NBA players that smoke weed

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

rumdiary
Starter
And1: 775

Re: NBA players that smoke weed 

Post#16 » by rumdiary » Wed Dec 3, 2008 11:58 pm

You guys' percentages are way too high. Sure there'll definitely be some smokers out there, but there's also a lot of serious players who realise that having the munchies for pizza every night aint a good thing for their careers or the split-second decision making they need each game.
Ito
General Manager
And1: 786

Post#17 » by Ito » Thu Dec 4, 2008 12:50 am

Storm Surge wrote:IMO, at least 70% of NBA players smoke weed of some capacity during the offseason.

Players that must smoke all the time.
Josh Howard
Lamar Odom

From what I have heard Chris Andersen stopped doing marijuana and cocaine after his suspension.

Do you think the 70% number is correct?

I seen Odom around my hood twice...

and i saw him puffin while sittin in the bench in a tournament game..
Roger Murdock
RealGM
And1: 4,628

Post#18 » by Roger Murdock » Thu Dec 4, 2008 1:13 am

Storm Surge wrote:IMO, at least 70% of NBA players smoke weed of some capacity during the offseason.

Do you think the 70% number is correct?

I doubt its that high
Smooth32
Lead Assistant
And1: 4

Post#19 » by Smooth32 » Thu Dec 4, 2008 1:15 am

I know for a fact that AI does.
TonyMontana
RealGM
And1: 398

Post#20 » by TonyMontana » Thu Dec 4, 2008 2:01 am

USA wrote::rofl: This is a thread a 13 year old would start. Why would you start this thread Storm Surge? For someone that has been on these boards for 4 years and 4800 posts I am sure you must of seen the all the other threads on the same subject in that time. I know I have seen them. Nothing has changed.

WOW......... Props to you for addressing it.
Seriously, storm crys everytime when someone starts a thread about the Lakers Celtics and Cavs, yet a vet poster like himself comes on here and starts a thread about smoking weed which someone posts every other month, and here you are a rookie addressing it...............props.
I guess when I first came on the Lakers board our mods addressed that its not the quanity its the quality of your posts.
Well guess what you just proved that point.
ToffKobe
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#21 » by ToffKobe » Thu Dec 4, 2008 2:15 am

TonyMontana wrote:
USA wrote::rofl: This is a thread a 13 year old would start. Why would you start this thread Storm Surge? For someone that has been on these boards for 4 years and 4800 posts I am sure you must of seen the all the other threads on the same subject in that time. I know I have seen them. Nothing has changed.

Seriously, storm crys everytime when someone starts a thread about the Lakers Celtics and Cavs, yet a vet poster like himself comes on here and starts a thread about smoking weed which someone posts every other month, and here you are a rookie addressing it...............props.
I guess when I first came on the Lakers board our mods addressed that its not the quanity its the quality of your posts.

Agreed, that was a very good post!
jirojan
Rookie
And1: 231

Post#22 » by jirojan » Thu Dec 4, 2008 2:24 am

nothing wrong with smokeing some greenery once in a while....my guessitmate would be around 80%

some people i dont think smoke at all

kobe
ray allen
mark madsen lol
ilikecb4
Assistant Coach

Post#23 » by ilikecb4 » Thu Dec 4, 2008 3:11 am

yeah iverson smokes everyday, carmelo too

they test only 2 times a year..

it's pretty hard to get caught...

it takes 4 times before u actually get suspended...and the league tries not to go public...

rasheed does, darko does, ....
Ming Kong!
RealGM
And1: 31

Post#24 » by Ming Kong! » Thu Dec 4, 2008 3:23 am

rumdiary wrote:You guys' percentages are way too high. Sure there'll definitely be some smokers out there, but there's also a lot of serious players who realise that having the munchies for pizza every night aint a good thing for their careers or the split-second decision making they need each game.

I agree. According to studies, which obviously aren't perfect, 1/3 try marijuana once in their life. I'm sure that less than half the league smokes weed regularly.
USA
Banned User
And1: 455

Post#25 » by USA » Thu Dec 4, 2008 3:25 am

TonyMontana wrote:

Thanks for the props. I just felt like it had to be said. BTW, I am not a rookie on this site. I have been posting for several years but when RealGM switched looks earlier this year my profile was deleted and I just recently created a new one.
rockymac52
Sixth Man
And1: 73

Post#26 » by rockymac52 » Thu Dec 4, 2008 3:29 am

yeah, I've got a friend who used to work some sort of delivery in the Philly area, and he told me one time he delivered to a house in which AI, Aaron McKie, and a couple other sixers from back then were blazing. no big surprise.

i doubt gilbert arenas smokes.
About_Blank
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#27 » by About_Blank » Thu Dec 4, 2008 3:54 am

Players who dont smoke weed

Vince Carter
Jason Kidd
Kobe Bryant
Leandro Barbosa
Nene
Yao Ming

etc

Players who do

Tmac , he has weed in his veins , that`s why he has lazy eyes.. He`s high on weed everytime

Carmelo Anthony
Sheed
Lebron James surely does as well
BullSoxChicago'sFinest
Veteran

Post#28 » by BullSoxChicago'sFinest » Thu Dec 4, 2008 4:18 am

who cares? I've seen a lot better threads get locked...
The Lord is saving my life; Trust in Him and you'll see the same : ): Daily Scripture Readings
Ask a saint like Padre Pio to ask Jesus to send you a conversion moment. What's the worst that can happen if you don't believe anyways? ;) Prayer works
Storm Surge
General Manager
And1: 16

Post#29 » by Storm Surge » Thu Dec 4, 2008 4:30 am

TonyMontana wrote:

I look around this forum, and the only person that accuses another person of "crying about threads"(you) cries about topics more than anyone.

Find one post of mine in which you interpret it as me "crying". If it's so blatant, like you say, it should be pretty easy right? Since every single thread about those 3 teams created has me in it "crying".
ilikecb4
Assistant Coach

Post#30 » by ilikecb4 » Thu Dec 4, 2008 4:45 am

oh yeah ron artest, al harrington, jermaine oneal, stephen jackson say hi
EventHorizon
Assistant Coach
And1: 306

Post#31 » by EventHorizon » Thu Dec 4, 2008 4:56 am

Chris Bosh in some interviews during practice days comes off ether extremely tired or high.

Also it appears JR Smith sparks a joint on the bus on the way game, I don't know for sure though.
BMF Jet Jaguar
Bench Warmer

Post#32 » by BMF Jet Jaguar » Thu Dec 4, 2008 5:02 am

^ha do you realize how illogical both those statements are.

if chris bosh is interviewed AFTER practice..i bet hed be pretty tired.

and JR def blazes but not on the bus haha

i betcha Memo smokes.

and Beasley obviously
Kobe wrote:Wasn't much of a battle tonight. I kicked his ass tonight.
Troubadour
RealGM
And1: 8,192

Post#33 » by Troubadour » Thu Dec 4, 2008 6:13 am

I bet Rasho tokes everyday.
SteveScheffler
Junior
And1: 0

Post#34 » by SteveScheffler » Thu Dec 4, 2008 6:58 am

i sold sam perkins a quarter once no joke. personally i've always thought thats why players start to suck whenever they come to seattle, they just cant handle our greenery.
bicatmit
Rookie
And1: 50

Post#35 » by bicatmit » Thu Dec 4, 2008 7:39 am

I know of people who have smoked with Udonis Haslem.

But really, as somebody else put it, we should be asking "who *hasn't* smoked in the NBA?" For the guys who are listing some of these stars based on their good guy images, I wouldn't be so naive. You'd be surprised at how many people might indulge themselves.

Return to The General Board