yardbarker

McGee: Shaq is a bully, don't care for Shaqtin-a-Fool on TNT

Moderators: Morten Jensen, Blame Rasho, tsherkin, NO-KG-AI, Doctor MJ, UGA Hayes, Basti, KingCuban, Flash3, Yuri Vaultin, magnumt

Post#1 McGee: Shaq is a bully, don't care for Shaqti
Fri Mar 8, 2013 1:56 pm by justinian

http://www.denverstiffs.com/2013/3/8/40 ... tin-a-fool

haha, awkward ...

O'Neal has attempted to make a caricature out of McGee with his "Shaqtin a Fool" segment and McGee was asked about his thoughts on the segments last night - here is how he responded:

Pretty apparent that McGee was not comfortable with the interview at all. From his refusal to look straight into the camera during many of his answers, to his breezy responses to the questions and greetings.

O'Neal has taken his fair share of shots at Dwight Howard, McGee and others since becoming a broadcaster. On a weekly basis he takes shots at his co-host Charles Barkley and the back-and-forth is usually pretty funny as Barkley typically gets the better of O'Neal.

It was clear in McGee's interview that he does not enjoy chatting about the segment that tries to make him look bad and he let everyone watching the post-game interview know it. I say good for him. At some point McGee needs to stand up for himself and serve notice that he doesn't care for how people view him.

justinian
Pro Prospect
And1: 45

Post#2 Re: JaVale McGee speaks out against "Sha
Fri Mar 8, 2013 2:02 pm by koko88

he seems dumb.

shaqtin a coon :lol:
koko88
Rookie
And1: 298

Post#3 Re: JaVale McGee speaks out against "Sha
Fri Mar 8, 2013 2:02 pm by BackseatBoss

I wish Shaq was replaced with Webber. He just tries way too much to be funny, doesn't provide any good analysis, usually just bashes others and his voice is just terrible for TV.
Young_Buc wrote:Yao to me is exactly like Ric Smits.
BackseatBoss

Assistant Coach
And1: 2,603

Post#4 Re: JaVale McGee speaks out against "Sha
Fri Mar 8, 2013 2:04 pm by GAME TIME

You can tell McGee was uncomfortable in the interview.

Shaq is stupid trying to impress the audience, when in fact he isn't funny at all.

I'm glad McGee is standing up for himself, he could be a quiet sensitive guy, and the Tnt crew trying to portray him as a clown, laughing at everything he says or does.
GAME TIME
Sixth Man
And1: 39

Post#5 Re: JaVale McGee speaks out against "Sha
Fri Mar 8, 2013 2:05 pm by druggas

BackseatBoss wrote:I wish Shaq was replaced with Webber. He just tries way too much to be funny, doesn't provide any good analysis, usually just bashes others and his voice is just terrible for TV.
druggas
Veteran
And1: 250

Post#6 Re: JaVale McGee speaks out against "Sha
Fri Mar 8, 2013 2:05 pm by Doddage

It's all in fun so JaVale shouldn't be offended. But it is a good sign that he takes seriously.
Doddage
Starter
And1: 900

Post#7 Re: McGee: Shaq is a bully, don't care for Sh
Fri Mar 8, 2013 2:11 pm by Guy986

Yea its obvious mcgee has been the butt of shaqs joke for a while. I say hes been unfairly targeted. there are some segments where he was put on shaqtin a fool just for missing a shot at the basket.
Guy986
RealGM
And1: 302

Post#8 Re: McGee: Shaq is a bully, don't care for Sh
Fri Mar 8, 2013 2:15 pm by GAME TIME

Shaq ain't funny

McGee is a class act though, look l ike he wanted to to ape **** on the crew, but held back.
GAME TIME
Sixth Man
And1: 39

Post#9 Re: McGee: Shaq is a bully, don't care for Sh
Fri Mar 8, 2013 2:17 pm by Dr Pepper

:lol: Ernie's reactions
Kobe vs MJ "Clone Wars" NBA.com video:

Frosty wrote:Funny this is called Clone Wars because Kobe is like the second installment of the Star Wars series. It looked like Star Wars but came up short. But it did appeal to the kiddies.
Dr Pepper
Assistant Coach
And1: 194

Post#10 Re: JaVale McGee: Shaq a bully & don't ca
Fri Mar 8, 2013 2:19 pm by OKCThunderUp35

I love shaq

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OKCThunderUp35
Bench Warmer
And1: 10

Post#11 Re: McGee: Shaq is a bully, don't care for Sh
Fri Mar 8, 2013 2:22 pm by r3demption

Didn't shaq put him on there once for blocking a shot and it hit brewer in the face? It is a bit ridiculous how he is on that thing every week
r3demption
Rookie
And1: 139

Post#12 Re: McGee: Shaq is a bully, don't care for Sh
Fri Mar 8, 2013 2:30 pm by black bart

I guess he wasn't too keen of being made fun of by shaq in every episode of inside the nba
black bart
Rookie
And1: 40

Post#13 Re: McGee: Shaq is a bully, don't care for Sh
Fri Mar 8, 2013 2:31 pm by BadNFluenz

ou lord please people dont act like McGee doesnt deserve it.

dont act like YOU weren't the ones laughing about him minutes ago
'You are cancerous to your team and the league'
- Kevin Garnett
BadNFluenz
Bench Warmer
And1: 77

Post#14 Re: McGee: Shaq is a bully, don't care for Sh
Fri Mar 8, 2013 2:32 pm by BadNFluenz

sry double
'You are cancerous to your team and the league'
- Kevin Garnett
BadNFluenz
Bench Warmer
And1: 77

Post#15 Re: McGee: Shaq is a bully, don't care for Sh
Fri Mar 8, 2013 2:32 pm by NYK_89

BadNFluenz wrote:ou lord please people dont act like McGee doesnt deserve it.

dont act like YOU were the ones laughing about him minutes ago

Yup... There is a reason he is on there every week.
NYK_89
Assistant Coach
And1: 70

Post#16 Re: McGee: Shaq is a bully, don't care for Sh
Fri Mar 8, 2013 2:33 pm by Manimal

Guy986 wrote:Yea its obvious mcgee has been the butt of shaqs joke for a while. I say hes been unfairly targeted. there are some segments where he was put on shaqtin a fool just for missing a shot at the basket.

Yup, and that's the thing. They single the guy out and bash him for every single small mistake he makes, and yet at the same time, ignore pretty much anything positive he does. It may be "all in good fun," but it's still a deliberate and unfair attack on him. They (the media) have continued to perpetuate this negative image surrounding him, even though it hasn't been warranted for a while now. He's a young guy who works his ass off trying to improve his game and has made significant strides in doing so, yet continues to get shat on by these clowns for no good reason. That's beyond unfair to him and extremely irresponsible by these media outlets. Perception is everything, and McGee has every right to be pissed off about these guys destroying the public perception of him.
Manimal

Sixth Man
And1: 207

Post#17 Re: McGee: Shaq is a bully, don't care for Sh
Fri Mar 8, 2013 2:36 pm by HomoSapien

I didn't think McGee was that bad, besides for the uncomfortable moment where he mispronounces Shaqtin-a-Fool.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose
HomoSapien

Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 3,412

Post#18 Re: McGee: Shaq is a bully, don't care for Sh
Fri Mar 8, 2013 2:57 pm by LascelleL

He's there for a reason...every one messes up...he just brings fails and stupidity to a new level...if he's smart he'll use Shaqtin a Fool as a motivator to preform better
RAPTORS DRAFT WIGGINS
Sinant wrote:I treat the Phoenix/Cleveland/Boston Shaqs like I do Wizards MJ.
Never happened.

^^^^So True

LascelleL

Analyst
And1: 93

Post#19 Re: McGee: Shaq is a bully, don't care for Sh
Fri Mar 8, 2013 2:58 pm by ManualRam

i changed the channel during the interview. made me feel uncomfortable bc i could tell that mcgee was salty.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
ManualRam

RealGM
And1: 2,172

Post#20 Re: McGee: Shaq is a bully, don't care for Sh
Fri Mar 8, 2013 3:52 pm by Inevitable

Manimal wrote:
Guy986 wrote:Yea its obvious mcgee has been the butt of shaqs joke for a while. I say hes been unfairly targeted. there are some segments where he was put on shaqtin a fool just for missing a shot at the basket.

Yup, and that's the thing. They single the guy out and bash him for every single small mistake he makes, and yet at the same time, ignore pretty much anything positive he does. It may be "all in good fun," but it's still a deliberate and unfair attack on him. They (the media) have continued to perpetuate this negative image surrounding him, even though it hasn't been warranted for a while now. He's a young guy who works his ass off trying to improve his game and has made significant strides in doing so, yet continues to get shat on by these clowns for no good reason. That's beyond unfair to him and extremely irresponsible by these media outlets. Perception is everything, and McGee has every right to be pissed off about these guys destroying the public perception of him.

They completely ignored probably this top Shaq'tin a Fool moment last week

Inevitable

RealGM
And1: 12,910

Next

Return to The General Board