Worst Team Next Year

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Worst 2017-18 Team

1-Nets
29%
2-Bulls
27%
3-Magic
6%
4-Lakers
7%
5-Suns
4%
6-Kings
2%
7-Knicks
8%
8-Philly
2%
9-ATL
16%

Total votes: 324

pipfan
RealGM
And1: 3,355

Worst Team Next Year 

Post#1 » by pipfan » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:40 am

I think my Bulls are the worst team going into the season. I know there are a few other candidates, but with Lavine coming back late, and will need time to come back-and counting on Dunn and other young guys for huge minutes-we are going to win 20 games (I hope). Wade will be gone, maybe soon. I hope we can get something for Lopez, and just let them suck for a top 3 pick.

The ONLY other candidate I see at this moment is the Nets. I think there will be other bad teams
Suns-too much talent
Lakers-no reason to lose
Sac-lots of young talent, but signed some vets and should be on the uptick
Char-competing for the playoffs
Philly-really depends on health, but I think their suck days are over
Magic-young talent maturing
ATL-they might be bad, but they have a great coach and some talent
Knicks-even if they deal Melo, KP should win some games
Dallas-compete for playoffs
Dtown84
Sixth Man
And1: 218

Re: Worst Team Next Year 

Post#2 » by Dtown84 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:13 am

Nets, and they once again get no draft picks out of it.
nbafan38
Head Coach
And1: 5,364

Post#3 » by nbafan38 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:21 am

I don't think the Nets will be the worst if Lin stays healthy. They have no incentive to tank where as teams like the Bulls would have a lot of incentive to take.
RightToCensor
Head Coach
And1: 7,410

Post#4 » by RightToCensor » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:27 am

Atlanta is gonna have no home court next season and roster-wise is probably worse than Brooklyn.
omerome
RealGM
And1: 7,740

Post#5 » by omerome » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:28 am

nbafan38 wrote:I don't think the Nets will be the worst if Lin stays healthy. They have no incentive to tank where as teams like the Bulls would have a lot of incentive to take.

But the Nets had the worst record last year and they didn't have any incentive to tank either.
udfa
Starter
And1: 2,821

Post#6 » by udfa » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:08 am

I think Indiana belongs on this list and none of the Lakers, Suns, Magic or Sixers should be on it at all. I voted for the Nets but at this point I think it could be any one of the Nets, Pacers or Bulls.

My guess
Bulls (23-59)
Nets (23-59)
Pacers (26-56)
Kings (27-55)
Hawks (28-54)
Knicks (29-53)
Suns (30-52)
Lakers (31-51)
Magic (32-50)
Sixers (37-45)
bigpimpatl
Veteran
And1: 1,256

Post#7 » by bigpimpatl » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:08 am

The Hawks are by far the worst team. They lost THREE starters: Millsap, THJ, and Howard. Schroeder is basically the best player on the team. And he can be wishy-washy.
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,048

Post#8 » by Lalouie » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:14 am

The nets just solidified it the other day
bulliedog8
Head Coach
And1: 4,482

Post#9 » by bulliedog8 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:14 am

bigpimpatl wrote:The Hawks are by far the worst team. They lost THREE starters: Millsap, THJ, and Howard. Schroeder is basically the best player on the team. And he can be wishy-washy.

Bulls were a 10 win team at best without butler. Butler is now gone. Bulls will be absolute trash. Anything more than 24 wins would be an absolute shock. I say 18-22 for the bulls.
spaceballer
Head Coach
And1: 2,707

Post#10 » by spaceballer » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:51 am

omerome wrote:
nbafan38 wrote:I don't think the Nets will be the worst if Lin stays healthy. They have no incentive to tank where as teams like the Bulls would have a lot of incentive to take.

But the Nets had the worst record last year and they didn't have any incentive to tank either.

They lost both their starting and backup PGs when injuries took out JLin and Greivis Vasquez. Vasquez needed season-ending surgery after 3 games.

If you remove both the starting and backup PG from any team, the loss at such a crucial playmaking position that runs the team will have a disproportionate cascading effect on the teammates who depend on the PG to create for them and control the offense. They had to depend on undrafted rookies, D-League call-ups, and guys playing out of position to try to cobble together some sort of PG by committee. They even had their eventual PF trying to play PG at one point. That was how badly affected they were by the loss of Lin and Vasquez.

They were actually playing decent ball at the start of the season and in the nearly .500 stretch after they got back a healthy Lin. They would not have been the worst team last season if they didn't lose both their starting and backup PGs.
bigpimpatl
Veteran
And1: 1,256

Post#11 » by bigpimpatl » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:58 am

bulliedog8 wrote:
bigpimpatl wrote:The Hawks are by far the worst team. They lost THREE starters: Millsap, THJ, and Howard. Schroeder is basically the best player on the team. And he can be wishy-washy.

Bulls were a 10 win team at best without butler. Butler is now gone. Bulls will be absolute trash. Anything more than 24 wins would be an absolute shock. I say 18-22 for the bulls.

Ehh I think that's selling the Bulls too short. LM will be solid next to Lopez. I expect good competition between Dunn and Payne and Grant at the guard spot. And Lavine will join the team later on too. Valentine played better the second half of last season so I think he will build upon that. If they bring back Mirotic another. Even without Niko, I just think that's more talent than Schroeder-Prince-Plumlee-Bazemore and dudes like Deandre Bembry and Malcolm Delaney. That Hawks roster looks awful :lol:
Mr. Tibbs
Head Coach
And1: 466

Post#12 » by Mr. Tibbs » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:58 am

Bulls. Hawks took the biggest talent dip but they still have a competent coach, that should win them a few more games than the Bulls, who have all the pieces (youngns, scrubs, Fred Tim Floyd Hoiberg) to suck quite a bit.
RIP Johnny Red Kerr, Norm Van Lier, Pdenninggolden, Bullsmaniac
Kurt Heimlich
Head Coach
And1: 5,303

Post#13 » by Kurt Heimlich » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:01 am

The Bulls look really bad. Especially with the hilarity that is their current PG situation. Plus they're motivated to lose where the Nets/Lakers of the world are not. But the east is so trash it should be a competitive (is that the right word for it?) race for 15th place with the Nets Pacers Magic and Hawks.
Tinseltown
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,917

Post#14 » by Tinseltown » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:57 am

Nets easy. They had the worst record last year by 4 games AND they lost their best player this off-season. A healthy Lin will help a little bit but people who expect D'Angelo to be the second coming of James Harden right away are going to be in for a rude awakening
giberish
RealGM
And1: 5,830

Post#15 » by giberish » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:25 am

I'm the guy who voted for the Suns.

They had the 3rd worst record last year. The bottom of the west should be better with improvement from the Lakers and Kings (and Dallas should remain respectable). The EC has several tank candidates but Suns stand alone in the west which will help (I'm voting for worst record really, not really worst team). I'm also expecting them to deal Bledsoe (though I also expected Denver to have already traded for him so I could be wrong there) - which would take their clear best player away. They've got several interesting young players but none are good yet.
LAL
Sixth Man
And1: 2,860

Post#16 » by LAL » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:29 am

Barring injuries of course, the worst two or three teams typically are tanking. Last year, the Nets were definitely not the worst team when they were fully healthy. I don't know too much about next years draft, but I have heard it is good. This makes me think we may have an epic tank-off between the bottom feeders that actually own their picks.

The Suns, Kings, Knicks (if they trade Carmelo), Bulls, Pacers, and Hawks all have great incentive to tank, but we have seen teams who lose a superstar follow up with great tanks in the past (Cavs, Pelicans, Wolves). Because the Suns, Kings, and Knicks have some young pieces they do not want to mentally poison, I do not expect them to give a full tank effort.

This leaves us with the Bulls, Pacers, and Hawks. The Pacers do not appear to approve of the tanking way (KP has stated they don't start at the bottom) and the Hawks have never really seemed to care much about anything, so I think the Bulls will be the worst team. Kobe proved an overpaid, aging former-superstar can be a great tank commander and the Bulls have a horrible roster. They are my pick.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#17 » by Slava » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:02 am

Kind of hard to know but its probably between Bulls, Hawks, Nets, Suns and Pacers.

Bulls roster is bad, their best player might be Lavine coming off an ACL surgery and he was a negative on the Wolves even with his scoring last season. Dunn is not a capable NBA offensive player.

Same with Hawks and their best player is Schroeder who is a starting caliber PG but nothing special than that.

Pacers season relies a lot on how much Turner can improve.

Nets have a depressingly sad roster which was slightly improved with D'Angelo.

Suns are in a race to bottom out and might deal Bledsoe and Chandler at the first chance. Thereafter they will look to spiral down for lottery positions from all star break onwards.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
PlatinumState
Starter
And1: 2,649

Post#18 » by PlatinumState » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:29 am

Gonna be the Knicks if they trade Melo
The Laker Kid
General Manager
And1: 6,491

Post#19 » by The Laker Kid » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:13 am

Lakers for sure. That's what everyone thinks anyway
MaxwellSmart wrote:I hate to say this, but Go Lakers....
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 43,657

Post#20 » by DaGawd » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:28 am

PlatinumState wrote:Gonna be the Knicks if they trade Melo

I hope you're got damned right
BaF
Washington Wizards

Return to The General Board