ImageImageImage

2017 Draft Thread 2.0- Something to... Lmfao.. lol @

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

Who do you want from realistic options such as T.J. Leaf? Vote T.J. Now

T.J. Leaf
14%
John Collins
4%
Isaiah Hartenstein
4%
OG Anunoby
9%
Justin Jackson
13%
Justin Patton
5%
Harry Giles
8%
Zach Collins
19%
Luke Kennard
9%
Other
15%

Total votes: 93

SpacelyH
Sophomore
And1: 193

Re: 2017 Draft Thread 2.0- Something to... Lmfao.. lol @ 

Post#1661 » by SpacelyH » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:34 pm

Anyone think we should try and move down and dump off contracts at the same time like McRoberts and TJ?
J-House
Veteran
And1: 10,884

Post#1662 » by J-House » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:41 pm

SpacelyH wrote:Anyone think we should try and move down and dump off contracts at the same time like McRoberts and TJ?

I think I'd do it for the right prospect. Who'd you have in mind?
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,303

Post#1664 » by Bishop45 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:57 pm

Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:DX has us picking Ntilikina now :o.

Wouldn't count on it but that's a no-brainer for me. DX is all over the place these days
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
SpacelyH
Sophomore

Post#1665 » by SpacelyH » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:59 pm

J-House wrote:
SpacelyH wrote:Anyone think we should try and move down and dump off contracts at the same time like McRoberts and TJ?

I think I'd do it for the right prospect. Who'd you have in mind?

Jordan Bell looks nice. We could probably pick up a second rounder too since we would be trading up the 14th pick.
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,303

Post#1666 » by Bishop45 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:04 pm

Wonder how soon Bell gets picked, he's surmounted enough hype to go no later than 20. Definitely should be in Portland's eye with their assets and cap situation

Somebody's going to reach
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
RJM
General Manager
And1: 2,266

Post#1667 » by RJM » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:35 pm

One of the reasons I'm hoping he slides to #14. Imagining him next to Whiteside, Dragic, Winslow, and Waiters/Hayward is a beautiful thing. There's a legit chance that he could become something really special, based on what he's capable of and what I can envision Spoelstra doing with him at the 4. Once he develops a Dirk-like fadeaway, it's over.
contract
RealGM
And1: 20,715

Post#1668 » by contract » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:46 pm

RJM wrote:
Spoiler:
leoshes wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:Giles is Kwame Brown

More like Greg Oden unless he can get back to 100% & if so he is as quick as Bosh & Lamar Odom.

Watch some High School games of him & you will see.

High school is rarely a good indicator of NBA athleticism.

Justise Winslow was an explosive shooting guard in HS. I'm not sure I've ever seen him elevate this way in a HEAT uniform. The closest I remember was his debut dunk vs. Charlotte.

Justise has probably put on a few pounds since then. He should maybe consider losing them.
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
SpacelyH
Sophomore

Post#1669 » by SpacelyH » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:36 pm

Bishop45 wrote:Wonder how soon Bell gets picked, he's surmounted enough hype to go no later than 20. Definitely should be in Portland's eye with their assets and cap situation

Only thing tht I worry about Bell is that he's so limited offensively. His post game sucks and he has no jumper. He literally could be Thomas Robinson 2.0
Feel_the_Heat15
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,455

Post#1670 » by Feel_the_Heat15 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:38 pm

Bishop45 wrote:
Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:DX has us picking Ntilikina now :o.

Wouldn't count on it but that's a no-brainer for me. DX is all over the place these days

DX is the most accurate mock draft site. Most people thought that the Kennard hype wasn't real and now he might actually go as high as #8. Comparing Mitchell and Ntilikina, Mitchell seems like the better 2-way player. I don't even think Ntilikina has done any pre-draft workouts. If Ntilikina was available at #14 I'm not even 90% sure the Heat would pick him. I don't see the Knicks or Mavericks drafting Ntilikina if Monk or DSJ are still on the board. The Kings would most likely have already picked Fox as their PG by the time they're on the clock with the 10th pick. 11-17 just seem like Ntilikina's range and I heard Kennard's going no later 12th.
radikalBaller
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,324

Post#1671 » by radikalBaller » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:48 pm

SpacelyH wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:Wonder how soon Bell gets picked, he's surmounted enough hype to go no later than 20. Definitely should be in Portland's eye with their assets and cap situation

Only thing tht I worry about Bell is that he's so limited offensively. His post game sucks and he has no jumper. He literally could be Thomas Robinson 2.0

He has shown in his workouts that he ca shoot well. His post moves are not that bad, he actually has a nice hook. There is definitively a good potential for his offense to develops with the heat, at a minimum he should be able to do what UD could do in his prime along shaq.

Bell is also a pretty decent passer & screener wich create a lot of offense too.
radikalBaller
Lead Assistant

Post#1672 » by radikalBaller » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:56 pm

Remember this guy ?? Would you take a same heart, same motor, same learship, same rebounding, same toughness, but with quicker feet, better passing, better shotblocking, better stealing, defensively switchable version of him at 14th ? I would..

SpacelyH
Sophomore

Post#1673 » by SpacelyH » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:59 pm

radikalBaller wrote:
SpacelyH wrote:

He has shown in his workouts that he ca shoot well. His post moves are not that bad, he actually has a nice hook. There is definitively a good potential for his offense to develops with the heat, at a minimum he should be able to do what UD could do in his prime along shaq.

Bell is also a pretty decent passer & screener wich create a lot of offense too.

Well that's in workouts, a game is completely different. Especially an NBA game.

He was 3-20 from 17' feet out and 2-13 from 3 in college. It's only gonna be harder to hit shots when you're going into the NBA. He does have a lil moves in the post with the hook shot but it is very limited and he's undersized so they can be blocked pretty easily. He needs to advance his moves and probably bulk up more since he's short. but if he can develop a mid range game I would be completely fine with him because that can help Whiteside out tremendously instead of them both clogging the paint.

But I do agree with the passing and screens though.
radikalBaller
Lead Assistant

Post#1674 » by radikalBaller » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:05 pm

SpacelyH wrote:
radikalBaller wrote:
SpacelyH wrote:

Well that's in workouts, a game is completely different. Especially an NBA game.

He was 3-20 from 17' feet out and 2-13 from 3 in college. It's only gonna be harder to hit shots when you're going into the NBA. He does have a lil moves in the post with the hook shot but it is very limited and he's undersized so they can be blocked pretty easily. He needs to advance his moves and probably bulk up more since he's short. but if he can develop a mid range game I would be completely fine with him because that can help Whiteside out tremendously instead of them both clogging the paint.

The potential for shooting is here, diffcult to evuluate his 3pt shooting from his college stats as he was not ask to shoot at Oregon. Most of those 3pt attempts could have come as desperation late clocks. The 20 shots sample or .4 attempt per game is way to small and unconsistant to draw conclusions.
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,450

Post#1675 » by gom » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:07 pm

I have a gut feeling that Sacramento uses its NOLA pick on Harry Giles. Giles canceled his Heat workout.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
SpacelyH
Sophomore

Post#1676 » by SpacelyH » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:16 pm

radikalBaller wrote:
SpacelyH wrote:
radikalBaller wrote:

The potential for shooting is here, diffcult to evuluate his 3pt shooting from his college stats as he was not ask to shoot at Oregon. Most of those 3pt attempts could have come as desperation late clocks. The 20 shots sample or .4 attempt per game is way to small and unconsistant to draw conclusions.

Idk man, Winslow was a pretty good shooter in college and he's trash at shooting now. I don't think it's just that simple. But maybe
radikalBaller
Lead Assistant

Post#1677 » by radikalBaller » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:17 pm

Brace yourself because we could be getting the new era improved version of this guy ie UD 2.0 and it is about time, love UD heart and sould of this team, it will be sad day when this guy retire, we need his replacement now

radikalBaller
Lead Assistant

Post#1678 » by radikalBaller » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:32 pm

Winslow shot mechanics always looked wierd even in college. Bell's shooting form is actually pretty decent.

As long as he can hit the 18 footer like UD we should be fine. 3 pts shooting would be a bonus but looking at his workout results and his plus 70% ft conversion there is hope that he can shoot it over 30 pct which should keep defenses honest.

His hookshot was not getting blocked in college as he gets nice elevation before releasing it.

If anything he was a very efficient scorer at Oregon.

http://www.dailyemerald.com/2016/11/17/addition-jumpshot-jordan-bell-become-one-oregons-versatile-players/
SpacelyH
Sophomore

Post#1679 » by SpacelyH » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:46 pm

radikalBaller wrote:Winslow shot mechanics always looked wierd even in college. Bell's shooting form is actually pretty decent.

As long as he can hit the 18 footer like UD we should be fine. 3 pts shooting would be a bonus but looking at his workout results and his plus 70% ft conversion there is hope that he can shoot it over 30 pct which should keep defenses honest.

His hookshot was not getting blocked in college as he gets nice elevation before releasing it.

Well as of now he isn't proven to hit those shots. What exactly was he shooting in the workouts?

And if anything he's efficient but limited to what little offensive game he has.
radikalBaller
Lead Assistant

Post#1680 » by radikalBaller » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:16 pm

SpacelyH wrote:
radikalBaller wrote:Winslow shot mechanics always looked wierd even in college. Bell's shooting form is actually pretty decent.

Well as of now he isn't proven to hit those shots. What exactly was he shooting in the workouts?

And if anything he's efficient but limited to what little offensive game he has.

Bell: 24 (with lot of 3pters)
Brihma: 18
Meeks: 13
Beacon: 10
Alford: 10

Here you can also hear him say that he has been shooting it well in the workouts. Winslow never shot it well in his workouts, part of the reasons why he droped to 10th...

Also here is an article mentioning his shooting progress at Oregon

http://www.dailyemerald.com/2016/11/17/addition-jumpshot-jordan-bell-become-one-oregons-versatile-players/

Return to Miami Heat