ImageImageImage

Around the NBA 30.0 - Whale-watching edition

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

Mos_Heat
RealGM
And1: 36,795

Re: Around the NBA 30.0 - Whale-watching edition 

Post#461 » by Mos_Heat » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:53 pm

Bishop45 wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:Think the trade works out great for both teams. Philly was in danger of having too many young players on their team and more roster imbalance. Now they can take a guy who fits what they need very well.

For Boston, they get another prime asset in the LAL or Sac pick while still getting a stud this year. I wouldn't trade for Butler at this point if I were them. They're not THAT good to think he's the missing piece.

Butler AND Griffin or Hayward is a considerable leap for a team that just topped the conference if they could land it. Not sure how much cap maneuvering they would have to do tho

not much. need to dump PHI's pick, Bradley, Crowder
:reporter:
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,356

Post#462 » by Bishop45 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:55 pm

Mos_Heat wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:BC has got a lot of heat for being incompetent but this more than makes up for a few mistakes. I'm still not a firm believer in Austrailian Rondo or Embiid's ability to consistently 70+ Regular season games and hypothetically 12+ Playoff games with his injury history but Markelle is something. Hopefully they can make the Playoffs sometime in the near future to make fruition of all the Hinkie praise for doing nothing

If C's get Josh Jackson or Jimmy Butler/Blake Griffin than they're not much worse off but they're playing with fire. IT must have hit Ainge with the "...But Sempai, why?" at least once since

there is a lot of noise that Tatum is their guy

If they traded the 1st pick for Tatum then Ainge deserves the book
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,633

Post#463 » by DayofMourning » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:08 pm

Flash4thewin wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:Think the trade works out great for both teams. Philly was in danger of having too many young players on their team and more roster imbalance. Now they can take a guy who fits what they need very well.

For Boston, they get another prime asset in the LAL or Sac pick while still getting a stud this year. I wouldn't trade for Butler at this point if I were them. They're not THAT good to think he's the missing piece.

This is a great move for Philly. They have a good core minus a SG and will make noise very soon. Boston i feel has no direction in the sense of either going all in to compete or do a full rebuild. Unless Boston is going to package things up to get a real elite game changer they would have been better off rebuilding

It definitely makes Philly's roster look a lot more balanced, with a direction and purpose; unlike when they drafted three centers in a row. They come out of the deal looking real nice.

As for Boston, they're racking up some nice assets. As you said, I would not get rid of those assets for a B level star player like Butler. You don't mortgage the farm for a player like that. I hear the Anthony Davis talks, and that would be be worth it, but that seems pretty unrealistic to me.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,633

Post#464 » by DayofMourning » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:13 pm

Bishop45 wrote:

Butler AND Griffin or Hayward is a considerable leap for a team that just topped the conference if they could land it. Not sure how much cap maneuvering they would have to do tho

Looks like a lot of cap being invested into B level stars. Not a name on that list makes my heart leap. Griffin is the best of the bunch, but he's averaging like 45 games a season over the past three years. Not feeling the need to forfeit good prospects for Hayward and Butler. Does that hold off the Cavs?

If they stay in draft mode, and JJ falls to them, and they get another prime pick in the next couple years, then at least they've got low priced top talent. Would wait for Paul George in FA myself. He's not top tier, but he feels like more of a game changer to me.
Bishop45
RealGM

Post#465 » by Bishop45 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:22 pm

DayofMourning wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:

Looks like a lot of cap being invested into B level stars. Not a name on that list makes my heart leap. Griffin is the best of the bunch, but he's averaging like 45 games a season over the past three years. Not feeling the need to forfeit good prospects for Hayward and Butler. Does that hold off the Cavs?

If they stay in draft mode, and JJ falls to them, and they get another prime pick in the next couple years, then at least they've got low priced top talent. Would wait for Paul George in FA myself. He's not top tier, but he feels like more of a game changer to me.

B-lister's or not, those guys are really good and Celtic's would be stacked. Those prospects might never field a team as good as that and the Celtic's might never get an opportunity to put together a team that good again in the near future. I understand the risks but sometimes you gotta take risks and I wouldn't blame them if they did

They had a good enough core to field a team that competed for the conference 1 seed and could possibly add TWO top 20 players, I think you're understating how much of an upgrade that means

Rest in Power Chadwick

PizzaLord305
Sixth Man
And1: 6,480

Post#466 » by PizzaLord305 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:05 pm

Bishop45 wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:

B-lister's or not, those guys are really good and Celtic's would be stacked. Those prospects might never field a team as good as that and the Celtic's might never get an opportunity to put together a team that good again in the near future. I understand the risks but sometimes you gotta take risks and I wouldn't blame them if they did

They had a good enough core to field a team that competed for the conference 1 seed and could possibly add TWO top 20 players, I think you're understating how much of an upgrade that means

That's why I think he's whatever happens they gotta keep this years pick. Tatum or Jackson along with jalen brown give you a chance at having future franchise players while a guy like griffin could join this current team and keep you in contention for the 1 seed and help bridge the gap.
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,759

Post#467 » by KingDavid » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:50 pm

Now that the pg news is out there, Boston is gonna pony up that #3 (bradley and someone else) and some players for pg. Then the Celtics can sign either Hayward or Griffin. That could end the Cavs' reign over the east.
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
PizzaLord305
Sixth Man
And1: 6,480

Post#468 » by PizzaLord305 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:46 pm

KingDavid wrote:Now that the pg news is out there, Boston is gonna pony up that #3 (bradley and someone else) and some players for pg. Then the Celtics can sign either Hayward or Griffin. That could end the Cavs' reign over the east.

They'd be crazy to send out that 3rd pick in a package for Paul George on a rental. I think any team would be foolish to trade anything substantial for him except for Cleveland. The cavs are the only team that a pg rental makes sense for. If you really think there's a chance that lebron leaves then maybe taking one last serious shot at the warriors with a big trade is the way to go.

Other than that, indianas gonna have a real hard time trading pg. they have zero leverage. They shoulda lowered their asking price a little and dealt him at this past seasons deadline if anything.
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Post#469 » by IggieCC » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:35 am

Read on Twitter

Chalm Down? :reporter:
3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS
Bishop45
RealGM

Post#470 » by Bishop45 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:31 am

Goat SZN then Petty SZN and then Woj SZN all concurrently this year

very intradesting

Rest in Power Chadwick

Bishop45
RealGM

Post#471 » by Bishop45 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:38 am

Read on Twitter

Rest in Power Chadwick

JaysRule15
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 119,997

Post#472 » by JaysRule15 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:46 am

Every team's fanbase trying to cook up proposals for Paul George right now lol.
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,289

Post#473 » by goodboy » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:46 am

Awkward for Indy fans...
Bright
goodboy
RealGM

Post#474 » by goodboy » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:47 am

JaysRule15 wrote:Every team's fanbase trying to cook up proposals for Paul George right now lol.

DD + Val for PG?

I would say Lowry but they already got Teague.
Bright
goodboy
RealGM

Post#475 » by goodboy » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:49 am

IggieCC wrote:
Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

Spoiler:

Chalm Down? :reporter:

Chalm Down is literally Chalm Down.
Bright
Dr_Heat
RealGM
And1: 96,866

Post#476 » by Dr_Heat » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:52 am

JaysRule15 wrote:Every team's fanbase trying to cook up proposals for Paul George right now lol.

What's the Raptors proposal ?
Dr_Heat wrote: Oof
goodboy
RealGM

Post#477 » by goodboy » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:52 am

Drinking a nice hot fresh cup of nescafe right now, is life.
Bright
Dr_Heat
RealGM

Post#478 » by Dr_Heat » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:54 am

This

Spoiler:
phucking

guy
JaysRule15
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 119,997

Post#479 » by JaysRule15 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:55 am

HeatWillRise wrote:

Lowry + Val + something else for PG?

Dr_Heat wrote:What's the Raptors proposal ?

Consensus on the Raps board is Val/Powell and two first rounders. idk, seems a bit much for a rental and still no guarantee that we get past Cleveland.

What would the Heat be giving up in a potential trade? Hopefully not Winslow.
Dr_Heat
RealGM

Post#480 » by Dr_Heat » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:56 am

Poor chalms , someone should call San Diego police and file a missing persons report on that poor guy

Return to Miami Heat