ImageImageImageImageImage

2017 / 2018 Season FA/Trade Wishing Well

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,259
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Re: Summer 2017 / 2018 Season FA/Trade Wishing Well 

Post#1681 » by BKlutch » Sat Jul 8, 2017 4:16 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
BKlutch wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
But Carmelo said that's he's not a spot of shooter in D'Antoni's system and actually forced D'Antoni to quit over this very issue.

LOL, if I'm D'Antoni, I'm telling Morey that I'd quit if he brought Melo to Houston. But I understand that Mike said he's okay with with it. So go figure.

So go figure?

He's got a coach's salary on a winning team with James F'ing Harden and CP3. He's the coach of the year, Melo is an aging star who is lucky to go to a good team, and D'Antoni has all the power. Melo is grateful for the chance, and he'll do his best to make D'Antoni (and himself) a winner. D'Antoni is too smart to blow this because of false pride -- it's what he is getting paid to do.

Well, when you put it like that. :D

I'll tell you what: If D'Antoni can't find it within himself to coach Melo, I'll (reluctantly, but graciously) accept the position coaching Houston to their appearance in the Western Conference Finals. And I won't ask more much more than Mike D. is getting paid now. How's that for being a nice guy?

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,443

Post#1682 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Jul 8, 2017 4:23 pm

BKlutch wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
BKlutch wrote:So go figure?

He's got a coach's salary on a winning team with James F'ing Harden and CP3. He's the coach of the year, Melo is an aging star who is lucky to go to a good team, and D'Antoni has all the power. Melo is grateful for the chance, and he'll do his best to make D'Antoni (and himself) a winner. D'Antoni is too smart to blow this because of false pride -- it's what he is getting paid to do.

I'll tell you what: If D'Antoni can't find it within himself to coach Melo, I'll (reluctantly, but graciously) accept the position coaching Houston to their appearance in the Western Conference Finals. And I won't ask more much more than Mike D. is getting paid now. How's that for being a nice guy?

Well, you nailed it in your prior post. Melo's would be going to a team already with it's Alphas. They got Harden and Paul, so Melo will have to take a back seat. It would look so bad for him if he went there and started crying about this and that. D'Antoni has hand (Seinfeld)

Too bad they don't have the assets to trade for him.
BKlutch
RealGM

Post#1683 » by BKlutch » Sat Jul 8, 2017 4:27 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
BKlutch wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Well, you nailed it in your prior post. Melo's would be going to a team already with it's Alphas. They got Harden and Paul, so Melo will have to take a back seat. It would look so bad for him if he went there and started crying about this and that. D'Antoni has hand (Seinfeld)

Yes, a couple of picks and a short term contract (whatever position or player) would have made me happy. I think Melo is not the monster many have made him out to be. He's probably a nice guy. The anger at him for not being what we needed is really understandable, but it's still misplaced.

I understand that when Phil started, there was a feeling among the faithful that re-signing Melo was key to our future. But we paid way too dearly with the NTC. We need to be angry at Phil's worst decision ever, and at the years of mismanagement and poor leadership that put us all in a bad place.

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

BKlutch
RealGM

Post#1684 » by BKlutch » Sat Jul 8, 2017 4:28 pm

WOJ just said the Hawks won't match on TH Jr. Early announcement. What, are they trying to be good losers?

BKlutch
RealGM

Post#1685 » by BKlutch » Sat Jul 8, 2017 4:30 pm

newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,545

Post#1686 » by newyorker4ever » Sat Jul 8, 2017 4:39 pm

Read on Twitter
newyorker4ever
RealGM

Post#1687 » by newyorker4ever » Sat Jul 8, 2017 4:40 pm

This guy has some interesting tweets about this Phoenix, Cavs, Knicks trade with one having Cavs getting Melo, Suns getting K.LOve and Knicks getting yong players and a pick.

https://twitter.com/TreyRodriguezNY?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ultimateknicks.com%2Fforum%2Ftopic.asp%3Ft%3D56976
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1688 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Jul 8, 2017 4:41 pm

BKlutch wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
BKlutch wrote:I'll tell you what: If D'Antoni can't find it within himself to coach Melo, I'll (reluctantly, but graciously) accept the position coaching Houston to their appearance in the Western Conference Finals. And I won't ask more much more than Mike D. is getting paid now. How's that for being a nice guy?

Yes, a couple of picks and a short term contract (whatever position or player) would have made me happy. I think Melo is not the monster many have made him out to be. He's probably a nice guy. The anger at him for not being what we needed is really understandable, but it's still misplaced.

I understand that when Phil started, there was a feeling among the faithful that re-signing Melo was key to our future. But we paid way too dearly with the NTC. We need to be angry at Phil's worst decision ever, and at the years of mismanagement and poor leadership that put us all in a bad place.

Melo a nice guy? Maybe. But he's a selfish mo-fo who, at least imo, always put himself first and the team second. Sorry Klutch, I can only go so far.

F*ck Melo!
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,145

Post#1689 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Jul 8, 2017 4:46 pm

newyorker4ever wrote:This guy has some interesting tweets about this Phoenix, Cavs, Knicks trade with one having Cavs getting Melo, Suns getting K.LOve and Knicks getting yong players and a pick.

https://twitter.com/TreyRodriguezNY?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ultimateknicks.com%2Fforum%2Ftopic.asp%3Ft%3D56976

Who on Phoenix, to the tune of 24 million, is coming back to the Knicks in this scenario?

What is the most Knicks deal?

Knight, Williams and ?
BKlutch
RealGM

Post#1690 » by BKlutch » Sat Jul 8, 2017 4:47 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
BKlutch wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Melo a nice guy? Maybe. But he's a selfish mo-fo who, at least imo, always put himself first and the team second. Sorry Klutch, I can only go so far.

F*ck Melo!

Well, at least I'd prefer to do that to LaLa instead of Melo! Seriously, I get that we don't like he wanted to stay in NY even though he's not benefitting our plans. But we did offer him the contract and he based his life plans around being here.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans.

Marriage didn't work out, Knicks didn't work out, and nobody likes him. As much as I really wish he'd just leave, he hasn't turned evil on us like he could have. Him staying around makes him look weak to me, and not so smart. Couple that with him being an aging star, and he's easy to hate. But I place the blame on the poor decision to give him that NTC in his contract.

newyorker4ever
RealGM

Post#1691 » by newyorker4ever » Sat Jul 8, 2017 4:49 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:This guy has some interesting tweets about this Phoenix, Cavs, Knicks trade with one having Cavs getting Melo, Suns getting K.LOve and Knicks getting yong players and a pick.

Who on Phoenix, to the tune of 24 million, is coming back to the Knicks in this scenario?

Knight, Williams and ?

Don't know but TJ Warren would be one i'd love to get to stick at SF. They have a lot of young talent on that team so maybe it would end up being a bunch of small pieces with a pick kinda like what Houston gave the Clips for CP3.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,145

Post#1692 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Jul 8, 2017 4:52 pm

newyorker4ever wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

Knight, Williams and ?

Don't know but TJ Warren would be one i'd love to get to stick at SF. They have a lot of young talent on that team so maybe it would end up being a bunch of small pieces with a pick kinda like what Houston gave the Clips for CP3.

I'd think it would be them getting rid of one large bum (Chandler or Knight), one promising young player (Warren?) and some random not that good young guy.
Rockazoids
Head Coach
And1: 1,995

Post#1693 » by Rockazoids » Sat Jul 8, 2017 4:58 pm

br7knicks wrote:Rescind offer to thjr, and go get KCP. That's an actual long term piece as long as he doesn't get lazy and complacent

I say if they can rescind THJ offer I call SAS & offer
KOQ for Kyle Anderson & Dejounte Murray http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y88cg649
SAS only have LaMarcus Aldridge as a big, no other PF or center on board. They just resign Mills & signed Gay so
both are they 3rd string for them now.
Knicks can start Murray & Frank and start the tank right. It would be a good thing for KOQ too, a good place to send him.
Follow the science not some internet physician & get your shots.
Kerrsed wrote:Just thinking of this deal makes my ass hurt!

turk3d wrote: you're about to make me go old rem on you

GoNYK1288 wrote:You better clench your butt cheeks because the GB is about to have at you.
Battery
Analyst
And1: 158

Post#1694 » by Battery » Sat Jul 8, 2017 4:59 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Battery wrote:
Pointgod wrote:I disagree here. Phil was trying to build a team that satisfied his stupid triangle. He had limited understanding of the new NBA and the importance of spacing which ironically would play to Carmelo's strengths.

Nothing plays to Carmelo's strengths. If you're going to space the floor you better be able to move without the ball and pass. Plus he plays no defense, so no matter what system Phil brought in Carmelo would have done his own thing. Actually, the one team that does play to Carmelo's strengths is Houston. There he can chuck away until his heart's content. And the best thing about it is he doesn't even have to get back on defense. But he better shoot quick in Houston, otherwise, he will get run out of town there too.

But Carmelo said that's he's not a spot of shooter in D'Antoni's system and actually forced D'Antoni to quit over this very issue.

LOL, if I'm D'Antoni, I'm telling Morey that I'd quit if he brought Melo to Houston. But I understand that Mike said he's okay with with it. So go figure.

That's why I said he better shoot quick! :lol: For some odd reason, Melo loves to wait for the defender to come to him so he can take contested jump shots. He must think he's Steph Curry. :roll:
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Post#1695 » by NoLayupRule » Sat Jul 8, 2017 5:02 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:

Knight, Williams and ?

seems pretty simple to me

Melo to cavs
Love to Phx
Bledstoe and Dudley to NY

we get a 1st round pick from Phx thats top 6 protected and their 2018 2nd rounder
Battery
Analyst
And1: 158

Post#1696 » by Battery » Sat Jul 8, 2017 5:02 pm

Pointgod wrote:
Battery wrote:
Pointgod wrote:I disagree here. Phil was trying to build a team that satisfied his stupid triangle. He had limited understanding of the new NBA and the importance of spacing which ironically would play to Carmelo's strengths.

Nothing plays to Carmelo's strengths. If you're going to space the floor you better be able to move without the ball and pass. Plus he plays no defense, so no matter what system Phil brought in Carmelo would have done his own thing. Actually, the one team that does play to Carmelo's strengths is Houston. There he can chuck away until his heart's content. And the best thing about it is he doesn't even have to get back on defense. But he better shoot quick in Houston, otherwise, he will get run out of town there too.

Somehow Denver managed to build a successful team around him but that's none of my business though........

But that Melo is long gone.....
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1697 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Jul 8, 2017 5:06 pm

BKlutch wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
BKlutch wrote:Yes, a couple of picks and a short term contract (whatever position or player) would have made me happy. I think Melo is not the monster many have made him out to be. He's probably a nice guy. The anger at him for not being what we needed is really understandable, but it's still misplaced.

F*ck Melo!

Well, at least I'd prefer to do that to LaLa instead of Melo! Seriously, I get that we don't like he wanted to stay in NY even though he's not benefitting our plans. But we did offer him the contract and he based his life plans around being here.

Marriage didn't work out, Knicks didn't work out, and nobody likes him. As much as I really wish he'd just leave, he hasn't turned evil on us like he could have. Him staying around makes him look weak to me, and not so smart. Couple that with him being an aging star, and he's easy to hate. But I place the blame on the poor decision to give him that NTC in his contract.

He got D'Antoni and Phil both to resign over his BS.
newyorker4ever
RealGM

Post#1698 » by newyorker4ever » Sat Jul 8, 2017 5:10 pm

NoLayupRule wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

Knight, Williams and ?

seems pretty simple to me

Melo to cavs
Love to Phx
Bledstoe and Dudley to NY

we get a 1st round pick from Phx thats top 6 protected and their 2018 2nd rounder

I'm not sure i can see us getting that much. Bledsoe is a beast when healthy and Dudley is still a good player to have coming off the bench but i can't see us getting both of them and a 1st and 2nd round pick. I'd take it all day long though.
BKlutch
RealGM

Post#1699 » by BKlutch » Sat Jul 8, 2017 5:18 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
BKlutch wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

F*ck Melo!

He got D'Antoni and Phil both to resign over his BS.

I think another part of it is because certain folks here were so crazy about his being the best and basically throwing shade every time anybody said Melo most go. That made it harder to appreciate the good qualities he had. :lol:

Huey Freeman
General Manager
And1: 878

Post#1700 » by Huey Freeman » Sat Jul 8, 2017 5:18 pm

Read on Twitter

It seems like swapping out Melo for Kevin Love is not making CLE better to go against GSW; it's lateral. The talent gap between GSW and CLE still remains. IMO, CLE needs to ADD talent to compete with GSW, not replace it. Make them work on defense the entire 48 minutes. Melo off the bench accomplishes that if Lue manages his rotations well.
Revolution starts in the mind...

Return to New York Knicks