yardbarker

2014-2015 NBA Free Agents - Entire List Updated

Moderators: Ben, Morten Jensen, Senor Chang, HomoSapien, KingCuban, Rerisen, DuckIII, Tommy Udo 6 , fleet, DASMACKDOWN, alucr

Post#1 2014-2015 NBA Free Agents - Entire List Updat
Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:37 pm by boogydown

Here is a breakdown of all current free agents available in the Summer of 2014

Bulls with the use of the Amnesty on Carlos Boozer (unless he's already been traded) and other "minor" adjustments could have anywhere between $5m to $20m in the Summer of 2014 to spend on Free Agent(s) while still having Rose, Noah, Teague, Butler, 2 Rookies, Gibson, and Mirotic under contract and the possibility of re-signing Deng, Hinrich and others.

Who do you see the Bulls targeting assuming they do plan to wait intending to sign someone for "Free" rather than giving up assets pre maturely like the Knicks did?

Point Guards
Steve Blake (34)
Eric Bledsoe (25) (R)
Kirk Hinrich (33)
Andre Miller (38) (N)
Jameer Nelson (32) (N)
Tony Parker (32) (N)
Ronnie Price (31)
Luke Ridnour (33)
Ramon Sessions (28)
Tyshawn Taylor (24) (R)
Greivis Vasquez (27) (R)
John Wall (24) (R)

Shooting Guards
Will Barton (23) (N)
Avery Bradley (24) (R)
Kobe Bryant (36)
Vince Carter (37)
Jamal Crawford (34) (N)
Jordan Crawford (26) (R)
Nando De Colo (27) (R)
Christian Eyenga (25) (R)
Paul George (24) (R)
Xavier Henry (23) (R)
Wesley Johnson (27) (R)
Dominique Jones (26) (R)
Doron Lamb (23) (N)
Malcolm Lee (24) (R)
Jason Richardson (33) - $6.6MM player option
John Salmons (34) (N)
Thabo Sefolosha (30)
J.R. Smith (29)
Dwyane Wade (32) - $20.59MM early termination option
Elliot Williams (25) (R)

Small Forwards
Al-Farouq Aminu (24) (R)
Carmelo Anthony (30) - $24.35MM early termination option
Luke Babbitt (25) (R)
Shane Battier (36)
Michael Beasley (25) (N)
Caron Butler (34)
Jae Crowder (24) - $915K team option
Luol Deng (29)
Rudy Gay (28) - $19.32MM player option
Danny Granger (31)
Gordon Hayward (24) (R)
Lazar Hayward (28) (R)
Grant Hill (42)
LeBron James (30) - $20.59MM early termination option
Jonas Jerebko (27) - $4.5MM player option
Mike Miller (34) - $6.6MM player option
Quincy Pondexter (26) (R)

Power Forwards
Quincy Acy (24) (N)
Lavoy Allen (25) (R)
Darrell Arthur (26) - $3.45MM player option
Trevor Booker (27) (R)
Chris Bosh (30) - $20.59MM early termination option
Ed Davis (25) (R)
Tim Duncan (38) - $10MM player option
Derrick Favors (23) (R)
Channing Frye (31) - $6.8MM player option
Pau Gasol (34)
Udonis Haslem (34) - $4.62MM player option
Jordan Hill (27)
Kris Humphries (29)
Amir Johnson (27) (N)
Dirk Nowitzki (36)
Patrick Patterson (25) (R)
Anthony Randolph (25)
Zach Randolph (33) - $16.5MM player option
Larry Sanders (26) (R)
Kevin Seraphin (25) (R)
Tornike Shengelia (23) (R)
Amare Stoudemire (32) - $23.41MM early termination option
Ekpe Udoh (27) (R)

Centers
Cole Aldrich (26) (R)
Joel Anthony (32) - $3.8MM player option
Andrea Bargnani (29) - $11.5MM early termination option
Andrew Bogut (30)
Marcus Camby (40) (N)
DeMarcus Cousins (24) (R)
Marcin Gortat (30)
Spencer Hawes (26)
Kosta Koufos (25) - $3MM team option
Slava Kravtsov (27) - $1.5MM player option
Greg Monroe (24) (R)
Anderson Varejao (32) (N)
boogydown
RealGM
Posts: 26,221
And1: 14
Joined: Dec 14, 2004
Top

Post#2 Re: 2014-2015 NBA Free Agents - Entire List U
Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:29 pm by jc23

eww. Paul George could be an interesting option but we might have to overpay since he is a rfa.

The 2014 plan is whack son!!!!
“Showing off is the fool's idea of glory.” - Bruce Lee
jc23

RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 11,865
And1: 1,090
Joined: May 30, 2010
Location: 1901 W.Madsion St
Top

Post#3 Re: 2014-2015 NBA Free Agents - Entire List U
Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:31 pm by Steve Brule

You'd have to think that Avery Bradley is a wet dream of Coach T's.
Steve Brule
Veteran
User avatar
Posts: 2,709
And1: 54
Joined: Feb 17, 2009
Top

Post#4 Re: 2014-2015 NBA Free Agents - Entire List U
Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:35 pm by jc23

does anyone have the updated salary for Derrick? Sham still has the old numbers (the lazy brit) lol.

mostly interested to see what the salary will look like in 14 and 15.
“Showing off is the fool's idea of glory.” - Bruce Lee
jc23

RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 11,865
And1: 1,090
Joined: May 30, 2010
Location: 1901 W.Madsion St
Top

Post#5 Re: 2014-2015 NBA Free Agents - Entire List U
Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:16 pm by boogydown

What I am seeing is a list of players who'll be past their primes demanding max money and are "unlikely" to even consider leaving New York, LA Lakers, or Miami Heat. The remaining free agents will also be washed up, and likely be "overpaid". I also see free agents who didn't want to come here so why try to pursue them again?

Bulls should make moves prior to the 2014 Free Agency meaning moving Boozer and maybe Deng in a deal for a Long Term Solution. Keep focusing on the draft, and try to land steal players in free agency.

Right now, I predict the earliest the Bulls get a superstar next to Rose is 2016 or beyond.
boogydown
RealGM
Posts: 26,221
And1: 14
Joined: Dec 14, 2004
Top

Post#6 Re: 2014-2015 NBA Free Agents - Entire List U
Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:20 pm by KingCuban

Paul George and Greg Monroe.

God that would be nice.

The defense would be unbelievable.

Rose, Teague, Kirk
George, Rookie
Deng, Butler
Monroe, Mirotic, Rookie
Noah, Taj

Sperm.
Image
KingCuban

Global Mod
Global Mod
User avatar
Posts: 60,599
And1: 5,781
Joined: Jan 24, 2004
Location: Australia
Top

Post#7 Re: 2014-2015 NBA Free Agents - Entire List U
Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:37 pm by JDRochholz

We could never afford George. Smith maybe the next suitor....
Image
JDRochholz


Head Coach
User avatar
Posts: 7,271
And1: 335
Joined: May 25, 2010
Location: Hawkeye Nation
Top

Post#8 Re: 2014-2015 NBA Free Agents - Entire List U
Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:38 pm by jc23

Cousins is another possibility. Dude might be a beast by that time and chances are Sac will still be in the suck.

But bottomline is it will be extremely difficult to try and put together a package that trumps what okc, lal amd mia currently have. Hopefully the new tax will help even the playing field some in the coming years.
“Showing off is the fool's idea of glory.” - Bruce Lee
jc23

RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 11,865
And1: 1,090
Joined: May 30, 2010
Location: 1901 W.Madsion St
Top

Post#9 Re: 2014-2015 NBA Free Agents - Entire List U
Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:38 pm by boogydown

Depressing knowing we'll have cap space on a free agency that doesn't look appealing.
boogydown
RealGM
Posts: 26,221
And1: 14
Joined: Dec 14, 2004
Top

Post#10 Re: 2014-2015 NBA Free Agents - Entire List U
Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:39 pm by boogydown

JDRochholz wrote:We could never afford George. Smith maybe the next suitor....


There are 3 Million Smiths? Which one!
boogydown
RealGM
Posts: 26,221
And1: 14
Joined: Dec 14, 2004
Top

Post#11 Re: 2014-2015 NBA Free Agents - Entire List U
Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:51 pm by bullsnewdynasty

Outside of the guys with ETO's, this free agent class is a pile of suck.
bullsnewdynasty
RealGM
Posts: 21,628
And1: 1,134
Joined: Sep 10, 2009
Top

Post#12 Re: 2014-2015 NBA Free Agents - Entire List U
Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:53 pm by Gramatika5O

Lots of trash. Everywhere.
Image
"Chronology" DuckIII's favorite word
Gramatika5O
Bench Warmer
User avatar
Posts: 1,456
And1: 14
Joined: Dec 18, 2011
Top

Post#13 Re: 2014-2015 NBA Free Agents - Entire List U
Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:01 pm by Gar Paxdorf

First, thanks for making the thread and list boogey. I really, really like the names on this list. Remember, people, the players basically has to be a better player or available on a better deal than Deng or Boozer, because those are the main two guys (along with possibly RIP though he'll be soo old by then) we'd have to let go to sign FAs. So, I'll highlight guys that I think may be worth letting Boozer and or deng go, in some combination or some scenario (of total Bulls transactions and thus finished product):


Point Guards
Tony Parker (32) (N)
John Wall (24) (R)

Shooting Guards
Kobe Bryant (36)
Paul George (24) (R)
Dwyane Wade (32) - $20.59MM early termination option

Small Forwards
Carmelo Anthony (30) - $24.35MM early termination option
Michael Beasley (25) (N)
Luol Deng (29)
Rudy Gay (28) - $19.32MM player option
Danny Granger (31)
LeBron James (30) - $20.59MM early termination option

Power Forwards
Chris Bosh (30) - $20.59MM early termination option
Pau Gasol (34)
Dirk Nowitzki (36)
Zach Randolph (33) - $16.5MM player option
Amare Stoudemire (32) - $23.41MM early termination option

Centers
Andrea Bargnani (29) - $11.5MM early termination option
DeMarcus Cousins (24) (R)


The above are all pretty good to great players. Many are old and not all that I've listed will still be worth a big deal in 2 more years. Also, some of the younger prospect guys that I've omitted will break out and be very attractive.

I gotta tell you. Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol both is probably both the best and most realistic option. Kobe has the Thibbs experience, and Gasol I think has been wanting to play for the Bulls for some time. If the Lakers don't win a title (or even if they win two and Kobe and Gasol want a new challenge/experience), I'd try or that.

I could easily see Gasol coming here without Kobe also. Ideally we'd know that Mirotic would work out well, and then spending money on Dirk or Bargs becomes kinda dumb. Cousins will probably be matched, otherwise he'd be IDEAL. I doubt Bosh or Amare leave those teams and contracts, so they're probably out. Z-bo and Gasol, thus, are probably the most realistic big men. Looking at the situation in general, I think resigning Deng to a reasonable deal (I'd offer him a no trade clause in return for a discounted salary) and going after Z-bo or Gasol, or actually keeping Boozer would be the best things. But like I said, a wing player will probably break out and become available, it's just to know when. I think taj will be traded if he's not extended.
All in for Lance Stephenson and Nikola Mirotic in free agency 2014. Let the dynasty begin!
Gar Paxdorf




RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 14,357
And1: 1,343
Joined: Dec 3, 2001
Top

Post#14 Re: 2014-2015 NBA Free Agents - Entire List U
Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:57 pm by Jimako10

Cousins would be my #1 target from here on out. He's got legit superstar potential and plays with a lot of heart on the court. I know people will say he has an attitude problem, but what I've read is that he's just sick of losing and he's not used to it, expressing in the wrong ways. Here's a surprising stat from last year, he led the entire league in charges taken with 50 (to go along with 75 blocks and 98 steals, so you know he's putting in a great effort on both ends). About 49 more charges than Boozer took last year btw. I can't even imagine how great Thibs can mold him into, him and Noah would be amazing together.
Jimako10
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,319
And1: 104
Joined: Jun 15, 2010
Top

Post#15 Re: 2014-2015 NBA Free Agents - Entire List U
Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:37 pm by bullsnewdynasty

teamCHItown wrote:Shooting Guards
Kobe Bryant (36)
Paul George (24) (R)
Dwyane Wade (32) - $20.59MM early termination option

Small Forwards
Carmelo Anthony (30) - $24.35MM early termination option
Michael Beasley (25) (N)
Luol Deng (29)
Rudy Gay (28) - $19.32MM player option
Danny Granger (31)
LeBron James (30) - $20.59MM early termination option

Power Forwards
Chris Bosh (30) - $20.59MM early termination option
Pau Gasol (34)
Dirk Nowitzki (36)
Zach Randolph (33) - $16.5MM player option
Amare Stoudemire (32) - $23.41MM early termination option

Centers
Andrea Bargnani (29) - $11.5MM early termination option
DeMarcus Cousins (24) (R)


Restricted guys hardly ever change destinations, especially the best restricted free agents. So in terms of unrestricted free agents, the best players available are:

1.Ancient Kobe
2.Ancient Dirk
3.Ancient Gasol

All are already showing signs of decline now, just wait 2 years and they'll be even more of a shell of their former selves.

Then you have Danny Granger and Michael Beasley. Neither are better than Deng, and we really waited 2 years to get a chance to sign these stiffs?

As far as the ETO's, why would the Bulls waste their time with those guys again?
bullsnewdynasty
RealGM
Posts: 21,628
And1: 1,134
Joined: Sep 10, 2009
Top

Post#16 Re: 2014-2015 NBA Free Agents - Entire List U
Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:06 am by pduh01

boogydown wrote:Here is a breakdown of all current free agents available in the Summer of 2014

Bulls with the use of the Amnesty on Carlos Boozer (unless he's already been traded) and other "minor" adjustments could have anywhere between $5m to $20m in the Summer of 2014 to spend on Free Agent(s) while still having Rose, Noah, Teague, Butler, 2 Rookies, Gibson, and Mirotic under contract and the possibility of re-signing Deng, Hinrich and others.

Who do you see the Bulls targeting assuming they do plan to wait intending to sign someone for "Free" rather than giving up assets pre maturely like the Knicks did?

Point Guards
Steve Blake (34)
Eric Bledsoe (25) (R)
Kirk Hinrich (33)
Andre Miller (38) (N)
Jameer Nelson (32) (N)
Tony Parker (32) (N)
Ronnie Price (31)
Luke Ridnour (33)
Ramon Sessions (28)
Tyshawn Taylor (24) (R)
Greivis Vasquez (27) (R)
John Wall (24) (R)

Shooting Guards
Will Barton (23) (N)
Avery Bradley (24) (R)
Kobe Bryant (36)
Vince Carter (37)
Jamal Crawford (34) (N)
Jordan Crawford (26) (R)
Nando De Colo (27) (R)
Christian Eyenga (25) (R)
Paul George (24) (R)
Xavier Henry (23) (R)
Wesley Johnson (27) (R)
Dominique Jones (26) (R)
Doron Lamb (23) (N)
Malcolm Lee (24) (R)
Jason Richardson (33) - $6.6MM player option
John Salmons (34) (N)
Thabo Sefolosha (30)
J.R. Smith (29)
Dwyane Wade (32) - $20.59MM early termination option
Elliot Williams (25) (R)

Small Forwards
Al-Farouq Aminu (24) (R)
Carmelo Anthony (30) - $24.35MM early termination option
Luke Babbitt (25) (R)
Shane Battier (36)
Michael Beasley (25) (N)
Caron Butler (34)
Jae Crowder (24) - $915K team option
Luol Deng (29)
Rudy Gay (28) - $19.32MM player option
Danny Granger (31)
Gordon Hayward (24) (R)
Lazar Hayward (28) (R)
Grant Hill (42)
LeBron James (30) - $20.59MM early termination option
Jonas Jerebko (27) - $4.5MM player option
Mike Miller (34) - $6.6MM player option
Quincy Pondexter (26) (R)

Power Forwards
Quincy Acy (24) (N)
Lavoy Allen (25) (R)
Darrell Arthur (26) - $3.45MM player option
Trevor Booker (27) (R)
Chris Bosh (30) - $20.59MM early termination option
Ed Davis (25) (R)
Tim Duncan (38) - $10MM player option
Derrick Favors (23) (R)
Channing Frye (31) - $6.8MM player option
Pau Gasol (34)
Udonis Haslem (34) - $4.62MM player option
Jordan Hill (27)
Kris Humphries (29)
Amir Johnson (27) (N)
Dirk Nowitzki (36)
Patrick Patterson (25) (R)
Anthony Randolph (25)
Zach Randolph (33) - $16.5MM player option
Larry Sanders (26) (R)
Kevin Seraphin (25) (R)
Tornike Shengelia (23) (R)
Amare Stoudemire (32) - $23.41MM early termination option
Ekpe Udoh (27) (R)

Centers
Cole Aldrich (26) (R)
Joel Anthony (32) - $3.8MM player option
Andrea Bargnani (29) - $11.5MM early termination option
Andrew Bogut (30)
Marcus Camby (40) (N)
DeMarcus Cousins (24) (R)
Marcin Gortat (30)
Spencer Hawes (26)
Kosta Koufos (25) - $3MM team option
Slava Kravtsov (27) - $1.5MM player option
Greg Monroe (24) (R)
Anderson Varejao (32) (N)



Yeah I agree the list is not so appealing I doubt James/Wade/Bosh will opt out of their contracts, and beside especially Wade getting older.

However, I do see some solid players that can make a solid addition can give a positive contribution like to see the Bulls to target certain players in 2014 but before I list those players, I want to say I think we should target next off-season, and gun for James Harden hard. I know its not realistic nor difficult to get him since he will be a restricted free agent unless he sign a 1 year QO which if he do he'll become UFA in 2014. I doubt the FO will do it but put their thinking cap on, and go after James Harden hard put some trade scenarios and talk to the Thunder about potential deal. Just saying.....Also at the same time even can't get James Harden I would monitor the Eric Gordon situation which I think one way or another he is going to demand a trade I know he just sign a new contract but his situation with the Hornets is going to keep an eye on.

Anyways, there are a few players we should target which I think will a good addition, and can make a positive contribution players in the following...

Point Guards Targets:
Eric Bledsoe

Ramon Session

Avery Bradley(Yes I know he is list, and play at the two guard but I view him more as a bit of combo guard even though I think he more suited as a point guard, and will be a good one to back up Derrick Rose.)

Shooting Guards Targets:
Doran Lamb
Malcolm Lee
Dominique Jones
Xavier Henry

NOTE: Not much appealing I know but I wouldn't mind give them a shot as a reserve, and could be a potential solid rotation players, and only one that is really appealing is Doran Lamb who by the way I want the Bulls to draft this past year. Those players could be good in long term, and may keep an eye on could be had for cheap.

Small Forward:
Paul George(I know he was listed at SG and he start at the two guard for the Pacers, I view him more of a SF/SG, and I think he talent I think it will be interesting, and love to see him play under Thibs.

With Deng's contract expire I think we should target Paul George as our new SF only problem is he is a restricted free agent and plus he play for our central division rivial which doubt could work on a trade and doubt any of the players the Pacers are interest in. Bad thing we may have to overpaid him to get him though. I would still target him but not overpaid him though.)

Jae Crowder(I think he will be a solid roleplayer in the league.)

Caron Butler(For the part of MLE or Vet min but nothing more, and if the Bulls can resign Deng in a smaller contract.)

Rudy Gay(I will make him my target if we can't get Paul George(which I don't think we can anyways.) and can't resign Deng to a reasonable deal.) but plus depend on certain situation how goes this summer, and possible potential 2015 free agents too will play though.

Luke Babbitt(I honestly think if given a chance I think he will be a solid role-player who can stretch out of the floor can play SF & PF even though I think he will be more of a stretch four in the pros.)

Power Forwards Targets
Ekpe Udoh(If we lose Taj Gibson I think he will be a solid replacement for Taj Gibson if of course we can't find Gibson replacement by that time.)

Jordan Hill(Will be a solid rotation play PF/C and can be had for cheap possible.)

Patrick Patterson(Could be a solid addition if we can't keep Gibson I prefer to target Udoh first though.)

Channing Frye(For only the vet min nothing more.)

Kris Humphries(Just like Patterson & Udoh he will be a solid replacement for Taj Gibson.)

Andrea Bargnani(If only we amnesty Boozer, and do not overpaid him but a long shot though. Oh and I amare he plays center and listed in that position but we all know he is more of a stretch four.)

Center Targets:

Greg Monroe(Long shot I know.)

Marcin Gortat(Can back up Noah, and play some PF if needed.)

Anderson Varejao(As a Noah's backup, and at this point he is going to get older so he either will ask for the MLE which I may give him part of the MLE depend how this free agency class plays out though.)

Spencer Hawes(He will be a solid back up for Noah and compliment Rose well.)

Kosta Koufos

DeMarcus Cousins(Long shot and something to look at possible and potential replacing Noah which we could trade Noah later down the road.)
R.I.P Chicago Bulls 2013-2014 season......

I am sad now...
pduh01
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 16,854
And1: 194
Joined: Jun 25, 2001
Top

Post#17 Re: 2014-2015 NBA Free Agents - Entire List U
Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:13 pm by SixDemonBag

I see nothing worth bending over backwards for. I wouldn't mind dumping and trading for a top draft pick to get someone like Jabari Parker.
SixDemonBag
Freshman
Posts: 97
And1: 0
Joined: Jun 17, 2009
Top

Post#18 Re: 2014-2015 NBA Free Agents - Entire List U
Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:52 pm by Michael Jackson

Of course Parker would be an amazing snag two hometown guys but likely hood of getting him is not high an aging LeBron is much more possible not saying that is likely either but no one at this point is giving up a number rookie contract of Parker for anything and we won't be in the running for a number one pick.
Michael Jackson
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 11,072
And1: 144
Joined: Jun 14, 2001
Top

Post#19 Re: 2014-2015 NBA Free Agents - Entire List U
Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:42 am by robert76

SixDemonBag wrote:I see nothing worth bending over backwards for. I wouldn't mind dumping and trading for a top draft pick to get someone like Jabari Parker.


I agree. That 2nd star everybody is talking about is likely not gonna come from free agency, but from a trade, if the FO gets creative at some point and the planets align themselves.
robert76
Sophomore
Posts: 103
And1: 8
Joined: Jan 1, 2012
Top

Post#20 Re: 2014-2015 NBA Free Agents - Entire List U
Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:11 am by ChicagoMICda59

Jimako10 wrote: Here's a surprising stat from last year, he led the entire league in charges taken with 50 (to go along with 75 blocks and 98 steals, so you know he's putting in a great effort on both ends). About 49 more charges than Boozer took last year btw.


I looked it up and you're right, Boozer did have a charge last year. But I sure as hell don't remember it. I'm going to need video evidence to believe it.

On a related note, I was surprised to see that Taj only had 2 last year. He should work on that...will probably help keep him out of foul trouble.
WTB what a dope choice of pics for pp! PURE VELVET dogg! How can we lose with our captain looking like a cross between bishop don juan and iceburg slim?
ChicagoMICda59
Pro Prospect
User avatar
Posts: 833
And1: 14
Joined: Jan 13, 2005
Location: Picture Me Rollin'
Top

Next

Return to Chicago Bulls


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Adrian, babblin-on, Benedict Miller, bledredwine, ChicagoSportsFan21, Darknemo2000, dumbell78, Eduardo, GetBuLLish, Gregnice33, Illmatic12, iVC15, Keller61, Macallan, mostek, Mr Funk, orgulas, Ralphb07, Red-Bulls83, taj2133, the ultimates, thefranchise3, z0zin, ZUDAMAGIC