ImageImageImageImageImage

Draft Thread Fury's #9 FTW! - Picking 7th Currently (Also, no to Isaac.)

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,011

Re: Draft Thread Fury's #9 FTW! - Picking 7th Currently (Also, no to Isaac.) 

Post#1881 » by King of Canada » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:23 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Derento wrote:
Fox glides into the paint.
Floater is nice too.
Can be a very valuable offensive player even without a 3 ball.
I'm buying stock into him.
3rd guard on my big board.

In terms of draft, I'm starting to get this Westbrook vibe about Fox. Now, totally different players, not what I mean. Just that everyone had Beasley and OJ Mayo over him, or at least a lot of draft mocks, and that is where they went. Also, I sort of recall an OJ Mayo >> Westbrook raging on here. Now, it's not like Westbrook wasn't seen as good, just, and I'm trying to remember, but some just though he wasn't a PG enough, while others saw the dominant speed and athleticism and thought it would translate.

I'm just getting a whiff of how quick and how well Fox can leap for a PG as being underestimated in general and that with the greater spacing in the pro game, he'll really do well right away in spite of not having a jumper and I just think that he'll add that jumper. Oh, and he seems to have a great competitive streak.

I'll be thrilled if he falls to the Knicks but I doubt it. Seriously doubt it.

I've been in the Fox camp for a while now too. He has that fire that will have the garden going nuts with him and KP. I'm pretty sure that he will be gone by the time we pick.
BAF Pacers

F. Campazzo/ J. Clarkson/ K. Lewis Jr
D. Mitchell/ J. Richardson/S. Merrill
Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

F. Mason, Jontay, J. Harris

RIP mags :beer:
EchelonNYK
RealGM
And1: 6,660

Post#1882 » by EchelonNYK » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:25 pm

Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,210

Post#1883 » by Deeeez Knicks » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:44 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
sims wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:The weakness are pretty scary for a pg..lotta work needed for him to be an nba pg

he seems a long, long way off to me. that's not to say he won't be good, just nowhere near ready to compete with the elite PGs out there. like 2 years before it's even a serious consideration. i could see him slipping quite a bit if we pass - mid 1st round seems more appropriate for his current value.

i also think our reported interest in him is a pretty major smokescreen, but that's another story entirely..

He gets compared to Holiday and he needed at least his whole first year to get it together, if, frankly, also most of his 2nd, though his stats went up. I just recall Holiday looking good at times first 2 years, but also raw

Holiday is a good example for Frank of someone that needed a lot of tuning as a PG and improved. Some similar attributes....but I kinda remember Holiday looking a little better as a PG in terms of handle, etc....especially by the end of the season. I saw him live a few times in college.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,274

Post#1884 » by thebuzzardman » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:44 pm

Fox just looks so much better than Frank N, I can't believe they are even in the same conversation. Frank N MIGHT turn out to be very good, but right now, they look on 2 different levels. I feel like there is a lot of Knick fans trying to amp themselves up over Frank N, when he really looks like a consolation prize after all the better PG's are gone. I think I've been doing it too.

Basically, Frank N might be good and if it's the picks I guess I'll live with it, but missing on Smith Jr or particularly Fox is going to be a big disappointment, bigger the closer he gets picked to the Knicks. Which, if it's the Knicks, somehow he goes right before them.
EchelonNYK
RealGM

Post#1885 » by EchelonNYK » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:49 pm

Three things scare me about Fox. His lanky frame, Shooting consistency, Left hand dominant. But with all that being said, I'm still taking him over Franky though.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,210

Post#1886 » by Deeeez Knicks » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:50 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Derento wrote:
Floater is nice too.

In terms of draft, I'm starting to get this Westbrook vibe about Fox. Now, totally different players, not what I mean. Just that everyone had Beasley and OJ Mayo over him, or at least a lot of draft mocks, and that is where they went. Also, I sort of recall an OJ Mayo >> Westbrook raging on here. Now, it's not like Westbrook wasn't seen as good, just, and I'm trying to remember, but some just though he wasn't a PG enough, while others saw the dominant speed and athleticism and thought it would translate.

I'm just getting a whiff of how quick and how well Fox can leap for a PG as being underestimated in general and that with the greater spacing in the pro game, he'll really do well right away in spite of not having a jumper and I just think that he'll add that jumper. Oh, and he seems to have a great competitive streak.

His jumper improved a lot as the season went along. He was hitting mid range jumpers with confidence and shot 7-16 from 3 (44%) in 8 games in March. Good free throw shooter as well. A lot of signs that he can at least have a jumper to keep defenses honest...He has that competitive fire and motor.

Man, I would absolutely love to get him at #7
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
EchelonNYK
RealGM

Post#1887 » by EchelonNYK » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:52 pm

Look at his lower body compared to Monk's. He needs more milk.
Reign23
RealGM
And1: 11,031

Post#1888 » by Reign23 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:53 pm

K-DOT wrote:
Jay10 wrote:
Dkillanyk4lyf wrote:
Pg isn't and shouldn’t be a priority because we run the triangle.

You guys need to understand that. Thats why guys like dsjr were always pipe dreams. A ball Dominant
Guard is not what we need and its not what phil wants.

You're wasting your time. Just sit back an read their responses on draft night after Phil drafts Frank or someone else instead of DSJr and a few others mentioned.

Some people didn't pay attention to Phil's chronicles about short point guards, yet they believe Phil is going to waste his draft pick on a player that is 6'1" or 6'2".

I see Phil drafting Frank Ntilikina (6'5) with the 7th pick, or trading down and taking Terrance Ferguson (6'7).

Trade 7th pick for Sac's 2 firsts
Draft Fox
Draft Ferguson (or Jackson)
Celebrate

there is no way that a team trades #8 and #10 for #7. no chance.
formerly known as knickst4pe
E-Balla
RealGM
And1: 24,416
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones

Post#1889 » by E-Balla » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:01 pm

PorzinGAWD wrote:
Knickerbock wrote:
knickstape21 wrote:Watching the Bucks is another reason why I'm all in on drafting Ntilikina. Their length is ridiculous! Smothering the Craptors and their non effective ISO ball all game. Really fun to watch.

Kris Middleton is a really underrated defender...Im just saying.. . Derozan going 0-8 in 30 plus minutes... :o

That's funny because I look at Frank as a Kris Middleton type player, but an even better defender.

Khris Middleton is one of the best defenders in the league. Dude should be 2 times all defense right now. No way Frank is better. As good as maybe. I'd take Khris over Demar honestly.
Derento
Junior
And1: 114

Post#1890 » by Derento » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:13 pm

Main problem for Fox is that he's pretty weak and has a two motion shot.
He can't get momentum, range and arc because he pulls the ball back and up.
Guards that are good shooters that shoot like that are usually pretty strong like Chris Paul.
OrangeAndFlu
Sixth Man
And1: 666

Post#1891 » by OrangeAndFlu » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:23 pm

Can we for one second entertain the possibility of a markannen KP Melo front line ?

Offensively it would be insane he's got the foot speed to become competent defensively and we can only expect KP to fill out more

Willy I don't buy as a full time starter and I'm not super optimistic on the upside because of the lack of athleticism

I would still rather a guard but I'm prepped to be disappointed
#Tanked
sims
Bench Warmer
And1: 442

Post#1892 » by sims » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:27 pm

EchelonNYK wrote:Three things scare me about Fox. His lanky frame, Shooting consistency, Left hand dominant. But with all that being said, I'm still taking him over Franky though.

i like him as a prospect (although i see him as a bit more of a project than others) but my biggest concern with him is his body type. he's lean and narrow - although apparently wiry strong - and will probably stay that way through his career. i don't see him ever becoming a strong PG like westbrook or wall, which makes me wonder if he'll be able to absorb contact in the lane the way those guys do given that his speed and tenacity are considered among his best attributes for now. he's a bit of a different type of athlete than we're used to seeing in the nba - more of a track athlete than a born basketball player to me. none of this is meant to be a knock on the guy at all. i think he has great intangibles and could really pan out. but i could also see him struggling to hang on a physical level if he is in fact a little bit light in the cakes....

but then again, none of that may matter in a softer league that's designed to highlight speed and athleticism.
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Post#1893 » by NoLayupRule » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:27 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:1. Fultz
2. Jackson
3. Ball
4. Fox
5. DSJ

Not sure what I would do after that yet

Frank/Monk/Tatum/Issac/Lauri?

I think that will be the order

Those seem to be the 5 best with Tatum probably in there before fox

I think we will be looking at monk or frank at 7
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Post#1894 » by NoLayupRule » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:29 pm

OrangeAndFlu wrote:Can we for one second entertain the possibility of a markannen KP Melo front line ?

Offensively it would be insane he's got the foot speed to become competent defensively and we can only expect KP to fill out more

Willy I don't buy as a full time starter and I'm not super optimistic on the upside because of the lack of athleticism

I would still rather a guard but I'm prepped to be disappointed
nah
With Willy around and the smaller Pfs who are doing so well in the league this wouldn't make sense

Monk would be better if we're looking at spacing and scoring
OrangeAndFlu
Sixth Man
And1: 666

Post#1895 » by OrangeAndFlu » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:29 pm

E-Balla wrote:
PorzinGAWD wrote:
Knickerbock wrote:
Kris Middleton is a really underrated defender...Im just saying.. . Derozan going 0-8 in 30 plus minutes... :o

That's funny because I look at Frank as a Kris Middleton type player, but an even better defender.

Khris Middleton is one of the best defenders in the league. Dude should be 2 times all defense right now. No way Frank is better. As good as maybe. I'd take Khris over Demar honestly.

You trolling right ? Deacne is the leading scorer on a top 10 team put Middleton in that position and see what he does. Replace Middleton with derozan and we're talking contending in Milwaukee
#Tanked
captvict
Sixth Man
And1: 512

Post#1896 » by captvict » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:30 pm

EchelonNYK wrote:Image

Look at his lower body compared to Monk's. He needs more milk.

Monk looks a couple inches taller as well. I like them both. I might side with monk because of his shooting ability and that he has a good handle as well.
Derento
Junior
And1: 114

Post#1897 » by Derento » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:30 pm

Markannen probably be a bad defender.
A legit 7fter having 0.5 blocks per 40 minutes
is very bad.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#1898 » by dakomish23 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:36 pm

It's going to be Frank, Monk or Isaac if we're not in the top 5.

I just don't see this regime going for DSJ. I think the kid could be a beast and would be a great pick.

The top 5 picks in no particular order

Fultz
Ball
Jackson
Tatum
Fox

This draft is so deep. I'd give up a lot for a late lottery pick.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,937

Post#1899 » by Jeff Van Gully » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:37 pm

King of Canada wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Derento wrote:
Floater is nice too.

I've been in the Fox camp for a while now too. He has that fire that will have the garden going nuts with him and KP. I'm pretty sure that he will be gone by the time we pick.

tournament did wonders for his hype train. won me over with his character alone.

he's probably 3rd PG off the board.

assuming we stay at 7 and understanding that we need everything, i'm firmly on BPA train. and assessing BPA is the ONE thing i actually trust the jackson administration to do. i'm intrigued to see what they think.

que sera sera, i suppose.

i do agree that lead guards are a premium at this day and age. so i think it'll be best available engine this time. but if it's tatum, monk, isaac, or lauri i won't lose sleep.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,937

Post#1900 » by Jeff Van Gully » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:38 pm

dakomish23 wrote:It's going to be Frank, Monk or Isaac if we're not in the top 5.

I just don't see this regime going for DSJ. I think the kid could be a beast and would be a great pick.

The top 5 picks in no particular order

Fultz
Ball
Jackson
Tatum
Fox

we can only be top 3 or 7-10.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.

Return to New York Knicks