ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks Press Conference Thread (2PM)

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

CANiLIVE
Sixth Man
And1: 220

Re: Knicks Press Conference Thread (2PM) 

Post#521 » by CANiLIVE » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:05 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
CANiLIVE wrote:
2010 wrote:
SMFMB is on record as saying we have "several rising stars". The word SEVERAL usually indicates more than two. Obviously he views two others as rising star other than KP. It is evident the other two are Tim and Willy.

Lol wait do you watch the presser? How did you get kp is the only core player? You guys kill me obviously the core is frank, Willy, Timmy and kp. Baker could be very solid, but let's not act like we have no core because kp is the stand out.

Kp could be a top 10 player but the knicks other core guys have a chance to be very good, Willy is beyound his years with his footwork, Timmy is a proven nba scorer and frank has a chance to be a all star pg.

This team isn't the worst in the league and our situation isn't as bad as others, this is why I say the 1 pick is hard to get.

Knicks have young hungry pieces that actually are willing to play team basketball and play defense.

A core represents the main pieces you are building around.

KP is the only guy who fits that description right now.

Maybe that changes.

Young player does not equal core.

So your telling me draymond green isn't a core guy? Because the warriors ain't building around him? Bosh wasn't a core guy because heat was building around lebron? Lamar Odom wasn't a core guy for the lakers during there championship runs?

You a have a corner stone player, core guys, young projects, obviously the knicks have a core with a corner stone.

As I said knicks aren't in horrible shape.
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,324

Post#522 » by Mecca » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:05 pm

Besart19 wrote:Mills will bring Blatt in here...

Wall
Frank
THJ
KP
Willy

Besart's last 73 posts have been made up lineups with nothing else. :lol:
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#523 » by Dr. Detfink » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:05 pm

god shammgod wrote:i'm not sure what they're really going to say. just a chance for perry to be introduced probably. i guess they'll take questions.

Just to explain outside of Perry, familiar faces are running the team who have been around in NY for the last 17 years. :lol:
DaKnicksAreBack
Analyst
And1: 1,785

Post#524 » by DaKnicksAreBack » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:06 pm

Sprewell4Three wrote:Mills first move was signing THJr to a huge contract. We basically bid against ourselves. The Hawks were like no way we're giving this dude that contract.

The point was to outbid the Hawks because tim was a restricted free agent. I don't understand how this point keeps alluding you guys.
bigfnjoe96
General Manager
And1: 3,948

Post#525 » by bigfnjoe96 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:07 pm

Mills, seems to be in different palce then he was last time he was the President. I like this SMFMB...
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,001

Post#526 » by god shammgod » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:07 pm

K-DOT wrote:
2010 wrote:
blueNorange wrote:rambis staying?

maybe the hate only came from one entity :dontknow:

Eventually both Rambo and Horny are goners.

I can see Blatt ending up being here as head coach. He and Mills are tight and Blatt has all the same principles of what Mills/Perry are stating. Defense, unselfish ball moving motion offense, and especially with us having Euro players on our roster.

Looks like Gaines is sticking around too, VP of Player Personnel

Don't know what that entails exactly, but sounds like a promotion

that is a promotion. i think you're reading it a little wrong too. he's now a vice president. in charge of player personnel. not of player personnel. that would make him above warkentein who is director of player personnel. you have to look at the positions like military ranks. vice president is higher than director. he now has one of the bigger positions in the front office.
RealGM
And1: 39,071

Post#527 » by 2010 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:08 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
2010 wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:

Maybe that changes.

Answer the question I asked you about Mills quote "several rising starts". I every time I mention this quote to someone they ignore it (you and Thugg). Who is Mills talking about?

Who knows?

KP is the only one who fits that description. Unless he thinks THJ is a rising star because he played in that game :lol:

:lol:

I think (no, I know) he is definitely talking about Willy and Tim in addition to KP.

He gave Tim that contract for a reason. He views him as entering the all star team conversation at some point during the life of the deal (next 4 years). Mills never wanted Tim to leave. He has always viewed him as a potential starter and star player if he developed right. That is why he brought him back after the man who was responsible for trading him was dismissed.

And he is the one who was the believer in WHG and brought him to Phil's attention. He loves WHG and his development signifies Mills basketball eye for talent. Which is why it is laughable when I see all these WHG trade proposals. People not understanding WHG is his crown jewel moment in personnel decisions. He will wait however long it takes for that flower to fully bloom. Because he planted the seed.

KP, Tim, WHG are the "rising stars" Mills has referenced.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
Crunchknicks1
Pro Prospect
And1: 200

Post#528 » by Crunchknicks1 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:09 pm

What didn't get answered was what's happening with Lee. They said they view Hardway as a starting 2. So where does that leave lee?
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,309

Post#529 » by dakomish23 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:09 pm

CANiLIVE wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
CANiLIVE wrote:
Lol wait do you watch the presser? How did you get kp is the only core player? You guys kill me obviously the core is frank, Willy, Timmy and kp. Baker could be very solid, but let's not act like we have no core because kp is the stand out.

Kp could be a top 10 player but the knicks other core guys have a chance to be very good, Willy is beyound his years with his footwork, Timmy is a proven nba scorer and frank has a chance to be a all star pg.

This team isn't the worst in the league and our situation isn't as bad as others, this is why I say the 1 pick is hard to get.

Knicks have young hungry pieces that actually are willing to play team basketball and play defense.

Maybe that changes.

So your telling me draymond green isn't a core guy? Because the warriors ain't building around him? Bosh wasn't a core guy because heat was building around lebron? Lamar Odom wasn't a core guy for the lakers during there championship runs?

You a have a corner stone player, core guys, young projects, obviously the knicks have a core with a corner stone.

How are those guys mentioned not core guys?

They built their teams around them and others.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
RealGM

Post#530 » by 2010 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:11 pm

god shammgod wrote:
K-DOT wrote:
2010 wrote:
Eventually both Rambo and Horny are goners.

I can see Blatt ending up being here as head coach. He and Mills are tight and Blatt has all the same principles of what Mills/Perry are stating. Defense, unselfish ball moving motion offense, and especially with us having Euro players on our roster.

Looks like Gaines is sticking around too, VP of Player Personnel

that is a promotion. i think you're reading it a little wrong too. he's now a vice president. in charge of player personnel. not of player personnel. that would make him above warkentein who is director of player personnel. you have to look at the positions like military ranks. vice president is higher than director. he now has one of the bigger positions in the front office.

He had that position last season :lol:
(Phil promoted him last year)

god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,001

Post#531 » by god shammgod » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:12 pm

2010 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
K-DOT wrote:Looks like Gaines is sticking around too, VP of Player Personnel

He had that position last season :lol:
(Phil promoted him last year)

i didn't know that :lol:
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 47,893

Post#532 » by DOT » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:12 pm

Crunchknicks1 wrote:What didn't get answered was what's happening with Lee. They said they view Hardway as a starting 2. So where does that leave lee?

If Melo gets traded, Lee is the starting 3
If Melo doesn't get traded, Lee goes
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
RealGM

Post#533 » by 2010 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:12 pm

Crunchknicks1 wrote:What didn't get answered was what's happening with Lee. They said they view Hardway as a starting 2. So where does that leave lee?

Lee has no future here. He is likely slotted as a SF once Melo is inevitably traded. But regardless of the chatter you hear about Tim & Lee playing together, it is only a matter of time before Lee is gone. There is just a pecking order. The focus is on trying to move Melo first. Unless a Lee suitor approaches us.

bigfnjoe96
General Manager
And1: 3,948

Post#534 » by bigfnjoe96 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:13 pm

Mecca wrote:
Besart19 wrote:Mills will bring Blatt in here...

Wall
Frank
THJ
KP
Willy

Besart's last 73 posts have been made up lineups with nothing else. :lol:

The question is, which Wall is he talking about???

Brick or Dry!!!
RealGM

Post#535 » by 2010 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:13 pm

K-DOT wrote:

If Melo gets traded, Lee is the starting 3
If Melo doesn't get traded, Lee goes

This.

CANiLIVE
Sixth Man
And1: 220

Post#536 » by CANiLIVE » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:13 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
CANiLIVE wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:

Maybe that changes.

How are those guys mentioned not core guys?

They built their teams around them and others.

Nobody on the warriors are staying let's buld around green. Nobody on the lakers said we have to bulid around Odom,

You stated to be a core guy the team has to bulid around you, that is not true, none above were bulit around but were core pieces on very good teams.

How aren't the knicks building around kp Willy frank and Timmy because they aren't household names like kp?
Da_Mane_Man
General Manager
And1: 1,590

Post#537 » by Da_Mane_Man » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:13 pm

Man, Jeff is really talking an A+ game. Literally, EVERYTHING he said is what I want for this team.

Play hard D and take it personally when you give up a bucket. Be embarrassed.

Play unselfish ball and be excited about making a pass.

Develop our young guys internally like we did with Willy and Ron Baker.

:clap: :clap:
Crunchknicks1
Pro Prospect
And1: 200

Post#538 » by Crunchknicks1 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:14 pm

Yea I think lee gone too. I just wonder that his value is across the NBA.
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,324

Post#539 » by Mecca » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:16 pm

Crunchknicks1 wrote:Yea I think lee gone too. I just wonder that his value is across the NBA.

2nd round pick.
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,309

Post#540 » by dakomish23 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:17 pm

2010 wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
2010 wrote:
Answer the question I asked you about Mills quote "several rising starts". I every time I mention this quote to someone they ignore it (you and Thugg). Who is Mills talking about?

Who knows?

KP is the only one who fits that description. Unless he thinks THJ is a rising star because he played in that game :lol:

:lol:

I think (no, I know) he is definitely talking about Willy and Tim in addition to KP.

He gave Tim that contract for a reason. He views him as entering the all star team conversation at some point during the life of the deal (next 4 years). Mills never wanted Tim to leave. He has always viewed him as a potential starter and star player if he developed right. That is why he brought him back after the man who was responsible for trading him was dismissed.

And he is the one who was the believer in WHG and brought him to Phil's attention. He loves WHG and his development signifies Mills basketball eye for talent. Which is why it is laughable when I see all these WHG trade proposals. People not understanding WHG is his crown jewel moment in personnel decisions. He will wait however long it takes for that flower to fully bloom. Because he planted the seed.

KP, Tim, WHG are the "rising stars" Mills has referenced.

Well, let's hope he's right. I don't see it right now but like I said that could change.

Tank 2018/19/20 should produce some more core pieces.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit

Return to New York Knicks