Image Image Image Image

Jay Cutler Retires: Appreciation Thread

Moderator: chitownsports4ever

Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,429

Jay Cutler Retires: Appreciation Thread 

Post#1 » by Susan » Sat May 6, 2017 3:33 am

Honestly, it's a shame what Jay's time here has been. I think back to the 2011 season after going to the NFC Championship in 2010 and the "what if" is so massive. We were 7-3 with plenty of winnable games on the schedule. Forte was a beast minus his injury, the defense was still creating turnovers like crazy and we had just won our 5th game in a row.

But overall, I'll look back fondly on Jay's time here. It's a shame this franchise put so much on his shoulders rather than allowing him grow into that role.

I wish him well in his next career.
Axxo
Analyst
And1: 518

Re: Jay Cutler Retires: Appreciation Thread 

Post#2 » by Axxo » Sat May 6, 2017 2:10 pm

He was very talented and we had guys that dropped alot of passes when jay made the correct reads. I don't think it was all on the organization though. If it was that simple other teams would have given him an opportunity for this year.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#3 » by RedBulls23 » Sat May 6, 2017 2:27 pm

Jay has his issues, but the organization also set him up to fail early on.

Wish him the best of luck, and I really hope Pace learns from the mistakes that were made in building a team around Cutty.

Also, it will be interesting to see him be the color guy during games.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,955

Post#4 » by chitownsports4ever » Sat May 6, 2017 3:27 pm

Cutler was a clown who bought into his own hype and refused to be coached and thats what put him in the situation he was in .

Its the Bears fault for buying that hype as well.
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
CjayC
RealGM
And1: 1,141

Post#5 » by CjayC » Mon May 8, 2017 2:52 pm

I appreciate his words about protecting Trubisky. A lot of Jay's problems were caused by Jay, but I gotta say they 100% mishandled the worth of providing a QB adequate protection. He got whooped so badly his first 2 or 3 years here I wouldn't doubt it was one of the main reasons for why he failed here.
johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Post#6 » by johnnyvann840 » Mon May 15, 2017 3:49 pm

Susan wrote:Honestly, it's a shame what Jay's time here has been. I think back to the 2011 season after going to the NFC Championship in 2010 and the "what if" is so massive. We were 7-3 with plenty of winnable games on the schedule. Forte was a beast minus his injury, the defense was still creating turnovers like crazy and we had just won our 5th game in a row.

But overall, I'll look back fondly on Jay's time here. It's a shame this franchise put so much on his shoulders rather than allowing him grow into that role.

I wish him well in his next career.

I wish him well too. I don't look at his time here as fondly as you though. I was in Denver for his time there and I wasn't a huge fan there either. Jay is a decent guy who did an incredible job of playing sports at the highest level while managing type 1 diabetes. I respect him for that. He's probably got the best arm I've seen when it comes to just natural skill to throw a football. It's the decision making that was always Jay's problem. When Jay threw an INT it was always at the worst time and in the red zone. His game management skills were not good either.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson

Return to Chicago Bears