ImageImageImageImageImage

OT Spider-Man: Homecoming

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

JXL
General Manager
And1: 8,412

Re: OT Spider-Man: Homecoming 

Post#21 » by JXL » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:09 pm

Traveyknicks23 wrote:
JXL wrote:Saw it yesterday. Fun movie, Keaton was good, Downey Jr needed more screen time, Holland was meh.

7/10 for me. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 was much better.

Get the hell outta here with that score :lol:

Not really suprised you gave it that tho.

You were surprised it wasn't lower?
BIRD UP!
#OGKENOBI

Follow me on X: @sirJXL
Buttah304
Analyst
And1: 5,568

Post#22 » by Buttah304 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:16 pm

Wonder Woman completely blew this out of the water. It was so much more emotional, the characters had more depth and I thought the overall pace was much better. Spider-Man was lighthearted fun, entertaining for sure. Don't need to see it again.
Polk377
General Manager
And1: 5,364

Post#23 » by Polk377 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:26 pm

E-Balla wrote:9/10. Amazing movie but...

Spoiler:
biggest superhero movie blue balls ever with the Iron Spider suit. WTF Marvel I was about to give this a 10/10 after seeing that damn suit.

Spoiler:
From what I hear we will be seeing that suit again but not on Peter Parker. It will be on.....................Miles Morales
Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,549

Post#24 » by Meat » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:51 pm

Polk377 wrote:

Spoiler:
biggest superhero movie blue balls ever with the Iron Spider suit. WTF Marvel I was about to give this a 10/10 after seeing that damn suit.

Spoiler:
From what I hear we will be seeing that suit again but not on Peter Parker. It will be on.....................Miles Morales

did i miss something, i thought it was
Spoiler:
the spider-armor m3
Knicks Byke
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,224

Post#25 » by Knicks Byke » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:11 pm

7/10

they catered this for the younger audience way too much imo.

asian fat boy kinda overdid some of the acting too, it was cringey
Polk377
General Manager

Post#26 » by Polk377 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:45 pm

Meat wrote:
Polk377 wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
the spider-armor m3

Spoiler:
Word is that after Infinity Wars a lot of things will change in the MCU. RDJ is done as Tony Stark and the rest of the Avengers status are unknown. One speculation I've heard is that if Tony Stark is killed off that Miles Morales will wear the Iron Spider suit to replace him. I have no idea what the likelihood of that is though.
Meat
Head Coach

Post#27 » by Meat » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:51 pm

Polk377 wrote:
Meat wrote:
Polk377 wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
the spider-armor m3

Spoiler:
Word is that after Infinity Wars a lot of things will change in the MCU. RDJ is done as Tony Stark and the rest of the Avengers status are unknown. One speculation I've heard is that if Tony Stark is killed off that Miles Morales will wear the Iron Spider suit to replace him. I have no idea what the likelihood of that is though.

Spoiler:
im really hoping for riri williams
djsunyc
RealGM
And1: 67,159

Post#28 » by djsunyc » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:54 pm

Buttah304 wrote:Wonder Woman completely blew this out of the water. It was so much more emotional, the characters had more depth and I thought the overall pace was much better. Spider-Man was lighthearted fun, entertaining for sure. Don't need to see it again.

i thought wonder woman was mad boring.
Polk377
General Manager

Post#29 » by Polk377 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:59 pm

Meat wrote:
Polk377 wrote:
Meat wrote:
Spoiler:
the spider-armor m3

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
im really hoping for riri williams

Might be a little too progressive for Marvel if they also bring in MM.....
Meat
Head Coach

Post#30 » by Meat » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:44 pm

riri, mm, amadeus cho... it's writing itself
cavs4life03
Starter
And1: 782

Post#31 » by cavs4life03 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:22 pm

this movie was off the chain!!!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using RealGM mobile app
young players + cap space + draft picks = bright future
kenneyy88
Junior
And1: 96

Post#32 » by kenneyy88 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:52 pm

Really fun movie! 8/10. Great humor, great surprise twist. Could have done more with the female lead. The movie really humanized spiderman.
Ris_44
Sixth Man
And1: 57

Post#33 » by Ris_44 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:12 pm

This is what early Spider-Man was like though. Every time they do a reboot they tell the origin story like we don't know who Spider-Man is and forget the early high-school days. They want to skip all that and jump to college Spider-Man who was a little more experienced and took on bigger villains. This was a great movie from a story telling stand point. And the best part is it was fun as hell.
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 13,945

Post#34 » by KnicksGadfly » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:11 pm

Thought this one was one of the better marvel movies I've seen. Loved it. Think these trailers give out way too much before the movies start though

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
CoolKids
RealGM
And1: 2,648

Post#35 » by CoolKids » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:59 pm

8/10 for me. Glad it wasn't another origin reboot. Twist was good.

Also impressed they were able to pull off vulture as a villain without being cheesy.

When are we getting mysterio in a spider man movie?
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#36 » by Dr. Detfink » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:21 pm

Avengers didn't feel like it took place in NYC, THIS MOVIE felt like it was a living, breathing NYC.

Loved Keaton as the Vulture.

What this movie does, actually make the case that the Avengers and Tony Stark are the REAL bad guys who literally destroyed the life of a middle class man who just wanted to give his family the BEST in life possible.

That speech where Keaton talked about the super rich and how ordinary men will always be fighting THEIR wars...oh I was EATING that stuff up.

The stuff I wasn't keen on, the Spider-man suit is essentially an Iron Man suit with an AI giving Peter all these attack modes. Now Interrogation mode had me laughing in tears. But there was too much of that "the suit" stuff going on.

I also was confused on the lesson. Tony berates Peter for being reckless then rewards him for doing the same thing.

Great Peter Parker film, So-so Spider-man film.
Fury
RealGM
And1: 14,934

Post#37 » by Fury » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:21 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:Avengers didn't feel like it took place in NYC, THIS MOVIE felt like it was a living, breathing NYC.

What this movie does, actually make the case that the Avengers and Tony Stark are the REAL bad guys who literally destroyed the life of a middle class man who just wanted to give his family the BEST in life possible.

That speech where Keaton talked about the super rich and how ordinary men will always be fighting THEIR wars...oh I was EATING that stuff up.

The stuff I wasn't keen on, the Spider-man suit is essentially an Iron Man suit with an AI giving Peter all these attack modes. Now Interrogation mode had me laughing in tears. But there was too much of that "the suit" stuff going on.

Loved the emphasis on Queens
Fury
RealGM
And1: 14,934

Post#38 » by Fury » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:23 pm

CoolKids wrote:8/10 for me. Glad it wasn't another origin reboot. Twist was good.

Also impressed they were able to pull off vulture as a villain without being cheesy.

When are we getting mysterio in a spider man movie?

Spoiler on villain

Spoiler:
they at least set up Michael mando as scorpion, and we got shocker
AmazingJason
RealGM
And1: 6,142

Post#39 » by AmazingJason » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:43 am

Dr. Detfink wrote:Avengers didn't feel like it took place in NYC, THIS MOVIE felt like it was a living, breathing NYC.

I also was confused on the lesson. Tony berates Peter for being reckless then rewards him for doing the same thing.

Great Peter Parker film, So-so Spider-man film.

I just saw the trailer. I'm kind of surprised; it was actually decent.

The Iron Man suit was stupid. I would skip the movie purely for that alone.

I grew up in Tobey's generation, so to me, he's always going to be the definitive Spider-Man. He just needed better material to act with.
BAT 18.0 - MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES

El Poochio - POBO
Amazing Jason - Assistant to the VPOBO

PG: Lonzo Ball/Dennis Smith Jr.
SG: Donovan Mitchell/R. McGruder
SF: Jaylen Brown/Josh Jackson
PF: Jayson Tatum/T. Booker
C: Joel Embiid/McGee
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,180

Post#40 » by DOT » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:07 am

Michael Keaton was by far the best part of the movie

That scene where he's in the car piecing together that Peter is actually Spider-Man was amazing, and the use of the traffic light (with it being red as he's thinking to green as he puts it all together, as well as being a shift from Spider-Man's color to Vulture's color) was a great touch.

Solid addition to the MCU, definitely one of the better Spider-Man movies. Not my absolute favorite, and I wouldn't pay money to see it again, but enjoyable

Also
Spoiler:
I've heard people say that the twist that Liz was Vulture's daughter was unexpected, but I thought it was pretty obvious from the start. The first we see of Vulture, he has his kid's drawings, which appear to be around age 8 or 9, then we jump forward 8 years, we never see Liz's parents until the reveal, and when Vulture's goons are looking for the purple glowy thing in the school,
one of them says "Imagine if he knew we were here," which all together is pretty heavy foreshadowing, IMO.
The reveal was very well done, the music cutting out right as Vulture opens the door, then the mother coming out of nowhere when you're expecting a jump scare, that entire 10 minutes is probably the best part of the film
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe

Return to New York Knicks