Image ImageImage Image

Some Insider Info from JOHN (Deng to Orlando)

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,688

Some Insider Info from JOHN (Deng to Orlando) 

Post#1 » by dougthonus » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:40 pm

So a friend of the poster JOHN from here, messaged me on facebook saying that JOHN had some interesting inside information that he wanted to share with the board, but he couldn't because he was on vacation and didn't really have internet access. Anyway, here are the complete contents of what he sent me via facebook for your perusal.

John's friend wrote:ok,he called me this morning and told me that bulls are in discussions with orlando,we will send deng for pietrus and gortat,thats the offer and one other irrelevant one is turkoglu for dalembert swap,also john heard that amare's 1st choice is miami,bosh's 1st choice is maimi too,boozer's is either new york or nets and lebron its 50-50 between us and staying to cleveland

edit update
John's friend wrote:just read the comments,someone wondered if the offer was from bulls,john said was from orlando
Chi Dynasty12
Analyst
And1: 140

Re: Some Insider Info from JOHN 

Post#2 » by Chi Dynasty12 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:42 pm

Seeing as Pietrus has two years left at $5,300,000 and can hit a three, I'd love to swing that deal.

And for LeBron, July 1st couldn't come any sooner, although there's that gut feeling that he will go with loyalty in the end.

Really appreciate the the rumors/news, thanks Doug
Chicago Bears 2025 Super Bowl Champions
Electric Slim
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,074

Post#3 » by Electric Slim » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:42 pm

Oh my....
AAU Teammate
RealGM
And1: 803

Post#4 » by AAU Teammate » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:43 pm

What's the motivation of Pietrus/Gortat...money wise what does it do?

On its own I like what it does for our roster positionwise i guess
Sever82
Veteran
And1: 47

Post#5 » by Sever82 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:44 pm

dougthonus wrote:So a friend of the poster JOHN from here, messaged me on facebook saying that JOHN had some interesting inside information that he wanted to share with the board, but he couldn't because he was on vacation and didn't really have internet access. Anyway, here are the complete contents of what he sent me via facebook for your perusal.

John's friend wrote:ok,he called me this morning and told me that bulls are in discussions with orlando,we will send deng for pietrus and gortat,thats the offer and one other irrelevant one is turkoglu for dalembert swap,also john heard that amare's 1st choice is miami,bosh's 1st choice is maimi too,boozer's is either new york or nets and lebron its 50-50 between us and staying to cleveland

That would suck, though i'd like to know what Bosh and Amare's second choice is but not good to know they both prefer Miami.
Frank Vogel (Pacer's Coach) on Derrick Rose: "Iverson's Speed, Jason Kidd's Vision, Chauncey Billups Shot and Michael Jordans Athleticism."
waffle
RealGM
And1: 1,661
Location: Don't question the finger and do respect the black box. That is all.....

Post#6 » by waffle » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:44 pm

all sounds plausible.

Bosh "I want to be the man, but will make an exception to hang out with all the Laaaaadaaaaayy's"

Finally! We get Pietrus! Some people will be awefully happy. Gortat is - interesting
Magilla_Gorilla
RealGM
And1: 4,451

Post#7 » by Magilla_Gorilla » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:45 pm

Great googly moogly. Gortat and Pietrus? Thats sounds like a deal a team looking to sign a starting SF in FA would make.

Oh, and have I mentioned lately how much I like JOHN as a poster? Great guy. Seriously.
Sham - Y U NO sell me a t-shirt? Best OB/GYN Houston
Rerisen
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,052

Post#8 » by Rerisen » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:45 pm

Outside the Orlando trade rumor, which is new, this all sounds very much believable on the FA front.

I could easily see Bosh and Amare both eying Miami. Hope they go for STAT.

Gortat/Pietrus doesn't really seem to save us money, but does clear the SF for LeBron. While also bolstering our muscle inside.
Electric Slim
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,074

Post#9 » by Electric Slim » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:46 pm

Wouldn't Pietrus be a great fit for us? Big athletic 2 who can defend and shoot 3's?
Rerisen
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by Rerisen » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:47 pm

Wait a minute, as far as "that's the offer", its the offer from the Magic or from the Bulls?

I assume from us.
TB#1
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#11 » by TB#1 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:47 pm

I'd be interested in that and agree with Mr. Peebles' window display that such a deal in the works is a call to The King.

Gortat is currently BYC and has a trade restriction but I think those expire in July?
Magilla_Gorilla
RealGM

Post#12 » by Magilla_Gorilla » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:47 pm

Gortat is the real deal Holyfield - and all you hooka's and ho's know how I feel.
panthermark
RealGM
And1: 3,512

Post#13 » by panthermark » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:47 pm

Sucks to hear that about Bosh....but...we already knew that...

I don't mind Pietrus....but.....what about Bron? What about Asik?
Jealousy is a sickness.......get well soon....
Howling Mad
General Manager
And1: 577

Post#14 » by Howling Mad » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:49 pm

Pietrus would be fine with me, and pretty young too. We could use him for a solid 5 years before any noticeable decline. Gortat would be the depth and hustle guy we need at the end of the big man rotation. Both of these players would definitely make me happy.

Thanks for sharing!
Rerisen
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by Rerisen » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:50 pm

If this deal were to go down, I wonder if Jerry is thinking of just starting Pietrus at SG and calling it a team.

Moneywise, we wouldn't be able to do much else I think. Not with Kirk still here, though he would make a fine 3rd guard, if very overpriced.

Pietrus doesn't pass much or rebound for his size though, that's why his PER is only 11.9

Figure they would like his defense though.
Magilla_Gorilla
RealGM

Post#16 » by Magilla_Gorilla » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:50 pm

TB#1 wrote:I'd be interested in that and agree with Mr. Peebles' window display that such a deal in the works is a call to The King.

Gortat is currently BYC and has a trade restriction but I think those expire in July?

Gortat's expires July 14th if I am reading the google-puter correctly.

*Hold on - is that only to trade him back to Dallas? Does Gortat only have a trade restriction in regards to the team that signed him to an offer sheet (Dallas)?

Sham? Doug? Anyone?
AAU Teammate
RealGM
And1: 803

Post#17 » by AAU Teammate » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:50 pm

Would this be a criminally anti-Asik maneuver. I do like the idea of prioritizing winning next year, and if that means Asik as 15th man or no Asik at all, so be it.
Ralphb07
RealGM
And1: 5,955

Post#18 » by Ralphb07 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:50 pm

The deal doesn't save us money this year but it does give us good depth and would be a move if we were getting LBJ. Pietrus can shoot the three and defend and Gortat has nice size and is a solid player.
Paxson
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#19 » by Paxson » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:50 pm

So a potential:

Noah/Gortat
Gibson/Rookie
James/Johnson
Pietrus/Hinrich
Rose/Hinrich

But that trade could not happen until after July 13th because Gortat has some restrictions (according to ESPN) related to Orlando matching Dallas's offer sheet.
deputy
Bench Warmer
And1: 54

Post#20 » by deputy » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:51 pm

[obligatory negative comment]

One step closer to The Summer of Joe Johnson!

[/obligatory negative comment]

Return to Chicago Bulls