ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA - 1st Round Edition

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Who Will Win The Title???

Warriors
36%
Cavs
7%
Spurs
9%
Rockets
1%
Celtics
3%
Raps
5%
Knicks
23%
Other
4%
STFU Capn'O
6%
STFU Stuporman
5%

Total votes: 110

Knickerbock
Sixth Man
And1: 897

Re: Around the NBA - 1st Round Edition 

Post#761 » by Knickerbock » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:58 am

How does one expect to get the march madness bracket right.... If we can't even predict what happens in the NBA playoffs... :lol: :lol:
RealGM
And1: 39,138

Post#762 » by 2010 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:01 am

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
Tricky_Kid
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,771

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Around the NBA - 1st Round Edition 

Post#763 » by Tricky_Kid » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:07 am

whocares1 wrote:
knicks85 wrote:
whocares1 wrote:
You can call it "bad scripting" but it's being rated highly by people that get paid to watch and review content. It's a highschool drama that deals with things grown men might consider petty.

To answer your question she was never "bullied" by Bryce. He groped her at a store a couple days earlier but he was nice to her throughout the show and the first party she went to when she moved to that neighborhood, she liked him when he approached her. I don't recall the exact reason she went to that party, but it was explained.

Just finished it, it's just a bad show, tons of plot holes crappy dialogue and even worse acting, worst of all it sensationalized suicide....it's pure garbage

You should apply to be a critic. Sounds like you know more than most of these people getting paid.

You sounds sarcastic am I right? :)
I saw a lot movies in my life and pisses me of when I waist my time on something that supposed to be good. I know everyone has different taste but if the ranks are so high You think in worst case it will be average. Not this time.

Ps to the guy who wrote Hannah liked Bryce so her visit in his party wasn't odd.
Just quick remainder - He raped her best friend Jessica and she witnessed it. In episode 11 or 12 she was near by and saw Jessica in jacuzzi with boys and thought what the hell I will join them :)
In that moment any other girl especially Jessica (she listened tapes) wouldn't stay in her raper's jacuzzi. Hannah who knew about the rape joined them despite being shocked by Bryce act few episodes earlier and surprise suprise she also became a victim!
That is only one unlogic hole if you watch it you will find better ones.
aq_ua
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,183

Post#764 » by aq_ua » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:44 am

Just give us Fultz and you can keep Crowder.
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#765 » by Greenie » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:54 am

Capn'O wrote:Off to browse the Raps forum...

I love you Cap...

As much as I love the tears of Craptor fans everywhere.
Greenie
RealGM

Post#766 » by Greenie » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:56 am

SMAC-K wrote:
whocares1 wrote:
SMAC-K wrote:
Just wait until they max out Lowry and Ibaka

What should they do?

Blow that shyt up and tank :D

No. It's our turn.

Let them play on that treadmill for a few years. We not ready yet.
Greenie
RealGM

Post#767 » by Greenie » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:00 am

JohnWillow wrote:
knicksh20b wrote:
Read on Twitter

IT DOES NOT DISAPPOINT

:rofl:

Read on Twitter

Petty.

I approve
Greenie
RealGM

Post#768 » by Greenie » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:07 am

Kinglee wrote:Oh and another thing... I want Leonard on my team over Westbrook and Harden, BUT he is not the second best player in the league. He's a goto scorer and a helluva defender, but I don't think he has the playmaking ability to make decent players look better than they are. Like I think he can put up 25 on any team and play great defense on any team, but look at guys like Jimmy Butler and Geoege (Leonard better than both), I see him in that mold like they're good players, but won't automatically make your team a championship contender.

Writing this didn't come out as easily as it did in my head, I hope people get my point.

Nope.

All I read is you coming for Kawhi.
NY2TheBay
General Manager
And1: 4,164

Post#769 » by NY2TheBay » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:16 am

Kinglee
Analyst
And1: 1,177

Post#770 » by Kinglee » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:26 am

Greenie wrote:
Kinglee wrote:Oh and another thing... I want Leonard on my team over Westbrook and Harden, BUT he is not the second best player in the league. He's a goto scorer and a helluva defender, but I don't think he has the playmaking ability to make decent players look better than they are. Like I think he can put up 25 on any team and play great defense on any team, but look at guys like Jimmy Butler and Geoege (Leonard better than both), I see him in that mold like they're good players, but won't automatically make your team a championship contender.

Writing this didn't come out as easily as it did in my head, I hope people get my point.

Nope.

All I read is you coming for Kawhi.

Lol wasn't trying to. I compared him to Kobe a few post before that. He's a top player in this league. I wish we had him.
whocares1
General Manager
And1: 5,975

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Around the NBA - 1st Round Edition 

Post#771 » by whocares1 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:41 am

Tricky_Kid wrote:
whocares1 wrote:
knicks85 wrote:Just finished it, it's just a bad show, tons of plot holes crappy dialogue and even worse acting, worst of all it sensationalized suicide....it's pure garbage

You should apply to be a critic. Sounds like you know more than most of these people getting paid.

I saw a lot movies in my life and pisses me of when I waist my time on something that supposed to be good. I know everyone has different taste but if the ranks are so high You think in worst case it will be average. Not this time.

Ps to the guy who wrote Hannah liked Bryce so her visit in his party wasn't odd.
Just quick remainder - He raped her best friend Jessica and she witnessed it. In episode 11 or 12 she was near by and saw Jessica in jacuzzi with boys and thought what the hell I will join them :)
In that moment any other girl especially Jessica (she listened tapes) wouldn't stay in her raper's jacuzzi. Hannah who knew about the rape joined them despite being shocked by Bryce act few episodes earlier and surprise suprise she also became a victim!

Re watching now. She says while walking around and hearing loud music "you'd think I'd know better than to follow that call after Jessica's party...but my feet followed it. My mind and heart were still in the big, blank nothing." Clearly indicating that she's near a breaking point, gives no fcks about anything anymore, and presumably wasn't worried for her well being. She began bonding with her ex best friend(they were no longer actually friends when she was raped just acquaintances) and was peer pressured by her to get into the jacuzzi. She didn't just say "Jacuzzi!! I'm in there!"

So where's the plot hole?
Guano
RealGM
And1: 39,947

Post#772 » by Guano » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:25 am

one of the many reasons why i love the nba

Read on Twitter
Chanel Bomber wrote:This board really is full of bad people.
Tricky_Kid
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,771

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Around the NBA - 1st Round Edition 

Post#773 » by Tricky_Kid » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:19 am

whocares1 wrote:
Tricky_Kid wrote:
whocares1 wrote:

Re watching now. She says while walking around and hearing loud music "you'd think I'd know better than to follow that call after Jessica's party...but my feet followed it. My mind and heart were still in the big, blank nothing." Clearly indicating that she's near a breaking point, gives no fcks about anything anymore, and presumably wasn't worried for her well being. She began bonding with her ex best friend(they were no longer actually friends when she was raped just acquaintances) and was peer pressured by her to get into the jacuzzi. She didn't just say "Jacuzzi!! I'm in there!"

So where's the plot hole?

I shouldn't wrote holes but lack of logic.
Can I ask U if someone doesn't give a f..k like U said why she went to school psychologist after that? You can explain her weird behaviour but it all doesn't make sense.
When she went to the jacuzzi she knew who's house she is visiting. It is not a surprise that raper will be on the party and saying she were peer pressured when she saw "friends" in jacuzzi is contradiction. So how was it - she was under their pressure or she doesn't give a damn about everything?
Ask yourself if it is normal to hang out with the raper and guys who suffer her?
Her relationship with Justin and Marcus failed so she thought I will try with Zach he must be different lol If you get screwed over by different people from the same group, U just avoid that group altogether. It’s very simple. And then she continues to associate with them even after Jessica is assaulted by Bryce which leads to her own assault.

Look all those her problems were exaggerated and all those characters...
Adopted Asian lesbian teen with gay parents
Gay teen with harsh policeman father
Star basketball player with home problems (his mom dates with white dealer)
Star basketball player who get's away with everything cause basketball
Cheerleader with alcohol problem
Inept teachers
Insecure nerd etc
I understand that the show wanted to portray the real things that teens face on everyday but man... most of the things happened only to Hannah which is comical. You gotta be kidding to expect that I believe that she has her fight with Clay, immediately witnesses the assault of Jessica, and then gets into a car with Sherri, which leads to the stop sign getting knocked over that leads to the death of Jeff, all at the same party? :D
One or two are possible but all of them?! You gotta be naive to believe in that BS!
Priggy Smalls
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,059

Post#774 » by Priggy Smalls » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:24 pm

Guano wrote:one of the many reasons why i love the nba

Read on Twitter

Ending the raptors season and talking **** to them in the process.

giannis is an angel sent from heaven.
BigShot Bojan
General Manager
And1: 7,817

Post#775 » by BigShot Bojan » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:06 pm

Read on Twitter

Greek freak is making enemies quick...
Formerly Knicks85

Capn'O wrote:I wonder what Paul Reed's feelings are about metal bats.
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#776 » by Dr. Detfink » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:08 pm

I dunno if the Raptors waited too long before bringing back Lowry or maybe should have kept him out of the playoffs but he looked dreadful out there.
EchelonNYK
RealGM
And1: 6,660

Post#777 » by EchelonNYK » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:10 pm

Priggy Smalls wrote:

Read on Twitter

Ending the raptors season and talking **** to them in the process.

giannis is an angel sent from heaven.

It's far from over. I fully expect the Raptors to win game 4.
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 43,659

Post#778 » by DaGawd » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:14 pm

knicks85 wrote:

Read on Twitter

Giannis is the man
BaF
Washington Wizards
Worst_to_First
RealGM
And1: 8,326

Post#779 » by Worst_to_First » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:37 pm

Yankeeknickfan wrote:Damn KP and Willy gonna have to get past the Bucks

Will perhaps have to take us to nail this pick and at least a couple more strong tanks.
Worst_to_First
RealGM
And1: 8,326

Post#780 » by Worst_to_First » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:39 pm

DaGawd wrote:
knicks85 wrote:

Read on Twitter

Giannis is the man

A second round encounter with LeBron could help accelerate the rise of this Bucks team.

Return to New York Knicks