Zach Lowe and T-Mac: Greek Freak will be better than Anthony Davis, Towns, Wiggins, Embiid

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

karkinos
Head Coach
And1: 2,058

Re: Zach Lowe and T-Mac: Greek Freak will be better than Anthony Davis, Towns, Wiggins, Embiid 

Post#61 » by karkinos » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:36 pm

giannis is already better than everyone listed imo
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,697

Re: Zach Lowe and T-Mac: Greek Freak will be better than Anthony Davis, Towns, Wiggins, Embiid 

Post#62 » by whatisacenter » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:40 pm

add Jokic, Nurkic and KP to this list and there is a lot to look forward to in the future
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,149

Post#63 » by RRyder823 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:14 pm

Loving the "A Healthy Embiid" comments. As if that wasn't a oxymoron

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using RealGM mobile app
hotshotschamp
Rookie
And1: 14

Post#64 » by hotshotschamp » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:17 pm

Karl towns last half of the year had stats of 28 pts and 15 rebs with 3 assists.

He's easily as good as Giannis.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,871

Post#65 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:48 pm

Magic Giannison wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Magic Giannison wrote:All start starter
All NBA 2nd team
Top 10 player
Became 5th player in NBA history to lead team in all 5 major stat categories.
Become the only player in the NBA history in top 20 in all major categories.
Literally played in all 5 positions this year from guarding Pg's to C and is elite on both ends.

Yeah,absurdly overrated/

Ohh and he is only 22.

Do you want me to put Anthony Davis's accomplishments up?

4 x time NBA All Star

2× All-NBA First Team
NBA All-Defensive Second Team

But please explain to me how Giannis is better cause he had one good year. LOL

First of all you spoke of historical stats while Giannis put stats that Davis wasnt never remotely close to, 5th ever to lead the team and being the only play int he history of the game to be in top 20.
Not to mention you compare a younger Giannis career to ADs.
You forget defense, you forget about the part that Giannis is versatile point tha tliterally impact every aspect of the game.
Giannis been to playoffs 2 time sin 4 years while Davis barely made once in 5 years
The most important is health.
NBA All-Rookie First Team
2× NBA blocks leader
NCAA champion
Olympic Gold Medalist
Lead League in PER
Top 5 in MVP voting
All Star Game MVP w/ most points ever

Lol i wonder even bother to reply to these.

I hope you realize how wrong you were to call him absurdly overrated now.

Davis wasn't remotely close to "historical stats?"

Davis had one of the best Player Efficiency Ratings of ALL TIME. That is something Giannis hasn't even dreamed of.

You talk about defense. Anthony Davis has made all defensive second team and finished with DPOY votes. Has Giannis?

Oh wow Giannis made it to the playoffs one more time in the East, what a difference. What a dumb argument.

I understand that you're a Giannis fan boy (look at your avatar), but try to have a little objectivity here buddy.

Nobody in the league would say hes better than Anthony Davis. And its not close.
Hoopz Afrik
Veteran
And1: 2,061

Post#66 » by Hoopz Afrik » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:48 pm

hotshotschamp wrote:Karl towns last half of the year had stats of 28 pts and 15 rebs with 3 assists.

He's easily as good as Giannis.

Not nearly the same impact on the defensive side of the ball....and that's where the disparity lies.
Super Eagles GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Clyde Frazier
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,243

Post#67 » by Clyde Frazier » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:06 pm

Jkam31 wrote:Embiid is healthy he'll be the best player in the league and it won't be close

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

The "it won't be close" was a necessary clarification, right? As if the entire talent pool of the NBA won't even compare to him.
Mbrahv0528
Veteran
And1: 1,312

Re: RE: Re: Zach Lowe and T-Mac: Greek Freak will be better than Anthony Davis, Towns, Wiggins, Embiid 

Post#68 » by Mbrahv0528 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:09 pm

xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:
XtremeDunkz wrote:Sure that is a realistic take, but can you attract players to Milwaukee or will he end up walking at some point?

If this is just going to be the constant narrative around small market teams from now on, the NBA should just become an 8 team league.

Ehh his point is completely off base to the point of irrelevance anyway. Dude isn't from our country.. no reason to speculate him "bolting" when he has none of the desire to do so based on some arbitrary American view on which states are the "fun" states.

Sent from my SM-G955U using RealGM mobile app
RRyder823
General Manager

Re: RE: Re: Zach Lowe and T-Mac: Greek Freak will be better than Anthony Davis, Towns, Wiggins, Embiid 

Post#69 » by RRyder823 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:29 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Magic Giannison wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Do you want me to put Anthony Davis's accomplishments up?

4 x time NBA All Star

2× All-NBA First Team
NBA All-Defensive Second Team

But please explain to me how Giannis is better cause he had one good year. LOL

First of all you spoke of historical stats while Giannis put stats that Davis wasnt never remotely close to, 5th ever to lead the team and being the only play int he history of the game to be in top 20.
You forget defense, you forget about the part that Giannis is versatile point tha tliterally impact every aspect of the game.
Giannis been to playoffs 2 time sin 4 years while Davis barely made once in 5 years
NBA All-Rookie First Team
2× NBA blocks leader
NCAA champion
Olympic Gold Medalist
Lead League in PER
Top 5 in MVP voting
All Star Game MVP w/ most points ever

Davis had one of the best Player Efficiency Ratings of ALL TIME. That is something Giannis hasn't even dreamed of.

You talk about defense. Anthony Davis has made all defensive second team and finished with DPOY votes. Has Giannis?

Oh wow Giannis made it to the playoffs one more time in the East, what a difference. What a dumb argument.

I understand that you're a Giannis fan boy (look at your avatar), but try to have a little objectivity here buddy.

Nobody in the league would say hes better than Anthony Davis. And its not close.

Your going to call MG a "fanboy" and close with that statement?

It's "arguable" who's better right now between the two. To call one a fanboy for choosing one is only outing yourself as a fanboy for the other and to top it off by saying it's not close is just plainly intellectually dishonest. Plenty of people would argue he's better right now.

(MG is indeed a fanboy and I've gone back n forth with him on the Bucks board but being an AD fanboy in this discussion isn't any better)

ChiCityHoops34
Sixth Man
And1: 1,796

Post#70 » by ChiCityHoops34 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:29 pm

1.AD
2.Giannis
3.Jokic
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,871

Post#71 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:54 pm

RRyder823 wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Magic Giannison wrote:First of all you spoke of historical stats while Giannis put stats that Davis wasnt never remotely close to, 5th ever to lead the team and being the only play int he history of the game to be in top 20.

It's "arguable" who's better right now between the two. To call one a fanboy for choosing one is only outing yourself as a fanboy for the other and to top it off by saying it's not close is just plainly intellectually dishonest. Plenty of people would argue he's better right now.

(MG is indeed a fanboy and I've gone back n forth with him on the Bucks board but being an AD fanboy in this discussion isn't any better)

I'm calling him a fan boy because of the way he is arguing. Not because of his opinion.

He keeps posting stats about Giannis as if they are the greatest thing since Michael Jordan and ignoring the face that AD has surpassed him in nearly every category.

I'm not an Anthony Davis fan boy at all LOL.

I'm just being objective. I'm not a big fan of either player.
RRyder823
General Manager

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Zach Lowe and T-Mac: Greek Freak will be better than Anthony Davis, Towns, Wiggins, Embiid 

Post#72 » by RRyder823 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:59 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
RRyder823 wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:

I'm calling him a fan boy because of the way he is arguing. Not because of his opinion.

He keeps posting stats about Giannis as if they are the greatest thing since Michael Jordan and ignoring the face that AD has surpassed him in nearly every category.

I'm not an Anthony Davis fan boy at all LOL.

I'm just being objective. I'm not a big fan of either player.

Not argue MG being a fanboy. Hell he'll agree that he is. More so to your "not close" point like it's not a legit discussion

Wonderllama
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,401

Post#73 » by Wonderllama » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:02 pm

Davis is injury-prone but Towns could be the next Duncan IMO
mudsak
Starter
And1: 1,913

Post#74 » by mudsak » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:37 pm

If I was building a team today, and I could draft from current NBA players... Giannis would be my #1 pick. I'd rather build around him than any other current player in the league. Kawhi is probably my second pick. I don't pick Lebron, Durant, etc... because now is their time...I'm taking Giannis to be the most dominant player of the next generation.

He's a monster who's impact is huge all over the court. He leads his team in what?... everything. He's only 22 and still very raw... his ceiling is generational talent. I'd definitely take him over KAT, and I think KAT is amazing....but Kat isn't the two-way player he should be with is physical build. Giannis is a beast on defense. I think he'll win DPOY at some point in his career. A 26+yo Giannis is going to be un-stop-able.
True Story
Pro Prospect
And1: 766

Post#75 » by True Story » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:50 pm

Based on the few Bucks games Ive watched this year, Giannis has a Lebron-like impact on the game on both ends of the floor.

It was an absolute pleasure watching him in the playoffs.
T12
Junior
And1: 159

Post#76 » by T12 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:00 pm

Can we see some of these guys translate stats to wins before we crown them? as much as i hate Lebron, his teams win, as much as i loved T-Mack in Orlando...we were in last place while he averaged 30.

The Greek Freak was the best player on a 500 team in the east, had a 1-1 assist to turn over ratio in the playoffs, and got beat 4-2 in the playoffs. I could say the same thing about Anthony Davis, for all the hype...where is the impact on wins and loses.
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,935

Post#77 » by DusterBuster » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:02 pm

The more I've thought about it, given where the NBA is right now and health of the two players, I'd take Greek over AD.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
Illmatic12
RealGM
And1: 8,459

Post#78 » by Illmatic12 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:05 pm

Clyde Frazier wrote:
Jkam31 wrote:Embiid is healthy he'll be the best player in the league and it won't be close

The "it won't be close" was a necessary clarification, right? As if the entire talent pool of the NBA won't even compare to him.

Remember Shaq from that ~99-03 time period? When it was obvious that the NBA was too easy for him and no one else was remotely able to dominate on that level? That's the potential Embiid has if he can stay healthy.

The fact that he hadn't played in years and comes out as a rookie basically dominating on both ends, it's scary for the rest of the league. It looked waaay to easy for Embiid and he doesn't even fully know what he's doing yet in the team basketball sense.
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,935

Post#79 » by DusterBuster » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:07 pm

Illmatic12 wrote:
Clyde Frazier wrote:

Remember Shaq from that ~99-03 time period? When it was obvious that the NBA was too easy for him and no one else was remotely able to dominate on that level? That's the potential Embiid has if he can stay healthy.

The fact that he hadn't played in years and comes out as a rookie basically dominating on both ends, it's scary for the rest of the league.

Even if he stays healthy (BIG if).... Embiid doesn't have the physical build Shaq did. The NBA had never seen a guy built like him and arguably still haven't to this day. Shaq was taller and 75-100lbs heavier. Embiid has the skillset to be one of, if not the best bigman in the league one day, but he'll never get to that Shaq level of dominance.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
T12
Junior
And1: 159

Post#80 » by T12 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:13 pm

The question marks with Embiid start and end with the injuries. There is every chance that he never reaches his potential because chronic injuries dont just go away most of the time...for his sake i hope i am wrong.

P.S. i hope comparing him to shaq was a joke.

Return to The General Board