Titans
35%

Total votes: 23

RavenMad31
Senior
And1: 252

Re: AFC South 

Post#81 » by RavenMad31 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:46 pm

Three votes for the jags? I wouldn't have voted for them three times if you asked me every year for the last fifteen years. They have become one of those "I'll believe it when I see it" teams. I know they made some changes, but they're still the jaguars until they prove they're no longer the jaguars.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,282

Post#82 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:05 am

If they had a better Qb than Bortles, I would lay down some money on them to win the division and go to the playoffs. Bortles must step up this year. He has had plenty of time now to grow. Nevertheless, I still think he is a bust holding this team back.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Post#83 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:20 pm

RavenMad31 wrote:Three votes for the jags? I wouldn't have voted for them three times if you asked me every year for the last fifteen years. They have become one of those "I'll believe it when I see it" teams. I know they made some changes, but they're still the jaguars until they prove they're no longer the jaguars.

I'm "thinking" it might be time for 2017 threads for all the divisions. Because I sure as hell ain't punching that "Jags" button this season.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
RavenMad31
Senior
And1: 252

Post#84 » by RavenMad31 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:34 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
RavenMad31 wrote:Three votes for the jags? I wouldn't have voted for them three times if you asked me every year for the last fifteen years. They have become one of those "I'll believe it when I see it" teams. I know they made some changes, but they're still the jaguars until they prove they're no longer the jaguars.

I'm "thinking" it might be time for 2017 threads for all the divisions. Because I sure as hell ain't punching that "Jags" button this season.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Now excuse me while I go vote for the Cowboys to be the 2016 NFC East champs.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#85 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:16 pm

RavenMad31 wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:

I was thinking the exact same thing. Now excuse me while I go vote for the Cowboys to be the 2016 NFC East champs.

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#86 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:19 pm

RavenMad31 wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:

:rofl: Your too much.
CDior510
Junior
And1: 105

Post#87 » by CDior510 » Mon May 1, 2017 11:45 pm

I want to thank the Jaguars for picking up my cousin Kenneth Walker III out of UCLA. If he follows my advice keeps his head down and just works you guys have a tremendous speed threat with a chip on his shoulder. Capable of KR, PR, deep threats, playing the slot, and a few rushes as a RB.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#88 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue May 2, 2017 4:12 am

Getting Fournett should be a big plus for the Jags. Hopefully it will make things better for Bortles.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#89 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu May 25, 2017 9:18 pm

Jaguars and Titans will battle it out for the AFC south this year. Book it.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#90 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Jun 6, 2017 12:05 pm

Read on Twitter

He's right. The NFL Top 100 is a joke. Programming tool to sell commercials that people take way, way too seriously.
shawn_hemp
Starter
And1: 1,194

Post#91 » by shawn_hemp » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:04 am

JJ Watt has also become kind of annoying with his whole persona though of like "outwork the competition" and "earn it on the field" and that type of stuff.

He's offended that his own peers think he is still a top player, just take the damn compliment bro.

And when he was making fun of Mettenberger for taking selfies, idk it just seems like JJ Watt is starting to declare himself as the judge, jury, and executioner for determining acceptable behavior from NFL players
RaoulDuke79
RealGM
And1: 4,164

Post#92 » by RaoulDuke79 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:02 am

Yawn.
We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,510
Location: Defending Planet Earth with a Jet-Pack & a Ray-Gun!

Post#93 » by Mr. E » Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:03 am

Damn, yawns are contagious! :lol:
"A fanatic is one who can't change their mind and won't change the subject."
- Winston Churchill
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,510
Location: Defending Planet Earth with a Jet-Pack & a Ray-Gun!

Post#94 » by Mr. E » Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:09 am

I can totally see how some may be turned off by J.J. Watt's bravado; but the guy has walked the walk he's talked. The man has had an incredible career in just a few short seasons up until this point.

Jags were the expert darlings last season. The Titans are this season's darlings. The Colts are always there.

The Texans will take this division again.
"A fanatic is one who can't change their mind and won't change the subject."
- Winston Churchill
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#95 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:51 pm

Mr. E wrote:I can totally see how some may be turned off by J.J. Watt's bravado; but the guy has walked the walk he's talked. The man has had an incredible career in just a few short seasons up until this point.

Jags were the expert darlings last season. The Titans are this season's darlings. The Colts are always there.

Beware the Oilers...
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#96 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:34 am

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Mr. E wrote:I can totally see how some may be turned off by J.J. Watt's bravado; but the guy has walked the walk he's talked. The man has had an incredible career in just a few short seasons up until this point.

Beware the Oilers...

They did some real nice things in the off season to improve O-line, D-line and got some more receiver help. Solid running backs with Murray and Henry. I do worry about Mariotta coming off a broken fibula. Otherwise they appear to be the team to beat in this division. I believe he will be o.k. physically, but mentally it will be tough at first.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#97 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:16 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:

Beware the Oilers...

They did some real nice things in the off season to improve O-line, D-line and got some more receiver help. Solid running backs with Murray and Henry. I do worry about Mariotta coming off a broken fibula. Otherwise they appear to be the team to beat in this division. I believe he will be o.k. physically, but mentally it will be tough at first.

Helps that he has Murray and Henry to overcome those mental issues. I really like Tennessee right now. And in that division - even more.
shawn_hemp
Starter
And1: 1,194

Post#98 » by shawn_hemp » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:50 pm

I feel like this is the hardest division to try and predict how the teams will finish. I could see any one of these teams finishing from first to last. If I had to guess right now, I'd probably go

1 - Texans
2 - Titans
3 - Colts
4 - Jags

but who really knows
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#99 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:02 pm

shawn_hemp wrote:I feel like this is the hardest division to try and predict how the teams will finish. I could see any one of these teams finishing from first to last. If I had to guess right now, I'd probably go

1 - Texans
2 - Titans
3 - Colts
4 - Jags

but who really knows

As good a guess as any. And other than the Jags, every team has a legitimate claim to win it.
RaoulDuke79
RealGM
And1: 4,164

Post#100 » by RaoulDuke79 » Sat Jul 1, 2017 5:22 pm

I'll admit it: I am worried about the ex-Oilers.

That will be the only time I ever utter that phrase, so enjoy it!

Really though, can the season just get here already...
We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.

Return to The General NFL Board