What are the Bucks doing? Honestly...

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

giberish
RealGM
And1: 5,825

Re: What are the Bucks doing? Honestly... 

Post#16 » by giberish » Sun Jul 7, 2013 3:27 am

Even if your goal is to be a treadmill team the Zaza deal makes no sense.

Sandars starts at C, Udoh is a quality backup C, Henson can play minutes at C, Ayon's even decent emergency depth there.

Given the perimeter holes elsewhere on the roster spending money on a unnecessary backup C is very odd.
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,765

Post#17 » by kingkirk » Sun Jul 7, 2013 3:35 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:The same thing we also do obviously.

To take over the world?

^ Kohl and Hammond.

The Bucks board can use that free of charge. I feel for them so i won't charge commission.
tranjSAIC
Banned User
And1: 527

Post#18 » by tranjSAIC » Sun Jul 7, 2013 3:38 am

Add in their draft pick this year as another questionable move. They sign for win now players, then draft a guy who obviously doesn't fit that mold. A team like the Magic, that pick makes sense. Bucks need win now players if they are going to continue with this 8 seed approach.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,658

Post#19 » by Baddy Chuck » Sun Jul 7, 2013 3:49 am

tranjSAIC wrote:Add in their draft pick this year as another questionable move. They sign for win now players, then draft a guy who obviously doesn't fit that mold. A team like the Magic, that pick makes sense. Bucks need win now players if they are going to continue with this 8 seed approach.

Thankfully they don't do this though. We'd have absolutely no future if we drafted "NBA ready" guys. Henson, Larry and Giannis are the only hope we have left. Their free agent tactics are **** atrocious, but they are drafting perfect no matter what their "goal" is.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
tranjSAIC
Banned User
And1: 527

Post#20 » by tranjSAIC » Sun Jul 7, 2013 4:02 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
tranjSAIC wrote:Add in their draft pick this year as another questionable move. They sign for win now players, then draft a guy who obviously doesn't fit that mold. A team like the Magic, that pick makes sense. Bucks need win now players if they are going to continue with this 8 seed approach.

Thankfully they don't do this though. We'd have absolutely no future if we drafted "NBA ready" guys. Henson, Larry and Giannis are the only hope we have left. Their free agent tactics are **** atrocious, but they are drafting perfect no matter what their "goal" is.

Your GM kind of reminds me of Isiah Thomas, Horrible at everything a GM has to do, except drafting, your always finding diamonds late.
Wisky3
Sophomore
And1: 27

Post#21 » by Wisky3 » Sun Jul 7, 2013 4:13 am

I'm going to vent here a little bit about the Bucks. I have been a fan of this team since I was born...we have had our ups and downs but this has been on the most depressing off seasons in our history. I know we've had some disaster off seasons (Bobby Simmons, Dan Gadzuric etc...) but this whole year I was looking forward to the offseason because I thought our Ownership/GM was semi competent on basketball moves.

I am fine with the OJ Mayo signing because he's only 25 and its a 3 year deal - easily manageable. This Zaza signing makes no sense to me at all. What's the point? Henson, Ayon, Sanders, Udoh, Ersan and hell even Drew Gooden can play minutes at the C. We just spent $5 million on a fricken backup center when we have other GLARING needs.

Right now our roster sits:

Jennings (RFA), Wolters
Mayo
Luc Richard, Giannis
Ersan, Henson, Gooden
Sanders, Udoh, Zaza

I mean seriously $5 million for a position that we have 6 others who are making less money that will give us way more efficient minutes. I mat be venting over nothing because we could be making a trade but honestly if we are making a trade, we have no valuable pieces that will fetch us someone to be excited about. I am not saying im done by any means being a fan, but chances are I wont be paying for the NBA League Pass this year due to this travesty.
Torres
Sixth Man
And1: 1,156

Post#22 » by Torres » Sun Jul 7, 2013 4:18 am

dumb crap as usual
Image Image
chitownsalesmen
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,740

Post#23 » by chitownsalesmen » Sun Jul 7, 2013 4:20 am

Fobbie wrote:LOL trying to fill out a .500 team to get a fan to come to the game.

FTFY.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 3,883

Post#24 » by theFireBlanket » Sun Jul 7, 2013 4:39 am

Wooderson wrote:Image
I'd imply wishing this Image would happen in the near future if it didn't feel better to just want him to be deemed incompetent, at least when it comes to running a sports franchise.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,735

Post#25 » by Ayt » Sun Jul 7, 2013 4:49 am

Saint Nicolas wrote:The only thing I can think of is that Senator Kohl wants to see a ring before he kicks the bucket.

Unfortunately...

Getting the 8th seed is like making the Finals for Herb Kohl.
jordan0386
Senior
And1: 570

Post#26 » by jordan0386 » Sun Jul 7, 2013 4:50 am

Its the Bucks, guys. Nobody is going there unless they pay up.
thejigglyroom
Rookie
And1: 1,191

Post#27 » by thejigglyroom » Sun Jul 7, 2013 4:58 am

Saint Nicolas wrote:The only thing I can think of is that Senator Kohl wants to see a ring before he kicks the bucket.

Unfortunately...

Is Senator Kohl ten years old? If not, there is no way he's going to live to see that team get a ring.
Nyk_Fatboy:
Carmelos better than durant, Lance stephensons better than harden, Wade, Wall, Derozan, Parker, Westbrick and i prefer antetokoumpo over Griffin, bosh and dirk but its debatable
azuresou1
Head Coach
And1: 1,072

Post#28 » by azuresou1 » Sun Jul 7, 2013 5:06 am

This reminds me of a few years ago when the Kings were tossing 5/35s at backup caliber guys like John Salmons and Francisco Garcia just because.

I'd bemoan bad GMing but now that my team has a good GM I'm admittedly enjoying the schadenfreude.
chitownsalesmen
Lead Assistant

Post#29 » by chitownsalesmen » Sun Jul 7, 2013 5:07 am

Well they basically do have to overpay everyone, even their own free agents.
LikeABosh
RealGM
And1: 8,633

Post#30 » by LikeABosh » Sun Jul 7, 2013 5:10 am

KingCuban wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:The same thing we also do obviously.

To take over the world?

^ Kohl and Hammond.

The Bucks board can use that free of charge. I feel for them so i won't charge commission.

That's pinky and the brain. Not pinky and pinky
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,765

Post#31 » by kingkirk » Sun Jul 7, 2013 5:13 am

chitownsalesmen wrote:Well they basically do have to overpay everyone, even their own free agents.

They have to pay people because no one wants to go there, or no one wants to go there because they're a franchise run by inept idiots with no direction?
chitownsalesmen
Lead Assistant

Post#32 » by chitownsalesmen » Sun Jul 7, 2013 5:19 am

KingCuban wrote:
chitownsalesmen wrote:Well they basically do have to overpay everyone, even their own free agents.

They have to pay people because no one wants to go there, or no one wants to go there because they're a franchise run by inept idiots with no direction?

Chicken or the egg.
Wonderllama
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,401

Post#33 » by Wonderllama » Sun Jul 7, 2013 5:26 am

Getting stomped by the 1st seed is like a championship moment for the Bucks. That seems to be their goal
GreenBloodedC
RealGM
And1: 14,436

Post#34 » by GreenBloodedC » Sun Jul 7, 2013 5:39 am

Treadmill's gonna treadmill
TheBargnaniRule
Junior
And1: 438

Post#35 » by TheBargnaniRule » Sun Jul 7, 2013 5:43 am

We know the song.

9th seed or die trying.

Thanks to TZ for the sig

Return to The General Board