Transfer Thread 11 - January Window 2018

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

MaliBrah
RealGM
And1: 4,324

Re: Transfer Thread 11 - Summer Window 2017 

Post#61 » by MaliBrah » Wed Jun 7, 2017 6:18 pm

Man of Steel wrote:
MaliBrah wrote:looool liverpool tried to tap Van Dijk up and got exposed. Dont recall seeing anything like this

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/265720-liverpool-fc-statement
lmao ridiculous haha

In other news, Madrid seem to have finally cooled on De Gea, bless up for that.

We should have nailed barca for this over the years , they're trying it now with Bellerin. He's on a 6 year deal though and if it comes to it I hope we drain them of every Euro in their accounts
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,433

Post#62 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Jun 7, 2017 7:30 pm

MaliBrah wrote:looool liverpool tried to tap Van Dijk up and got exposed. Dont recall seeing anything like this

If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying! :wink:

The club might get a warning & fine at most. I doubt anything really comes of this. Especially if they do stop pursuing him completely.

I'm okay with not forking over that type of fee anyway.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Man of Steel
Lead Assistant
And1: 548

Post#63 » by Man of Steel » Wed Jun 7, 2017 10:40 pm

MaliBrah wrote:
Man of Steel wrote:

lmao ridiculous haha

We should have nailed barca for this over the years , they're trying it now with Bellerin. He's on a 6 year deal though and if it comes to it I hope we drain them of every Euro in their accounts

Think every team does it to varying degree- I'm sure what we did with Bale was on a similar level tbf. But yeah, certain teams make a habit of buying from a single club some times and the pattern becomes much more apparent
HALA MADRID || GO LEAFS GO || LET'S GO RAPTORS
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,624

Post#64 » by Baphomet » Wed Jun 7, 2017 11:18 pm

Man of Steel wrote:
MaliBrah wrote:
Man of Steel wrote:lmao ridiculous haha

Think every team does it to varying degree- I'm sure what we did with Bale was on a similar level tbf. But yeah, certain teams make a habit of buying from a single club some times and the pattern becomes much more apparent

Yeah, Zidane kept talking Bale up in the press and commenting on potential deals. It was maybe a little unprofessional, but I don't think we complained or did anything about it because it drove his price up to world record levels.
Next Coming
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,625

Post#65 » by Next Coming » Thu Jun 8, 2017 12:23 pm

LMFAOOOOOO! I respect Liverpool's commitment to banter.

Klopp really took Van Dijk to Blackpool lmfaoooo!
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#66 » by Baphomet » Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:35 pm

Victor Lindelof to Man United for 35m euros confirmed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40236474
TorontoRapsFan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,367

Post#67 » by TorontoRapsFan » Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:06 am

Baphomet wrote:Victor Lindelof to Man United for 35m euros confirmed.

seems ridiculous to me but what ever. Also, Ibra not offered a contract because of his injury?? If true United just keeps on showing just classy of a club they are
TorontoRapsFan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,367

Post#68 » by TorontoRapsFan » Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:10 am

Det the Threat wrote:Here are the transfer news everyone has been waiting for. :eyebrows:

Julian Korb from Gladbach to Hannover for about €3M.
(According to swiss media) Denis Zakaria from YB Bern to Gladbach for about €12M.

Gladbach really need a couple homeruns this offseason. I didn't pay much attention this season but I'm guessing selling Dahoud leaves them with a big hole in midfield?
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,805

Post#69 » by cgf » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:06 am

Victoriarapsfan wrote:
Det the Threat wrote:Here are the transfer news everyone has been waiting for. :eyebrows:

Julian Korb from Gladbach to Hannover for about €3M.
(According to swiss media) Denis Zakaria from YB Bern to Gladbach for about €12M.

Gladbach really need a couple homeruns this offseason. I didn't pay much attention this season but I'm guessing selling Dahoud leaves them with a big hole in midfield?

Gladbach have a great amount of young midfield talent; the question is how ready they are. Benes looked ready down the stretch this past season and is one of the top talents in his age group, as well as Hamsik's heir apparent. Cuisance needs about a year of seasoning before being ready but is similarly one of the top talents in his age group, and is often compared favorably to PSG starter Adrien Rabiot. Zakaria is ready to step into the starting lineup and is a massive talent like Xhaka was. While Djibril Sow needs to go on loan but has serious talent as well. With Kramer to anchor things next to those kids, they're in a very strong spot in the midfield moving forward...though it may take a little bit to really get up n kicking next season.

I'm more worried about who they add to the attack and whether they add a starting RB to free Elvedi to play CB...wouldn't complain about them also adding another CB talent like Elvedi who's ready for real PT (unlike the even younger Doucoure & Hanrath).

Victoriarapsfan wrote:
Baphomet wrote:Victor Lindelof to Man United for 35m euros confirmed.

seems ridiculous to me but what ever. Also, Ibra not offered a contract because of his injury?? If true United just keeps on showing just classy of a club they are

Lindelof is an excellent young CB, and could well be United's best CB once he adjusts to the EPL.
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#70 » by Spens1 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:43 am

Lindleof is no surprise, we nearly signed him in January so it was a matter of time. Not entirely happy about us letting go of Ibra but no one ever accused Jose of being a nice guy. Also the style of football we played to accommodate Ibra was absolute rubbish, signing Morata means we are a lot more versatile at least.

I do hope just because we signed Lindleof that we give up on Keane, i'd say he would be a welcome addition regardless (maybe instead of selling Jones, it may be a situation where we sell Smalling and Jones because i can't see Smalling getting any better either whilst Keane will improve).
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#71 » by HIF » Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:11 pm

Gladbach playing Leicester in pre-season.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#72 » by Baphomet » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:19 pm

Looks like Kyle Walker's going to be heading off to City. Hope we can get £45-50m for him, since we have no incentive to sell him and his contract was only recently extended.
treiz
RealGM
And1: 564

Post#73 » by treiz » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:49 pm

Don't understand why Walker would want to leave, I feel like it'll be Tottenham's year next year and he's still an important part of the squad.
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#74 » by Baphomet » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:05 pm

treiz wrote:Don't understand why Walker would want to leave, I feel like it'll be Tottenham's year next year and he's still an important part of the squad.

Trippier has proven that he can be just as good in an attacking capacity, but he doesn't quite have Walker's ability to recover with blistering pace. We're supposedly looking at Djibril Sidibe and Ricardo Pereira too.

Personally, I'm not worried about the fact that he's probably leaving us, more that he's joining City.
treiz
RealGM

Post#75 » by treiz » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:10 pm

But it's not a guarantee that Trippier will be healthy all year, I just think that next year is when Tottenham will finally make that push and prove to the world that they are one of the best teams in Europe. But in saying that, if you guys can get £45-50 million for him then that's something you don't say no to. Especially considering you lot can probably get a replacement at a fraction of the cost.

Also, Sunderland accepted a £30 million fee for Jordan Pickford from Everton. I like him as a keeper but that's just ridiculous even by today's standards.
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#76 » by Baphomet » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:33 pm

It would be if we were still at the Lane, but I think playing at Wembley all season will hurt us. Maybe when we move into the new stadium we will be able to break out of the nearly-men cycle and prove what a good team we are, but there's still a long way to go. I don't think losing Walker damages the chances of that happening, though. Walker is very good, don't get me wrong, but we managed all of last season without Danny Rose at the other flank and I'm confident that Trippier can step in and do the job should Walker leave. And like I said, we're also looking at new RBs in case Trippier picks up a knock, and have young Kyle Walker-Peters as a prospect there who looks very promising.

Pickford is good and has future England #1 potential (not that that's saying much) but yeah, that's a little steep. Good signing player wise, but a bit of an overpay.
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,457

Transfer Thread 11 - Summer Window 2017 

Post#77 » by Foye » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:07 pm

Baphomet wrote:It would be if we were still at the Lane, but I think playing at Wembley all season will hurt us. Maybe when we move into the new stadium we will be able to break out of the nearly-men cycle and prove what a good team we are, but there's still a long way to go. I don't think losing Walker damages the chances of that happening, though. Walker is very good, don't get me wrong, but we managed all of last season without Danny Rose at the other flank and I'm confident that Trippier can step in and do the job should Walker leave. And like I said, we're also looking at new RBs in case Trippier picks up a knock, and have young Kyle Walker-Peters as a prospect there who looks very promising.

Pickford is good and has future England #1 potential (not that that's saying much) but yeah, that's a little steep. Good signing player wise, but a bit of an overpay.

Full back is not really a position that requires a high amount of skill. Hence, its relatively easy to find a competent replacement (unless your have one of the best FBs in the world on your squad). I'm not watching many Spurs games but Walker never striked me as a world class player. Quality player for sure, but not world class.

So if City really offers that amount Spurs management should probably ride him to Manchester in a wheelbarrow and just sign someone else.
treiz
RealGM

Post#78 » by treiz » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:21 am

Baphomet wrote:It would be if we were still at the Lane, but I think playing at Wembley all season will hurt us. Maybe when we move into the new stadium we will be able to break out of the nearly-men cycle and prove what a good team we are, but there's still a long way to go. I don't think losing Walker damages the chances of that happening, though. Walker is very good, don't get me wrong, but we managed all of last season without Danny Rose at the other flank and I'm confident that Trippier can step in and do the job should Walker leave. And like I said, we're also looking at new RBs in case Trippier picks up a knock, and have young Kyle Walker-Peters as a prospect there who looks very promising.

I'm not sure, I think even playing at Wembley you guys will still push on. All of your key guys are proven commodities who have done it for at least 2-3+ years now. The experience of playing in Wembley last year should only help Tottenham adjust too. I'm saying all of this before the crazy shenanigans of the transfer window, after that who knows really.

I'm confident too that you guys will manage without Walker, I was just questioning his motives on why he would leave. If it's for the money then fair enough to him, if you lot can fetch that price too then good on you guys.
Riko
Rookie
And1: 685

Post#79 » by Riko » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:55 am

Foye wrote:Full back is not really a position that requires a high amount of skill. Hence, its relatively easy to find a competent replacement (unless your have one of the best FBs in the world on your squad).

What? FB is the hardest position in modern football and there are so few decent FB that even an good FB will cost at least 20m.
If I was in the Spurs managment I never sell Walker for less than 55-60m.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,805

Post#80 » by cgf » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:22 pm

treiz wrote:But it's not a guarantee that Trippier will be healthy all year, I just think that next year is when Tottenham will finally make that push and prove to the world that they are one of the best teams in Europe. But in saying that, if you guys can get £45-50 million for him then that's something you don't say no to. Especially considering you lot can probably get a replacement at a fraction of the cost.

Also, Sunderland accepted a £30 million fee for Jordan Pickford from Everton. I like him as a keeper but that's just ridiculous even by today's standards.

Shouldn't one of the best teams in europe, actually do something in europe? Not to **** on Tottenham because they've been doing very well in the EPL; but until they stop **** the bed in the CL/EL they can not be called one of the top teams in europe.
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Return to The General Soccer Board