And1: 928

The Josh Smith Trade Thread 

Post#1 » by sfballa13 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:55 am

I know there is a trade thread, but this clown deserves his own thread

Pistons are headed straight for the lottery with this idiot on the team

I think Knicks are desperate to win and desperate to get rid of JR Smith too

Josh Smith for Bargs, JR Smith

Knicks save almost 5M and we get rid of Smith

Besides the Knicks, Kings, where else could we dump this loser?
Han Solo
General Manager
And1: 7,445

Re: The Josh Smith Trade Thread 

Post#2 » by Han Solo » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:58 am

No way Knicks want him. They want a PG and Marc Gasol in the offseason. I can't think of any team.
oldfriendbear
Freshman
And1: 10

Post#3 » by oldfriendbear » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:56 am

Even if it's Jason Thompson and Ray mccalum for smith I think the kings decline. We'd have to take on more dead salary too and no way we are getting first round picks smh... Can't we just not pass him the ball and have him be a Ben Wallace/dunks only save the energy for defense guy?
Han Solo
General Manager

Post#4 » by Han Solo » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:59 am

I'm thinking only way to have a shot at Monroe is if Smith is gone THIS year.
dVs33
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 1,751

Post#5 » by dVs33 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:02 am

Last season i was on the "trade Smith for anything" train. Over the offseason, i guess i eased up on that and with the uncertainty around Monroe's decision, i thought maybe we could use Smith. After the first 2 games though, i'm back on the train... let's do this thing!!
He really is one of the most infuriating players in the league.
I can't see another team having any interest in him and his deal, but if we can move him, we need to.
Han Solo
General Manager

Post#6 » by Han Solo » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:11 am

Right on!!
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,886

Post#7 » by MotownMadness » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:23 am

oldfriendbear wrote:Even if it's Jason Thompson and Ray mccalum for smith I think the kings decline. We'd have to take on more dead salary too and no way we are getting first round picks smh... Can't we just not pass him the ball and have him be a Ben Wallace/dunks only save the energy for defense guy?

I would seriously trade him for Landry and Thompson if thats what it takes. At least individually theyre salary is half of his and they would be alright backing up the 4 and 5. Thats probably the only trade I can see happening right now.

Augustin/Jennings/Dinwiddie
KCP/Meeks/Dinwiddie
Singler/Butler/Martin
Monroe/Landry
Drummond/Thompson
Natopher
Veteran
And1: 802

Post#8 » by Natopher » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:24 am

dVs33 wrote:Last season i was on the "trade Smith for anything" train. Over the offseason, i guess i eased up on that and with the uncertainty around Monroe's decision, i thought maybe we could use Smith. After the first 2 games though, i'm back on the train... let's do this thing!!
He really is one of the most infuriating players in the league.
I can't see another team having any interest in him and his deal, but if we can move him, we need to.

Agreed. I figured that Smith could make it work this year, but his comments are beyond toxic. No way he starts once Monroe comes back, and I can't imagine his attitude will do anything but get worse at that point. We should call up Brooklyn and offer Smith for KG. I feel like BIlly King would take that trade.
The Penguin
"Beat The Commish" Champion/Mr. Clean Slate
And1: 4,107

Post#9 » by The Penguin » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:25 am

There's only two teams I can even get close to talking myself into them taking JSmoove: Boston & Sacramento.

Boston has Gerald Wallace's useless contract they could use to land Smith. We could take a year off Smith's deal and save nearly $3.5 mil next year. Smith is boys with Rondo and the Celtics could talk themselves into trying Smith at PF if they are a surprise playoff contender this year.

Rondo / Bradley / Green / Smith / Sullinger could be a East playoff team and be enough to resign Rondo should they choose.

Sacto is the team that's actually been linked to him. They have the worthless bad contracts that would match up for him and are also eyeing Rondo.

Most other teams either 1) don't have big enough contracts to match, 2) are actively trying to be bad and wouldn't take him or 3) are too smart to even consider him.
teerfour+40LG
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,129

Post#10 » by teerfour+40LG » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:25 am

oldfriendbear wrote:Even if it's Jason Thompson and Ray mccalum for smith I think the kings decline. We'd have to take on more dead salary too and no way we are getting first round picks smh... Can't we just not pass him the ball and have him be a Ben Wallace/dunks only save the energy for defense guy?

Kings fan here,

I would be happy to do a Josh Smith for Jason Thompson and Derrick Williams deal. Derrick Williams is an expiring, so he's nothing to worry about.
Natopher
Veteran

Post#11 » by Natopher » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:26 am

teerfour+40LG wrote:

Kings fan here,

I would be happy to do a Josh Smith for Jason Thompson and Derrick Williams deal. Derrick Williams is an expiring, so he's nothing to worry about.

I don't suppose you have any connections to the King's front office, do you? :pray:
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#12 » by MotownMadness » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:27 am

teerfour+40LG wrote:

Kings fan here,

Thats seriously a done deal lol.
Natopher
Veteran

Post#13 » by Natopher » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:31 am

Pure gold. TRADE SMITH!
[tweet]https://twitter.com/MonkeyWrench32/status/528039972436447232[/tweet]
DetroitPistons
RealGM
And1: 3,441

Post#14 » by DetroitPistons » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:32 am

teerfour+40LG wrote:

Kings fan here,

Done.
sfballa13
Assistant Coach
And1: 928

Post#15 » by sfballa13 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:51 am

Id do the Gerald Wallace for Smith deal but would add Bass for Poop as part of it
- Might as well upgrade our back up PF spot if we are taking on Wallace's corpse for Rondo's best friend

As for the Kings, their owner is so desperate to win there is no way they turn down Landry/Thompson for Smith
- Vivek might even throw in McLemore into the deal since we are taking on Landry
- Monroe/Drummond - Thompson/Landry is not a bad big man lineup

Our team will be much better and the attitudes of Dre/Monroe should improve as well. Addition by subtraction, exactly like the situation with Gay and Toronto last season

Another team no one has mentioned is Brooklyn. If they can get KG to waive his no trade clause, we can buy him out and he can go join Doc in LA and chase a title with the Clippers.
- Nets would have Deron-Joe Johnson-Bogdonavic/AK47 - Smith - Lopez (good enough for at least a 4 seed in the East)

Besides the Kings/Celtics we are really screwed as there is literally not one team that would be willing to take on Smith
Han Solo
General Manager

Post#16 » by Han Solo » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:06 am

This is where SVG can really get his fanbase behind him.. I know he wanted value for this guy.. He's not going to get it and may potentially destroy Drummond's confidence.

Move him Stan. You know it has to be done.
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 2,764

Post#17 » by theBigLip » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:17 am

sfballa13 wrote:Id do the Gerald Wallace for Smith deal but would add Bass for Poop as part of it
- Might as well upgrade our back up PF spot if we are taking on Wallace's corpse for Rondo's best friend

As for the Kings, their owner is so desperate to win there is no way they turn down Landry/Thompson for Smith
- Vivek might even throw in McLemore into the deal since we are taking on Landry

Our team will be much better and the attitudes of Dre/Monroe should improve as well. Addition by subtraction, exactly like the situation with Gay and Toronto last season

Another team no one has mentioned is Brooklyn. If they can get KG to waive his no trade clause, we can buy him out and he can go join Doc in LA and chase a title with the Clippers.
- Nets would have Deron-Joe Johnson-Bogdonavic/AK47 - Smith - Lopez (good enough for at least a 4 seed in the East)

Besides the Kings/Celtics we are really screwed as there is literally not one team that would be willing to take on Smith

I like the Brooklyn option.
dVs33
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 1,751

Post#18 » by dVs33 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:17 am

Natopher wrote:Pure gold. TRADE SMITH!
[tweet]https://twitter.com/MonkeyWrench32/status/528039972436447232[/tweet]

I don't even know what to say... i mean he already plays stupid, but now he has to vocalize his stupidity?

Maybe he actually doesn't respect Martin, as well as Faried, because he seems fairly intelligent and can be productive. Smith must hate that some vet min player is doing a better job than him.
Han Solo
General Manager

Post#19 » by Han Solo » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:19 am

theBigLip wrote:
sfballa13 wrote:Id do the Gerald Wallace for Smith deal but would add Bass for Poop as part of it

I like the Brooklyn option.

me too
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#20 » by MotownMadness » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:26 am

I know most people hate it but theres always the old Smith+Jennings for Deron Williams. I dont think Boston is a very likely spot. Right now I think our two best options are.

Smith and Jennings
for
Dwill and Teletovic (would be awesome next to Dre at times)

Or

Smith and JJ
for
Thompson and Landry (Try for DWill instead but not sure)

Return to Detroit Pistons