Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,060

Re: Orlando City SC Discussion Thread 

Post#701 » by Optimus_Steel » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:05 pm

LittleOzzy wrote:
Optimus_Steel wrote:
LittleOzzy wrote:You can thank Canada for your win today.

How so?

Both goals came from Canadian players.

Yes good point. I was visiting Vancouver last week, beautiful city. Really like Canada.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
aka: prorl
Optimus_Steel
RealGM

Post#702 » by Optimus_Steel » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:54 pm

Another big win, first road win of the year. Kreis seems to be pushing the right buttons right now. Larin is on a roll.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
in-limbo
Sixth Man
And1: 362

Post#703 » by in-limbo » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:56 pm

I've seen every game this year, most in person, and this team is worth a look. I think we are in for a fun year and would suggest to all suffering Magic fans to go check out a game. The team is not perfect but playing hard and with some grit.

Having a damn thoroughbred up front doesn't hurt. Cyle is growing into a very good player. He isn't winning one on one anytime soon but he can hit it that last time with the best of them.

We are pretty damn good and are about to add Kaka', that's not too sucky. 10 is going to help on the scoring end and he does play hard when healthy. I'm looking forward to seeing he and Will together.

May sucks. We should see some different guys taking shifts in May. Time to test the depth with like an ass ton of games that month.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: Orlando City SC Discussion Thread 

Post#704 » by Optimus_Steel » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:10 am

in-limbo wrote:I've seen every game this year, most in person, and this team is worth a look. I think we are in for a fun year and would suggest to all suffering Magic fans to go check out a game. The team is not perfect but playing hard and with some grit.

Having a damn thoroughbred up front doesn't hurt. Cyle is growing into a very good player. He isn't winning one on one anytime soon but he can hit it that last time with the best of them.

We are pretty damn good and are about to add Kaka', that's not too sucky. 10 is going to help on the scoring end and he does play hard when healthy. I'm looking forward to seeing he and Will together.

May sucks. We should see some different guys taking shifts in May. Time to test the depth with like an ass ton of games that month.

Will be interesting to see the defensive depth as there has been a flurry of signings. So far the defense looks like a night and day difference. Johnson and Spector have added much needed grit, experience and leadership.

Sent from my SM-N920V using RealGM mobile app
UCFJayBird
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 3,411

Post#705 » by UCFJayBird » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:39 pm

Yea I'd say Johnson and Spector have been the primary difference from last season. They're playing fantastic, as is Bendik. On offense Larin is just a beast. Team is really fun to watch right now. NYC was relentless down the stretch yesterday, just wish they would stop complaining so much. Don't think i've seen an opponent whine so much about the calls this season.

For those more familiar with the global game, what are the odds Larin gets offered a ton of money from a big international team? Any reason to be concerned he's not going to be around in a year or two?
Optimus_Steel
RealGM

Post#706 » by Optimus_Steel » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:43 pm

UCFJayBird wrote:Yea I'd say Johnson and Spector have been the primary difference from last season. They're playing fantastic, as is Bendik. On offense Larin is just a beast. Team is really fun to watch right now. NYC was relentless down the stretch yesterday, just wish they would stop complaining so much. Don't think i've seen an opponent whine so much about the calls this season.

For those more familiar with the global game, what are the odds Larin gets offered a ton of money from a big international team? Any reason to be concerned he's not going to be around in a year or two?

Forgot to mention that Bendik was sensational. He played like this last year but our defense was so poor they made him look bad. Now the defense is better he will shine more.
in-limbo
Sixth Man

Post#707 » by in-limbo » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:31 pm

UCFJayBird wrote:Yea I'd say Johnson and Spector have been the primary difference from last season. They're playing fantastic, as is Bendik. On offense Larin is just a beast. Team is really fun to watch right now. NYC was relentless down the stretch yesterday, just wish they would stop complaining so much. Don't think i've seen an opponent whine so much about the calls this season.

Every reason to be worried about Larin leaving. He will go soon, hopefully not too soon. In the coming years we will need to replace some big pieces.

I am damn excited to see Kaka' slotted there between Larin and Rivas. Carlos will get some nice chances with Kaka' high and in the middle. I want to see my boy keeping them on frame with more regularity though. Cyle is a freaking animal and should get the final touch the majority of the time.

You're right that the team is fun to watch right now. The defense could carry us into the playoffs as a threat and I don't see any reason the offense won't improve as well.
MoGrAdY
RealGM
And1: 118

Post#708 » by MoGrAdY » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:18 pm

Larin is already getting looks from EPL teams like Everton and Stoke. I don't see a scenario where he is still a Lion in 2 years, maybe even next year. Good for him though.

in-limbo
Sixth Man

Post#709 » by in-limbo » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:18 am

Hope you guys listened and headed out to the match. Kaka' is just freaking outstanding and Carlos Rivas may have created a new ozone hole today.
NEM
RealGM
And1: 2,122

Post#710 » by NEM » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:04 am

The heat today was damn near unbearable, but the team made it worth it. Definitely happy I got season tickets this year. They play hard and the supporters section makes it that much more fun.

I'd say the defense is the primary reason we are winning, considering we've only scored 10 goals on the year, but only conceded 5. Spector, sutter, and toia have been awesome. Aja has been hurt but he wasn't bad last year so I expect him to fit right in. Redding has come alone nicely too.

Offense should improve with the return of Kaká. Once everyone is healthy, we should be pretty deep on both ends.
I live rent free in your head. You know who you are :D

Not changing this sig until Magic win a championship. Started 6/26/2015.
in-limbo
Sixth Man

Post#711 » by in-limbo » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:47 pm

NEM wrote:The heat today was damn near unbearable, but the team made it worth it. Definitely happy I got season tickets this year. They play hard and the supporters section makes it that much more fun.

I'd say the defense is the primary reason we are winning, considering we've only scored 10 goals on the year, but only conceded 5. Spector, sutter, and toia have been awesome. Aja has been hurt but he wasn't bad last year so I expect him to fit right in. Redding has come alone nicely too.

Offense should improve with the return of Kaká. Once everyone is healthy, we should be pretty deep on both ends.

Glad you're on board. No more day games until October. This season could be a special one, enjoy.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM

Post#712 » by Optimus_Steel » Wed May 3, 2017 2:01 am

Defense has been phenomenal. The guys that Kreis brought in have been outstanding. Specter, Johnson, Toia, Sutter have made a gigantic difference. Trading Shea for Giles was a really good move. Larin is showing growth and maturity, dude is insanely talented. Rivas has been the best surprise. I've always felt he had a ton of talent, spectacular speed and strength but he showed lack of awareness, and finesse. Rivas reminds me of a wild pony. Wild, talented and unrefined. I've felt like if could take some power off his kick and not dive as much he would be phenomenal. Well this year he seems to have realized that he can be very effective by not trying to hit the ball as hard as possible and just make the right play. He is going from wild pony to stallion, just keep it up. This is a playoff team and although early they are looking like they could be a title contender as long as the defense holds.

Det the Threat
Head Coach
And1: 354

Post#713 » by Det the Threat » Fri May 5, 2017 3:29 pm

Cyle Larin has been linked with Borussia Moenchengladbach over here in Germany.

Seems like the club is scouting him and even had some guys at the game in New York the other day.
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#714 » by Nemesis21 » Sun May 7, 2017 12:25 am

Orlando City vs Dynamo tonight
Nemesis21
RealGM

Post#715 » by Nemesis21 » Mon May 8, 2017 1:25 pm

An absolute ass kicking by the Dynamo. 2 losses in a row. :nonono: Need to regroup and come back with a win on Saturday.
Nemesis21
RealGM

Post#716 » by Nemesis21 » Mon May 15, 2017 11:55 am

Orlando City and Sporting KC draw 2-2, a late goal by KC tied the game.
Nemesis21
RealGM

Post#717 » by Nemesis21 » Wed May 17, 2017 11:45 am

Orlando City at San Jose 10:30 PM
Nemesis21
RealGM

Post#718 » by Nemesis21 » Thu May 18, 2017 8:37 pm

Orlando City and San Jose draw 1-1
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,197

Post#719 » by LittleOzzy » Fri May 19, 2017 1:18 am

Orlando has looked really good this season.

Think they can continue to stay near the top of the East?
Nemesis21
RealGM

Post#720 » by Nemesis21 » Fri May 19, 2017 9:05 pm

LittleOzzy wrote:Orlando has looked really good this season.

Think they can continue to stay near the top of the East?

Yes

Return to Major League Soccer