the NBA.

SAD.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
wjun15
Rookie
And1: 407

Post#1417 » by wjun15 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:43 pm

Blazers looked like they didnt give a !@!% last night everyone but Harkless and possibly Aminu. Wtf was CJ doing out there looking like he was doing drills in practice. And dont get me started on Vonleh and Leonard. If they wanna win some games they need Jusuf in badly.
wjun15
Rookie
And1: 407

Post#1418 » by wjun15 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:46 pm

btw im pissed klay played like trash if he was decent i wouldve won 200k in fan duel. SMFH.
DaVoiceMaster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,083

Post#1419 » by DaVoiceMaster » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:49 pm

and1GS wrote:
Tim Lehrbach wrote:

McCollum is not "more complete as a player" than Lillard, really. As a Warriors fan, I'd think you should be able to appreciate the gravity that Lillard brings to the offense not only by his shooting but also from his overall activity, whereas CJ is almost strictly a one-on-one savant. Not everybody agrees, but these two are actually terrific complements for one another. I'd hate to see them broken up, unless somebody offers an even better, win-now sorta player for one of them.

I'd say Lillard is tied for as the 5th best PG with Kyrie and right behind John Wall, depending what day it is. In this era where the NBA is loaded with premier PG talent, that means he's an incredibly special player and franchise cornerstone. If there's one guy I'd never trade on the Blazers, it's Dame. Great leader that can do all things on the court and is a perfect height for his position.

I've always been impressed when watching CJ, but he reminds me a lot of a less developed, shorter Klay. We love Klay over in Warrior land, but sometimes he seems just as likely to go 2/20 as he does 18/20 and it gets tough to rely on him at the highest levels, except for those random games where he goes nuclear. Even if he has a **** game though he can still contribute a lot because of his size and defensive prowess, where CJ doesn't excel. I'm not sure I'd actively shop him, but if there's one core player the Blazers could move on it would be him.

I'm of the belief that this Blazers team is so **** close that they should just roll with what they got. Nurk for a full year already vaults them up a seed or two. Add maybe Ibaka at the 4 and you're getting to top 5. Then you need a 3 who can mask the lack of size from CJ - PG would be phenomenal, but maybe even Otto Porter or Covington?

May be talking out my ass - how do Blazers fans feel about this core? Outside looking in it's a great roster with young bench guys that the jury is still out on.

The Blazers have 3 keepers ... Lillard, McCollum, and Nurkic. Everyone else is available. I'd hang on to Harkless and Vonleh at this point. Both are young, both have potential, and both play well with Nurkic, but I would have no problem shipping them out either.
DaVoiceMaster
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
12/27/2017 - 01/03/2018
AllMyNeilOlshey
Junior
And1: 42

Post#1420 » by AllMyNeilOlshey » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:27 pm

I think this has been discussed on the blazer board before. Can you give an example of a huge package that would work? I just dont see anything working that puts blazers in a better position. Same with CJ. I am open to trading either to make the team better but...nothing seems appealing.

Return to The General Board