yardbarker

NCAA Wiretap Headlines

Wow the Matt Bonner Dunk was giffed

Moderators: tsherkin, Yuri Vaultin, FluLikeSymptoms, Morris_Shatford, Rhettmatic, Alfred, Undefeated, DG88, itbobby007

Post#1 Wow the Matt Bonner Dunk was giffed
Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:09 am by DG88

Image
Image
Image
Dwane Casey: "We put Andrea in to matchup with Luke Walton and for rebounding"
:rofl:
DG88



Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
User avatar
Posts: 26,864
And1: 7,475
Joined: Jul 25, 2008
Location: You don't know my location but I know yours
Top

Post#2 Re: Wow the Matt Bonner Dunk was giffed
Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:11 am by Chosen_One23

lmao
Chosen_One23
Pro Prospect
Posts: 799
And1: 0
Joined: Jul 20, 2009
Location: Toronto & Brooklyn
Top

Post#3 Re: Wow the Matt Bonner Dunk was giffed
Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:11 am by Boogie!

when matt bonner is driving by you and dunking, you know your d sucks. what's sad is he blew by wright who is supposed to be our best perimeter defender. so he's supposed to be able to stay in front of carmelo and kobe and lebron but he can't stay in front of matt freaking bonner?
Boogie!


RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 23,777
And1: 3,729
Joined: Oct 27, 2005
Location: Ba da da da daaaaaa. If you build it, they will come!
Top

Post#4 Re: Wow the Matt Bonner Dunk was giffed
Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:11 am by UpTopTdot24

you know your bad defensively when MATT FREAKIN BONNER drives the lane and does a tomahawk two handed
UpTopTdot24
Pro Prospect
User avatar
Posts: 888
And1: 0
Joined: Aug 25, 2006
Top

Post#5 Re: Wow the Matt Bonner Dunk was giffed
Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:12 am by Griff83

Perfect example of how soft this team is.

Bargnani needs to put a hard foul on him there. If thats Howard or Garnett I gurantee Bonner is on the ground after getting a good hack. Look how much finesse Bonner just glides to the rim with. He knows no one on this team is going to challenge him.
Griff83
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,784
And1: 125
Joined: Dec 9, 2006
Top

Post#6 Re: Wow the Matt Bonner Dunk was giffed
Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:12 am by A_wildstabatanything

Griff83 wrote:Perfect example of how soft this team is.

Bargnani needs to put a hard foul on him there. If thats Howard or Garnett I gurantee Bonner is on the ground after getting a good hack. Look how much finesse Bonner just glides to the rim with. He knows no one on this team is going to challenge him.


There's no excuse for Antoine Wright letting him get by in the first place.
A_wildstabatanything
Lead Assistant
User avatar
Posts: 5,177
And1: 25
Joined: Nov 21, 2003
Top

Post#7 Re: Wow the Matt Bonner Dunk was giffed
Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:14 am by rayowa

hope it comes in a poster with "Defense Fail" on the bottom
rayowa
Sophomore
User avatar
Posts: 189
And1: 0
Joined: Apr 10, 2007
Top

Post#8 Re: Wow the Matt Bonner Dunk was giffed
Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:14 am by ADROCK

antoine at point of attack.antoine has been madly overated here.chucker and letting boner get by? drive n dunk,drive n kick drive and do whatever they want...no perim d no lane intimidations.we are a team of softies.
ADROCK
Senior
Posts: 645
And1: 0
Joined: Apr 21, 2009
Top

Post#9 Re: Wow the Matt Bonner Dunk was giffed
Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:17 am by SpaceJam

LMAO, it's funny how you think he's going to dunk it on two people in the second gif only for the defenders to be behind him.
_________
SpaceJam
Veteran
User avatar
Posts: 2,569
And1: 3
Joined: Sep 22, 2007
Location: 123 fake street T-Dot
Top

Post#10 Re: Wow the Matt Bonner Dunk was giffed
Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:21 am by kwamebargnani

funny stuff
kwamebargnani



General Manager
User avatar
Posts: 8,477
And1: 945
Joined: Jun 23, 2008
Top

Post#11 Re: Wow the Matt Bonner Dunk was giffed
Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:21 am by TOStateofMind

You could see how he grins right before he dunks in the second gif. Probably grinning at the thought of the raptors D.
Image
TOStateofMind


Head Coach
User avatar
Posts: 7,027
And1: 1,292
Joined: Jul 16, 2008
Top

Post#12 Re: Wow the Matt Bonner Dunk was giffed
Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:23 am by Griff83

Rayce wrote:You could see how he grins right before he dunks in the second gif. Probably grinning at the thought of the raptors D.


He looks like a little kid thats about to dunk for the first time in his life.
Griff83
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,784
And1: 125
Joined: Dec 9, 2006
Top

Post#13 Re: Wow the Matt Bonner Dunk was giffed
Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:32 am by quickymgee

ADROCK wrote:antoine at point of attack.antoine has been madly overated here.chucker and letting boner get by? drive n dunk,drive n kick drive and do whatever they want...no perim d no lane intimidations.we are a team of softies.


you're right with this one, wright was just killing us this game. i would have much preferred having weems in there instead of him, wright simply wasn't fast enough on any of his coverages, he kind of sauntered around. I think weems, being a much more athletic player could have recovered to cover the 3 point line a lot better, that is if he'd stop biting on the pump fake.
quickymgee
Rookie
User avatar
Posts: 1,007
And1: 4
Joined: Oct 20, 2008
Top

Post#14 Re: Wow the Matt Bonner Dunk was giffed
Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:56 am by flipmode18

when I first saw that I was pissed cause someone drove through the lane untouched and slammed it home....then seconds later I found out it was Bonner and totally lost it
Image
flipmode18
Pro Prospect
User avatar
Posts: 809
And1: 8
Joined: Oct 7, 2009
Top

Post#15 Re: Wow the Matt Bonner Dunk was giffed
Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:01 am by C_Money

The guy can barely run for **** sakes!!!
C_Money


RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 11,186
And1: 1,641
Joined: Jun 29, 2008
Top

Post#16 Re: Wow the Matt Bonner Dunk was giffed
Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:05 am by redred9

flipmode18 wrote:when I first saw that I was pissed cause someone drove through the lane untouched and slammed it home....then seconds later I found out it was Bonner and totally lost it

:lol: :lol:


:(
Image
redred9



Assistant Coach
User avatar
Posts: 4,356
And1: 65
Joined: Mar 31, 2008
Location: Sydney & Toronto
Top

Post#17 Re: Wow the Matt Bonner Dunk was giffed
Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:07 am by Volcano

He blew by Wright because Wright was closing out on him from what I remember. We want contested twos, not open threes or lay-ups remember? Our team has extremely slow help D. They wait until it looks like they're going in for an open lay-up before moving in.

I'm not sure what our system's supposed to be, but generally I thought once your man gets beat, the help D rotates over..preventing the opponent from getting into the lane. The next closest defender rotates to make sure the guy who's left open doesn't get hit with a pass and the man who got beat either rotates back to his original man or to the remaining open man.

Basically, Wright closed out hard, but didn't have the legs to adjust for a drive and the help defense was non-existent. I remember when JO played with us, he got to his positions early..whereas our players are spectators until it's too late.
Volcano
RealGM
Posts: 11,845
And1: 2,301
Joined: Jan 16, 2005
Top

Post#18 Re: Wow the Matt Bonner Dunk was giffed
Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:04 am by bychai

ahh this always happens to us... every year some scrub kills us... good ol' raptors
Image
shoutout to Slam Dumb! for ignoring my email!
bychai
Veteran
Posts: 2,967
And1: 1
Joined: Mar 14, 2007
Location: forward, not backward. upward not forward. and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!
Top

Post#19 Re: Wow the Matt Bonner Dunk was giffed
Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:19 am by imgrindin247

Volcano wrote:He blew by Wright because Wright was closing out on him from what I remember. We want contested twos, not open threes or lay-ups remember? Our team has extremely slow help D. They wait until it looks like they're going in for an open lay-up before moving in.

I'm not sure what our system's supposed to be, but generally I thought once your man gets beat, the help D rotates over..preventing the opponent from getting into the lane. The next closest defender rotates to make sure the guy who's left open doesn't get hit with a pass and the man who got beat either rotates back to his original man or to the remaining open man.

Basically, Wright closed out hard, but didn't have the legs to adjust for a drive and the help defense was non-existent. I remember when JO played with us, he got to his positions early..whereas our players are spectators until it's too late.


That was not a hard close out by Wright, it was just bad footwork. Bonner didn't even need a shot fake, he just drove to his strong hand and got there unimpeded. Not that the help D couldn't have been better, but I'm sure nobody was expecting to have to help on Matt Bonner when he has the ball out at the 3 point line.
imgrindin247
Rookie
Posts: 1,224
And1: 0
Joined: Mar 8, 2008
Top

Post#20 Re: Wow the Matt Bonner Dunk was giffed
Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:37 am by Sn0wman

why is it that we always make scrubs look so dam good, heck I bet we raise their value up a bit too
Sn0wman

Banned User
Posts: 8,404
And1: 5,772
Joined: Dec 12, 2008
Top

Next

Return to Toronto Raptors


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ackshun, Boomshakalaka23, GoSu, Guy986, Hue Durant, hyper316, italbeans88, kieferli, Meeksology, omar_white, ReturnofMVP3, UnderdogRaptors, WhatsaTDot